Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Incarnation (IC Thread)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:03 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

Despite the driving rain, being high in the air restored her confidence somewhat, and when she sneezed there was more annoyance than distress in it. Sun Wukong beamed into the distance. "You can't hide forever," she murmured. With a roaring noise not unlike that of a high-performance ramjet and accompanying sonic boom, she blasted ahead, right towards the eye of the storm, the shockwave of her passing blasting aside the rain. The lightning bolts daunted her not a bit.

Roughly over the center of the eye she came to a stop and slammed the butt of her staff into the somersault cloud (it was surprisingly solid given all appearances), then declared, "Which insolent upstart is littering the sea with monsters and ruining my good weather? Explain yourself now or face the Monkey Queen's judgement!"

Sun Wukong brandished her golden-banded rod in challenge.
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 am

Papa Legba
HP - 2
Condition - becoming fatigued...

Papa Legba listens intently to Paramour's words. When she has finished speaking, he raises his arm and, using the tip of his cane, draws a circle of black and silver in the air. Once the circle is completed, the energies spiral inward and, suddenly, are replaced by a gateway that opens onto the deck of what appears to be an abandonded ship.

"After you, my friends," says the smiling old man as he gestures elegantly towards the gateway.

ooc wrote:general idea of where ship is + 1000 mile range + accurate on teleport = a group outing to sea monster central...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 pm

GM Post

OOC wrote:
Paramour wrote:"I think we're a missing a person.
Indeed.


Paramour wrote:She gazes at Michael a bit, obviously thinking. Finally, she asks "Michael, were you sent by Vox Dei to fight the wiles of Lilith?"

Paramour gestures out to sea. "The Algae tell me that the sea monsters are corrupted, or converted natural sea life, crabs and fish... and that the serpent woman is pouring more poison into the water -she'll keep making more until she's stopped." Turning to her dragon, she beckons to it, and it lowers its head down so that she can pet its nose again. "Will you go with Michael? Help him stem the tide of sea monsters?"


"It is not given to me to know why I came here, other than to combat evil in all its guises." Michael's voice resounds like a chorus of trumpets but nevertheless sounds a bit flustered, perhaps with all this talk of wiles coming from a barely-clad beauty. If he is an angel, he's not immune to human desires, it seems. "Yes, come with me, beast. No better ally against darkness than a soul tested and turned away from Satan."

The two fly off towards the beach and, before long, those left behind can see great gouts of flame raking across the face of the water, visible at a distance despite the dim light and still heavy rain. The air fills with steam as huge quantities of water are boiled away. But the multitude of sea monsters continues to surge forward.

Papa Legba wrote:Papa Legba listens intently to Paramour's words. When she has finished speaking, he raises his arm and, using the tip of his cane, draws a circle of black and silver in the air. Once the circle is completed, the energies spiral inward and, suddenly, are replaced by a gateway that opens onto the deck of what appears to be an abandonded ship.

"After you, my friends," says the smiling old man as he gestures elegantly towards the gateway.


The divine incarnations step through the gate, arriving on the deck of the ship at about the same time Vicky bursts through the clouds above it. The sudden calm is disquieting - they had just become almost accustomed to screaming wind and driving rain, but neither prevails here, and the abandoned ship floats gently on peaceful waves. The scene would be idyllic except for the horrific figure coiled around the prow of the ship.

The naked torso of a woman, yes, a long snake-like tail in place of legs, yes, these things are strange but not unexpected, nor is it they that make her horrific. It is, instead, the aspect of death and decay that shows itself in every aspect of her. Her skin is pallid as that of a drowned corpse. Her six arms end in vulture-like talons and her body reeks of rotting carrion. A black, oily substance, the source of the stench, seemingly oozes from her every pore, coating the part of the ship where she rests and flowing down to the water below. Her bulging, luminescent eyes glare at the group malevolently as she answers Vicky's challenge:

"The monsters are mine, though I take no responsibility for the weather. Are you here to kill me? I warn you, it won't be easy."

OOC wrote:To get things moving ahead here I just assumed everyone goes along ... if anyone doesn't wanna, let me know and I can retcon.

Penalties to movement and perception are gone in the vicinity of the ship, of course.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4839
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

"You didn't think we came to fine you for littering, did you?" Sun Wukong said as she watched the other Incarnations step out of a gate of light onto the ship, but Vicky seems to hesitate at the mention of 'kill'. The real Sun Wukong, no doubt, would be all over that idea like a cat on a ball of twine. "Threatening the city with beasts and turning people into dragons? You've got a lot to answer for."

Her eyes flared golden-red as she spoke.

Vicky is using her Vision counters Illusion to see the true form of the thing, if it's using an illusion to conceal anything about itself.

Initiative (1d20+10=21)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:43 am

Papa Legba
HP - 2
Condition - Fatigued

The old man steps towards the altered woman, raising one hand in a gesture of peace.

"We are far more interested in resolving this situation than we are in fighting, much less killing, you.

"Why are you creating these things and what do you hope to accomplish by sending them to attack San Juan?"


ooc wrote:persuasion = 1d20 + 15=35
that should do to get her talking... :D
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Amaterasu

Akemi is amazed at the portal creates. She follows the others and suddenly finds herself on the deck of a ship of some sort. She instantly notices both Sun Wukong and the half naked, nearly dead looking, woman. The naked woman also had 6 arms. Something about her appearance struck a familiar chord deep within her mind but she couldn't quite place her.

"I would prefer not to have to attempt to kill you. Your creatures are harming innocent people though and we cannot allow that. If you will recall them, perhaps we can resolve this peacefully."
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Paramour

After stepping through the portal, Paramour allows Papa Legba to take her arm to steady her on the deck... and should he fail to offer his arm, she *ahems* at him until he does. When the others speak, Paramour uncharacteristically chooses to remain silent. Unobtrusively as possible, she is looking about the ship, and in the skies above it for the incarnation of Typhon.

I haven't looked up Typhon, but I assume he has something to do with weather, given the similarity of his name to Typhoon. Perception (1d20+3=14)
Also, while Paramour has absolutely stupid Persuasion, she suspects that her fair visage will make Echidna jealous. I've discounted the Lilith angle...
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:56 pm

GM Post

The corpse-like monster woman regards you all with contempt.

Legba wrote:"Why are you creating these things and what do you hope to accomplish by sending them to attack San Juan?"


"Why does a mother give birth to children? Why does aspergillius cast its spores into the wind? Why does a volcano erupt? I do as my nature demands - like you." A strange comment, given her distinctly unnatural appearance, as she herself seems to realize, giving a bitter, ironic smirk that reveals several rows of wickedly sharp teeth.

Amaterasu wrote:"I would prefer not to have to attempt to kill you. Your creatures are harming innocent people though and we cannot allow that. If you will recall them, perhaps we can resolve this peacefully."


"No more than a volcano can recall its magma or a fungus its spores can I do ask you ask. Nor would I, if I could. Does a mother command her children? She births them and loves them, and they do as they will.

...

"... But she will protect them, if they are in danger." She looks at all of you suspiciously, and glances skyward for a moment, perhaps following Paramour's gaze.

OOC wrote:I'm switching to referring to y'all in the 2nd person because I'm honestly out of 3rd-person ways to refer to you.
Sun Wukong wrote:Vicky is using her Vision counters Illusion to see the true form of the thing, if it's using an illusion to conceal anything about itself.

Initiative (1d20+10=21)

It doesn't seem to be concealing anything - there's no illusion.
Papa Legba wrote:persuasion = 1d20 + 15=35
that should do to get her talking... :D

Yep. It's getting her to shut up that will be the problem. :)
Paramour wrote:I haven't looked up Typhon, but I assume he has something to do with weather, given the similarity of his name to Typhoon. Perception (1d20+3=14)

Can't give you anything with that roll & for other reasons ...

Anyone still talking to her should probably make a Deception check if you wish to conceal the fact that her 'children' are currently being boiled alive down at the beach, a fact of which she seems unaware.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4839
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Papa Legba
HP - 2
Condition - disappointed but resolute

Legba sighs wearily, shaking his head sadly.

"It would seem that you have no desire to cooperate peacefully.

"I fear you leave us with no choice but to stop you, by whatever means are necessary…"


As he finishes speaking he raises his dog-handled walking stick, black and silver energies flaring around it dangerously.

Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 0

"That's nonsense," Sun Wukong exclaimed, shaking her head. The cloud beneath her feet vanished and she stepped onto the deck of the rain-drenched ship. "You're not a force of nature or a weed, and no good mother lets her children do as they please. Stop using that pseudo-philosophical nonsense to excuse yourself from responsibility."

She joins in as Legba threatens her. "Last warning!" Flippantly, on the verge of battle, she rests her staff across her shoulder blades and ponders aloud. "You know, maybe we don't have to kill you. We'll just lock you in a giant tank or something to contain your poison and feed you through a tube. How's that for a fate worse than death?"

