Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full) *Finished*

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby SDarkshine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Déjè
HP: 1 (After further adjustments from GM)
Condition: Fine – Concerned about the True Vision

That feeling felt earlier…that flash…was still embedded in Déjè’s mind.

Bonne-Maman…the Fool…what are you trying to tell me? That card…

...neither good or bad…but…

Some ‘motion’, as she understood, is in play here. And unless she – or someone else – does something to change that, it may lead to…

She had a bad feeling about this.

Going forward with my action, thanks to here, here, and here.

Déjè made haste with her decision.

She signaled for her group to keep quiet and cover their commlinks. As soon as everyone did, she nodded towards Marble Knight. “Good idea earlier.”

Before anyone on the team inquired what she meant, Déjè briefed them. She planned to create a –what could be considered complex – illusion. She would make her group invisible, BUT at the same time, she would create a duplicate of each one of her teammates in their place. The idea was that the illusion of their group will ‘walk’ ahead of the actual group while they walk behind them, invisible. Anything they say will be mouthed by the illusion.
“After his monologue, he might try to do something to us. If he attacks the illusion, it may give us enough time to strike back, provided that he does not see through this false image. Be careful though..” she paused for a second, slightly embarrassed to say the next sentence. "The only way that we can pull this off is if everyone holds on to me. If you let go, you won't be invisible anymore."

Déjè, deep down, hoped that this plan will help alter the course of…whatever is going on here.

Just to keep this Dr. Zero 'busy', she added to Marble Knight’s comment.

“It’s also a potential trap that you may attempt to attack us during your ‘monologue’. How do we know you will stay with it to the end?”
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 am

Marble Knight

Deje will feel JD's heavy stony hand placed lightly, but firmly on her shoulder as if ready to pull her back at a moment's notice of danger.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 am

Spartan
HP: 2 Condition: Fine

Spartan has been messing around with his spear, snapping it through forms and drills while his team mates debate their entry. At the unseen voice's "timid" crack he grits his teeth and begins whipping his weapon around ever faster. Now the Saints are discussing how to sneak into the house safely and huddling up behind Deje's illusory veil. Spartan spits to the side and walks past the group to the door. He looks the already open door up and down and then gives it a solid kick, sending it flying off past Marble Knight's wheel. "Enough of this chickens*** BS!" The big man strides into the front hall and throws his arms out to the sides and his head back. "I'm right here, Doc! Come at me, bro."

Spartan has 0 Perception and no chance to see anything.
He does have Uncanny Dodge and Improved Defense, so he's capable of defending himself even while ridiculously posturing.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:05 pm

GM Post

Spartan doesn't specifically have an impulsive Complication. To my way of thinking though, a Complication is what happens when you play your character to his personality, even when it isn't in his best interests. To me, this feels like "Classic Spartan Behaviour" and it's not in his best interests. Score a Hero Point, Gazman.

Spartan
Once inside the house, you can see Marble Knight's stone wheel lying in the wreckage of the door you kicked in and the closet door across from you. There is a half-flight of stairs off to your left that opens into a dark hallway. A matching set of stairs to your right that opens up into what you know to be the living room. The purple glow is coming from there.

"Ha ha ha haaaaaa!"

When the mocking laughter rings out, you find yourself charging up the stairs and into the living room.

Deje, L'Char, Marble Knight, Matrix, Wildfire
Quickly scrambling into position, everyone places a hand on Deje, and starts into the house. The illusionary Saints are only a few steps behind Spartan, although their actual counterparts are moving slow and keeping formation. The stairs make things tricky for you. By the time you are half up the short landing, you have a decent sight into the living room.

Laid along the wall, below the window you can see the satellite. It is resting on a trio of metal stands and draped in a clear plastic sheet. It is dark and doesn't appear to be doing anything. There are a few wooden crates in the room, at a glance you'd say they're 4' cubes. The living room meets the dining room in an L-shape, and there is a short one-step dais separating the two. Spartan has stopped at the end of the living room, and turned to face the dais. Shuffling as quickly as possible, the rest of the Saints move to one side, so they can see into the dining room.

Dr. Zero
On the raised dais in the dining room sits what can only be described as a throne. It's a huge chair with a sprawling base. Sitting in the chair must be your nemesis, Dr. Zero! His body seems entirely metal; some of it is cyborg and some of it is armour. The metal is a dark purple alloy. The face that regards Spartan, as well as the illusory Saints that are now flanking him is a human one.
Dr. Zero

To Dr. Zero's left sits some sort of computer (?). The monitor is supported by an very intricate, and probably (hopefully) non-functional array of structures, cables and lights. Most of the parts seem to plug into a large, metal egg-shaped base. The monitor is tilted towards you and you can clearly see it is working at a rapid pace. The screen shows a mathematical equation of fantastical complexity. As it works through proofs the amount of text on the screen becomes smaller in amount, but larger in font, until only a large zero remains. It is when the equation reaches its terminal point that L'Char's sense of Cosmic Wrongness twinges. The font of the equation is purple, and it is this device that is providing the dim light in the room.

There is a dramatic pause as you take in the mad Doctor, and he in turn takes your measure. And then he begins.
"Well then, Cretins. As you can see I have my Zero Sum Equation." He gestures towards the odd computer.
"I also have a satellite capable of transmitting my Zero Sum Equation to every electronically receptive device in the World." with his other hand, he indicates the satellite that you tracked him here to recover.
"Hmm." He rests his hands on the armrests of his throne, and briefly taps one impatient finger.
"What appears to be missing here, is a rocket capable of launching my Satellite into Orbit where it could transmit my Equation.
He leans back in his chair, and spreads his arms wide in apparent dismay. "I paid good money for a rocket, and there is no rocket. Screwed again, by greedy incompetents. How sad..."

"...but executing all of you will provide fleeting relief to my melancholia."
Dr. Zero's Initiative (1d20+5=7)
Roll your initiative please, but do not post your actions just yet.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby roguescribner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Matrix
HP: 3
Condition: Fine

OOC wrote:initiative (1d20+7=14)
Do I burn a hero point on initiative? Eeeehhhh... no. :)
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby SDarkshine » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Déjè
HP: 1
Condition: Fine - Annoyed by Spartan and Dr. Zero

Initiative Roll: 1d20+1=18
Ufufufufufufu....I hope this is worth it...
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Marble Knight

init (1d20+6=25)

oh, I'm gonna miss that 19 later
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Wildfire

Initiative = 1d20+6=15
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Gazman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Spartan
HP: 3 Condition:Fine

Initiative (1d20+8=28)
I think the die also thinks this is how Spartan is supposed to work.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 pm

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

GM Post
Initiative Order:
Dr. Zero 29
Spartan 28
Marble Knight 25
Deje 18
Wildfire 15
Matrix 14
L'Char 9
Dr. Zero burns one of his Villain Points to Seize Initiative. In the interests of Transparency, I'll let you know that he had 3 of them; one base, one awarded for Villainous Monologue, and one for the Complication that his hired supervillain team failed to bring him a rocket (that would be Broadzilla and her mangy crew of miscreants).

After pronouncing his intention to execute the Saints, Dr. Zero springs to his feet and postures villainously. One hand is defiantly raised, and the other... is pressing a key on his computer. The egg-shaped base of the electronic device slides open smoothly, and more purple light pours out, bathing the room in a strobing light. "Feel the power of my Zero Sum Equation, heroes! You're going to wish you were Dead!"

"...literally. Hahahahhaha!!!!"
T'is an Area Cone, Will Based Affliction. The Dodge DC is 20; however everyone but Spartan can claim a +2 Circumstance bonus to your Dodge Roll. The DC of the effect is 20, or 15 if you make your Dodge. The stages are: Dazed/Compelled/Incapacitated. The descriptor is Crushing Despair, if your character is Compelled, the Compulsion is to Self Harm. Totally not legal for a Heroic character, but Dr. Zero doesn't play by your rules.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Wildfire

Dodge = 1d20+6+2=22 Will Save = 1d20+6=17
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:12 pm

L'Char
HP 3 Condition Dazed

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Matrix
HP: 3
Condition: Fine

OOC wrote:Dodge with +2 circumstance bonus: 1d20+7=26
Will save: 1d20+7=16
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Marble Knight
hp 2
cnd: fine

Instinctively he puts up his shield, which does no good whatsoever. Fortunately, he is just that resolute in combatting evil.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room