Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Incarnation (IC Thread)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Amaterasu

initiative= 1d20+2=12

Startled by the sudden lunge of the snake woman, Kimi instinctively leaps back and subconsciously activates her sunbeam.

Using flight to get out of reach.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:29 am

Papa Legba
HP - 2
Condition -fatigued

Legba stands his ground as Echidna charges forward, his face grim.

"Then war it shall be, abomination."

Silver and black energies flare from his walking stick, striking outwards like a bolt of lightning.

ooc wrote: mind blast - dc 23 vs will
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby baixiwei » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 pm

GM Post

Despite all the strange things that have happened to Echidna today - if Paramour is right in thinking that not long ago, the legendary monster was an ordinary human scientist - she is still surprised by the sudden sandal stomp from above. It pounds her into the deck, and she gives a scream of pain, but being prone doesn't stop her - she continues slithering forward on her belly until she reaches the group, then rears up like a cobra to swipe with her claws at the nearest target.

That target happens to be Thor. The monster rakes him with multiple arms, at the same time wrapping her serpentine body around him. Caught off-balance by the assault, the mighty incarnation of thunder stumbles backwards against the rail at the side of the deck. Then both he and Echidna tumble over the rail and fall into the water with a splash. Even in the moments it takes for this to happen, a horrific gangrenous rot has begun to spread visibly through his flesh from every point where the monster's bare skin touches his own.

Legba is still, barely, able to perceive the monster through the murky ocean water and sends a bolt of silvery-black energy her way. A burbling roar of pain emerges from the water, but at the same moment a writhing coil of darkness - visible only to Legba - shoots towards him, traveling along the line of his attack like lightning along a lightning rod. He glimpses something like the fanged mouth of a snake at the head of the coil, jaws wide open, and he feels as if he is falling into the dark abyss of that maw. Then the coil plunges into his heart, filling his mind and spirit with an icy chill. His age weighs on him and he remembers his family, his son. Will he die here, his body lost to the ocean, lost and forgotten by all who ever loved him?

Of a sudden the wind, which was calm in the hurricane's center, rises again with a vengeance. Strangely it is blowing downwards into the ship from above. Looking up, you see a huge indistinct figure hurtling towards you, only noticeable as a perturbation in the air, the sky and clouds clearly visible through his body. His voice is far more substantial: a deep-throated rumble like the voice of thunder. "You will not hurt her!" he roars. Your hair stands on end for a moment as the air is charged with electricity, and then a brilliant burst of lightning explodes in the midst of you, sending bolts of raw elemental power in all directions.

OOC wrote:These people will ruin your day. I'm not even kidding.
  • 22 Paramour - area damage vs. Echidna. Dodge fails (due to forced reroll), toughness fails by 1 (both toughness rolls were the same), she takes an injury.
  • 21 Sun Wukong - duplicates
  • 17 Echidna (injured 1) - attacks Thor and hits. Thor makes Toughness but fails Fortitude by 6, loses 3 points of Sta. He also fails to resist Grab, via Fast Grab, so is Grabbed. Amazingly he loses contested Str vs Echidna so, continuing her move via Move-by Action, she drags him into the water, I'll say she's about 50 feet down. Whoof, that was a lot. Aren't you glad this happened to the guy whose player isn't here any more?
  • 11 Thor (-3 Sta) - tries to escape, he's stronger but fails due to her Imp Hold. @ end of his turn, recovers 1 power point lost to Weaken, so Sta is -2.5, but also rolls again against the effect 'cause it's progressive, fails by 1 and loses the point just regained.
  • 9 Legba - I'll rule you can still perceive Echidna this round, but won't be able to if she goes deeper. She fails her save by 9, I fiat for a reroll, she now succeeds, you get a HP. However, you also need to make a DC23 Will Save against a Reaction Affliction effect triggered by hitting her with a mental effect. It's a fear aura (mind control, limited to causing you to flee), so if you fail you should act accordingly next round.
  • 6 Typhon - I fiat to power stunt area lightning damage that gets all of you except Wukong, who's far enough away. DC22 Dodge / DC27 Toughness vs Damage for everyone except Wukong, but you all (except Wukong) get a HP.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Amaterasu

Dodge with Evasion = 1d20+12=24
Toughness check = 1d20+10=11 Using a HP to re-roll = 1d20+10=17 +10 = 27.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Papa Legba
HP - 4 (2)
Condition - fatigued, -1 toughness

Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Paramour
HP:4 - 1 L:1/5 Condition: -1 Regenerating 1/10

Paramour dances away from Typhon's lightning with ease, but a gust of super-heated steam pinkens her skin.

"That sea-slug is your girlfriend? Well, I got one question for you..." The Blonde Demigod strikes a pose. "Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?"

And then she blows him a kiss.
Dodge Lightning (1d20+15=18) Crap. HP Reroll; automatically passes. Save vs. Lightning (1d20+5=17) That's 1 degree of failure.

Mwah! AE: Unerring Arrows of Eros (Affliction 10, Resisted by Fortitude, Extra: Perception, Dazed/Exhausted/Incapacitated)
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 1

"This keeps getting worse and worse," Sun Wukong noted. "I thought there was only one of them, and now-"

The other Wukong shut her(self?) up. "No time for talking. Attack!" In perfect unison, both materialized black staves banded with gold on each end and leapt forward to strike the insubstantial wind-thing that was attacking.

Wukong:
Move action: into melee range of Typhon
Standard action: use Damage 10 on Typhon
Attack roll vs Typhon (Power Attack +5) (1d20+5=15)
DC 30 Toughness save if it hits

Decoy:
Move action: into melee range of Typhon
Standard action: use Damage 5 on Typhon
Attack Roll vs Typhon (1d20+5=17)
DC 20 Toughness save if it hits
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Amaterasu

"What the hell is going on today? It's like something out of a bad movie! I don't know who you are and right now, I don't really care. Too many innocent lives are at stake. It seems reasonable to conclude that you are responsible for the hurricane therefore, you must be stopped."

Solar Ray attack (Energy Control) = 1d20+9=29 Toughness save DC25.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:07 am

Papa Legba
HP - 2
Condition - fatigued, -1 toughness

The old man manages to avoid the worst of the lightning, though a near strike leaves him feeling tingly and weak. Staggering back, he realizes that he has lost sight of Echidna and Thor. Muttering a curse under his breath, he turns to look up at the strange, airy being that is attacking.

Raising his cane, he looses a blast of silver and black towards the figure.

ooc wrote:dc23 mind blast, affects insubstantial 2
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby baixiwei » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm

GM Post

Despite his huge size, Typhon (as you assume him to be called) moves as agilely as you might expect someone made of pure wind, twisting out of the way of blows from Vicky and her simian duplicate. However, he is not agile enough to avoid all of you: Papa Legba's silver-black energy burns through his body at the same moment as Amaterasu's solar beam, momentarily setting the swirling air on fire, although it's put out almost instantly. Strangely it's Paramour's taunt that seems to affect him the most. "My WIFE, skank!" he windily screams in reply, something in his tone suggesting he's not in fact thrilled to be in the role of husband at this moment.

His ponderous arm reaches forward towards the ship as if grabbing a fistfull of air, then snaps backwards in a pulling motion. The ship, on which Paramour and Legba are still standing, pitches violently, then before they know it, it's hurtling through the air in the grip of beyond hurricane-force winds. Both of them are unceremoniously dumped out plummet towards the waves, under which Echidna awaits. Meanwhile the ship itself whips towards Typhon, together with Vicky and her duplicate who are floating near him in the air. Vicky twists reflexively out of the way, the slimy hull passing inches from her face, but hears a sodden crunch as the ship slams into her duplicate with terrible force. Typhon himself makes no effort to avoid it, and the ship passes through his body harmlessly.

