Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Incarnation (IC Thread)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Plan B » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:19 am

Thor

Thor carried on the attack delivering a massive uppercut to the dragon.

"I don't think this is helping, even if it is fun." Thor yelled to the others enjoying the primal power flowing though his body.


Same as last time AoA 2 PA 21d20+7=23 DC 30 toughness save
    Insert witty comment here.
User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:58 am

Papa Legba
HP-2
Condition- uninjured

Papa Legba looks down at the gargantuan shapes moving through the waters.

"Help the others against the dragons, my dear. I shall move back to the beach to prepare for the leviathans.

"You might try not to be too long in joining me..."


With that he is gone in a swirl of black and silver.

He appears on the beach in a flash. Watching the sea, he takes a deep breath and waits for the swimming creatures to draw near.

ooc wrote:spending a hero point to gain a recovery - remove fatigue. no other action this turn, unless the creatures reach the beach.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Paramour

Indecision hit Veronica as her spry, silver-haired ally disappeared. If he's going to go back, he's going to need help... She inhaled the fiery scent of her cognac for a moment and considered. Best to follow his wishes, the answer to this mystery is still probably past the Dragons.

Reluctantly, she tossed her snifter over the side, and buckled down to business. In the distance she could see War Prince turn his back on the Dragons, and run off into the foam. Assuming he must have a reason, Paramour got ready to watch his back.
Love Conquers All (Affliction 10, Resisted by Will, Extra: Perception, Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) aimed at the Dragon most likely to attack War Prince.
Also, I see Paramour's Create power as the ability to manipulate reality. The charioteer would probably better be described as "spectral" rather than being made of marble.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Amaterasu

The slash from the dragon's spines hurt like hell. It had taken her by surprise. Fighting was still new to her and she had better learn quickly or else her parents were going to be really upset.

Something deep inside her stirred. It was a feeling she had never experienced before. It was not quite anger, more like blind rage.

Without warning, brilliant beams of sunlight burst forth from her eyes, striking the dragon she was staring at.

Solar Rays attack (energy control) = 1d20+9=25
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 pm

GM Post

A titanic wave crests above the floating figure. War Prince speeds under it, scoops up the figure, and makes it out the other side before being submerged. The figure, it turns out, is a man, pale and a bit scruffy with a few days' growth of beard. He is unconscious and a bit beat up, but is clearly still alive.

Not far from where he grabbed the figure, War Prince spots another one - this one a woman - tossed violently among the waves. Before he can pick her up too, one of the dragons lands between them with a huge splash. Burdened as he is, War Prince is unable to dodge in time as the dragon stabs a claw through his thigh. He manages to stay on the water's surface and braces for the dragon's follow up, but it doesn't come. The feral snarl disappears from its face, and it looks at him dumbly with yellow eyes open wide, almost puppy-like.

Another of the dragons lashes at Amaterasu with his tail, managing to coil it around her like a python. Her solar blast sears the beast's scales but doesn't faze it, and she begins to feel lightheaded as the air is squeezed from her body. Thor's mighty uppercut lands on this same dragon's chin, snapping its head up and back, but it doesn't lose its hold.

Meanwhile Legba arrives at the beach. Whatever were the creatures he saw in the water, they aren't here yet, and at the speed they were moving, it might take at least another few minutes before they arrive, at least if there were no others ahead of them. It takes Legba only a moment to realize he is not alone. A man stands on the surface of the water that has flooded the beaches. He's hard to look at due to the brilliant white light shining from his body, but Legba can make out the shape of huge angelic wings spreading up and out from him. The figure is encased in translucent armor that shines as brightly as his wings, and a sword of fire is in his hand. Despite all the strange things he's seen, Legba's heart skips a beat at the sight, and he suppresses a momentary urge to flee as the figure floats or flies towards him.

"Greetings. I am Michael. What is happening here? How can I help?"

OOC wrote:Sorry I'm not hitting everyone equally with the descriptions. I'm sacrificing that to provide a more coherent narrative.

