Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Chemist
HP 1

Trevor shrugs, "It's really nothing to me but I'm thirsty and you two look like betting men. I'll bet you the cost of my drinks versus each of yours that I can drink you both under the table." With that he takes a large swig of the swill they call beer here. "Anyone up for whiskey after these?"

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Macguffin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:25 am

Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Brunel would have been driving.
Perception: 1d20+6=8
Eyes on the road apparently....

Presumably Heinz's action calls for a vehicles roll.
Vehicles 1d20+2=3
Hrm... possibly eyes not on the road all that well then.

Initiative 1d20+1=21
Heh, you and me Blackstone.

It had been my hope to use conversation to break through a ruse before this point... ah well.


A surprised Brunel nearly spits out his cigar as Heinz transforms and grasps the wheel.
User avatar
Macguffin
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:06 am

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:45 am

London

Selina and Barbara left the poor customs officer in the alley, and as Barbara had predicted, they heard two skysailors walking by make fun of the "passed out drunkard".

Back at the bar, the two hardened sailors looked at Trevor and his drinks.

"Let's do one thing..." One of them said slowly, pushing all the glasses back at Trevor. "Why don't you drink it all?"

Trevor realized these goons were onto him, but probably suspected that he had put something in the drinks, oblivious to his abilities. However, one thing they didn't see that he did, was the slender, grimy hand slowly reaching for McClintock's bag from behind a pillar and some barrels...

OOC: Goons know Trevor is up to no good, but draw the wrong conclusion with the information they have.
Goons' Insight (1d20+3=23), Goons' Perception (1d20+2=11)


Germany

The elongated arm shot past Brunel as the German officer's skin and clothes melted and reformed into an attractive, if frightfully cold woman with chin-length black hair and a blue riding suit.

"Ze Brotherhood of Evil will have the Philosopher's Engine!" The woman cackled as she wrested control of the wheel to drive the lorry into Kirsten.

OOC: Madame Rouge's Vehicle roll (1d20+6=14)

Initiative order:
Kirsten 27
Madame Rouge 23
Brunel 21
Blackstone 20

Kirsten goes first, and that's why she knows Madame Rouge intends to run her over; she gets to do something about it :)
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:53 am

Madame le Chat

Selina shrugs herself back into her coat, and rearranges her tools of the trade so they're less obvious. "From the last look I had, it looked to me like Trevor planned to drink them under the table and take the bag. He might be a while... we should still get McClintock out of sight."

Arching an eyebrow at Barbara, and spinning her metal manacles around on a finger she asks, perhaps coyly. "You want me to restrain him? How about you?"
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 am

Chemist
HP 1

"Ah wanna get me started first, only seems fair as you all have been drinking all ready." Trevor downs all three glasses quickly. "I believe its your choice as to the next round. Whatever you care to order." Trevor keeps a close eye on the grubby hand taking the parcel. After all it may be easier to get it off this individual than the two hard eyed idiots.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 pm

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

Madame le Chat wrote:"You want me to restrain him? How about you?"

"Yeah, we should. Gag him too." Barbara pointed at the customs official and stepped back to give Selina room to work. "I'm sure you have more experience tying men up than I do."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Kirsten Grimm

Kristen blinks a few times as she leaps back up into the air, coming down hard on top of the car over the mysterious shapechanging French woman (hint hint)

Acrobatics required for leaping: mastetery 10+ acrobatics 10= 20


The twin slaying blades pierce through the top of the car over the woman, trying to go through the hardtop down at her.
1d20+10=26 does not include penalties for concealment (if any) DC 20 if it hits
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Madame le Chat

Selina smirked briefly, now who was being coy? Nevertheless, she wrestled McClintock into position and snapped her manacles onto him. "Alright then, mind our little pigeon, I'll go see how Trevor's managing."

With that, Selina returns to her vantage by the window of the pub.
Perception (1d20+3=9) Doesn't look like Selina sees Stephanie.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:03 pm

London

"As long as you're buying." One of the two said and called for the bored barman, who was trying to stay out of their business.

After securing McClintock and putting him out of sight, Selina saw through the window that things were going more or less as planned. Trevor was busy outdrinking the two sailors, among hostile looks mostly from their end.

Everything fine, except that McClintock's bag was nowhere to be seen.

Selina didn't have time to look for it before there was a new arrival. A tall, lean but very muscular man, he had white hair and goatee despite looking to be more in his forties, or maybe he just had aged very well, with a rough and hard-edged handsomeness. The black patch covering a missing eye only enhanced his ruggedness.

"There you are, you pair of idiots." The man said, standing by the table and positively looming over Trevor.

"C-captain!!" The two sailors stood up very quickly and very sharply.

"Where's... our friend?" The newcomer said, not taking his eye from Trevor. His accent was very indeterminate, the inflections of a man who has seen the world, and lived to tell about it.

"He... ah... left with a redhead..."

The man narrowed his eye.

"Captain Slade Wilson of the Ravager." He extended a hand towards Trevor. "And you are...?"

Germany

The blades came through the roof as a surprise to everyone, even the ductile villainess, who couldn't quite manage to flow out of the way and took a very nasty scratch.

"You will pay for that!" She screamed and just... flowed out of the window, leaving the wheel back under Brunel's control.

