Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full) *Finished*

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Wildfire

"Since someone else other than Dr. Zero owns this house, we should try not to damage it. Unless, of course, someone can afford to have it fixed or rebuilt? A polite knock may not be the best solution since Dr. Zero is unlikely to answer the door. Sneaking around the outside of the house and trying to peek in the windows might not be a bad idea though." he suggested.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Gazman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Spartan
HP: 2 Condition: Fine

Spartan is lounging further and further down into his seat, taking up more and more space, and appearing more and more bored. "Not real big on sneaking, man. Ain't that why we got our lovely assistant here?" Spartan makes a showy presentation of Deje. "And tech boy's spy eye power?" He hooks a thumb over at Matrix. "Just let them two get close and you'll have all the intel you need."
User avatar
Gazman
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 1503
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:55 pm
Location: Jersey

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 pm

GM Post

Zorran is tapping his controls, glancing at his scanners, and frequently at the team via the dash mirror. Finally he swivels in his seat. "I need direction. Basically I'm a sitting duck up here. You want me to shift into ground transport -pretend to be realtors? Just disembark the team?"

He glances back towards the innocent seeming home. "The longer we sit here, the longer this Dr. Zero has to decide to do something drastic."
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby SDarkshine » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 am

Déjè
HP: 3
Condition: Fine – ‘Hurry It Up with Alert Mode’

Uh-oh. If there’s one thing that Déjè learned about Zorran, it’s not to keep him waiting . He is a focused person, after all…

“We better hurry up and go. Forget the realtor plan. We need to do some ‘reconnaissance’ first to see if anyone actually lives there, even though we’ve been told that no one should be occupying this house.”

Remember what the rocket launcher merc said?
Lord Fell wrote:GM Post
We had an original staging area, at a acreage in Sherwood Park. It's up for sale, no one's living in it.

We could try to see if some innocent people are being used as a set-up, but that may not be the case. Anyhow, we definitely need to recon before we enter...


Déjè, in what would be considered ‘winging it’, blurted out her ‘finalized’ plan.

“We all disembark from the Cherub. The Cherub goes to ‘standby mode’ at a safe distance – but still close enough for any emergency. We can stick to our original group pairing or not, but with a few key ideas. Matrix and I can ‘reccon’ the house to see if there are actual people living there. Spartan and Wildfire can check out the trailer. Marble Knight and L’Char, whether we are still paired, can bodyguard their respective pair-up.”

“If we don’t see anybody inside from there, we’ll go inside – via front hall unless we make another entry point. If there are people there – innocent looking people, I’ll ‘morph’ myself to look like a resident of the neighborhood . Should that happen, umm…everyone else can keep a watch-over from outside unless I get into an urgent situation.”


Déjè took a little time to breathe after that fast-paced monologue. “We can make adjustments while we’re out and about, but like Zorro stated, we got to make our move before Dr. Zero does.”

With that, Déjè jumped out from the Cherub onto Marble Knight’s stone steed.

Hope you made room for two riders... :wink:
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
User avatar
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am

Marble Knight

JD blinks once in surprise but jumps on behind the plucky illusionist. The torso of the horse lengthens of it's own accord to accomodate the additional rider.

With that, the horse lifts off, headed for the from door.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm

L'Char
HP 3

"It's a good plan, let us be about it. I will cover you Matrix as you do your duty," L'Char says as he flies out of the Cherub waiting for Matrix to take the lead. His eyes rapidly track the ground around as he looks for hidden traps or movement that may spell danger for his comrades in arms.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby CaptainChaos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Wildfire

"Alright, let's get going."

Wildfire then flew out of the Cherub and headed for the trailer.
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Gazman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Spartan
HP: 2 Condition: Fine

As soon Wildfire nears the ground, Spartan drops from his grip and brushes himself off. "Hate being hauled around like a slab meat." The big man flexes one of his prodigious biceps. "I'm totally built to be doing the lifting."

Spartan's powerful leg muscles propel him swiftly over the ground to the parked truck. "And whatta we got here?"
User avatar
Gazman
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 1503
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:55 pm
Location: Jersey

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:50 pm

GM Post

The Cherub drops almost to the road, and hovers while the Saints disembark. Once you're all clear, Zorran snaps a salute, and begins to close the bay doors. "I'll stay close and try to monitor the situation. If things go south here, I don't know that there's any help available that can be here before tomorrow." Once you're clear, and the doors close, the Cherub banks away and jets off across the field at a low altitude.

Wildfire and Spartan
The impulsive Italian is yanking the doors open on the semi-trailer, almost before Wildfire can get into position; but Spartan has backup when the trailer opens up to reveal... nothing. You can see in the light of Wildfire's aura a bit of dust has been scuffed around, a few odd wood shims. You also see that the gravel between the back of the trailer and the pavement is disturbed, there is a definite trail of crushed down gravel between the trailer and the start of the pavement. When Wildfire flies around the whole vehicle and has a look, the cab is empty.

I have no idea what the rest of you are doing. Actions please.
Last edited by Lord Fell on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby SDarkshine » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Déjè
HP: 3
Condition: Fine – On the Move
flynnarrel wrote:Marble Knight

JD blinks once in surprise but jumps on behind the plucky illusionist. The torso of the horse lengthens of it's own accord to accomodate the additional rider.

With that, the horse lifts off, headed for the from door.

Ok, we are moving on from here...and who are you calling 'plucky', mister? :lol:

I assume that Marble Knight will be controlling the horse, so I don’t have any say on how it lands. I’ll input Déjè’s action that occurred before the horse landed.
…quite interesting how anything made of stone can fly, combating the law of physics and gravity along the way.


As the stone horse proceeded through the sky, Déjè briefly shared a notion with Marble Knight.
“Before we do anything involving the front door, I wanted to look around the house first. We can start with the front windows to see if there are any indications of people living there. Maybe…”

An idea came to her mind!

“If we could find out whether the house has any ‘earth’ in it, you can use that…what was it called…that sensing ability…the one you used on our last mission. That could be another way to find out who is in there. Also…if the house is partially ‘earth’, you could create an entrance as well when everything is clear.”

Absent-mindedly, when she said the latter as she turned to look at the earth elementalist, she placed one of her hands on his wrist-guard.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
User avatar
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Marble Knight

hp1lp1

"If I'm on the ground I can sense vibrations in the area I'm in, doesn't matter if there's Earth in there or not. I'd need to be inside the house to sense through it's foundation." Though no expression can be read from his stone helmet when Deje touches his wrist he does sit straighter for a moment as if surprised, his voice softens.

"Ahem, one look through the windows, coming up." He steers their horse around the front of the house to peek through the house.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 pm

L'Char
HP 1
Condition: Thoughtful

As he flies behind Matrix taking care to be able to guard him from any attack, L'Char questions the young man. "Friend Matrix, is there a security feed you can tap into? He continues to scan the environment quickly.

Did my perception check notice anything
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby roguescribner » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Matrix
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

"We'll soon find out, compadre," Matrix replied to L'Char as he made his landing. Itching to see some action, Matrix took no care to conceal himself as he approached the side of the house. He leaned against the corner of the house. "Knock, knock," he said, as he reached out with his mind.

OOC wrote:Using remote sensing to tap into any security system in the house and take a look around. If there is no security system that I can detect, then I'll ring the doorbell at range and wait to see who answers.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
User avatar
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 am

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 pm

GM Post

Marble Knight & Deje
The stone stallion trots through the air at an approach vector to the sprawling home -the dwelling is not quite large enough to be described as a manor. Based on the floor-plan Zorran showed you, the living and dining rooms are closest to you. There are no windows on this side, but as your marble mount circles towards the rear of the house, you can see a window on that side. There are heavy curtains drawn, but you can see a light inside -it is a ghostly purple light sneaking out from between the closed drapes. The light is static, not indicating any movement inside.

Continuing your circuit, you can see into the kitchen. Fixtures remain; stove, fridge, but it is devoid of furniture. Dim purple light from the next room -dining room or living room, illuminates the otherwise empty space. Your circuit takes you past the pantry and laundry and then the wing of bedrooms. All of those spaces are dark, and by the light of the moon or Deje's illusions you can see they are also empty.

L'Char & Matrix
The mismatched pair of Saints approaches the house unchallenged. While L'Char keeps watch, Matrix allows his mind to brush against the electronics of the home. Matrix does find a security system; it is fairly sophisticated with entry-point breakers and motion sensors, however the system is currently offline.

L'Char notes the Marble Knight and Deje completing their circuit, and Wildfire and Spartan coming up behind after investigating the trailer. All else is still and quiet.

All Saints
Gathered together again near the front of the house you can see the big picture window in the living room has drapes drawn, but there is a shimmer of purple light seeping past the fabric. Again, the light is steady -suggesting that there is nothing moving in the room.

Digging deeper into the homes electrical grid, Matrix can sense that someone has 'hacked' it, to bring electricity into the home, otherwise it would be cut off. Following the circuitry about the home, he is able to find the central chime of the doorbell, and bring a charge through the device. Distantly, all the Saints can hear a rather elaborate chiming.

After the last ringing note fades away, the double doors click and slowly swing open. Your communicators crackle to life.

"Come then. Together we shall face the End."
Can I get 2x Perception checks from Deje and Marble Knight, and just one from everyone else.
Please note any special senses your character possesses.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (IC -Full)

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:57 am

L'Char
HP 3
Condition: Wary

"The only end shall be the end of your nefarious ways villain!" shouts L'Char as the saints gather round.

1d20+10=24
Senses 5 [ Danger Sense (Mental) Cosmic Awareness, Tracking (Mental, Dimensional), Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision]
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests