Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Incarnation (IC Thread)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Papa Legba
HP - 2
Condition - uninjured

Legba watches as the small army of monstrosities crawls onto the beach. Frowning, he raises his cane towards them.

This may very well be the stupidest thing I've ever done. And that includes that one time in Mexico...

He pushes a skein of silver and black towards one of the armored and spined creatures, mentally bracing himself for battle as he does so.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 pm

GM Post

The dragon coiled around Amaterasu is simultaneously struck by the force of the Monkey King's (Queen's?) staff, the burning heat of Amaterasu's solar blast, and the incandescent blade of Michael's sword. It lets out a great roar of pain, spitting black blood from its maw as it loosens its hold at last and collapses bonelessly into the water.

This time the heroes all see it happen: the dragon's scaly exterior squeezes tight around it and then collapses inward, as if the air and moisture were being sucked out of it. It deflates, contracting to about the size of a man, looking pathetically vulnerable in comparison to its former mighty aspect. And then the scaled skin sloughes away, snake-like, and reveals that underneath it is a man, pale and bloodied from many wounds, tossed helplessly to and fro on the violent waves and liable to go under at any instant.

A moment's glance verifies that the bodies of the other two dragons downed earlier are now nowhere visible. The fight appears to have gone out of the last remaining dragon. It groans, a sonorous mournful sound like a foghorn, but louder, and grabs at the floating man with its claws, but a huge wave slaps the man away from its grasp.

Back on the beach, Legba stands in the shallows, alone against the oncoming wave of sea monsters. They are moving towards the shore slowly but surely, with clear direction but apparent lack of purpose. One huge crustacean collapses at the shock of his assault, falling mostly back under the surface again. But behind it he can see several more rising out of the water to take its place.

OOC wrote:I'm taking War Prince out of the action for now because his player is temporarily gone. We can assume he's resuscitating the people he rescued from the ocean. Thor didn't say he was going in on the team attack so I left him out of it, to y'all's benefit because it means the attack happens before the dragons act - see below.

  • 20 Legba. Attacks one of the oncoming crustaceans with will-based damage. It fails its save and thus is incapacitated as per minion rules.
  • 17 Sun Wukong (delayed to Amaterasu's action for team attack). Hits
  • 17 Amaterasu. Hits, dragon makes its save.
  • 17 Michael (delayed to Amaterasu's action again, I'm listing him last because he has the most damaging attack). Dragon fails by 4 degrees against the team attack and is incapacitated.
  • 14 Dragons. Dragon 1 tries to shake off Paramour's effect, but fails. Dragon 2 is incapacitated. Dragon 3 doesn't attack - see the description.
  • 12 Paramour, tries to get better control of Dragon 1 again, but fails. It's still compelled. No one's there and Paramour's player is away, I believe, so I didn't describe anything for this.
  • 7 Thor: you could still attack Dragon 3, but I wasn't sure you'd want to because it's not fighting. Let me know and I'll resolve accordingly.
OK, I think we can get out of combat now because there are basically no dragons able to fight. You can pretty much do what you want with the two still conscious dragons.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

The dragon deflating like a balloon cleanly wiped Vicky's smug look of victory off her face. "Oh no! They're humans!"

She dropped her staff - It sank into the sea, forgotten - and swooped down on her cloud to the fallen human, grabbing him by one arm to stop him being lost beneath the waves. There was one. If they got him to a hospital they might be able to save him.

But there had been four dragons. She looked around frantically, whipping her ponytail about in the cold seawater. "They aren't monsters! We've got to find some way to change them back!" she yelled. "Without hurting them," she quickly added.

Notice to spot any more bodies in the sea (1d20+5=17)

I actually couldn't find an explanation anywhere in the book for how much I can lift, but here's hoping Strength 3 will lift a human. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:53 am

Papa Legba
HP - 2
Condition - uninjured

He frowns as he looks at the slow-moving creatures. Obviously, his powers are effective against them, but equally obviously, they have him seriously outnumbered. Visions of Hutch and Sundance facing the Bolivian army keep entering his mind.

Perhaps, at this point, the best course of action is to gather his allies. As soon as the thought has crossed his mind, he stands next to Paramour on her pavilion.

"The sea-monsters are about to reach the beach. They are quite immense, but slow and seem to lack any direction.

"I was able to stop one without difficulty, but there are quite a lot of them."


He looks across the sea towards his fellow incarnations.

"It seems that the dragon situation is in hand.

"So how do we best proceed?"
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Paramour

Currently, Paramour's attention is focused on the Dragon she has allured to her pavilion. When Papa Legba appears, she doesn't turn, but she is still aware of him. "Hello, Big Daddy. Pardon me for not greeting you properly, I still have a serpent I need to wrangle. Word has it that these are transformed people. I'm not sure if being turned into a Dragon is the same thing as being like us, but maybe we'll figure it out."

