Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 am

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

Barbara stared at Stephanie in surprise. She hissed at the girl. "Wait there!" Quickly she was at Selina's side. "Our Miss Stephanie has acquired the bag. We need to get Trevor out of there before they notice."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Chemist
HP 1

At the mention of out in the alley, Trevor tenses up slightly. If he finds Miss Gordon out there... After Captain Wilson left he slurred his words to the men he was drinking with. "Ah bugger it fellows I think I'm just going to grab an old bottle and drink at home. Like your boss said no use bringing ya down with stories you don't care to hear." Doffing his hat at the two he heads out the door. He tucks his head into his coat and starts shifting into McClintock's form, subtly bit by bit concentrating on the front portion of his body so the men he's leaving won't notice the change. As soon as he's got the door shut he morphs the rest of himself and turns and heads to the alley where Miss Gordon went.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Kristen Grimm

The young girl lept into the air, a thousand slashes towards the stretchy woman, only serving to do a little bit of clothing damage as they kept missing... As the car stopped its uncontrolled spin, Kirsten landed back down again in a three point crouch. Kirsten smirked down at Rogue, her eyes starting to bleed around the edges, a little shake of her head, "You really should learn to hang on better. Would be a shame to loose you this early in the game- prey."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Madame le Chat

Whirling on Barbara, Selina grabs her by the arm and gets nose to nose. "Run. Bloody well run... Just... run." Selina bodily hauls Barbara around, points in a direction away from that in which The Terminator has gone, and pushes.

Without any interest in giving Barbara an explanation, Selina sprints out to the front of the tavern. Briefly, she flails her arms around before shrieking "Dear lord! There's a bat in my hair!" She flails again for a second, before turning and running off in the direction she was urging Barbara to go.

Hope Trevor heard that, or we may have to pick up his pieces later...
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Chemist
HP 1

At Selina's words Trevor quickly smacks his head and turns casually walking in the direction Selina and Barbara are running. As he walks he subtly lengthens his nose and changes the color of his eyes. He then shrinks his ears just a little. He continues casually walking so as not to draw any attention and will meet up with the ladies when they stop running.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:00 am

London

Wilson walked down the street opposite the way the trio were retreating from the alleys, he did not look happy.

Soon enough they were out of sight and a safe distance from the bar. It was a corner by a warehouse where only an occasional stevedore walked by carrying large boxes and walking out free of his load. They were safe to catch their breath and collect their thoughts, sure that they had not been followed.

OOC: Feel free to exchange notes; there's still some actions to take as Deathstroke prowls...

Germany

The lorry rocked left and right until settling down, making it hard for Blackstone to concentrate on his magic, which he was sure to need very soon.

The rubbery assailant hissed at Kirsten's taunt and readied to pounce at the monster hunter.

OOC: I'll give roguescribner a free action on Blackstone's next turn, chalking it up to Blackstone focusing his magic. That said, Kirsten is up!

> Kirsten - -1
Madame Rouge - -1
Brunel - ok
Blackstone - ok
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 am

The Messenger

After a moment of stunned silence, Barbara moved off quickly, but not running, in the direction Selina pointed her. A couple minutes later, they were gathered some distance off, presumably safe from whatever caused the panic. She confronted Selina with her hands on her hips, her patience clearly nearing its breaking point. "All right then, what the bloody hell was that about?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Madame le Chat

Selina slows down and looks around. "We're not safe yet. We may never be safe." Selina slows her pace enough to actually allow conversation, instead of the top-speed hustle she forced the trio into earlier. She takes a deep breath and shudders.

"Trevor bloody shaking hands with the Grim Reaper is what it's all about. McClintock's contact wass Captain Slade Wilson. He's called the Terminator for a damn good reason. He's been murdering people for 30 years. He could probably kill a platoon of Buckingham Elites with a salad fork." Selina is obviously not faking her fright. "McClintock got a good look at Barbara, so she's marked. He probably got a good look at me, so I am too. There's no doubt that Wilson was able to get a good description out of McClintock, our only hope is that it took McClintock a while to find the right words. He's probably dead now, and his mates."

She stops and looks around. "Where's Stephanie? We need to get the Log off her, and she needs to not be seen with us. Bloody well won't be responsible for putting a child in harms way..."

Glancing about, perhaps looking for Stephanie, Selina spies a cat. She beckons to it and scratches its chin for a few seconds before it bounds away. <Hello, Scatter-Cat. My friends and I are trying to avoid a Nasty Tom. White hair, one eye, two-legged Death. Can you ask the round-tabbies if he's lurking? Don't underfoot him, mind... he's dreadful.>
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:05 pm

The Messenger

Barbara's eyes widened in surprise. "Are... are you sure if was him?" Everything she knew about Slade Wilson confirmed what Selina was saying. And it wasn't difficult to see how he would have gotten involved. "Let's keep moving. He can't know which way we went so we should be able to give him the slip."

Barbara looked around. She knew Stephanie was probably still following them. "Steph, get back to the manor. We'll meet you there."

Well-informed check (1d20 + 12=32) What did he have for breakfast? ;}
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Chemist
HP 1

Trevor is noticeably disturbed, sweat starts coming out of his pours. Not now, not here, don't do this. These people need you don't give in to the fear. Noticeably paler and for once not due to his morphing abilities he only nods while trying to keep down everything he's had today.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Kirsten Grimm
HP 1
Condition: -1

Ack! Sorry for not realizing that it was my turn! Blush!

