Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Incarnation (3e PL10 OOC - recruiting 2-3 new players)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Incarnation (3e PL10 OOC)

Postby baixiwei » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok, good to go for round 2 then.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Guys, we should totally gang up on one of the baddies and beat them senseless. Who's it going to be? :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:33 am

I was thinking that same precise thing.

My vote is for Typhon. Thor can keep Echidna busy (or die trying) and when she comes back up, we'll spank her too.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 am

definitely typhon first. then we can hope echidna comes back to the surface and we don't have to try pursuing her into the depths...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby baixiwei » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 am

I'm going to try a new thing where I post resolutions OOC in real time, but wait until the end of the round to post IC. Maybe that will help y'all make decisions contingent on outcomes.

Paramour's Affliction might be considered poison in which case Typhon would be immune, but anyway I rolled the Fort save and he succeeded, so no effect. Next up is Sun Wukong, then Echidna.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:58 am

baixiwei wrote:Paramour's Affliction might be considered poison

Uh...

No?

There is nothing even vaguely poison-like about this effect.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Ah, ok, I thought it was plant based airborne toxin, hence the save vs fort instead of will? Sorry, anyway, I did roll the save.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 pm

The effect stimulates physiological pleasure centers, at the will of the Incarnation of (erotic) Love.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 pm

OK, sounds good.

Here's the round so far. Amaterasu is next.

• 22 Paramour (injured 1) - affliction vs Typhon, Fort save succeeds.
  • 21 Sun Wukong and Dupe - both attacks hit Typhon, but pass through him without effect due to his Wind Body (Insubstantial 2).
  • 17 Echidna - first, just being in Grab with Thor applies her Weaken Sta to him again. He fails Fort by 5 (including penalty from already lost Sta), so he's now at -11 points, i.e. -5.5 Sta. Rather than inflicting Strength damage for free, she'll let up with one arm and use it to PA for 2, hits for DC31 damage. With existing penalties from Rot, Thor fails Toughness by 3 degrees and is Staggered (Dazed and Hindered) and Injured -1. However, Thor wins the Str check to avoid being dragged deeper.
  • 12 Amaterasu is up.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 am

The round so far. Legba is up.

I realized I made a mistake with Sun Wukong's action - the attacks should have missed so I shouldn't have revealed the Insubstantial. Oh well.

• 21 Sun Wukong and Dupe - both attacks miss.
  • 17 Echidna (injured 1) - first, just being in Grab with Thor applies her Weaken Sta to him again. He fails Fort by 5 (including penalty from already lost Sta), so he's now at -11 points, i.e. -5.5 Sta. Rather than inflicting Strength damage for free, she'll let up with one arm and use it to PA for 2, hits for DC31 damage. With existing penalties from Rot, Thor fails Toughness by 15 and is Staggered (Dazed and Hindered). However, Thor wins the Str check to avoid being dragged deeper.
  • 12 Amaterasu blasts Typhon and hits. It's actually a critical so DC is 30. He fails by 3 and takes an injury.
  • 11 Thor (-5.5 Sta, Staggered - Dazed and Hindered) - again tries to escape Grab, this time succeeds, but cannot take a Move action because he's Dazed. Fails Fort check to overcome the Progressive Weaken Sta, then fails resistance by 6, so he's now at -13 points (-6.5 Sta), which is the max this effect can achieve.
  • 9 Legba is up
  • 6 Typhon (injured 1) is next

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:01 am

Aha. Well, I will probably be a good sport and pretend I don't know that until I land a hit.

Come to think of it, this build doesn't have anything but damage. Which was no problem for the real Sun Wukong, since he was so overpowered (and had plenty of friends in high places), but Vicky's in trouble. :D
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby baixiwei » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 am

Ysariel wrote:Aha. Well, I will probably be a good sport and pretend I don't know that until I land a hit.

Come to think of it, this build doesn't have anything but damage. Which was no problem for the real Sun Wukong, since he was so overpowered (and had plenty of friends in high places), but Vicky's in trouble. :D

Social skills?

Power stunts?

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 am

Thanks for reminding me! I don't think Wukong has a high enough Deception to taunt successfully but I still have Inspire and a HP in store. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby baixiwei » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 am

Need a toughness save from Vicky's dupe, and then I'll summarize the round. S**t, I also forgot about Typhon's partial concealment miss chance. OK, I'll remember it from now on.

• 21 Sun Wukong and Dupe - both attacks miss.
  • 17 Echidna (injured 1) - first, just being in Grab with Thor applies her Weaken Sta to him again. He fails Fort by 5 (including penalty from already lost Sta), so he's now at -11 points, i.e. -5.5 Sta. Rather than inflicting Strength damage for free, she'll let up with one arm and use it to PA for 2, hits for DC31 damage. With existing penalties from Rot, Thor fails Toughness by 15 and is Staggered (Dazed and Hindered). However, Thor wins the Str check to avoid being dragged deeper.
  • 12 Amaterasu blasts Typhon and hits. It's actually a critical so DC is 30. He fails by 3 and takes an injury.
  • 11 Thor (-5.5 Sta, Staggered - Dazed and Hindered) - again tries to escape Grab, this time succeeds, but cannot take a Move action because he's Dazed. Fails Fort check to overcome the Progressive Weaken Sta, then fails resistance by 6, so he's now at -13 points (-6.5 Sta), which is the max this effect can achieve.
  • 9 Legba mind blasts, Typhon fails by 6, Dazed and Injured again
  • 6 Typhon (injured 2) is next. Uses Move Object to pick up the entire ship and slap Vicky with it, dumping Legba and Paramour out in the process. Attack hits - the Dupe. Dupe needs a Toughness save DC 33.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room