Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Incarnation (IC Thread)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Paramour
HP:1 Luck: 5 -1 Condition: Positively languid.

Someone with a critic's soul could very well argue that Paramour is being far to casual about this battle. However, she does lean out of the pavilion, with her breath hissing out between clenched teeth when War Prince's blood spurts into the air. Her eyes glow momentarily. Suddenly, things don't seem quite as bad.
She is favouring War Prince with her Fortune. Luck Reroll: Toughness for War Prince (1d20+7=22)

Paramour takes a daisy from her hair, and plucks one of the five petals from it, and allows it to flutter away into the waves, before replacing the flower. She sighs. "This might be the most relaxed battle I could have imagined ever fighting. Oh well, it goes without saying Venus is a lover and not a fighter." She picks up a large cognac sifter from the balustrade that wasn't there a moment earlier, and it is quite full of a fragrant brown drink. She pauses to give another meaningful glance at the Dragon that she is trying to subjugate to her will, before turning to Papa Legba. "What's your poison?"
Afflicting the same dragon again: Love Conquers All (Affliction 10, Resisted by Will, Extra: Perception, Entranced/Compelled/Controlled)
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:20 am

Papa Legba
HP- 3
Condition- fatigued

The older man smiles at his beautiful ally.

"Rum, of course.

"I must say that I never realized fighting dragons could be done so comfortably."


He smiles broadly as he casually gestures with his cane, sending another bolt of mystical energies towards one of the dragons attacking War Prince.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 1

Whatever these things were, they were certainly going for the kill, Vicky thought as she blinked away seawater to stare down a mouthful of bone-chillingly vicious teeth. "Back off!" she snapped, tossing her ponytail over one shoulder before twirling her staff and bringing it down on the head of the lizard attacking her in a mighty two-handed, overhead pummel.

Free action: Speaking

Standard action: Use Golden-Banded Wishing Rod on dragon (All-Out Attack +2, Power Attack +2)
Attack roll: (1d20+10=26) 28 including All-out attack
DC 27 toughness save if it hits
Dodge/Parry +8 until her next turn
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Amaterasu

Unable to determine if the dragons are being controlled against their will or not, the young Japanese woman atop the sunbeam moves directly in front of the face of one of the dragons.

"Everybody better close your eyes." she warns the others before emitting a brilliant burst of light.

Visual Dazzle = 1d20+9=17 Going to burn a HP to reroll. Re-roll = 1d20+9=18 + 10 = 28. DC 20 Fort save if that hits.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:29 pm

GM Post

Far from the scene of the melee, Legba and Paramour can see a brilliant flash of light there, bright as the sun, piercing the gloomy half-light that broods over the windswept ocean before dying down again. However, Akemi's strobe does little more than get the dragon's attention. It lunges for her with surprising speed, and while she manages to avoid its jaws - barely - a razor-sharp spine on the side of its head slashes into her thigh as it passes by. Her vision blurs for an instant and she finds herself musing dreamily, They do look more like oriental dragons ... no wings ... before a lance of unbelievable pain shoots through her.

Vicky smashes her staff down on the crown of another dragon's head. The staff strikes with bone-jarring impact, and almost breaks. Vicky has the presence of mind to keep moving, narrowly staying out of reach of the beast's wicked talons. At the same moment, Liam takes advantage of the confused state of the dragon facing him to slam it in the face, actually breaking off one of its huge fangs. Dark blood spurts from the socket. Exulting in having injured the legendary foe, Liam remembers in a flash the other dragon attacking him, now from behind - too late, as it once again rakes its claws across his body.

Far from the melee, Paramour and Legba continue their ranged assault. Paramour can feel the dragon's mind twisting in her mental grip ... confused, in pain from a wound it's just sustained and ... by something else too, but she can't put her finger on it. The dragon's mind struggles, not yet pacified, but close - very close - to becoming hers.

OOC wrote:War Prince - failure by 12 or 13 is actually 3 degrees of failure, not 4. Anyway, Paramour's reroll makes it 2 degrees of failure instead, that gives you another injury (-2 now) and leaves dazed until next round. I assumed you'd use your action for a melee attack against the entranced dragon. You hit, inflicting an injury and leaving the dragon Dazed.

I had Legba attack the same dragon, which amazingly made its will save for no further damage.

