Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full) *Finished*

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 am

Marble Knight

Perception 1 (1d20+10=25)
Perception 2 (1d20+10=22)
Tremorsense would apply to the second per roll I think


"Yeah, I thought trap." JD says with resignation.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 am

GM Post
Well, "something" opened the door. Something that may or may not have been hanging around in the pantry when Marble Knight and Deje flew past there.
Stealth Check (1d20+14=21, 1d20+14=34)
First check is vs. Marble Knight and Deje specifically.
This person or thing is also getting a +5 bonus for Concealment and Darkness. Drop that to a +2 if you can ignore either Concealment or Darkness... and to +0 if you could ignore both.
Marble Knight's tremor sense does ignore both darkness and concealment... but Natural 20 on the stealth.

I debated even calling for a roll on this one, because I didn't think anyone would be able to beat the numbers, and that was before I rolled the dice on it.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby roguescribner » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Matrix
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

"See?" Matrix beamed. "Ring the bell. Get a response. Now let's pop this disembodied blowhard and go home, eh."

OOC wrote:Perception: 1d20+7=14
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
User avatar
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Marble Knight
hp1lp1

"Follow the plan." Wordlessly he gestures to Deje. Someone had brought up the idea of have an illusory breach. It was a good one.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby SDarkshine » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:54 am

Déjè
HP: 1 (Used them for rolling checks...drat)
Condition: Fine - Slightly Wigging Out

Déjè - who was slightly spooked not only by the ghostly purple light she saw earlier, but by this person or thing that intercepted their communicators – whispered to Marble Knight and the others, hoping that whoever is in there does not hear her.

“That plan about ‘morphing’ myself into a resident…that may work, but I think whoever is in there heard some of you already…” While not directly stating it, she meant L’Char’s battle shout earlier. “The plan is a bit compromised – we need to adjust it.”

She peered into the darkness, hoping that whatever she could see was not as haunting as the voice.

Dang, my rolls were horrible, I thought that using my HP would help, but alas…
First Two Rolls for Perception:
1d20+5=7
1d20+5=9
So...using two HP, I try again...
1d20+5=14
1d20+5=25
...
Yeah...maybe against one, but not the other...
Also, I had Visual Senses Counter Illusions, which would allow me to succeed on your resistance check against illusions on visual, but I'm not sure that whoever or whatever this is is using any illusions...
...zoinks.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
User avatar
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:01 am

Marble Knight
hp1lp1

JD leans in to whisper to his collegues. "I thought you were going to make duplicates of all of us and have those breach... or was that 2 plans ago; hard to keep track." JD shrugs.

"I guess there's nothin' for it." He walks up to the door.

He forms a cylinder like a giant stone cheese wheel on it's narrow side. With a heave, he rolls it into the open door and steps to take cover, expecting the rolling stone to check for tripwires and pressure plate traps or motion sensors.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 am

GM Post

Deje
While riding with Marble Knight around the house, you briefly felt a tingling along the nape of your neck. You saw nothing, and yet... You get a flash, a weathered hand, brown as chestnuts turning a card from a deck. The hand, although you cannot see clearly, surely belongs to Bonne-Maman. The card laid, is The Fool, and his eyes are turned away from you.
I'm going to return both of those Hero Points; you couldn't have beat either roll, even with 20s. Having a better notion of how/what the door opened is probably not worth a Hero Point anyways -you guys are already expecting shenanigans.

However, I am stealing one of your HP for an Inspiration. Deje has some Gypsy on her father's side, and this is a True Vision. The Fool represents a force in motion that is neither (necessarily) good or bad. At the moment, The Fool is on a path that does not lead in your favour, but that is not irrevocable.

There is a Wild Card on the table.


L'Char
You are prepared for battle, conflict is imminent and your senses are keyed up. You can easily see marks in the pavement that indicate the passage of relentless metal boots -a heavy person probably carrying several hundred pounds at a time. You estimate that the boot-wearer passed back and forth somewhere between 6 and 10 times.

You can hear a pulsing sound that is at a register you know humans can't hear. The rhythm is in sync with a tremor you can sense at a cosmic level. The sensation makes you want to grind your teeth. This Dr. Zero is messing with forces that should not be messed with.
Tracking, Ultra-hearing, Cosmic Awareness.
The Phantom Doorman, however, is stealthier than you are perceptive.


Marble Knight
Your wheel of stone totters into the house, and you can hear what is surely a closet door rattle on its hinges. The wheel comes to an abrupt stop -there is a short set of stairs leading up from the front hall into the living room. After a moment, it falls over with a whomp. Nothing happens.

All
Your communicators spark to life again.

"You can throw your stones, or your cheese wheels at the house all night for all of me. It's not my house. I don't care."

"I must say, as heroes go, I've never encountered such a timid lot. If you don't join me soon, I shall monologue without you."
I have a very specific voice in mind, and I share it with you here
Last edited by Lord Fell on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby roguescribner » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Matrix
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

"This doc sounds like a quack to me!" Matrix barked. "Come out, come out, whoever you are... jerko." The teen hero circled round to the front of the house as he concentrated on the interior. Hopefully, something of interest would soon catch his eye.

OOC wrote:Using machine control (DC 16 will) to activate the interior security system. The hope is that whatever is on the inside will trigger the alarm and go crazy, letting its guard down momentarily. Assuming there's actually something on the inside...
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
User avatar
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Wildfire

"As villains go, at least this one is entertaining. I think we should take him up on his offer."

He took a moment to look around the area from where he was standing with the team. There was clearly nothing outside of interest.

"We haven't found anything out here, we might as well just go in." he suggested.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Marble Knight

"Care is never a waste." JD says into his comm reproachfully.

"And it's a great potential trap that you may not even be in there for."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby SDarkshine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:38 am

Déjè
HP: 2 (After adjustments from GM)
Condition: Fine – Concerned about the True Vision

Post moved for flow of thread
Last edited by SDarkshine on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
User avatar
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 am

L'Char
HP 3
Status: Pissed

L'Char holds up a hand to caution the Saints before they move in. "Something is wrong, he's already using the machinery for something, something that could disturb the whole cosmic balance. He's been back and forth to the truck and is heavy. Most likely the villain is wearing heavy battle armor or is more cyborg than we were led to believe. Matrix stay in reserve, you're ability to control machines may be the only hope we have."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby CaptainChaos » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 am

Wildfire

"Before we rush in, give me a moment to scan the house for heat signatures. It might give us some information on how many people are inside." he suggests.

Wildfire will use Infravision to look for heat signatures in the house.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby roguescribner » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Matrix
HP: 3
Condition: Fine

"Fine, let's do things the boring way..." Matrix gathered with the group, riding his hoverboard mournfully to the front of the house.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
User avatar
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby CaptainChaos » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Wildfire

After attempting to scan the interior of the house, he returns to the rest of the team.

"This house is very well insulated. I'm having trouble seeing any heat signatures through the walls."
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests