Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:03 pm

London

While the others talk, Miss Cassie is helping Stephanie with her food. The sight of the stoic, secretly deadly maid spoon-feeding a bashful-yet-usually-bubbly street girl is nothing short of adorable. However, anyone looking at them would know they are paying attention.

"Uh..." It's Stephanie who talks, dodging a fork-ful of chicken aimed at her mouth. "Ye only need to delay the bloke, no? Whassabout just... breaking his engines? Not sinking the ship, just... make it so repairin' it takes a long time? Then you leave for wherever and he's still here."

Germany

Madame Rouge looks at the man inside the machine with unbridled hatred. She certainly believes he will bury her alive.

Blackstone, on his part, wades through the mire of the woman's thought-process, and it feels like walking through mud.

He will do it, let him. I ceased to be truly alive long ago. The horrible darkness. Strangle him, break him until he begs, then break him into smaller pieces. They'll never return to Stuttgart in time; Immortus will find the mercenaries before these fools. I bought him the time, he will thank me.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby roguescribner » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Blackstone
HP: 1
Condition: Fine

A frown graces Blackstone's face. "We need to get to Stuttgart," he informed his comrades. "Time is of the essence. It seems the mercenaries may be in danger, isn't that right, Madame?" He leans down and peers into Rouge's eyes. "Who is Immortus? What have we to fear from him?"

OOC wrote:Mind reading is effortless, so I shall try again:
1d20+7=18
Hmmm.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Germany

roguescribner wrote:"Who is Immortus? What have we to fear from him?"

How did he...? Is he reading m****

Blackstone feels Rouge's mind clamp tight as she returned the gaze. Then she looked cocked her head as if listening for something, and her eyes narrowed.

"A mentalist." She muttered and grinned slowly. "Clever little monkey."

Then she jumped out of the hole and her body morphed in middair into that of a lean great cat that sped away into the woods. This time going straight, not bothering to avoid nonexistent police officers, only the occasional tree.

OOC: Blackstone tipped his card, so this time there's Madame Rouge's Will save (1d20+7=21). She resists. Realizes that the large contingent of police is curiously silent, that she doesn't remember seeing them when Blackstone switched array powers, and then bolts for it. If you want to intercept, you need to roll Insight DC 21 or be surprised. If you defeat this, roll initiative and roll high enough to act before:

Madame Rouge's Initiative (1d20+6=14)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

"That would be.... better, I suppose." Barbara looked at Stephanie briefly. "I would prefer a non-destructive method. Wilson can't run from customs and he certainly can't go killing them. He could never return to England. And even though he's dangerous, I doubt his ship's a match for the Royal Navy."

She looked back at Selina. "But if you believe sabotage is best, I will assist how I can. Though I know little of how that might be accomplished."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Kirsten Grimm

Kirsten blinks and blinks again as Rogue leaps out of the hole and goes flying. She knew it could happen, she even expected it to happen, but not that fast and that effectively. Though she tries to run after, she is still left soon in the dust.. She might have a chance though as she goes bouncing after the retreating villianness. after all, she was able to run faster than the car that they were all riding in.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Chemist

"Hmm, a corrosive chemical could cause large amounts of damage to the engine. Something tailored to metal but how to introduce it?"
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:31 pm

The Messenger

"A customs visit could provide enough distraction for someone to get close enough to deliver it."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Madame le Chat

Rubbing her hands together, Selina smiles. "Now we're getting somewhere. A jug full of juice to turn his rotors to Swiss cheese is exactly the thing. Some sort of inspection might help out, but that might not be necessary. You, Trevor... the Chemist... you can mix us up something nice and caustic. Barbara, if you can arrange for an inspection. I'll get myself under the docks and goose that ship."

She pauses to peer around the table, and beam at Stephanie. "Can we proceed with that?"
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Macguffin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Brunel is startled as the villainess flees. Even knowing the flexibility of her form, he had not counted on her springiness, nor her ability to assume the form of a Cheetah. Watching her retreating form he is forced to sigh a little.

"Just like a frog to spring back to it's hope when you think they are caught good and proper. Well, it would seem we need some additional speed to make up for this diversion. It is possible I could retool the engine on our transport to give us extra oomph, though since it is not made from good English stock I expect the thing will fall apart once we reach Stuttgart. Still, it should serve if neither of you has a different solution. Pity more of the airship didn't remain or we could have salvaged it for some temporary flight."

