Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Incarnation (3e PL10 OOC - recruiting 2-3 new players)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Incarnation (3e PL10 OOC)

Postby Ysariel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:25 am

is Legba still in combat? The narrative strongly hinted he was, just making sure.
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am

Ysariel. the Area/Distance/Time/Weight/Etc. chart is on page 11.

I imagine incapacitating the Dragon with an Affliction would make it revert to human; I guess Paramour will continue working on that until it does. Can we resolve out of combat? I imagine she could also use her Persuade to reduce it's will save, in the same way a Demoralize works ("Who's my sexy lizard? Yes, you are! Ooooh, I can see your nictating membrane... nictate.")
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Let's see ...

Yeah, I guess you're right that Legba is still in combat. My intention was that you'd have at least a few minutes before the wave of sea monsters became an urgent problem, and they are (as now becomes apparent) so numerous that attacking them one by one may make little difference, so Legba may feel free to disengage if he likes, but as long as he's on the beach zapping them I'll keep him (and anyone who joins him) in combat time.

Vicky was looking for the other human bodies that should be floating around - actually, they were already picked up by War Prince, see above. You guys have one here, he picked up two, and there are still two intact dragons making five total.

Pacifying the dragon out of combat is fine. Lord Fell, you can go ahead and describe that as you wish. If the dragon becomes unconscious, it will revert.

In case it wasn't clear, the sea monster zapped by Legba did *not* revert to human.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 pm

New plan.

Legba has a Sea Monster problem, Paramour has a Dragon problem. Let's see of they're miscible. :twisted:
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 am

Lord Fell: Thanks! I was looking for a table like the one in the 2e book. I didn't realize they folded it into the progression table.

baixiwei: Thanks for the clarification. :) I must've missed War Prince coming back for more dragons - I only remember him picking up the first floating body in the see. I edited my post to correct it, Vicky's now shouting that they have to find a way to make the other dragons revert.
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby baixiwei » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm

I'll wait another day or so to see if we can get posts from Thor and / or Legba before I update IC.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 pm

With Create 10, would it be possible to build a wall large/high enough to keep the sea monsters contained at the shore?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 am

I have create 4 too. Wonder if there's a way to combine both powers... :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:57 pm

With a complimentary power (Create 4) you should be able to Assist, and boost Paramour's create up to PL11.

Just looking at some numbers... PL11 create can do 2000 cubic feet, up to a maximum of 4000 cubic feet (which is a PL12 effect). Since this is an assisted Create, probably the low end of the effect. Let's do some math... If an 8' wall would actually impede a Sea Monster, and I make the wall 1/8th of a foot thick (1.5") then I can make a wall about 2000 feet long. I guess there's no real law that says the wall I make has to be thick to qualify as being PL11 Toughness -it just is. I don't really know that that's going to be enough to block the Sea Monsters -either in the Height of the Wall, nor the Length covered. Excuse my Metric... that's what, a third of a Mile?

I'm also, currently working with a borrowed Extra (Continuous). I'm probably going to burn my other HP to keep that going for as long as it takes to go find the "source" of the disasters?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:39 am

Wukong doesn't have any extended senses. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm actually not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that line where Vicky talks about evacuation. :shock: I think I was trying to reference what Paramour said about her telling the citizens to escape or find cover.

It's tempting to edit but baixiwei already addressed it so I guess I'll let the mistake stand. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm

I think that might have been partly Wishful Thinking on Paramour's part. She was the one who referenced evacuation... really she just advised people to get shelter from the storm and is just hoping that this will make them less accessible to monsters.

Taking a closer look at my character sheet, the only power that Paramour has that comes to mind as being the one Baxiwei is thinking of is her ability to communicate with plants. Is their seaweed in the ocean? In an ocean floor crevice?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 pm

That was what I had in mind. I'm sure Paramour knows the details better than me, but there are undoubtedly shitloads of plants in the ocean. Things like algae count, right? Perhaps less or none in the very deep ocean, though.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 pm

I apologize for the slow posting. I tend to post for Incarnation last since this thread takes more thought. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby baixiwei » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Amaterasu and Thor, are you with us? If this goes to a fight, which is what it looks like now, it will be a very hard one even with all of you and most likely impossible with two of you missing (and I'd rather not NPC almost half the group). If you're here, could you please post initiative?

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room