Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Crinoverse: Invasion! (Battleground Earth!)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Crinoverse: Invasion! (Battleground Earth!)

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 am

Maven

Troy looks on silently. He does want to kill the beast, if for no other reason then because of what happened to Charli. Somehow, by having Xiao's face stripped him of all his anger, leaving Troy feeling empty.

He just nods to Captain Thunder as his symbiote records everything around.

And now Troy know how a Zero Zone projector is built...
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:10 am

Aum-Ra
HP: 1
Arthur Eld wrote:"That's not what being a hero means."

"Is the rest of the Chicago gang like you? If so never visit.

"In fact: stay in your mob-den and don't ruin the world for the rest of us."

"OMNI!"
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:10 am

Arthur Eld wrote:James motions to Xiao. "I know this is a hard time and all, but the Lion, is he going to get back up at some point? Cause if so, I'm okay with you, know, taking him out now. Well, not 'ok', really." He looked pale and worn-out, but there was still some fight left in James.

"I only ask cause I figure, him kind of being you and all, you might not want to do it. But if there's a way to make him stay dead, I'm all ears, and I'll do it myself, if I can."

"I don't know," Xiao says, "From what little I know of the Deathlords, our victory should have been... I beleive the term is 'seven shades' of impossible in the first place. That said, I would prefer he be allowed to pass on from undeath."

Xiao pauses, ancient memories now falling all into place

"he may have been the last sane Solar of the first age of creation, clinging to his morality as the great curse drove us mad or worse. a corruption great enough that our closest freinds plotted as the alliance did with Earth, to curb and curtail the damage we were doing. At least, that was what he thought was the plan, to stop the worst of our excesses, try to help the others. And soo the First Fearless lion became the Judas of the first age, betraying his brothers and sisters to be slaughtered in the usurpation, and the blood on our hands drove us mad, and we fouht both armies that day, a trail of death that ended as we were beheaded by our Lover, thousand Enemies, as we tore out their heart...

"It is that suffering that turned him into the First & Forsaken Lion, that which binds him to torment he has suffered for endless centuries until he became as the things he'd been Exalted to fight. This entire inasion has been the fateof all ghosts, to repeat their past in all its terrible glory.

"that is the fate I would see him freed of..."

The members of the Freedom League look among each other.

"I have a suggestion." Raven says

*Scene transition.*

Many of you have heard of the Centurion's Sanctum, but none of you have ever had the privilege of standing in this hallowed place. You are met at the doors by the fallen heroes robot doubles, who lead you to a room with a large projector like device.

The Lion, who is on his feet and his hands shackled together, is placed in front of the projector.

"This is the zero zone projector." Captain Thunder says, "It will place the Lion in an empty void which he'll never escape."

Don't even have the nerve to kill me. The Lion says, smirking.

"No, we don't do that." Thunder says, "But several good people are dead today because of you. And you will be held accountable."

I will make you wish you killed me.

Xiao had opposed this from the moment of its proposal, but without knowing the rituals, the Lion would simply return again and again to destroy everything, and this would be the only way he could be imprisoned

"I Promise you," Xiao says, "ghost of King Mu Chi Pu Chi La Gu Chi, once called First Fearless Lion, I will see you freed from your torment some day, as you freed Creation from the cruel games of the Primordials. Existence does not forget those who come to its aid, no matter how far they have fallen."

Xiao then performs a silent salute for his past life, knowing that the dead must be shown respect.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:13 am

The Lion stares at Xiao for a long time, then he turns to Thunder.

Send me to your void before he makes me sick.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

"So your plan is to send the insane guy who is incredibly powerful and has shown absolutely no remorse into a void where he will be alone with his insanity, with nothing but time to hate everything living thing more than he already does."

James sighed. "I can't stop you from doing this, but this is a bad idea. I sincerely hope it doesn't come back to haunt us, and even if it does, I won't say 'I told you so'-I don't say that, and I don't like people that do. But if there's a better way to do this-to send him to a true afterlife maybe where he can go through purification or something, well,"

He looked at Xiao. "Then I'll help you find it. I know a wizard back in my," He smiled at Omni, to show there were no hard feelings. "Mob-den, he might be able to point us in the right direction."
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:32 am

Arthur Eld wrote:"So your plan is to send the insane guy who is incredibly powerful and has shown absolutely no remorse into a void where he will be alone with his insanity, with nothing but time to hate everything living thing more than he already does."

James sighed. "I can't stop you from doing this, but this is a bad idea. I sincerely hope it doesn't come back to haunt us, and even if it does, I won't say 'I told you so'-I don't say that, and I don't like people that do. But if there's a better way to do this-to send him to a true afterlife maybe where he can go through purification or something, well,"

He looked at Xiao. "Then I'll help you find it. I know a wizard back in my," He smiled at Omni, to show there were no hard feelings. "Mob-den, he might be able to point us in the right direction."

"It wouldn't be the first psychopath we've stuck in there." Johnny Rocket says, "By the way Moochy, say hi to Kal Zed when you see him, sure you and him will have a lot to talk about."
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 am

Aum-Ra
Arthur Eld wrote:"Then I'll help you find it. I know a wizard back in my," He smiled at Omni, to show there were no hard feelings. "Mob-den, he might be able to point us in the right direction."

"Oh, puh-lease: like we don't know several--OW!"

Shinchuu had grabbed Omni's ear and was pulling down on it so Omni had to bend over.

"Also last time he was dropped into a black hole. A. Black. Hole. It's not that simple with him."

"We will be trying to find a permanent solution, though, so don't worry."
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 am

Xiao nods, before turning back to the lion

"I know that for whatever reason, your masters restored to you your heart, to know love in some capacity. as you were me, in your exile I offer the solace that Thousand Enemies has been freed of the Great Curse by Autocthon himself. we did not fail her."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:39 am

The Lion is about to speak again, but then goes quiet, and looks away.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:06 am

ZOE

The nanobot amalgam cocks her head to the side. "Will he be alone or will he have opportunity to interact with other... banishees? And are their counseling sessions offered in the Zero Zone? That seems to be what most of my companions desire for the prisoner."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 am

flynnarrel wrote:ZOE

The nanobot amalgam cocks her head to the side. "Will he be alone or will he have opportunity to interact with other... banishees? And are their counseling sessions offered in the Zero Zone? That seems to be what most of my companions desire for the prisoner."

"He can interact with others, but quite frankly the only other guy there at the moment is Superior and he's kind of a prick." Johnny says.

"Besides," daedalus says, "I don't think the Lion can be helped by counseling."
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Maven

"Just send him and be done with it. We need to get back to Emerald City and help the others."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ares » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Hero Points: 0

Moebius stood with his hands folded inside his sleeves. He let everyone speak for the moment, as everyone else here were more personally involved with the Lion and his fate.

Crinos wrote:"Besides," daedalus says, "I don't think the Lion can be helped by counseling."

"Perhaps," Moebius said finally. "Then again, we will never know unless we try. It is not enough to simply lock these beings away and hope that they never bother anyone again. The time may come when he may escape, or perhaps one day we will actually need his assistance. What then? What is the bad, but the task of the just? And what are the just, if not the teachers for the bad? We cannot truly consider ourselves heroes unless we are willing to offer aid to everyone, especially those that have wronged us. You cannot convince someone of the wrongness of their actions if you silence them in death, or lock them away in a void never to return."

He turns to the Lion. "You have done evil things in your time, great one. You have harmed many, both in recent times and over the course of your long life. But I believe that all life is precious, and in all but the most evil of beings that the spark of redemption exists. I hope that you are not one such being, that we may be able to help you, to bring you solace and peace, and return you to the light, where true redemption may be found. One day, perhaps, you may return to us as a brother, rather than a foe. But until that time, we must ensure that you harm no one else. Farewell, and may your path lead you back to the light."
Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Aum-Ra

Omni extracts her ear.

"I'm all for Heel Face Turns, but where else do you think we should keep him?

"Maybe you should go in, too: sounds like you have this all figured out. Plus you're, like, master of super-deflection, you can probably survive."
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ares » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Hero Points: 0

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:Aum-Ra

Omni extracts her ear.

"I'm all for Heel Face Turns, but where else do you think we should keep him?"

"Maybe you should go in, too: sounds like you have this all figured out. Plus you're, like, master of super-deflection, you can probably survive."

"I realize your ear was being tugged, so perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned that we cannot allow him to harm any other innocents? I am alright with this as a temporary measure to prevent him from hurting anyone else. I am not fine with simply tossing him in and forgetting he exists. He must be remembered, and helped if he can be helped. Hope and the possibility of redemption exists only if life and the willingness to forgive exists. You were given a chance at redemption. I do not think we can do any less for him."
Ares
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room