Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Crinoverse: Invasion! (Battleground Earth!)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Crinoverse: Invasion! (Battleground Earth!)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:22 pm

ZOE
hp3lp1
battle

Ref (1d20+12=15) sad but Evasion 2
Toughness (1d20+14=33)
no damage

The blast propels her far to the side, but her liquid body rolls with the impact and she comes up on her feet in a crouch.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ares » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Hero Points: 2-1 = 1

I'm going to try and Nullify the F&FL's last attack.

Nullify ”Endless Universal Cycle: 16
-Type: Area Attacks / Perception Attacks (2)
-Extra: Action (Reaction +3), No Saving Throw (+2)
-Flaws: Limit: Cannot Attack and use Nullify in the same round.

Nullify Attempt vs F&FL's Defense: 1d20 (10) + 16 = 26

Hero Point for the Re-Roll: 1d20 (5) + 16 + 10 = 31

Nullify vs F&FL's Will Save: 1d20 (15) + 16 = 31

If that works, Moebius will nullify the F&FL's last attack and no one needs to worry about making those saves. I'll save the flavor text for if it actually works.
Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Crinos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:56 pm

(I'll give you a free pass on this if you can come up with some awesome flavor text. Honestly I just wanted the scene because I wanted a scened of the F&FL cutting through the LHW.)
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ares » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Hero Points: 2

Crinos wrote:(I'll give you a free pass on this if you can come up with some awesome flavor text. Honestly I just wanted the scene because I wanted a scened of the F&FL cutting through the LHW.)

*cracks knuckles*

Moebius watched in horror as the Lion's non-euclidean blade sliced into Tenchi's Lighthawk Wing, eyes widening as the explosion from the attack sent a shockwave of power towards him and his allies. With a blur of motion the young martial artist vanished, only to re-appear directly between the oncoming wave of destruction and his friends, his feet firmly planted as if in defiance of the approaching anihilating blast.

His hands moved through their elaborate figure eight pattern, drawing a mobius strip with the mingling energies of white and gold that trailed from his fingertips. The movements seemed soft, weak, perhaps even slow, and seemed to have no hope of doing anything but crumble before the attack headed at him.

Then the shockwave touched his palm, and Moebius began to divert the blast around himself and his friends. It looked very much like a man sculpting a stream of water that had been slown down enough to be worked like clay, even as it continued to pour forth from a hose. Those glowing hands began to move faster and faster, even as the force of the explosion pushed Moebius backwards, his feet leaving two trails in the dirt as he was pushed further and further backwards, closer and closer to his friends. All the while his hands never stopped in their movement, and were now an almost solid blur of motion, parting the blast so that it now seemd to flow around him, like he was a rock in a river that the water could only break against, part, and flow around.

Abruptly, Moebius found the point he had searched for, and in another blur of movement, his hand pulled back, only to stab into the point where he had begun to part and separate the wave. Time seemed to speed up again and the shockwave shattered and flowed away from and around Moebius, creating a cone of safety that began at his fist and expanded outward and behind him to encompass all of his allies, even as the shockwave flowed around them like some tunnel carved from the inside of a nuclear inferno.

And then moment was over, the wave had passed them by, with only the zone of safety Moebius had created left untouched by the blast. Moebius hands sizzled, his palms and fingers burned by the effort of diverting so much force. But even as he acknowledged the pain without letting it interfere with his concious mind, he glanced back to where the Lion and Tenchi had stood and said simply, "I never was any good at math."
Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Crinos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Tenchi is on the ground, his eyes converted into little swirly lines.

"Oooh, some days it does not pay to get out of bed."
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:22 am

Aum-Ra
HP: 2
Condition: -1 Injured+Bruised

When anyone can see again Aum-Ra is nowhere in sight.

And then she pops out of a hole in time and space.

"And why couldn't we bring some of our alternate selves here to help?"

"Because Queen Pi said the GM would never approve it."

"Yes, I heard that part. Now someone explain to me what in a black hole's name she was talking about."

"Look, if it's really bothering you we can figure out where Black Dragon went and get him to tell you.

"I recommend letting it go."
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:48 am

As the smoke clears you also see the First and Forsaken Lion kneeling, leaning against his sword, his armor smoldering. Apparently that little stunt took a lot out of him.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 am

Maven
HP: 4, Condition: Bruised/Injured x1

Troy braces for impact, but Moebius manages to shunt the energy away from him. Seeing the Lion apparently weakened, Troy feels a bit emboldened.

"PIle it on folks, he's just shown us how unstoppable he really isn't!"
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 am

James stands there, amazingly unharmed. "Nice work, Moebius!"

Question-is the Lion's armor a separate device/equipment/whatever? So James can attack it directly to destroy it and deny him Protection?
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:24 am

Arthur Eld wrote:James stands there, amazingly unharmed. "Nice work, Moebius!"

Question-is the Lion's armor a separate device/equipment/whatever? So James can attack it directly to destroy it and deny him Protection?

(The armor is basically bolted to his body as a punishment, so I don't count it as a device since it can't be removed. But your Rokugon might be able to destroy it.)
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm

((Lyrical dissonance go!))

With Megeddon's Primary shield down, and the Lanterns exhausted, Novendecim rockets towards the planetoid sized monstrosity inside his larger shell. Beams of energy lance out towards him as he approaches. Managing to avoid the first few, with closing in. But eventually even Charli's luck wears too thin and one bolt strikes them dead on.

They continue to power through, the mass of star Novendecim searing away as they continue to move closer until Novendecim is forced to eject out, managing to avoid the beams with his smaller form, the larger mass exploding behind him as they escape.

Too close now for the point defense weapons, Novendecim crashes through the surface of Mageddon into the interior, with defenses all it's own. Crawling, slithering, skittering defenses, the anti-bodies of an unholy thing from beyond time.

Bringing forth his axe from Terminus Space, Charli and Novendecim behind hacking their way through the interior, closing on the very heart of Mageddon. Eventually losing the Axe to the defenses, they fall back to his eye beam, spear, finger misses, Gatling cannons, anything to move closer to the core. But luck, skill and spirit only go so far in the face of the death of gods.

One of the things, launching forward while Novendecim wrested with another, sends a sharpened appendage out, piercing Novendecim's cockpit. Roaring her rips the creature away, crushing it, the lance like leg, arm, tendril, or whatever it was, coating in red.
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm

(Aum ra, its your turn).
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 am

Crinos wrote:(Aum ra, its your turn).

Should have said something earlier: as soon as Moebius went I was sure we were on initiative after me.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 am

Moebius used a held action to counter F&FL action. Aum Ra goes after F&FL, so Aum Ra is up.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 am

Aum-Ra
HP: 1 (1 spent)
Condition: -1 Injured+Bruised

Aum-Ra forms a HUGE hammer in her hands that shifts with enough colors and crackles with enough energy to cause brain-strain just looking at it.

"Divide By Zero? Meet Multiple By Inifnity."
Power Attack: 1d20+10-5=12
HP re-roll: 1d20+10-5=8+10=18, DC 34 Tgh vs. damage (Penetrating 14)
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room