Insight: 1d20+5=9
Dice not loving me this game.
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 pm

The Messenger

For once, Selina's smile didn't bother Barbara much. "How long with it take you to prepare, Trevor? I'd like to time the tip to the Yard to give Selina as much time as possible."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Chemist
HP 2

Trevor gets a glazed look in his eyes as he runs through reactions in his head. "How much time do you think we have? I can whip up something quick but to be really precise I'd will take a bit."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby roguescribner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Blackstone
HP: 1
Condition: Fine

Blackstone sighs as he rejoins his companions. "Apologies," he said sheepishly. "My overconfidence caused me to show my hand as it were. We do need to hurry back Germany. I am, unfortunately, without means of providing wings. I am willing to assist you with your idea, Mr. Brunel, in whatever way I can."

OOC wrote:Yeah, I got nothing.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Macguffin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:42 am

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
HP:3

Brunel hops out of the Steel Man and searches the truck for what parts or tools he scavenge, and then workson the engine, his aged hands moving much faster than the rest of his body ever could. While he works he grumbles about German engineering, the lack of good tools, the French, and the weather.

Can't seem to find my book so I may be off on rules here. Brunel really likes having tools, and he is improvising so he has to suck up the -4 unless there is a multi-tool in the boot.

I don't know how many ranks of speed it has right now, but lets presume we want to add 5 ranks.

Brunel has Skill mastery, which should let him just pass the design roll, but he can't use it on the build roll I know. I recall that as 15+cost, so DC 20.

1d20+11=13

No. Hero point!

1d20+11=28

Thats better!
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 pm

London

"I'll go andOWWWW!!!" Stephanie had promptly stood to volunteer her participation, only to be forced back down by Miss Cassie, who simply wagged her finger front of her face in a very definite negative. "Ah... I guess... if ye let me contact one of the Spoilers, we can arrange a distraction o' sorts..."

"Lord Wayne has approved the use of extraordinary measures to reach Germany in time." Alfred arrived and raised an eyebrow when he spotted the cleaned-up head Spoiler. "Oh, dear. Ms. Brown, I'm afraid I can't in good conscience allow you to leave the guildhouse and resume your old life. I will speak to Lord Wayne about offering you a permanent position in the guildhouse's staff."

"Meanwhile." He speaks to the adults now. "I have made arrangements for any message you have for Masters Brunel and Blackstone to arrive within minutes, regardless of their location. As I said, Lord Wayne will also pay for the fastest transport you can charter for Germany, regardless of its... ahem... legal standing."

OOC: I'll remind Shock that, thanks to a previous formidable Well-Informed check, Barbara is fairly sure she can locate Jericho and Rose Wilson, the Terminator's children in England. Also, sweetja, consider that creating a suitably corrosive compound is a Weaken Toughness effect; build it up as you may, but remember you need two Expertise (Chemistry) checks DC 10+pp in the effect: one to design the compound (and 1 hr./pp), the second to create it (4hrs./pp). Like Macguffin below, you can spend a HP to create it quickly, eliminating the design phase and only rolling for the creation at DC 15+pp in the effect (1 round/pp).

Germany

It takes only a few minutes of the old Englishman tinkering with the slightly unfamiliar technology in the lorry, while Kirsten and Blackstone somehow manage to put the Steel Man back on the lorry's back. Brunel shouts triumphantly and, when they get back inside, the crystal-based engine manages to roar into operation and the vehicle speeds forth at a speed undreamt off by the original manufacturer.

Kirsten is pretty sure she couldn't keep up with the lorry's new speed now. She's also fairly sure the vehicle itself may not survive the journey, if the side mirror to her right snapping off from the wind velocity is any indication.

The German roads proved ideal for this kind of abuse, and their smoothness helped the lorry not to break apart as it neared Stuttgart in less time than it took them originally to reach the zeppelin crash site, let alone accounting for Rouge's diversion. Brunel had to slow down to a normal speed once they crossed the first vehicle near the city, else they cause an accident, but they had made up more than enough for the treacherous detour they've been forced to take. It was now only a matter of figuring out what to do next.

OOC: Macguffin, I'll ask you to spend a HP for the jury-rig; normally it would take a full day (25 hours total for design + construction) to create a 5-point device, but jury-rigging via HP only takes 5 rounds (less than a minute!). I assume you want to take that option :)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Macguffin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:35 am

Yup, I am good with that. Am I remembering right about not being able to skill mastery that roll?
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room