Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full) *Finished*

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Gazman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Spartan
HP: 0 Condition: -1 to Damage Saves

Spartan poses for a moment, leaning over towards Marble Knight with one giant mitt cups around his ear. He makes an exaggerated face of shock, "Gasp. What was that, JD? That s*** sounded almost naughty."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Marble Knight

The stone actually reddens in response to the Knight's embarrasment. He quietly retreats to the back of the room.

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SDarkshine » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Déjè
HP: 1
Condition: Fine - Victory for the Team!!

Finally, it's over...

Déjè 'turned off' her concealment and illusions, certain that her teammates finally defeated Dr. Zero (and probably surprising Dr. Zero a bit with her sudden appearance behind him - or not, since she taunted him before).

She became 'visible' just as Marble Knight finished checking over the earthen restraints on the mad villain; saying nothing for a moment as the majority of the group gave their say. Boys will be boys, she mused.

Then again, she didn't expect Marble Knight to give out his say so...colorfully. She turned her head to the side, pretending that she didn't hear him.

No sooner after Marble Knight moved away, Déjè casually stared at the doctor. "What I said earlier...I sincerely hope you keep that in mind as you serve your penance."

And with that, she walked away from Dr. Zero (leaving him to his traumatized thoughts) towards the satelite. She hadn't forgotten how her earlier illusion of herself couldn't 'lift"'the technology up, and examined it a bit, considering how she could have done better.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds

Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 am

GM Post

Li Pan Yuan bows to L'Char, before turning and bowing to the remainder of the Saints. He begins to roll down his sleeves as he walks back to where he discarded his gi. "In many meetings with you Saints, I think we would have come to battle, but, I am a warrior and it is my nature to seek conflict. Today, I am content that we are both victors, another day we may find ourselves honourable opponents." He dons the black gi and begins tying the sash.

Meanwhile Dr. Zero struggles into a sitting position. He seems reasonably hampered by the restraints placed on him by Marble Knight. He lets out another weak cough, clearly no longer in a position to threaten you young heroes. "I can no longer be separated from my exoskeleton without killing me, young fool. Although, given my deplorable circumstances that does not seem like an unattractive proposition." His pomposity is about shot, and his rather short monologue is cut short by a burst of wheezy coughs.

Your communicators spark to life. "Guys? Things got quiet... are you about ready for transport home?" It's Zorro, waiting nearby in the Cherub.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 am

L'Char
HP 1

L'Char ignores the vulgarity his comrades show in victory. After all every now and then a warrior must let loose some emotion at resultant win of a battle well fought. Still that's no reason to kill the man. "Matrix can you reconnect him but override his ability to do anything with it? The exo could serve as strong a prison as our valiant knight's restraints."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:05 am

Marble Knight
CND:Fatigued and embarassed

JD clears his throat, once more adopting a higher speech. "Zorro, prithee, call the authorities to this location with a large prisoner transport vessel and another conveyance for large cargo. We can stay on hand if they need help loading either."

I don't think the doctor has been removed from his suit, Matrix just threatened to do so.

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SDarkshine » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Déjè
Condition: Fine - In conclusion...

After looking over the satellite for a moment - examining its details as well as what she could do the next time she needed her 'clone' to lift heavy objects - she swiveled around, facing her teammates and Dr. Zero.

"Once we've secured prisoner and satellite, we will be pretty much ready for home." she voiced over to Zorro. Making sure not to mention Notley or Jessica in front of the villain, she concluded, "I'm sure HQ would want details on this..."

Glancing at the satellite once more, Déjè let out a subtle sigh. "Technically, it was convenient that he wasn't able to launch this in the first place..."
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Wildfire

Wildfire shook his head at the boasts and taunts of his teammates towards the defeated Dr. Zero. He had no desire to humiliate the defeated villain.

"Doctor Zero, you will probably not accept my advice but I will give it to you anyway. You should take your intellect and use it for the benefit of mankind. Just think of all the good you could do if you used your intellect to help people instead of trying to hurt people."

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SDarkshine » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

Déjè
Condition: Fine

Déjè glanced at Wildfire with curiosity. She was going to say something or add to his comment but decided not to. She recalled the many times she heard any give superhero make such a statement - mixed results happen. Some more...stable villains take their time considering the advice before 'tunring over a new leaf', while others - not so stable - either denounce the advice or 'twist' it for their own ends.

Looking at Dr. Zero's current state for a moment - and recalling that suicidal incident he attempted in his early 'career' - Déjè somewhat felt that he would probably go for the VERY latter or have difficulty being accepted. But, being a superhero, she didn't say anything and kept her peace.

Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 pm

GM Post

Although he glares at Wildfire, Dr. Zero keeps his counsel.
...meanwhile, Li Pan has finished tying his sash, and quietly leaves the scene.

Very shortly, the Cherub sets down outside. Not too long after that, an assortment of law enforcement support is pulling up in a motley collection of vehicles. Some engineers from Alarcom also arrived to oversee the handling of the satellite. The police are taking it into custody as evidence for now, but the technical people are there to assist with the safe handling.

It isn't too long before the nemesis, Dr. Zero is carefully carted away, as well as the potentially devastating satellite. Not long after that, the Saints are able to board the Cherub and take off into the sky. The only action remaining on the scene is a forensic team taping off and photographing the battle scene.

Back at the Saint's Sanctum, the team disembarks from the Cherub, with Zoran giving them all a jaunty salute in recognition of a job well done. Agent Notley intercepts the team, and tries to sequester them for debriefing... but he is interrupted by Constable Jen, who is full of exuberance and congratulations. After repeated interruptions, Stephen calls it quits, and the Saints are free to enjoy their hard-won victory. Some members of the team who took some heavy hits from Dr. Zero are seen to by the team Medic.

The following day, the Saints have made it to the front page of the Edmonton Journal, the article written by news institution Fish Griwkowski is almost entirely positive. A brief quote by Edmonton Mayor Stephen Mandel also praises the Saints Initiative. It looks like the team is well under way to fulfilling their mandate.

That is just beautiful. My spirit is well with you.

d

These were Darren's last words to me, on the topic of this specific game. I feel that we have undertaken the task that I set forth to undertake, and the results are to my liking.

Thank you all for taking this journey with me.
~F

Return to “M&M Game Room”