Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 pm

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

"I'm flattered that you think so highly of my ability to tolerate you, Selina. Thank you so much." Barbara rolled her eyes in an exaggerated fashion.

"Trevor was subjected to an extreme sort of chemical by a fiend named Crane. However, I have every confidence that we will be able to count on him if things get difficult."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:54 am

Madame le Chat

Selina shrugs at Barbara slightly. "Just wait 'til I get you alone." She seems to have gotten over Cassie's intervention.

She leans back into her plush chair and thinks for a minute. With a sigh, she wiggles her toes (in lace stockings) and reaches for her boots. "I'm tempted to suggest you should have a session with me, Trevor... a lot of my clients find that they learn things about themselves they didn't even know. But for now, I think we've exhausted this topic. If you are curious about what I do, and how it might benefit you, we can discuss it privately." She begins the lengthy process of lacing her knee-length boot back up.

"Ah, here comes Master Pennysworth." She glances up just seconds before Alfred himself appears bearing lunch. "Perhaps after we've eaten, we can return to discussing sinking the Ravager."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Chemist
HP 2

The idea of a session with that woman takes Trevor to the very edge of throwing away his gentlemanly ways. The very idea repelled him, well at least that's what he told himself as he got up and helped himself to a rather large brandy with his meal.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm

The Messenger

"Thank you Alfred." Barbara still felt a little disconcerted after the morning's events and ate her lunch slowly.

"I still think it's a mistake to mess with that ship. Messing up a job is just money to him. But if we sink his ship, we move to the top of his list. That's not a place I want to be."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Madame le Chat

With her boots back on, and tucked daintily beneath herself, Selina nibbles from a forkful of chicken salad. "I have two problems with what you're saying." Selina takes another bite, chews, swallows, and dabs her lips with a napkin.

"The first is that you're overlooking something. Should we proceed with a plan to sink the Ravager, we certainly won't tell him that we're doing it. I'm certainly not going to leave a calling card." She takes a sip of her beer. "The other thing, and you're going to have to convince me here... if we don't do something about Slade Wilson, he's going to be there ahead of us, or breathing down our necks all the way there."

"To be blunt, I'm happy to help Lord Wayne, and I'm happy to serve the public good, and I'm not afraid to risk my life... but I have my own goals, and I can't accomplish those if I'm dead. Thomas Blake and his ilk will be as dangerous as I care to face, without worrying about The Terminator at the same time."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Chemist
HP 2

The chicken was simply delicious and Selina made a good point. "I agree we must do our best not to anger such a man Miss Gordon, but it would seem this gentleman see business as personal. Or at least that how's he struck me. I'm afraid I must agree we should not let him reach the destination in a way that distances ourselves from it as much as possible."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Coyotzin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:59 pm

London

Shortly after they began their meal, Miss Cassie opened the door and stepped aside, leading in a guest none of the adventurers recalled meeting as part of the Guild.

The lovely young woman was blushing fiercely, dressed in a simple white blouse and black skirt that seemed a little too small for her. Wavy blond hair fell down her right shoulder in a simple ponytail, and she had to be in her late teens. Miss Cassie was sporting a curious, smug smirk on her face as she led the new guest to the table. Their only clue as to her identity was that her arm was secured against her side by an expertly tied sling.

"Uh... hullo..." Stephanie looked a little ill-at-ease, but she was eying the food like a wolf. All cleaned up, she looked a lot older than in her regular old and dirty rags. She definitely did not look like a child.

Germany

Madame Rouge stopped just short of the line of trees, looking at them as if they were going to attack her. She turned around slowly, her eyes full of vile hatred, and she raised her arms.

"It will do you no good." She hissed, and then smiled wickedly. "My job iz done anyway. Ze general will be moving now to take ze Engine from those foolish mercenaries, and there is nothing you can do to stop him!"

OOC: Madame Rouge's Will save (1d20+7=12). She has now surrendered and we're now out of combat rounds. Everybody in the German team gets a HP for stopping her before she could escape, as was my plan ;)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Macguffin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:00 am

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
HP: 3

The massive hands of the Steel Man move into the ground and with the ease of a sculptor shaping clay, a deep well of earth is formed in seconds. Brunel grasps Madame Rouge and brings her to the pit.

"Madame, you may have noted we have very few means of confining you at the moment, and you seem to have given your "General" a head start. However I have a solution to that problem: burying you alive here, just a short distance from your beloved France. Can you give me a reason not to entomb you here for eternity?"

Basically, her comments lead Brunel to believe she knows where the mercs are going more than the team does. This is just a speedy way of finding out where.
Intimidation: 1d20+7=24
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 am

The Messenger

It was hard to argue with Selina and Trevor making their case. But sinking the ship of the most dangerous pirate in England was still a big step. Still, it was a risk with delayed consequences and it would allow them to intercept the shipment much more easily. "All right. I agree we must delay Wilson however we can. But we have little time to go about it."

Barbara marveled at the results of Cassie's work. "Why, Stephanie, you look just wonderful!" She rose to steer the girl into a comfy chair. "Come sit and have something to eat. After such a rough morning you must be famished."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Kirsten Grimm

Kirsten turned to look upon Brunel with an odd combination of admiration and fear as he threatens the squirmy Baroness so. She takes a sharp breath, her eyes glazing abit, before she shakes her head. A soft frown began to cross her lips.. this was not the place (or time) for such feelings and there was a growing wariness that the bluff (or worse the actuality) would fail to meet with Brunel's expectations- after all Rogue had manifested the ability to stretch herself which made for some rather 'cozy' embraces.

"Can't we just put her through a nearby sawmill and see how long it takes for her to reform? A race if you will?" she huffs, somewhere between still showing signs of arousal and just simple poutiness.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Blackstone
HP: 1
Condition: Fine

As Brunel fixes Madame Rouge into the pit, Blackstone dismisses his illusion and approaches the villain. "And where, pray tell, shall we find 'ze general'?"

OOC wrote:Using subtle mind reading: 1d20+7=20
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Madame le Chat

When the young woman enters, Selina eyes her up and down for a moment with a critical eye. "I thought you were eleven. Or a similar age." Selina continues to peer at Stephanie while the girl seats herself. At a guess, Selina considers Stephanie's apparent change in age to be something of a deception. In any case, she shakes it off and returns to business.

"I'm absolutely willing to consider other options in delaying Captain Wilson... but we need to come to a plan soon, and enact it as well. Does the Guild of the Bat have any contacts with her Majesty's Navy? A full fledged naval operation could probably detain the ship without leading to a pitched battle on the Thames."
Well informed? (1d20+10=11) Selina probably hasn't met anyone who can be useful in this situation. :roll:
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:07 pm

The Messenger

"How about a police operation?" Barbara brightened. "The Yard trusts the information they get from The Messenger. I could tip them off to something going on on Wilson's ship. The ensuing investigation would certainly slow him down."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Chemist
Hp 2

Though Trevor is surprised by Stephanie's cleaned up appearance, once she starts eating he focuses on the matter at hand. "If it weren't for the fact that I'm sure Mr. Wilson has tight security on his ship, it almost might be worth planting something on there to ensure detainment. I wonder if impersonating a dock inspector would a good idea. Easy enough to plant something during an inspection."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Madame le Chat

Selina starts shaking her head when Barbara suggests her plan, and continues shaking it as Trevor continues. "My instincts tell me that if a few investigators, or a single inspector were to show up on his ship, they would end up in the Atlantic with heavy things tied to their ankles... and Wilson would set sail immediately. Whatever we try, has to be decisive... if we do something minor, he'll be certain he needs to leave port, and we probably get someone killed in the process."

Setting aside her empty plate, Selina pauses in thought. "Is there some sort of Customs Police? An organization that has ships capable of performing an interdiction on a pirate ship? That's kind of the crux of my problem with just sending a couple of bobbies around... a pirate ship is a military problem, not a police problem."

She pulls a face. "I still think sticking a couple of bombs on the side of it is a reasonable solution. Do we even have enough evidence against Wilson to do anything official?"
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room