OOC wrote:
    Round 2 go. Paramour and Vicky are up first.
  • 22 Paramour (injured 1) - affliction vs Typhon, Fort save succeeds.
  • 21 Sun Wukong and Dupe - both attacks miss.
  • 17 Echidna (injured 1) - first, just being in Grab with Thor applies her Weaken Sta to him again. He fails Fort by 5 (including penalty from already lost Sta), so he's now at -11 points, i.e. -5.5 Sta. Rather than inflicting Strength damage for free, she'll let up with one arm and use it to PA for 2, hits for DC31 damage. With existing penalties from Rot, Thor fails Toughness by 15 and is Staggered (Dazed and Hindered). However, Thor wins the Str check to avoid being dragged deeper.
  • 12 Amaterasu blasts Typhon and hits. It's actually a critical so DC is 30. He fails by 3 and takes an injury.
  • 11 Thor (-5.5 Sta, Staggered - Dazed and Hindered) - again tries to escape Grab, this time succeeds, but cannot take a Move action because he's Dazed. Fails Fort check to overcome the Progressive Weaken Sta, then fails resistance by 6, so he's now at -13 points (-6.5 Sta), which is the max this effect can achieve.
  • 9 Legba mind blasts, Typhon fails by 6, Dazed and Injured again
  • 6 Typhon (injured 2) is next. Uses Move Object to pick up the entire ship and slap Vicky with it, dumping Legba and Paramour out in the process. Attack hits - the Dupe. Dupe fails save and is KO'ed. Paramour and Legba are falling and be in the water next round if nothing is done about it. You're not high enough to take damage from the fall - what's in the water, though, is another matter ...
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:45 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 1-1 = 0

Sun Wukong was surprisingly calm for someone who had narrowly escaped being slapped in the face with 4,000 tons of research vessel, which crushed her decoy like a paper construct; as she twisted aside something exploded in a puff of vapor beneath her and she was soon standing on her Somersault Cloud, staff in hand. She shook her head at Typhon in a disapproving manner. "Wife? What, you're so desperate for one that you'd marry that? Must be hard being a disembodied cloud, I imagine!" There was a twinkle in her eye as she regarded the formless mass of air, as if she could spot something that mortal sight could not. "He's left himself open! Attack!"

Move action: Taunt as move action (1d20+9-5=24)

Standard action: Inspire 3
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Paramour
HP:3 - 1 L:1/5 -1 Condition: -1 Regenerating 2/10

The divinely powered incarnation of Venus shows far more poise than her former mortal self ever could have. Instead of panicking and screaming all the way into the ocean, she draws on her divine powers.

A sextet of beautiful, well muscled men in togas deftly catch Paramour's falling form in a soft litter. A similar litter catches Papa Legba -although his litter bearers are statuesque women instead. A third sextet appears next to Typhon. The sextet that appears around Typhon do not have a litter, they have a dirty sheet which they throw over him. They do not have bearer poles, they have what appear to be splintered table-legs. No one would use the word "beautiful" to describe these men... they have sullen eyes and bruised knuckles... and they proceed to lay into the dirty sheet with their makeshift clubs.

"And that, my dear Papa, is the difference between first class and coach."
Paramour is using her Create to keep herself and Legba in the air. Additionally, she will use Create to beat the tar out of Typhon; she will burn an HP to power-stunt Affects Insubstantial, and burn a Luck Point to Force Reroll, take worst result on Typhon's dodge check as well. That's DC20 Dodge and DC25 damage
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Amaterasu

The young Asian woman, surprised that her attack actually worked, decided to try again.

"If that is indeed your wife down under the ocean, perhaps you should go help her." she suggests before unleashing another blast of searing sunlight.

Solar ray attack = 1d20+9=28 DC25 toughness save if that hits.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ysariel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 1-1 = 0

Last edited by Ysariel on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Amaterasu

Dodge = 1d20+10+2+3=26 It includes +2 from Evasion and +3 from Vicky.

Will = 1d20+9=23
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room