Kirsten gazed upon the serpent before her with a thoughtful smile. The woman was a monster, surpassing her in every way (and not being in magical in nature made the job that much more difficult) and the young huntress wasn't quite sure what her new companions would be capable of when they joined the fight..

Kirsten danced towards the Rogue, cutting quickly and trying to establish some room, if she was lucky, even trying to get the other woman off of the car, though spinning wildly around didn't seem to do the job before..

Swords: 1d20+10=28, DC 20 if it hits.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 pm

London

As the trio conferred, a stray cat caught Selina's eyes.

Slight warning, but lack of worry. Stretch and lick. Big bad Tom is near, but fear not, already after yellow mouse.

As the meaning of the cat's impression sank, it was confirmed by a frightened shriek coming from the street. They had barely enough time to see Stephanie running as if the Devil himself was after her, and it might as well, for a fraction of a second later, Wilson crossed their field of view after her.

Despite her reflexes and street savvy, Stephanie quickly lost ground and just before rounding the corner and disappearing from the view of the three investigators, he caught hold of her flailing longcoat and pulled her down and, in a couple of quick movements, he had trapped her in an inescapable hold.

"Ow! Ow! Lemme go!"

"What were you doing with that man, girl?!"

"Nothin', I swear!" The young girl cried. There were some passers-by, but a quick look at Wilson convinced them that it was not worth their time and bodily integrity to intervene.

"Answer me, what were you doing with that man?" Wilson asked, cold and harsh.

"Nothin'! I tole you! Yer hurtin' me!"

"I'm not hurting you child." Wilson hissed. "THIS is hurting you."

There was a horrible, wet snap and the blonde cried in genuine agony. When he let go partially, her arm was bending at the elbow in a terribly wrong way.

"I was jus' lookin' for money!!!" The girl sobbed, holding her dislocated arm.

"Was there a bag with him?"

"No! I s-swear! Ah... I was not the first! A chinaman took somethin' before I got to 'im...!"

"Describe him!"

"I dunno! They all l-look the same!"

There was a tense silence and the one-eyed man finally released her. Stephanie slumped to the ground. In an odd turn of events, he knelt beside her and stuffed some bills inside one of her pockets.

"It's only dislocated. Go to a hospital to get it set back properly." He said, his tone neutral. Then he turned back and walked briskly towards the trio and past them, back towards the place where they'd left McClintock, no doubt.

Stephanie was still on the ground, sobbing. The streetwalkers resumed their respective ways, the street urchin and her pain fading back into the background of their urbane lives.

OOC: The London team gets a HP each for having to watch the cinematic without intervening :), it includes Trevor's Complication for being scared out of his wits by the walking death machine that is Deathstroke

Germany

Madame Rouge was surprised by Kirsten's lighting fast strikes, and the monster hunter felt her attack bite flesh, but it was as if she had scratched a tire, for he blades met rubbery resistance and bounced off the villain's skin.

"Je are good, mon petit." She smirked, twisting her waist to a degree impossible for a normal human being. "But are je good enough?!"

And with that she uncoiled, her arms whipping about and hitting Kirsten square on the neck and side, seeking to once more wrap around her into a constricting hold.

OOC: Just FYI, Spectrum... you're fighting some feet away from the truck already; the screeching halt sent both Kirsten and Rouge flying. Madame Rouge's Toughness check (1d20+6-1=20), barely made it! No further damage. She retaliates; Madame Rouge's unarmed attack roll (1d20+10=23), a hit, so that's Toughness DC 21 for damage, and a Strength check DC 13 to resist the Fast Grab.

Brunel is up!

Kirsten - -1
Madame Rouge - -1 (and Regenerating; next turn it's back to ok)
> Brunel - ok
Blackstone - ok (free action available)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Kirsten Grimm
HP 1, Condition: -1

Kirsten winced as the Madame reached out and enveloped her in a warm embrace, "Madame! I do not care to dance!" and then pauses, looking, really looking into Rogue's eyes, becoming hypnotized as a serpent. She tried to look away, tried to think of deliberately unsexy thoughts.. like the Queen Victoria..

vs Dmg 1d20+7-1=22 vs DC 21whiff
vs grab- 1d20+1=11 vs 13 uh oh

Calling on my attraction for bad boys as a complication..
Will save 1d20+6=26 I hope that Rogue isn't /really/ stunningly sexy.. and French!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:45 pm

The Messenger

"Oh no..." Barbara could only watch, stunned at what was happening. Wilson's exit broke the spell and she rushed to the girl's side. "Stephanie! Are you all right? Sit still for a minute and let me have a look at that." She glanced back over her shoulder for a moment. "Trevor, find a cab and hurry."

Spending a HP on Beginner's Luck to gain 5 ranks of Treatment. Lacking any sort of medical kit, I'll end up with a -5 on the check.
Treatment check (1d20 +8 -5=13) Whew. Should be good for the Diagnose function of Treatment.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

London

"Ah-ah! Careful!" Stephanie winced as Barbara examined her. It was awful to look at, but the skin was not broken. Wilson had been right, the arm was pulled out of its usual moorings, but there was no damage to the ligaments or muscle. If the bone was set back right, Stephanie would not suffer any lasting damage.

"Ye... said to stay put..." The girl smiled weakly, the path of tears clear against her smudged face. "But ye left that bugger there, so I was goin'a hide him. Managed to pick the manacles before that... ow-ow-OW! bloke found me..."
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room