Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Crinoverse: Invasion! (Battleground Earth!)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Crinoverse: Invasion! (Battleground Earth!)

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am

"The first and Forsaken Lion," Xiao explains Carter and ZOE, "General of the neverborn, and among the greater evils of my homeworld. He is also the ghost of my past life, driven mad by centuries of undeath and the Great Curse that still drives my own Rage."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:08 am

ZOE

"I do not believe pine is a sufficient restraint medium for this particular individual." ZOE comments to Carter.

"Drop him in something worse than a black hole."

"Perhaps that may work, but where can we find a... blacker-than-normal hole this time of night?"

"The first and Forsaken Lion," Xiao explains Carter and ZOE, "General of the neverborn, and among the greater evils of my homeworld. He is also the ghost of my past life, driven mad by centuries of undeath and the Great Curse that still drives my own Rage."

"Threat assessment: Undead implies certain immunities to biological conditions and attack forms, origins in your homeworld and his armaments indicate a proclivity to martial combat skills, indicated timeframe of centuries may indicate high skill, and after accounts of Xiao's rage, first hand, if this entity possesses comparable... well that is just... bad." she concludes.

"Don't get too close! He's got some sort of soul-crushing aura!"

"Then fortunate for me I do not possess an analog to a 'soul'."

ZOE shifts from cycle to her female humaniod form, one of her arms is replaced by a whirling buzz saw, the other is a futuristic energy cannon, it's tip glowing a menacing blue. She crouches ready to spring into action.

"Awaiting signal to begin attack." She states, her face determined.
Last edited by flynnarrel on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:28 am

Carter Cash:
HP: 2
Luck Points: 2

I do not believe pine is a sufficient restraint medium for this particular individual." ZOE comments to Carter.

"Not if he's dead when we put him in it."

"Drop him in something worse than a black hole."

"Perhaps that may work, but where can we find a... blacker-than-normal hole this time of night?

"I think there's something close to that in the outer quadrant of the Anvil Galaxy."

"Threat assessment: Undead implies certain immunities to biological conditions and attack forms, origins in your homeworld and his armaments indicate a proclivity to martial combat skills, indicated timeframe of centuries may indicate high skill, and after accounts of Xiao's rage, first hand, if this entity possesses comparable... well that is just... bad." she concludes.

"Doesn't mean he's unbeatable ZOE, just going to be a bit tricker is all."

"Awaiting signal to begin attack."

He looks to Xiao. "You heard the lady, whenever you're ready say the words."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 pm

James flew back, following Xiao's brightness.

He hovered about a dozen feet in the air. "I thought your Avengers already dealt with this guy before? Something about a game between two dimension's superteams?"
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 pm

"You remember correctly," Xiao says, "He was the cause of that, and it was only through the use of the other Earth's Aegis of Truth that I was able to banish him. and it was afterwards i learned that he and I were once the same.

"And being dead," Xiao continues, this time directed at the lion, "You are doomed to repeat our past, to turn all the heavens against those they are wary of, even when they could still be freinds. I do not know what you did, only that the same question rings through your mind as much as mine, wether we were right or wrong

"And if you are the once forgotten First Fearless Lion, then I know to whom your heart belonged, and so I tell you that Thousand Enemies is now free of the madness that befell us.

"And unto you, I say, Be At Peace, Slave-become-King Mu Chi Pu Chu La Gu Chi..."

I figure Xiao's remembered his own first age name (andwhy he preferred being called the Lion)

anyway, not rolling because yeah, you don't reason with this guy, so

Initiative: 1d20+15=34

"We shall grant you a warrior's end."
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm

ZOE
hp3
Ayer's crater

init (1d20+5=7) Typical for this adventure.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Maven
HP: 4

Init: 1d20+9=23
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:"You remember correctly," Xiao says, "He was the cause of that, and it was only through the use of the other Earth's Aegis of Truth that I was able to banish him. and it was afterwards i learned that he and I were once the same.

"And being dead," Xiao continues, this time directed at the lion, "You are doomed to repeat our past, to turn all the heavens against those they are wary of, even when they could still be freinds. I do not know what you did, only that the same question rings through your mind as much as mine, wether we were right or wrong

"And if you are the once forgotten First Fearless Lion, then I know to whom your heart belonged, and so I tell you that Thousand Enemies is now free of the madness that befell us.

"And unto you, I say, Be At Peace, Slave-become-King Mu Chi Pu Chu La Gu Chi..."

I figure Xiao's remembered his own first age name (andwhy he preferred being called the Lion)

anyway, not rolling because yeah, you don't reason with this guy, so

Initiative: 1d20+15=34

"We shall grant you a warrior's end."

(Take a hero point.)

The instant you begin reciting his name, The Lion vanishes. When he reappears, The Lion is standing where Xiao was, his fist extended. Xiao has gone about fifty yards (Bruised.)

DO. NOT. CALL. ME. THAT. EVER!
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:09 pm

"Ok, team. From now on-only call him by that name. Even if it is hard to remember."

Initiative 1d20+15=19
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Aum-Ra
HP: 1
Arthur Eld wrote:"Ok, team. From now on-only call him by that name. Even if it is hard to remember."

"Calling him names: my favorite tactic."
Initiative: 1d20+12=26
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 pm

ZOE
hp3
Lion fight.

"All I got was 'King Moo'. Apparently he was named by royal bovins."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 am

Carter Cash:
HP: 2
Luck Points: 2

World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm

The First and Forsaken Lion slowly walks back towards the center of the carnage he has wrought, grabbing his sword as he does.

It would seem the remainder of your allies have arrived Dawn General. Excellent, we can begin.

At this point, Fandango arrives. "Whose this guy? looks like he walked off the cover of a megadeth album."
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:38 am

still waiting on Ares' init...

"He is the ghost of Mu Chi Pu Chi La Gu Chi," Xiao says, before barely evading an arc of black energy fired from the Deathlord's blade.
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:54 am

Kreuzritter wrote:
still waiting on Ares' init...

"He is the ghost of Mu Chi Pu Chi La Gu Chi," Xiao says, before barely evading an arc of black energy fired from the Deathlord's blade.

"Gucci? Did he come here to sell us a pair of stylish Italian shoes?" Fandango asks.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room