Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full) *Finished*

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Marble Knight
hp 3, 2 now

"And as it has not been said yet, by my status as a Canadian Mountie, you are under arrest!" JD concentrates and tries to encase the sinister cyborg in a solid stone shell.

Attack (1d20+6=14) hp reroll
hp attack (1d20+6=14) so a 24
DC 16 dodge to avoid
Using the trap function of Create. If he fails he'll just be in a shell, still able to try to break out. the stone shell has +6 toughness
Last edited by flynnarrel on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 am

WIldfire

Wildfire, tired of hearing Dr. Zero talk, decided to try to shut him up.
Taking a few steps towards the raving lunatic, he lashes out with a fiery fist.

"Will you just please shut up already!"

Flaming fist attack (STR based damage) = 1d20+6=23 DC21 if that hits.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby SDarkshine » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Déjè
HP: 1
Condition: Dazed – Covering for Teammates

Déjè, still invisible, noticed some of her teammates' actions. Going through the motion, she had her illusions of L'Char and Wildfire provide cover and support. She had both of them flinging 'cosmic javelins' and 'fireballs' at both sides of Dr. Zero, attempting to keep him in place so that Marble Knight can encase him, providing a great opportunity for the real Wildfire to get a good punch on the mad 'doctor'. The 'sounds' of these projectiles should keep Dr. Zero wary of moving about.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 pm

L'Char
HP 3

L'Char concentrates on smashing the same spot as Spartan hoping to crack through the force field.

Power attack, Finishing Attack
Attack Roll1d20=20 DC 32
Do I get to double crit? If so I'd go for weaken protection with the idea being he's using his abilities with cosmic energy to absorb the field's energy.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:19 pm

GM Post

Spartan does his best to tee-off against the Zero Sun Device, and he can feel his fierce fists sliding off the forcefield around the malevolent computer. When L'Char follows up, his strike hammers the precise spot Spartan had already stretched with his attack. The forcefield parts like water, and L'Char connects with the device. The structure of the Zero Sun Device crumples, and a particularly important looking conduit tears free. Blue electric sparks spray up for a second, before the device shorts out and begins to smoke.

Matrix is on his hoverboard, practically at the epicenter of the Zero Sum Device's aura of melancholy. The purple lights wash over him, but his youthful enthusiasm sees him through the debilitating effects. "All the Radio Shacks are closed, fossil," he quips and fires a blast from his Electrical Augmenter, unfortunately the spark flies wide.

Wildfire's fists hammer into Dr. Zero, the impact creates a pair of heavy thuds, and the cyborg's metal frame is wreathed in flame, but he seems unhindered by this. So to, is he unhindered by the enveloping stone Marble Knight sends at him. He pushes aside the stone sheet and steps over the unformed rubble.

Deje keeps up the appearance of twin dopplegangers of the Saints, and summons new illusory clones of the illusions that had been lost or disbelieved. Dr. Zero notes the seeming multiplication of his foes, and his eyes dart about, calculating.

Spartan misses, L'Char crits. The device is essentially a Minion -it can't save against that damage.

NPC: Dodge for Matrix (1d20+5=16) NPC: Matrix Will Save (1d20+7=26) Unaffected. NPC: Matrix Blast Attack (1d20+6=10)

Wildfire hits; Dr. Zero, Toughness vs. Wildfire (1d20+10=25) Dr. Zero saves. There should have been a -1 on that. Will roll his save vs. the Secondary effect in the next post.

Dr. Zero; dodge vs. Marble Knight's create (1d20+10=23)
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 pm

GM Post
Dr. Zero is still at -1, still has 2 VP, but his Zero Sum Device has been destroyed.

"My Equation! You insolent meddlers! You..." Dr. Zero points a finger at Spartan and Spartan. A panel on his forearm opens and what is clearly a weapon snaps out. He unleashes a stream of purple blasts at the two Heroes. The beam is deadly accurate, turning Spartan into a cloud of vapour, and peppering L'Char with deadly energy bolts.
...fortunately, the real Spartan was standing on the other side of L'Char.

"Enough of this!! You can come out and help at any time!" Under his armour, Dr. Zero is an old man... but that's not why he's leaning against his throne. He thumbs a button on the armrest, and a more visible Forcefield springs into place separating the Saints from the sinner. Clearly he is addressing someone, and his voice has a definitely sarcastic tone.