Kirsten was joined by the undulating form that quickly solidified to launch an attack of her own, a roundhouse punch that connected heavily and tried to follow through, the arm encircling the monster hunter like a snake.

Madame Rouge's Toughness (1d20+6=9). Spectrum gains a HP due to Madame Rouge's Toughness reroll (1d20+6=7). Well, at least that gets a +10, so Madame Rouge is at -1.

Madame Rouge's unarmed attack (1d20+10=27). Kirsten needs to make a Toughness check DC 21, and then a Strength check DC 13 as Rouge attempts to grapple with Fast Grab.

Surprise round is over. After the appropriate resistance checks, it's Kirsten's turn again.

Kirsten - ok
Madame Rouge - -1
Brunel - ok
Blackstone - ok
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Kirsten Grimm
Hp 2-> 1
Condition: -1

Kirsten gasps out as the serpentine baroness twists around through the air, just barely grazing the huntress with the tip of her toe. "I'll have to learn that trick sometime.."

Toughness 1d20+7=8 HP again for reroll 1d20+7=20

Str vs grapple 1d20+1=19


The huntress dodged to the side, trying to put some space between the baroness and herself.. not that there was much room to retreat, but maybe, just maybe she could find an advantage.
Agile Faint as a move action (-5 calculated in): 1d20+5=17


She nearly looses her balance along the way, perhaps the baroness would follow in with the opportunity. She twists low, shifting her low center of balance from one hip and to the other as she twists, bringing her twin blades up in a scissor across the other woman's thigh.
Attack roll: 1d20+10=18 DC 19 if it hits. Also, adding note to ooc board.
Last edited by Spectrum on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Germany

Madame Rouge grins manically at Kirsten's antics, and suddenly her ankle is not in the way of the blades, despite the feet remaining firmly in place.

"Mon petit, you think you can fool me so easily?" Her neck elongated so that she almost licks Kirsten's nose, her arm coming below in an uppercut but just fanning the space between them, much to her frustration and annoyance.

In the cabin, without the presence of the freak woman, Brunel takes back control of the vehicle as the footsteps of combat thud above his and Blackstone's heads.

Madame Rouge's Insight (1d20+4=24); she sees through the Feint, which means the attack misses her Parry.
Madame Rouge's unarmed attack (1d20+10=12)
Misses by a mile ^^.

Brunel's up.

Kirsten - -1
Madame Rouge - -1
>Brunel - ok
Blackstone - ok
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Chemist

Trevor shakes the man's hand with a firm grip. "I'm Trevor, Trevor Heinsworth. I was just inviting your sailors to a drinking contest. Would you care to sit in as well? I'm afraid I've had a perfectly rotten day and could use some company getting thoroughly forgetful of today's events.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Macguffin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Isambard Kingdom Brunel


Brunel attempts to bring the vehicle to a stop so he can dive into the safety of his Steel Man.
Vehicles 1d20+2=6
Rolled like crap though.
User avatar
Macguffin
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:06 am

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Madame le Chat

After leaving Barbara, Selina returned to her vantage point and peered through the window. Oh for... what now? Who's this then? In the time it took to run down McClintock, knacker him, fluster Babs, and get back... hardly a minute, some white haired bloke was up in Trevor's business.

Selina felt herself tense up when she noted the newcomer's eye-patch. "Oh... bugger."
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 pm

London

"So early in the day and it's already rotten for you?" The handshake was firm, the smirk was cold and curved like a gutting knife. "You must lead an interesting life. That I don't care to hear."

His attention forgot about Trevor and focused on his underlings. "You two... where did our friend go?"

"Ah... uh... outside... down by the alleys... I think..."

The man grunted and, without any further word, left the bar.

Outside, all sorts of bells were sounding in Selina's head. Previously, things had just seemed like a game, but the presence of this particular man meant things could get very serious, very quickly. Captain Slade Wilson; one of the truly skilled sea captains remaining in the air of clockwork compasses and airships, mercenary who had served infamously for many of Europe's armies, and his actual place of birth had been erased by his own infamy. Notorious pirate, smuggler, artillerist, swordsman... if there was a way that a man's life could be brought to early term, he was an expert in it. He was not called "The Terminator" out of a fancy with words.

Further away, Barbara was waiting nervously, and then a short hiss drew her attention. In the alley's corner, just peeking, a dirty blonde girl was waving at her. She was holding to her chest a messenger's bag that Barbara could have sworn she had just seen McClintock leave in the care of his fellows.

Germany

The vehicle skidded out of control as Brunel tried to stop it. It did stop, certainly, but not after turning a couple of times, screeching rubber against solidified tar. Madame Rouge lost her footing on the roof of the cabin, and went sailing into the air; however, her entire body seemed to suck into itself and pop back out in the position required to land into a crouch.

OOC: Brunel lost his turn keeping the lorry from turning over. I'll set the difficulty of Kirsten's and Rouge's Acrobatics checks to 15 + (15 - 6, Brunel's result), so DC 24. Madame Rouge's Acrobatics (1d20+12=28). She lands on her feet. If Kirsten fails, she must make a Toughness check DC for damage 16 and is prone.

Blackstone is up.

Kirsten - -1
Madame Rouge - -1
Brunel - ok
> Blackstone - ok
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests