Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Kirsten

Kirsten reaches out to the rear view mirror, trying to keep it from flying off.

"Impressive Lord Brunel.. how fast do you think that we're going? I've heard that that there were dangers in going faster than sixty miles per hour. Do you think that there is validity to that?"
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Macguffin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
HP: 1(presuming no skill mastery on that last roll)

Brunel snorts derisively,
"Young lady, my entire life people have attempted to tell me things like that. My advice to you whenever some feeble minded fool tries to tell you something can't be done that you respond as I do: Balderdash!"

Brunel laughs heartily, much louder than an old man should be able to, as he shifts the truck into higher gear and they zoom towards their destination.

I know he has to slow down as they approach, but I figured they had the talk in transit.
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Madame le Chat

Selina does her best to tidy up her lunch dishes, and return them to the tray. With precise movements she selects a porcelain cup and fills it with tea. "I was thinking about a bath, but if I'm going to be sabotaging the Ravager, I'll most likely get wetter than most cats prefer regardless."

I've got nothing until we've sorted out the acid for the rudder, or propeller or whichever.
Moving right along?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 am

The Messenger
HP:1 LP: 0

"Thank you, Alfred. I believe this message will suffice." Barbara handed the message to Alfred.
Message wrote:Have strong evidence the package will be in Koln, Germany. We will be en route ASAP. -- The Messenger.

"I've already seen one Spoiler get hurt dealing with Slade Wilson. I'd prefer to keep that number where it is. I don't want a distraction that puts them in danger." Then she turned to Trevor. "We need to leave as soon as possible. If the transport is fast, we should be able to beat Wilson there but it would still be nice to know he's not on our heels."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:00 am

OOC: @Macguffin: You're right about taking 10 on the design roll, but jury-rigging bypasses the design phase, so the roll is moot.
London team: Give me an IANAI Intellect roll :)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Chemist
HP 1

"Hmmm," Trevor says barely listening to the others as he runs through formulas. "Yes I think I can have something quite soon."

I'll do it as weaken toughness 10 Limited to metals so that should make it 5 pp
Chemical expertise 1d20+11=25
Intellect 1d20+2=14
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Kirsten Grimm

Kirsten dismissively waves her hand, "So little time ago, even that question would be unthinkable." she pauses a moment, her fingers lightly brushing across the handles of her swords. "So, what.. is the nature of your question?" she winks, "It seems that my short term obligations are in question. After all, my employers seem to be rather suspect at this point."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby roguescribner » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Blackstone
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

Blackstone is amazed at the ingenuity displayed by Brunel. The lorry traveled at unthinkable speed back to Germany. The illusionist held onto the interior door handle tightly as the vehicle shook violently, as if it were about to tear itself apart. "I hate to interrupt," he said loudly, trying to be heard over the rushing air outside. "How long before we reach Stuttgart? Someone called Immortus is going to double-cross the mercenaries and make off with the Engine. I would say 'We must hurry,' but frankly I'm afraid to!"
Last edited by roguescribner on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 am

London

Trevor already knows the ingredients and reagents he needs even as they keep conversing. It would only take a few minutes in the lab to come up with the concoction.

And as they think of their plans, but him and Barbara realize something: they just had breakfast with the captain of one of the fastest smuggling airships in the underworld. A friendly one, even.

Stuttgart, Germany

The lorry barrels into the city, raising more than a few eyebrows. Not even London has yet any strict speed limit or any way to measure infractions, but if they keep at this pace, there is bound to be at least one policeman with the sound judgment to realize such speeds are a danger to the public.

However, Brunel's trained ears detected a strange sound in the engine. It had a bit of a cadence, and he soon recognized -again-, a repeating message in Morse.

"Have strong evidence the package will be in Koln, Germany. We will be en route ASAP. -- The Messenger, via Oracle."

OOC: I hadn't planned to do much in this long weekend of the Day of the Dead, but family, then friends, dropped in for different stuff. Everyone gets a Hero Point for my unannounced spottyness.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Macguffin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 am

Okay, I admit I have lost the thread a bit. If the engine is in Koln, is there any reason to be in Stuttgart?
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Shock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 am

The Messenger
HP: 2 LP: 0

"Excellent, Trevor. We'll need that as soon as possible. And we'll need to get that diversion planned soon as well. Steph, if you can assue me the Spoilers can do it safely, I think that's our best bet." Barbara smiled as she finished off her lunch.

"Alfred, did you say Lord Wayne had transport arranged already? Because, if not, I think I have an idea on how we can get there quickly. It'll cost but it'll be fast and I'm sure we can buy silence as well as speed. Selina, we may have to pay Zinda another visit, if you're up for it." The worst part, of course, would be suffering through more of Selina's antics, which Zinda did nothing to discourage.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Macguffin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
HP: 2

Brunel passes on the message.
"So, should the engine escape both us and this "Brotherhood" we will have some clue as to its destination. As a matter of fact, the very fact that we know the destination may give us some clue as to the method of transport. I am fairly certain that a train would be the fastest and safest form of transport from here to there, and therefore I would start my search in the trainyards. Of course I am a stranger here, so if you have contacts or information that leads you to believe otherwise Ms.Grimm say so."
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:53 am

OOC: Time for an Intellect check from Brunel and Blackstone (Kirsten was not present then); the bonus from Eidetic Memory applies.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby roguescribner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 am

OOC Blackstone wrote:INT roll (1d20+2=15)
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room