Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat Ch.2: Altitude Sickness [IC, Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat Ch.1: Dark Knighthood [IC]

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:17 pm

London

"I thought you were in a hurry, love." McClintock guffawed, his breath stinking of cheap alcohol and equally cheap tobacco. "You have a place 'round here? I ain't payin' no hotel, red; you're the one with the burning in the legs..."

The other two men at the table laughed, and the looks they gave Barbara made her want to have a long bath, probably in something caustic.

Stuttgart, Germany

With the crash site exhausted, the Steel Man was again loaded onto the lorry while Johann and Kleinstrasse lef in the other car. Heinz, the officer who remained, helped little in the loading operations. He seemed more intent on studying the Englishmen, and remained silent unless directly addressed.

It was a tighter fit in the cabin with two additional passengers, and Heinz gave a couple of curt directions back toward the city.

An hour into the road, Kirsten had the nagging suspicion that they had taken a detour. The new flat roads where usually laid on top of more traditional roadways, but the civil engineers of the united German government had traced new ways that were deemed more efficient. They might have taken one of those...

OOC: All the Germany party may roll whatever they thing it's appropriate to know their bearings and notice if something is amiss. Insight counts as well against Heinz's directions, but it's a lot, LOT harder to read the stone-faced Deutsche man than the road.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:42 pm

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

"A lady has to have some privacy." Barbara put her hand on the official's scruffy cheek. "Otherwise, your friends will be wanting a turn too." She leaned close to him and spoke in a hushed hone. "And you won't want to share what I've got in store for you." As they spoke, she pulled him in the direction of the exit. "Don't worry. We won't have far to go."

Barbara kept her mind on the job. She could vomit later, once they had the log book.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Macguffin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 am

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
"You know," says the old man past his cigar, "it's been a long time since I was out of my house, much less London. Anything you care to recommend we see in town Heinz? Something that sparks your national pride?"

Based on his background as a civil engineer, Brunel could theoretically piece together something being wrong with the roads. If that is the case he takes 10 with Skill Mastery for a result of 25.

Failing that, here is a perception roll: 1d20+6=20

Brunel does not in fact trust Heinz, since he is a low level bureaucrat at best, someone they just met, and possibly some kind of plant.
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Chemist
HP 1

As McClintock and Miss Gordon leave, Trevor orders three drinks and wanders on over to the table with the other men. "Whooo, what a day what a day. I swear I could drink about the whole bar dry, how about you fellows?" He says sitting drinks in front of them. "Look's like your friend's gonna have a good time, something about them red heads, you know what I mean?"
Last edited by sweetja713 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Madame le Chat

Peering through the window, Selina can see Trevor taking decisive action to acquire the bag. With alcohol. Well, everyone has their own way of doing things... Meanwhile, the concern was to get Barbara extricated from McClintock... and maybe just maybe take McClintock into their control.

Le Chat turned and went down the alley that the doorway Barbara and McClintock went through should lead to. She wanted to move quickly, so that Chemist wasn't without backup for long. Seeing Barbara and the odious dockmaster in the alley, Selina quickened her steps to catch up.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Kirsten Grimm

Kirsten gazed thoughtfully over the road before them. <<This way is new, isn't it? Perhaps one of the newly engineered roadways?>> She brought back her cloak from around her head as she looks around, trying to get a better sense of the geography. She'd been here once or twice, well, this general area before, but it wasn't as if she was intimately familiar with it.

Not sure if I horribly misbuilt this character or typical IC love?
Perception: 1d20+4=11
Investigation: 1d20+7=9

Her legs began to twitch, "Gentlemen, keep each other company for a moment, I need to stretch my legs." and so she opened the car door and quite simply hopped out- ending up about 20 feet from the car and began to keep pace, springing and striding from point to point. Quite likely due to the environment completely disappearing from view once or twice.. seeming to fade her way into the gloom. Though twin malicious looking blades appear into her hands as she continues to bounce.

Up to 250 miles per hour- she's going to keep pace with the car in a big general circle around it keeping watch.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby roguescribner » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Blackstone
HP: 0
Condition: Fine

The lorry was quite cramped with the addition of Grimm and Heinz. After a few moments of polite conversation, Blackstone retreated into his mind. He required an investigative aid, and chastised himself for not thinking to create one before arriving in Germany.

In the background, Blackstone heard trace pieces of a conversation Brunel was having with Heinz. Grimm hopping out of the moving lorry momentarily broke his concentration, but then he returned to his thoughts. He was quite keen on an idea for a magically infused ocular. By the time they reached their destination, he should have the plans all worked out.

OOC wrote:To read Heinz: insight (1d20+10=12)
To notice something odd about the roadways: perception (1d20+7=8)

What is that you say? Something amiss? Where? ...

My excuse: Blackstone is working on the design of Ocular of Truth! (see my character sheet) Routine check for design phase, it should take 2 hours to design, 8 hours to construct, so it won't be useful today, but perhaps tomorrow...?
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 am

"Gender Traitor!!!"

Seeing Barbara and McClintock nearing the end of the alley, Madame le Chat shouts out to keep them in view. When Barbara turns in apparent confusion, stopping their progress, Selina keeps up the act.

"You... you... hussy! Betraying our sisterhood to take up with a man!" Her tone clearly indicates that in her eyes "man" is probably a worse insult than "hussy," but she spits as she says it for emphasis. She stomps up to the two apparent tryst-bound pedestrians, pointing an angry finger all the while. "Do I not work my fingers to the bone to satisfy your lusts?! Did I not pleasure you till my jaw ached just this last night?! And still... Still I find you by the docks, trolling for illicit... penis." She spits again. By now she is quite close to the couple, a proximity that some would call "striking distance."

Selina spares a glare for McClintock. "You filthy men... you and your stupid men penises." She turns back to Barbara. "I'll take you over my knee, trollop! When I get you home, your round apple bottom will be red as..." Whirling she drives her knee into McClintock's groin... hard.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 am

London

The men in the bar look up and down Trevor in what may be how sharks look at potential prey, if sharks had any malice in their cartilage. They look at the drinks he set down with suspicion and then back at him with no little disdain.

"What's it to you, lubber?" One of them manages not to spit.

Back in the alley, Selina takes McClintock by surprise, and he barely has time to start raising a finger in objection when the world becomes pain. Excruciating pain. Pain only dreamed off in a coward's worst-case scenario. A sadist would cringe at the idea of such pain.

There is only a small whimper, like a deflating balloon, and McClintock collapses in blessed unconsciousness. It's a busy hour of the morning, which means probably nobody heard, but it also meant somebody was bound to wander by at any moment.

OOC: Trevor, you need to start winning the unfriendly crowd... Deception or Persuasion will work, or anything you can think off. Also, an unrelated Perception roll, please, DC 20 as a certain someone's Skill Mastery allows to take 10 on Stealth...
As for poor McClintock: McClintock's Toughness (1d20+3=4). He's out.

Germany

Heinz is a lousy conversationalist, his broken English compounded by an unwillingness to make any effort at all, so small talk remains microscopical, limited to directions when it's time to take or ignore side roads.

At least Kirsten is breathing fresh air as she runs along, and sometimes past the car. The road is unfamiliar and not the one she took to arrive to the crash site, but she's unfamiliar with the new roads so for all she knows they are taking an alternate route.

It's not until a full hour later that she realizes how "alternate" it is, as she runs ahead of the lorry and sees one of the new road signs. They are heading away from Stuttgart! They are even not that far from the border to France!

OOC: You've all been had by Invisible Castle ^^;;
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Kirsten Grimm

Kristen gasps when she sees the sign and swings back towards the car with a huge grin on her sunny face. Bonjour, Mssr Heinz. Do you have anything to declare as we so quickly approach the French border?" both blades *snick* through the air as she runs alongside the car, ready to dodge if the nice official is determined to pull over into her, "I've wanted to see the French country side, but not quite today, thank you."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Germany

The officer made the first identifiable expression of emotion when Kirsten called out to him. It was a strange maniacal mix of perverse glee and frustration.

"Took you long enough!" He said as he reached for the wheel. There were two very wrong things with this. The first one was that the voice was decidedly female, and with a very marked French accent. The other was that his (or her?) arm had grown longer than a normal human's arm, with a disgustingly rubbery quality.

OOC: "Heinz" is not at the wheel; I had assume it's Brunel, or if not, a nameless contractor. Now "Heinz" is going on the offensive, so Brunel and Blackstone need to make a Perception check DC 15 or be surprised. Everyone roll initiative nonetheless, but those surprised don't get to act the first round.

"Heinz"'s initiative (1d20+6=23)

A HP if you guess who "Heinz" is ;)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Kristen Grimm
HP: 1

Kirsten gasps in shock, nearly loosing her feet out from under her as she tries to recognize the woman. With a curse and a shake of her head, "*&^%&! Still no magic!" She shifts herself in her running, turning a hard look at the driver who lead them so astray as well.

Expertise: Occult: 1d20+8=18
Init: 1d20+8=27

And realizing that Coyo didn't post Kirsten to the front page so I had to go hunting.
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Madame le Chat

Graciously, Selina allows McClintock to collapse into her arms, and holds him up. She pats him on the head. Meeting Barbara's gaze, she says conversationally, "look what you made me do. You know I get jealous."

"We need to get lover-boy here off the street before someone asks me where I got him." She is busy pulling off her coat to reveal her working clothes. "I can get him to the roof, and if I absolutely had to get him back to the Guild, but hauling a fat bastard across the rooftops will be bollocks."

"I might need" she pauses to lick her lips in a sensual way, "compensation."

Unless Barbara has a better idea, Selina will manacle McClintock's hands, and then strap him to her shoulders (facing away from her) with his belt.
With a Str of 2, Selina can haul 200 pounds as a normal load. Doing that, while traveling her typical way (Swinging using a Whip) will probably be pretty damn taxing.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:21 pm

The Messenger
HP: 1 LP: 0

Barbara's blush nearly matched her hair. Selina was pushing buttons she didn't know existed and it felt very unpleasant. "I... I don't think that will be necessary." She looked down at the unconscious man. "Worst case, he looks like a drunk and we say he got pushy." She paused and looked around, for someplace to drop him. "If the log has what we need, we won't even have to question him." And Barbara hoped again hope it wouldn't come to that. "If someone sees you lifting him to the roof, that will be a lot harder to explain."

"I saw Trevor approaching his table. He must have an idea. Why don't you have a look and see how he's doing while I watch over McClintock? If anyone comes by, I'll tell them I've already called for help."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Blackstone
HP: 0
Condition: Fine

OOC wrote:perception (1d20+7=10)
Invisible Castle really doesn't like me...

Initiative: 1d20=20

Of course! :roll:
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room