  • 22 War Prince: rescues a floater. Still injured -2.
  • 20 Legba: goes to the beach
  • 19 Sun Wukong: misses and moves out of melee range.
  • 17 Amaterasu: blasts her dragon, hits, but it makes its Toughness save.
  • 14 Dragons. Still 3 left. The one attacking Sun Wukong can't catch her, so attacks Amaterasu (chosen randomly). One dragon hits Amaterasu with a Grab. Roll best of STR or Dodge vs. DC24 to avoid being grabbed. One hits war prince. Roll Toughness DC29, now at -2 due to injuries.
  • 12 Paramour. Sorry about the misdescription. Dragon attacking War Prince fails Will by 8 and so is Compelled.
  • 7 Thor. I assumed attacking the dragon grappling Amaterasu. Hits, it fails Toughness by 8, injured and dazed.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4846
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Amaterasu

Dodge check = 1d20+10=22 Condition = grappled
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 am

Papa Legba
HP- 2
Condition- uninjured

Papa Legba squints toward the brilliantly glowing angelic figure.

"It is good to meet you, Michael. I am called Papa Legba.

"My allies and I are not certain of the specifics, but something is threatening this island and it's inhabitants.

"We have, thus far, battled a storm and several dragons. There is another wave of monstrous creatures heading this way. I came to make sure the beach was cleared and to prepare to face those creatures. My allies are still battling the dragons.

"Your aid would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps you could help against the dragons..."


The old man smiles pleasantly as he points towards the battle raging out to sea.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

Something shot out of the sky like a falling star, faster than the eye could see --

Snapshot: A dragon, attacking Amaterasu. Its tail is coiled about her, serpent-like; its head is rocked slightly back from Thor's mighty uppercut, but the creature looks more than determined on pressing the attack.

Snapshot: Sunwukong, edited into the scene as neatly as a Photoshop cut-and-paste, her staff in a mighty two-handed overhead blow intended to cave in the dragon's skull. The rod is bent into an arc by the force of the blow and the look on the Chinese girl's face says "Let go or else."

An instant later came the sonic boom that followed, blasting a vast ripple into the sea below, and the words she'd yelled during her descent which were only now catching up with her. "Get your slimy tail off her!" This last is accompanied by her pointing the rod menacingly at the dragon as she pants, promising more of where that came from.

Move action: Into melee range of dragon attacking Amaterasu

Standard action: use Damage 10 on dragon
Attack roll vs Dragon (All-out attack +5, Power attack +5) (1d20+10=24)
DC 30 toughness save if it hits
Active defenses at +5 until next turn
Last edited by Ysariel on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Plan B » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:55 am

Thor

Thor grimaced at the dragon which had so far ignored his attacks before speeding towards its head feet first.

AoA 2 PA 21d20+7=25 DC 30 toughness on the same one.
    Insert witty comment here.
User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Paramour
HP:1 LP:3 Condition: Fine (Day-yum)

Not entirely sure what a Compelled result means for M&M, or how it would manifest given Paramour's descriptors... this would also depend on how sentient the Dragons are. However... Paramour is Venus, after all. We're probably talking about Dragon Wood and the Urge to Use It.

Veronica feels the Dragon's mind... soften. Or something. It seems to be going from the lighter pink colour she had originally managed to instil in it, to a hotter pink colour. She kept her will on the beast, and hoped it was starting to break.
More of the same.
Just for kicks, Paramour will use her Luck Control to force the Dragon to roll twice and use the worst.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Amaterasu

Having found herself unexpectedly fighting dragons of the Asian variety and suddenly being grappled by one of them, Akemi wasn't sure what to do next. It didn't look like the others were having much luck either.

The dragon was squeezing her tightly. So tightly, in fact, that she shouldn't be able to breath. To her amazement, she found she didn't really need to. She mentally filed that information away for later analysis.

She needed to try something to get the dragon to loosen up. Her earlier attempts had been fruitless. Since she seemed, thus far, to be able to generate sun related energy, she thought of something she hadn't tried. The sun generates a great amount of heat. She concentrated her mind on that aspect of the sun and directed it towards her captor.

Cumulative Affliction (Heat Stroke) (Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated). Attack = 1d20+6=22 If that hits, it's a DC20 Fort save.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:07 pm

GM Post

On the beach, Michael nods to Legba. "I will go to their aid, then." His wings lift up, huge enough to cast Legba into shadow if they were not made of light, and he shoots off in the direction of the melee.

In the light of Michael's wings, Legba can see the creatures he and Paramour spotted from her pavilion beginning to emerge from the water, although they are still some distance from where he stands. There is a cluster of tentacles with a mouth that looks like an octopus or squid, some spiny armored creature with pincers that might be a crab or lobster, a translucent gelatinous mass that resembles a jellyfish, and more things he doesn't recognize ... all of them are many, many times their natural size, some a story tall or more, as best he can judge with much of their bodies still underwater.

On the way towards the melee, Michael streaks past Paramour's pavilion. He is moving too fast for her to see much more than a brilliant trail of light, like a comet burning through the hurricane's murky haze. Paramour also notices War Prince flashing by in the opposite direction, headed at breakneck speed towards the shore with one unconscious body under each arm. Further away, between her and the melee, the dragon affected by her power wings its way towards her, moving much slower than the divine incarnations, its lantern eyes filled with adoration.

Arriving an instant later at the scene of the battle, Michael does not hesitate to attack the dragon holding Amaterasu with a two-handed strike, cleaving a wicked gash in its flank. The dragon is almost at the same moment pounded from above, in the head, by Thor and Vicky. The impact knocks its head almost down into the water, while its wings desperately scrape air, trying to keep it aloft. But it *does* stay aloft: the creature's incredible resilience is evident. Its body flails crazily with the effort, causing the remaining dragon to miss entirely when it snaps at Amaterasu, still caught in the first dragon's toils.

OOC wrote:I have to apologize. I underestimated how just darn boring these things would be to fight.

  • 22 War Prince. No action posted - I'll assume that he scoops up the other floater and carries both of them back to shore.
  • 20 Legba. Talks with the Archangel Michael.
  • 19 Sun Wukong. Hits the dragon grappling Amaterasu. Very nice shot but ... it made its Toughness save. Barely. Power attacking these guys is definitely a good idea. They have monstrous Toughness.
  • 18 Michael. Attacks the same dragon, AOA/PA 5. And ... misses. Wait no! It hits because the Dragon is Vulnerable while grabbing. Dragon fails Toughness by 2 degrees, dazed and another injury.
  • 17 Amaterasu. Heat Stroke hits the dragon, but it makes its Fort save.
  • 14 Dragons. Dragon 1 is Compelled but didn't receive any command, so I guess it starts flying towards Paramour. Flying in a friendly way, of course, like Chewie in RotJ. At the end of its turn, it gets a Will save to shake off the effect, which fails. Dragon 2 is still hanging on to Amaterasu, and chooses to do its Strength damage to her. Amaterasu, Toughness DC 29 please. Dragon 3 attacks her - should be an easy shot because she is Vulnerable due to the grab - but manages to miss anyway.
  • 12 Paramour attempts to mind control Dragon 1 even better than before, forcing it to roll twice. It actually makes BOTH saves, but is still Compelled from the previous effect.
  • 7 Thor hits. Dragon takes another injury.
War Prince, we've been missing your action a couple of times - are you still with us? Do you need us to slow down the pace?
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4846
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:26 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

"They're tough but they can bleed," Sun Wukong noted with satisfaction as something like a shooting star blazed by and left a weeping gash in the dragon's side. Out of the corner of her eye one of the other dragons was flying towards the pink pavilion, but slowly, not in the way she'd expect an attacking animal to move; she wryly wondered if either of their allies there had made a pet of it. Encouraged by the reinforcements, she signalled Thor, Amaterasu and the blazing comet that just went by, and whirling the staff over her head, mouthed: "Together."

Sun Wukong initiates a team attack, delaying to the lowest initiative of among any who chose to join her (or Thor's, if nobody chooses to join her). Using Golden-Banded Wishing Rod (Damage 10):
Team attack vs dragon attacking Amaterasu (1d20+10=23)
+2 DC to the effect rank of the main attack if 1-2 degree of success, +5 DC if 3+ degrees of success
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Amaterasu

Toughness save = 1d20+10=30


The dragon continued to squeeze her tight but somehow she manages to resist being crushed, for now.

"A little help here would be great." she calls out.

Not having the strength to break free of the dragon's tight grip, she tries blasting the dragon again with solar rays.

Trying Solar Ray attack (energy control) again = 1d20+9=21 If that hits, DC 25 Toughness save. DC 27 save if the +2 from Sun Wukong applies to the attack.


Then, in an attempt to get the dragon to release her, she goes limp and pretends to be unconscious.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Plan B » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:37 am

Thor

Thor darted between the dragon pausing a moment before grabbing one wing and bringing his elbow down attempting shatter its wing.


AoA 2 PA 21d20+7=17DC 30 toughness going to follow up using Fast grab which i believe is DC 25 dodge check
    Insert witty comment here.
User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arkrite, Bing [Bot], Cyborgsamurai, EPIC, kenseido, metool2, Mr.Sandman and 7 guests