Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC]

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 pm

VLATAVA - TRAIN, 1st PULLMAN CAR - AFTERNOON

"Well, this was more convenient than I thought." The Italian beauty gave Lucius a crooked smile. "Kindly put the tray on the seat over there and sit down."

Cassie couldn't see what the Bertinelli woman was doing, but she could clearly hear a cocking mechanism, which Lucius had a front-row view of, as Helena Bertinelly aimed an armed hand-crossbow at him. The spring mechanism was crude, but highly effective; he was sure that bolt would release with enough force to pierce his skull.

"Now, what do you want? And please don't say anything about your employer or your master. You're no servant. You simply lack either the subservience or the contempt for your employers common among British servants."

Miss Bertinelli shifted slightly in her seat, and Cassie could see that it was meant to raise the hem of her dress slightly, to give the woman easier access to the knife that was hidden around her ankle.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby roguescribner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Blackstone
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

"You look agitated," Blackstone remarked, locking eyes with the brutish man. "The dining car is having a special on drinks. Have two." The illusionist hoped the guard was as dumb as he looked, else he'd have to resort to more drastic measures.

OOC wrote:Hypnosis DC 17 Will perception ranged, entranced, compelled, controlled
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Miss Cassie
HP: 1

And then, an unexpected development. What was Lucius Fox doing here, Cassie wondered with a spark of indignation. All he'd just done was get himself held hostage - so Cassie would have to turn things more than around for the group. Again.

With the silent progress of a creeping shadow, Cassie inched herself with care out from the bed, to become mobile while getting a fuller view of Bertinelli. The feet already spoke of alertness but not sudden intent to attack Fox, so time was on the martial artist's side.

Stealth: 1d20+15=35
Assessment/Insight: Take 10 for total of 25.
Impeach the peach!

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Lucius Fox
HP: 2 >> 1

Having no clue that Cassie was in the room as well, Lucius continued as he'd planned thirty seconds prior. "Well, I hardly see that that's necessary when I've come unarmed," he said to the crossbow, but obliged putting the tray of food where he'd been invited to. "I didn't even take time to poison the food," he said with a chuckle and sipped at the wine he'd brought. No use waisting good wine if he were about to die.

"But I am glad to skip the pleasantries and speak plainly, then. I hate conflict, Madame, I really do. I know who you are and I know why you're here, so I'll assume others know about the diamonds as well. Which means it will be harder to reach them first. Since my goal is more about keeping these riches out of some hands than it is gaining them myself, I propose we work together. I'm sure I can convince my comrades to split the spoils in your favor, say, 40/60."
Deception (1d20+6 =7)
Deception HP ReRoll (1d20+6 =21)

With "Clever Liar" (INT instead of PRE for Deception), Lucius will attempt to deceive her with 'fake diamonds'. The goal is to learn why they are here and learn if they are open to working with others. There are a ton of other reasons I can think of to use this, just have to get them to believe it first...
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

Return to “M&M Game Room”