Vicky, fighting a different dragon, hits it; it fails toughness by 8 for an injury and dazed condition.

Amaterasu - I'll have your effect aimed at one of the dragons attacking War Prince. It hits but is unfortunately resisted.

Dragons. Two are facing War Prince, one is Entranced and cannot attack, the other attacks and unfortunately hits, that's another toughness save DC29, at -2 now due to injuries. Jeez, sorry about this. :( Hopefully the others will take more of the heat off soon.

One attacks Amaterasu, also hitting. Toughness DC29.

One attacks Sun Wukong, missing.

The target of Paramour's effect is once again Entranced (failing by one degree).

Not really sure whether Thor wanted to attack or not, no action was posted, I assumed he'd attack one of the dragons on War Prince, anyway the attack misses.

Round 4, go! Also, Paramour and Legba only, please make a perception check. Actions should be posted by Monday night EST.

22 War Prince
20 Legba
19 Sun Wukong
17 Amaterasu
14 Dragons
12 Paramour
8 Thor
Last edited by baixiwei on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 1-1

"Hiya! Take that!"
Vicky yelled as she her staff met the dragon's skull with a satisfying crack. Somehow the movements felt natural, right to her, even though she'd never so much as taken a self-defense class before.

There was a gleam in her eye as the creature before her reeled from the blow and she spotted an opening in the enemy's defense. She whistled to get War Prince and the Japanese girl's attention, then quickly flashed a series of hand signals at them. On the mark, get set, go!

Sun Wukong spends 1 HP to use her Devious Plan (renamed Inspire) 3.
Everyone acting after her initiative, except herself, gets +3 to all checks until the start of her next turn.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Amaterasu

Toughness save = 1d20+10=27 1 degree of failure
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

Papa Legba
HP- 2
Condition- uninjured

Legba frowns towards the battle.

"Our young friends are not faring as well as they might be."

Focussing his full attention on the situation, he fires another bolt of silver and black at the dragon that is attacking Amaterasu.

ooc wrote:again with the dc 23 vs will.

and, per request, Perception (1d20+10=30).
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Plan B » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 am

Thor
HP 1
CND: Wet

Thor watched the dragons continue without responce and sighed

"Better get this over with." He said mostly to himself as dropped down to deliever massive haymaker to the dragon attacking the impetuous War Prince, sending a thunderous shockwave though the rain from the force.

All out attack 2 Power Attack 2 1d20+10=28 so close to a crit :x , oh well, DC30 toughness.
    Insert witty comment here.
User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 am

Paramour

The incarnation of Venus furrows her pretty brows as she watches the combat unfold. Setting her brandy down, she busies her hands as she considers the combat. She takes a slice of an odd-looking fruit with pink flesh and seeds that appear to be white foam drops it in a large glass and muddles it with a crystal mortar. Then she tosses a handful of ice into the glass, and finally fills the tumbler with equal parts sparkling water and rum -Appleton of course. "One Athena's Conundrum... subbing rum for ouzo." She passes the beverage over. "You're the Lord of Roads right? If the shit hits the fan, you can get us out of here, right?"

Perception (1d20+3=22) If possible, I'd like to know, what, if anything Paramour sees before posting a final action; if I can't get results before end of round, she'll continue to try and entrance/dominate the Dragon.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:37 pm

A sudden gust shakes the pavilion as Paramour hands Legba his drink, and the two simultaneously stumble against the side, near one of the window openings. Legba manages to hold on to his glass, but a few ice cubes slip out onto the sill, slide off it, and tumble downwards towards the ocean. The pair instinctively follow them with their eyes ...

... and realize there is more than waves beneath them. It's hard - almost impossible - to see more than a few inches into the churning, murky water, but from their lofty vantage, the two can see something large, a mass that makes the sea directly above it darker than that around, like a shadow cast upward. A rock or shoal, perhaps? No, it's moving, making its way past them in the direction of the land. It? No, them: several such massive shadows on either side, all moving in the same direction. Without entering the water, or bringing them out of it, it would be impossible to see what they are.

OOC wrote:Probably nothing good, though.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:49 am

Paramour

Staring down into the water for a few moments, Paramour mutters something that is surely blasphemous, if living Gods can, in fact, blaspheme.

"Well, there's the proverbial shit, speeding for the fan with wild abandon." She glances back at the soggy, but relatively undamaged port city. "Someone has a major hard-on for that poor little town. I think that tidal wave kind of proved that we can't maintain a defensive presence... we need to get to the source and make it stop. I mean... we're having trouble getting past the Dragons... we can't add Leviathans to our plate, too. I mean... you tell me what you think, but that's where my head is at."

Her full, pouty lips harden into a firm line. She snaps her fingers and points toward the Dragons. In the air before the pavilion, a burst of flaming dust appears and out of it rumbles a chariot. A Roman soldier charges the chariot, pulled by massive white horses through the sky, and into the roiling mess of Gods and Dragons.
Create can only do Damage as an Area effect; Paramour is doing damage in an Area: Line, and hoping to catch more than one dragon, but no Incarnations in the effect. PL10 damage
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02 pm

GM Post

In the melee, the heroes are treated to the sight of an ancient Greek war chariot, made of marble, barrelling toward them at full speed. The dragon that is its target sees it coming just before impact, and writhes frantically out of the way. The chariot strikes a glancing blow against its tail, to little effect, and rebounds into the ocean.

Any who happen to glance in that direction notice a human figure floating in the waves. He, or she (hard to tell with the driving rain and waves) wasn't there before, you all are pretty sure, and looks likely to sink underwater at any moment. The figure is not moving and likely unconscious, or already dead.

Thor's titanic blow against the dragon attacking War Prince is more successful: his fist impacts its shoulder joint with a satisfying crunch, and the beast's short, clawed arm hangs limply at its side as it whirls to face the God of Thunder and Storm. Another dragon roars in pain as Legba's psychic assault sears its brain, then drops to the water like a puppet with its strings cut. Only three of the beasts remain now. One lashes Vicky with its tail, knocking the wind out of her and sending her flying backward.

OOC wrote:
  • 22 War Prince: no posted action. I'll have him take a Defend action. Conditions: injured -2.
  • 20 Legba: attacks the dazed, entranced, injured dragon. Dragon fails will by 16, out of comission.
  • 19 Sun Wukong: inspires.
  • 17 Amaterasu: no action posted. I'll have her Dazzle again the dragon attacking her. Power attack for 2, +3 from Sun Wukong's devious plan, 1d20+9-2+3=13 misses.
  • 14 Dragons. Only 3 left, one attacking War Prince, one attacking Amaterasu, one attacking Sun Wukong. The last of these (only) hits. Sun Wukong, Toughness DC29 please.
  • 12 Paramour. I rolled randomly how many dragons you could get in a line - unfortunately it came out as only 1. It makes its Dodge and Toughness saves and takes no damage.
  • 8 Thor. AOA 2 / PA 2 would give you +9 to attack, not +10, but you hit anyway. Dragon fails Toughness by 6 and is injured and dazed.

Er ... this round I only had posted actions from 4 out of the 6 of you. OK, round 5, go!
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:51 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued, Toughness -1 / HP: 1



Sun Wukong yelped as the dragon flicked its tail, smacking her off the cloud in to sail a neat arc that ended with a splash in the murky seawater below.

A few moments later the young woman surfaced, spitting out another mouthful of seawater and glowering at the serpentine creature above. "Now you've made me angry," she gritted her teeth and murmured. The next instant, the surface of the water exploded as she took off with the force of a cruise missile, rocketing skyward at well over the speed of sound and attempting to uppercut the dragon in the jaw with her staff as she zoomed past.

Move action: into melee range of dragon

Standard action: Attack roll vs Dragon, Power Attack +5 (1d20+5=12)
DC 30 toughness save if it hits

Move action: (continued, using Move-by Action) straight up to altitude of 2 miles, the maximum she can travel in 1 round while fatigued with Flight 10
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Herosyndrome » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 pm

War Prince
Condition: -2
HP: 0

Liam looks out over the water and sees the body floating through the moving dragons. He clenches his jaw and dashes across the waves towards the body, hoping to get it up before something bad happens. Hopefully, whoever it is wasn't already dead. Someone's hurt! I'm going to make sure they're okay!

As long as Liam can get to the body, that's what he's going to do this turn.
My Blog: Geek Intellectualist -- http://geekintellectualist.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Herosyndrome
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:52 pm
Location: California

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests