Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Macguffin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:04 am

The Steel Man (as piloted by Brunel)

As the villainess turns to flee she finds herself confronted with the large metal frame of the Steel Man. From a speaking tube Brunel's voice cackles.

"You know, I have been wanting to test my apparatus you polyphyiscal fiend. Thank you for providing me the opportunity!"

With that one of the huge metal hands decends on Madame Rouge, attempting to grasp her.

1d20+7=9
Le sigh. Know what? I will use my luck hero point for a re-roll.
1d20+7=10
Oh for the love of Pete.
Well, I guess that means he hits a 17, which I imagine means in this case "Not Madame Rouge".
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Macguffin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:35 am

I have been reminded that second one should be a 20. I am a dummy.
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 am

Chemist
HP 2

Trevor sits down and carefully averts his eyes from Selina mere moments after his face flushes. Whatever happened to dignity? he asks himself. The idea of a bloodsucker bomb, whatever that is, intrigues him and he sits patiently to learn more, though the thoughts of using a terrorist weapon does disturb. With any luck it won't be as horrible as what he's envisioning.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:48 pm

London

Alfred is unmoved by Selina's display, remaining stoic and attentive as he delivers the different requests.

"The Guild has a way of getting in touch with the other team, indeed." Alfred says. "It will take but a few hours once you provide the message to be delivered. You will find writing materials on the desk. We do not currently have an armory, but I'm sure if you write a request with the proper name of what you require, Lord Wayne may make the appropriate acquisitions."

"I will leave now to care for the meal."

He bowed shortly and left.

During that time, Selina had felt herself observed, intently. It was Miss Cassie, who was staring at her. There was no blushing that would tell Selina her teasing was working on her, and she rather felt... analyzed.

Just a second after Alfred had closed the door behind him, the maid had walked right in front of the adventuress-thief and, with a flashing move, her hand deftly closed the gap of fabric to give the older woman a more decent appearance.

"I know why you doing." The Asian girl croaked, much to the surprise of everyone who didn't know she could talk, much less in English, even if it was heavily accented. "Stop."

Cassie's unarmed attack (1d20+12=18), that hits Selina even unsurprised, so an Insight check from Selina is unnecessary; Cassie's Sleight of Hand check (1d20+9=20) to button her up; Selina might resist with an opposed Dexterity or Sleight of Hand check.

Germany

Madame Rouge slammed against the metal hand with a grunt, but before Brunel could squeeze, her form melted again and she actually, literally slipped between his fingers!

I just noticed that the Steel Man's unarmed attack/damage is overcaps by 2; I hadn't assigned Close Combat to Unarmed in Hero Lab and that's why it had parsed correctly with a +5 from Fighting and a total Strength 9; since you used the +7 bonus, I'll be rolling Toughness against a DC 22. Madame Rouge's Toughness check (1d20+6-1=8) That's... abysmal. So Macguffin gets a HP for Madame Rouge's re-roll. Madame Rouge's Toughness check re-roll (1d20+6-1=24) Much better :)

Blackstone's up!

Kirsten - -1
Madame Rouge - -1 (regenerating in 2 rounds)
Brunel - ok
> Blackstone
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Madame le Chat

Before she could answer Barbara, Selina is distracted by Miss Cassie's attention, approach, and holy she moves fast.

Selina merely remained very, very still for a few moments, sitting in her chair, all nice and buttoned up. After a moment she shuffled in her seat uncomfortably. "It gets hot... running around town all day... in a leather catsuit... I just wanted to... you know... air out the girls." She sure sounds a whole lot different... for some reason. She makes no attempt to reopen her decolletage.

Clearing her throat, she glances around Cassie at Barbara until the maid gets the hint and moves away. Then after a quick glance at Cassie, she continues her thought. "I'm not sure what these things are called, exactly. It's not really my area of expertise. I just meet interesting people." She might be properly chastened by Cassie, but she fails to blush at this. "There is a type of bomb that sticks to things. I've heard that they're specifically good for opening Bank Vaults, but they're intended to scuttle ships."

"I've given it some thought. We can't face off against Wilson. If we send the Police or the Yard after him, there's a good likelihood a lot of good blokes die... but we still need to neutralize him. Our crew of villains want to hire his boat, so I propose... we sink it."
Dex 0, no Sleight of Hand... Cassie can win this one.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

Barbara didn't quite manage to suppress her smile before Selina had a clear view of her. She'd seen Cassie move like that before but never had she said so many words at a time. "I'm not sure sinking his ship is the best way to avoid a confrontation with him. We can beat him to Germany and meet with the Catman first. Or we have someone else pose as Blake and send the pirate off in the wrong direction."

While she spoke, Barbara went to the desk and started writing the message to be sent out to their allies.
Have strong evidence the package will be in Koln, Germany. We will be en route ASAP. -- The Messenger.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Blackstone
HP: 0
Condition: Fine

Blackstone frowned as he witnessed Madame Rouge morph and then literally slip through the Steel Man's fingers. "Madame Rouge!" he called out as the phantom German police tightened their perimeter. "You know there is no escape. Be reasonable. Surrender now and you may find leniency."

OOC wrote:Sustaining the illusion as a free action, and attempting hypnosis on Madame Rouge. It's also perception range, so it's a DC 17 will save. Hopefully this works!
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Chemist
HP 2

"I could pose as Mr. Wilson fairly easily as I've seen him but posing as Mr. Blake simply shan't do, as I've never seen the man without his mask," Trevor said trying to hide the shake in his voice. Truthfully,he had every urge not to be around Mr. Wilson ever again.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 am

The Messenger

"Well to pose as Blake, we'd have to push him out of the way first. We could acquire the mask from him at that time." Barbara looked up from her writing. "But I think fooling Blake by posing as Wilson is probably a safer bet."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Madame le Chat

Selina eyed Trevor for a good long moment. "I don't think I'm in favour of a plan that sees us in Germany trying to intercept a half-dozen world renowned mercenaries and assassins with The Terminator hot on our heels with his crew of pirates in the Ravager. Of course, given that vessel's reputation actually beating him to Germany is a chancy proposition."

She continues to scrutinize Trevor for a minute. "Ah... Mister Heinsworth... Trevor... I am admittedly quite anxious to avoid having to face off against Slade Wilson. But, and if I may be... blunt? No. Honest. Still sympathetic, but honest... you're quite afraid. Fear that I can practically take into my hand and pull like salt-water taffy. Do you need to discuss this?"
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am

Chemist
HP 2

Trevor sits up straighter unconsciously drawing on his morphing abilities it appear just a little taller. "I can assure you miss that my fear will not be an issue. While only a fool would not fear Mr. Wilson, it is the fear itself that concerns me." He sighs, "Call it a hold over from my rebirth if you will." Clearly he has no interest in taking this conversation any further and even if he did Selina would be near the very bottom of his choices to discuss it with.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:53 am

The Messenger

"Selina!" Barbara gave her a harsh look. "Trevor is no coward and shame on you for suggesting it."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Madame le Chat

"Everyone's afraid of something, that's not the same as being a coward." Selina reluctantly looks away from Trevor to look at Barbara. "If I've been pushing your buttons, Barbara, that's entirely between us... I couldn't say why, exactly, I need to get my hands on your... buttons... but if I didn't think you were a big girl who could handle it, I'd most likely stop. Or I'd be bored into stopping. My question to Trevor has nothing to do with you. I'm naughty... not vile."

Returning her attention to Trevor, Selina hesitates a moment, before putting her hand on his knee. "Back in the street... Barbara and I were both scared, but we knew who Wilson was. You shook hands with the man without hesitation, so you clearly had no idea... but the fear I could sense in you was quite intense. Were you influenced by the fear Barbara and I were feeling, perhaps? I am not trying to shame you. I..." Selina's perfect brow furrows for a moment as she pauses. "Well, I guess I want to help." She seems surprised.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:20 am

Chemist

Taken aback, Trevor looks at Selina. He starts to speak then hesitates as he chooses his words. I know fear intimately Miss Kyle. I walk along side it every day. That man had the eyes of a killer nothing less and your reactions to him were distressing to say the least. The fear just walked a little closer this afternoon.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:56 pm

Kristen Grimm

Next time I loose track could someone please stab me with a fork?

Kirsten looked around for a moment in absolute confusion as to why Madame Rouge should be so afraid. "Now come along. There shouldn't be any need for more violence. I wouldn't miss it, in fact, might be a little disappointed if you choose not to fight.. but you've lost. Its your choice on how tired and bloody you want to get on your way there." she crosses her blades before her face (edge outwards) "I haven't had enough fun yet."

Deception or Intimidation 1d20+5=21

Rouge is up.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room