Her dewy-eyed Dragon thrall comes close enough to nudge the pink marble with his snout, and Paramour reaches out to pet its nose. "Hello, Noble Beast. It is time for you to join with us, and put aside your belligerent ways; let Love rule your actions now... and by Love, I mean Me."

Persuasion (1d20+20=37) and..... and another +5 if for any reason the Dragon is likely to find her Attractive.
I'm either hoping to weaken its Will for more Afliction, or if its Compelled state makes it susceptible to social interaction (she's essentially compelling it to come over and be nice) then that should change it from Hostile to Friendly.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 pm

GM Post

Vicky has no trouble snatching up the body out of the waves, though she does get slapped around by angry waves in the course of it. The man she picks up is bloodied, badly injured and unconscious, but alive and in no immediate danger.

Michael arrives beside Paramour's pavilion momentarily after Legba. The brilliance of his wings gleams attractively off the material of the pavilion, making it shine like a makeshift lighthouse in the windswept gloom. He nods in greeting and introduces himself to Paramour.

In response to Legba's comment, he offers, "I might be able to hold the creatures off for a while. Not forever, though. Perhaps these poor souls -" here he gestures at the dragon coiled around the pavilion, and to the man in Vicky's arms, some distance away - "could offer useful information as to the source of these monstrosities?"

The dragon itself seems skittish, perhaps due to the presence of the legendary slayer of monsters. However, in Paramour's thrall, it restrains its baser instincts. It rumbles deep in its throat, a sound perhaps intended as a purr but coming out sounding more like a volcano preparing to erupt, and looks appealingly at Paramour. It seems that it wants to speak, but can't.

Paramour can feel some wild, feral urge flickering in its mind, constantly threatening to burst again into conflagration. It is a being like herself, she is somehow sure. She recognizes the divine fire in it, burning slowly through its mortality and transfiguring its soul into something ancient and cruel. Like me? The unsettling thought occurs to her unbidden.

OOC wrote:You can consider the dragon Controlled, but it can't speak and doesn't change to human. It does seem to understand you, and can be given orders.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:04 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

I just realized that, for the entire of the last fight I forgot to put my bruised in my conditions. Luckily it didn't end up mattering :)


Carrying the man, Vicky soared over the waves to the pavilion, now awash in bright golden light from the winged figure, whom she has now realized is an angel. "You have got to be kidding," she says, half in awe and half in disbelief as she swoops in and hops off her cloud, which obediently vanishes in a puff of mist. There was something about the man that inspires reverence, in the same way that Venus inspired jealousy. "Next, someone's going to tell me there really is something to all that religion stuff." Like the pavilion floating beneath you in defiance of classical mechanics.

She focuses as Legba mentions the island being attacked. "I would bring him to a hospital," she said. "But it's not safe, if the island's under attack as Mr Legba says. Any of you here happen to be a doctor?" she asks hopefully, looking around the assembled characters. Including the dragon. Hey, with all the crazy stuff that had happened so far, who knew?

I figure that while Amaterasu, Thor, Venus and Papa Legba might be pretty obscure to a mainlander Chinese, winged angels ought to be fairly universally recognized as Christian characters.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 am

Paramour

The stunning blonde seems distracted by her pet Dragon... in truth she is keeping her Will on it, to ensure that it doesn't return to hostilities.

"No, sadly I know nothing about healing arts." She hesitates just a second and then shakes her head. "No... nothing that would help here. Bandaids and Aspirin are the outer limits of my medical knowledge."

She is petting the Dragon, along the softer flesh about its nose and jowls. "I had thought that I would ride this Dragon into battle against the sea monsters, but now I am conflicted. I can feel the humanity buried beneath the mind of the Dragon. I don't think I can use a human, even a changed one, as a thrall. Also, the Sea Monsters... are they also people? If we hurt, or kill them, even in defense of the town -what does that make us?"

Her frustration is showing on her face, which has the unfortunate side-effect of being rather sexy. "All these transformed people have to be coming from somewhere. Probably the same place the hurricane came from. Probably, if we go out to sea, we'll find another cruise ship. Probably another Incarnation -an insane one, will have turned it into a personal stronghold. I think we need to stop playing defense, and go find it."
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

"Then let's find them and make them stop," Vicky said, gently laying down the bleeding man on the floor of the pavilion. Playing doctor, she couldn't do. Cracking skulls, this was something that she apparently could do. "I'm going to take a look around. Who's coming with me?"

Action felt good. Doing something, anything, felt good, since she was no longer quite sure what to believe. If gods truly did exist, though, she wasn't one of them. Vicky still had an angry red welt across her belly from where the dragon had whipped her with its tail. She was certain no god would be laid low so easily.

As she got ready to step off the pavilion, something Venus said struck home. "A cruise ship? Why a cruise ship in particular?"
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Amaterasu

Condition: Shaken, not stirred

Finally free of the dragon's grip, she takes a moment to assess the situation. There were reports of sea monsters storming the beach and the dragons were really people? Boy, this has been one crazy day. If she wrote about this in her travel blog, no one would believe her.

The people who were recently dragons were injured, perhaps critically.

"I might be able to help. I know some first aid." she offers.

Without waiting for an answer, she flies down to where the injured former dragons are and begins to examine them.

Treatment = 1d20+5=10
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

"That takes care of the injured," Vicky said happily. "I'm going to see if I can spot where all this stuff is coming from. Wait for my good news!" She hopped on her cloud and blasted off into the horizon with a sonic boom. She was cold, wet and hurt, but knowing that they were in the middle of what looked like a sea monster invasion pushed all other concerns to the wayside. Darkly, as the clouds whipped by and she shielded her eyes against the piercing wind, Vicky wondered where the authorities were...

Sun Wukong is going to make a circuit round the pavilion at about 2 miles radius and see if she can see anything.
Perception to see if anything suspicious is in the area (1d20+5=16)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:56 am

Papa Legba
HP - (2-1) 1
Condition - uninjured

In a flash, the old man is at Amaterasu's side.

"I have had some first aid training, as well. Let me assist you."

He sets about aiding the former dragons, while also checking to see if any are able to tell what they remember.

ooc wrote: Treatment (1d20 +3=6)
obviously useless at first aid - must be more focussed on seeing if anyone can talk.
Persuasion (1d20 +15=34)
definitely more interested in finding someone to talk.
still, don't want to make anyone worse so...
HP reroll - treatment (1d20 +5=25)
(oops, should be +3, not +5, total 23)
still a lot better, though...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 pm

GM Post

OOC wrote:
Papa Legba wrote:Persuasion (1d20 +15=34)
definitely more interested in finding someone to talk.
still, don't want to make anyone worse so...

I wasn't sure what you are trying to do here. The dragons can't talk. It's a good roll though, so if you give me more direction I'll try to give you something useful.
Sun Wukong wrote:Sun Wukong is going to make a circuit round the pavilion at about 2 miles radius and see if she can see anything.
Perception to see if anything suspicious is in the area (1d20+5=16)

Just wind, rain, clouds, and a horde of sea monsters advancing towards Puerto Rico. You might see better if you flew above the hurricane (several miles up), but without extended senses (I don't know whether you have them), you won't be able to see much detail from that height.
Amaterasu wrote:Without waiting for an answer, she flies down to where the injured former dragons are and begins to examine them.

Papa Legba wrote:Treatment (1d20 +3=6)
obviously useless at first aid - must be more focussed on seeing if anyone can talk.
HP reroll - treatment (1d20 +5=25)
(oops, should be +3, not +5, total 23)
still a lot better, though...

Two are on the beach, with War Prince; one is with Vicky, near the pavilion. I assume you're treating the latter. The first two rolls don't do much, but the last is enough to wake the guy up.


Under Legba's attentions, the man Vicky rescued from the waves coughs, his eyes blink open, and he looks around himself in confusion. "What happened? Where am I? And who are all of you?" His gaze cannot help but linger longer on Paramour than anyone else.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 pm

ooc wrote:was hoping to get somewhere with one of the rescued ex-dragons on the beach. find out what they remember, where they came from ( just now, not hometowns or anything)...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:34 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

"You were some sort of dragon-creature attacking us, we beat you unconscious and you transformed back, and sir Legba there rescued you. And I'm Vicky," she says in a single breath as she zooms back in from the horizon, drenched from the waves and rain with nothing to show for it. To the others she shakes her head in disappointment. "I'm sorry. I couldn't see anything except wind, raid and a lot more monsters. We need to act fast before this problem grows too difficult to handle."

"Unless someone has a better idea, we can either try to stop them on the beach," Vicky ticks off a finger, "which I'm not really sure we can do since there's probably thousands of them down there. Or we can keep looking for whatever's the source of all this, which is like dredging needles out of the sea. We probably ought to settle on one course of action. Quickly."

She pulled a strange of wet hair from her scalp and puffed on it; it turned into a warm blanket with a whoosh, and she draped it about the man's shoulders. "What's the last thing that you remember? Where are you from?" she asked, kneeling by him.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RedBstrd and 4 guests