There is a faint click as someone turns on a light switch, in the next room the kitchen light comes on. A dark shadow is cast in the door as a figure moves through it on soundless feet. The man who enters, regards the Saints attacking Dr. Zero critically, as he removes and tosses aside his heavy grey cloak. Underneath he is wearing traditional Aikido garb. He goes on to remove his jacket, and is left in only hakima and a pair of studded cestus. His arms are heavily tattooed with Dragons in the oriental style. "I was lead to believe that Zanshin would be here."

You vaguely recall that Zanshin was a martial artist from California that was interested in joining the Saints, but wanderlust claimed him before a position opened for him.

Safe behind his Forcefield, Dr. Zero recovers from the assault upon his person, and laments the destruction of his device.
Dr. Zero targeting Spartan & Wildfire. 11 or more is the Illusion. (1d20=17, 1d20=9) Dr. Zero, multi-attack blast; -2 for "walking" (1d20+10=28) That will hit, destroying the illusion of Spartan and hitting L'Char. DC25 save.

Save vs. Wildfire Secondary Effect (-1) (1d20+10=24) He puts out the fire.

The Forcefield can be attacked like an Object, it has no Defense to speak of.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Spartan
HP: 1 Condition: Fine

Spartan straightens up from his extended swing and nods at his alien team mate. "Nice one, L'Char!" As his illusory double goes poof, he adds "You too, babe! to Deje.

The boisterous bruiser notes the entry of Dr. Zero's martial artist ally, but keeps his attention (such as it is) on the main villain. He squints glowing field separating him from Zero "Hiding behind a wall and a widdle helper. You really are the lamest super villain ever." The hero tosses off his word and hay maker punch simultaneously.

Move action is taunt the Doc at -5
Taunt (1d20+5=17)
Standard is Power Attack/Finishing Attack the new force field
Attack (1d20+1=5) DC 31
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 pm

L'Char
HP 3 Status Bruised

The beam slams into L'Char and for a moment the agony is unbearable, but then thoughts of duty power him through the pain. Turning to the martial artist his form crackles with barely restrained cosmic energy. "You do not want to be here little man." he growls as a spear overflowing with energy appears in his hand.

Toughness Check 1d20+8=24
Intimidation to coerce the martial artist as move action (-5 already figured) 1d20+7=27
Last edited by sweetja713 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Marble Knight
HP 2

"Zanshin moved on some months back, we have no quarrel with you, unarmed fighter. Forstall assisting this oathbreaking mechanized fiend and we will tell you Zanshin's last known whereabouts. He struck me as an honorable fighter who would welcome your challenge to a duel. Whereas Dr. Zero has already tried to kill mercenaries in his ploy once already this day. He would show you no more consideration."

Persuasion (1d20+4=18) if I get +2 from Dr. Zero trying to kill his underlings (or offering Zanshin's whereabouts) then 20. Now sure what that'll get me if anything, but It's what JD would do. Thas my action.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SDarkshine » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:10 am

Déjè
HP: 1
Condition: Dazed – Considering Sneak Attack

Wha...how did we miss him?

Déjè stood perfectly quiet as the 'newcomer' entered, pretty much walking past her, as she was still 'invisible'. Her illusion 'twin', who just finished responding to Spartan with a wink and a thumb-up, now focused on the current intrusion, as 'she' was standing nearby him. 'Her' arms extended a bit again, imitating a metamorph preparing to strike at a moment's notice. However, following Marble Knight's lead, 'she' held back a little.

"He's telling thr truth about the mercenaries. We found cylinder bombs lining the money-filled safe this 'doctor' promised them. He could have killed them to cover his tracks. If he was willing to do that to them...what do you think he could try to do to you? His devices...you do know what they are capable of doing against people...why would you join in such an awful plot? More than that...how do you know that he won't turn them upon you?"

Persuasion Roll: 1d20+5=14
Umm...not too bad...

Meanwhile, the real Déjè, keeping her remaining illusions prepped, faintly recalled the former martial arts ally of theirs...
Last edited by SDarkshine on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Wildfire

Wildfire considers several courses of action for a moment before deciding to hold his attack on the newcomer.

"Dr. Zero has already proven himself to be dishonorable and untrustworthy. He was willing and ready to blow up his former henchmen, the ones who helped him steal the satellite. Do you really want to do the dirty work of a man such as Dr. Zero?" he adds to his teammates comments.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby roguescribner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:46 am

Matrix
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

Matrix decided to ignore the new arrival, as many of his teammates were now focusing their attention on him. Instead, he targeted the fancy force field that now surrounded Dr. Zero and blasted an arc of electricity at it. "Your distractions won't distract me, Dr. Zero!" Matrix yelled. "Time to overload your circuits!"

OOC wrote:Attacking force field with Blaster and multi-attack against single target.

1d20+6=14
HP reroll:
1d20+6=11 +10 = 21
So that's 3 degrees of success, making the damage DC 21 + 5 = DC 26.
That should hopefully put an end to the force field.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:43 pm

GM Post

The newcomer does a slow, 360 turn, before walking into the room. He glances at Dr. Zero with no apparent emotion. "I am Li Pan. I'm a warrior, not a mercenary. I was lead here on false pretenses. I may depart." Li Pan looks straight at L'Char before continuing. "I may yet become involved in this conflict. I have not decided."
Li Pan Yuan is Fearless, so an intimidation check against him will fail. Since you crit your roll, I'm going to rule that he sees L'Char as a worthy adversary -which is kind of a good thing in his worldview.
I'm taking Deje's roll, and applying it to Marble Knights as an Aid... pushing Marble Knight's roll up to a 20. That will raise Li Pan's attitude from Unfriendly to Neutral.
Also... when he turned around the only thing of note behind him was (concealed) Deje. Just saying.

Meanwhile, Spartan misjudges the depth of the forcefield, and his fist slides up along it, instead of hitting it square on. Matrix takes aim and pummels the field with a arcs of lightning sparks, to no apparent effect.
Spartan missed. I believe Matrix's multi-attack actually has a DC31 damage. Forcefield Save vs. Matrix DC31 (1d20+15=32) I hadn't... quite... intended for that field to be completely undamaged after round one... but sometimes the dice hate you... and by you, I don't mean me, I mean you.

Safe behind his field, Dr. Zero briefly laughs at the heroes failure to harm his shield.

"Ha! Ha ha!" -much like that.

Then, Dr. Zero reaches a hand imploringly towards Li Pan. "If Zanshin isn't here, it is not my fault! Blame these pawns of the Imperialistic West! Aid my Just Cause... just 'cause!"
I'm invoking Dr. Zero's "Pompous Ass" Complication. He's going to gain a Villain Point for this... he should know better than to try to persuade! Dr. Zero's Persuasion (1d20+4=6) That's at least two degrees of failure... Li Pan goes from Neutral to Hostile. Li Pan's Initiative (1d20+7=11)

Li Pan's eyes narrow. "I believe I have come to a decision." He bows to Dr. Zero, one hand over a closed fist, indicating they are now in conflict.

"Oh for... Dammit! What kind of willing dupe are you?!?" The Doctor clenches his metal fists in a rage. "Fie! Fie upon your Treachery! An Evil Genius never runs out of Dirty Tricks!"

Dr. Zero presses a finger to his chest panel, and a series of 4 tiny LEDs come alive, and then a second set directly below also light up. A moment later, the wooden crates in the room burst open, filling the room with wooden shrapnel. In each of the crates, there is a hunch-backed, bipedal combat droid in each of the boxes. There were eight of them.
The "wooden shrapnel" is just a descriptor, it isn't a hazard.
Dr. Zero 29
Spartan 28
Marble Knight 25
Deje 18
Wildfire 15
Matrix 14
Li Pan Yuan 11
L'Char 9
Com-Bot Initiative (1d20+0=2)
This is a new round! Dr. Zero is done for the round.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gazman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Spartan
HP: 1 Condition: Fine

"Stupid tech crap." Spartan is muttering to himself as he reassess the force field. He closes one eye, sticks his tongue out, and slams his beefy fist directly into the shield's shimmering outline. The big man cracks a smile at the satisfying hit before glancing around and spotting the new robotic threats. "More tinker toy BS to hide behind? Fight your own battles, you old fart!"

Gonna try power attacking with a routine check of 11. DC 26.
Move action to continue running at the mouth. Demoralize -5 Taunt (1d20+5=7)
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Marble Knight
hp2

"Whoever excels at routing lesser foes*, see to the mechanized minions." JD gestures getting yet another use from the stone wheel as he raises it up high and smashes it down on the force field.

* translation: Takedown attack

Strong attack and reckless attack, -2 to defenses, +2DC
attack (1d20+6=18) 21+5+2 = DC 28
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room