Missing the mythological reference, Sun Wukong doesn't quite get what Paramour is searching for in the skies above; as far as she's concerned, there's no reason this monster couldn't be responsible for the hurricane as well.
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Paramour

Failing to see any evidence of the unaccounted for person, Paramour turns her attention to the serpent-beast on the prow. "Where's your boyfriend, snake-hips? Where are you hiding your number one eye candy?"

Oh yeah. We gonna have us a fight. Initiative (1d20+4=22)
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Amaterasu

The young travel writer continues to look at the strange woman/snake on the deck of the ship. Whether or not she was truly evil or simply neutral was yet to be determined. After all, a snake biting someone who gets too close is not evil in nature, just acting to defend itself.

Paramour seems to think there is another being nearby that is responsible for the storm. It was a definite possibility since nearly every culture has a god or goddess of the sky and storms.

"What is your intention here? This is not your normal realm of operations so what is your purpose in being here?" she asked the woman.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby baixiwei » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:07 pm

GM Post

Amaterasu wrote:"What is your intention here? This is not your normal realm of operations so what is your purpose in being here?"


The half-snake, half-woman sneers at this. "My intention? To live. To taste life. ... My normal realm? This IS my realm now. OURS." This last ambiguous comment might be supposed to refer to the woman together with some compatriot of hers - but the group somehow feels that the word "OURS", its final 's' drawn out with serpentine sibillance, encompasses all of them as well.

"And there is only one destiny for our kind in this brave new world." Her eyes gleam with a threatening, poisonous light. The air around the ship seems to darken a little, and distant sounds become muted, as if the world is holding its breath in anticipation.

Then a massive bolt of lightning splits the sky, and almost in unison with the attendant, deafening peal of thunder, she screams "WAR AND DEATH!", lunging towards you with her talons outstretched.

OOC wrote:Threatening comments were made, so ... sorry to Amaterasu, but the time for dialogue is past. Amaterasu please roll initiative, and everyone please post actions in whatever order.

Anyone Fatigued can roll at this point to try to shake it off. Also, everyone take 1 HP just for being in this fight. Here's the init order:

  • 22 Paramour
  • 21 Sun Wukong
  • 17 Echidna
  • 11 Thor
  • 9 Legba
  • 6 (really!?) Someone Else
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4839
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am

Paramour
HP:3 L:3/5 -2

The repulsive monster incarnation leaped to attack with her claws out. She would come to learn, that Venus was the Original Mean Girl -she was born with claws out; and Paramour was Venus incarnate.

With one quick move, Paramour lifts a foot and stomps down on the deck. Echoing her movements, a foot clad in gladiator-style sandal, comes down from the sky above. The foot is dainty in proportion but colossal in size, and it tries to stomp down on Echidna.
Create as an Area Damage. DC20 Dodge for Echidna, and DC25 Toughness. Just to make things nasty, I'm going to impose Poor Luck on both Saves.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Incarnation (IC Thread)

Postby Ysariel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:50 am

Sun Wukong / Vicky
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 1

As the serpent-woman leaped to attack, Vicky yanked off her hairtie and reached for another strand of hair. Unfortunately, there was only so much loose hair on one's head, and she ended up having to yank one strand out. "Ow," she muttered as she blew on it and it vanished in a puff of smoke. "Get ready for a severe beating," she threatened as innumerable clones burst into existence --

Sun Wukong paused, then blinked. The deck of the ship was not, in fact, covered with hundreds of Vicky clones, probably a good thing since Paramour's gigantic divine foot of bug-squashing appeared in the sky a moment later. Sun Wukong looked around and found herself staring at exactly one other duplicate of herself, who looked equally bewildered. "Why is there only one of you?" she asked. In the stories, Sun Wukong was infamous for overrunning everything - including the Celestial Army - with duplicates of himself.

The clone shrugged helplessly. "How much do you expect to get out of one strand of hair? And do you even know how much hair a monkey has?"

"I have a bad feeling about this," she muttered as the deck shook under the impact of Venus' attack.

Sun Wukong uses her Flawless Duplication power, summoning a duplicate of herself with all traits/powers at half ranks.

What do I roll to remove fatigue? I couldn't find any rules for it in the rulebook, it just says characters recover after an hour's rest. :)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adventure Dan, Google [Bot], Neo-Paladin, Omnipotent Being, whiteprofit and 6 guests