Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (OOC) *Finished*

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (OOC)

Postby SDarkshine » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Go figure, Spartan, :lol:

Rather charge into the fray than sneak in with the bonus of holding on to a female...

Wonderful personality act!
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:35 pm

I hope you guys are enjoying the look and feel of my villain.

If you've done the math, you know he's PL10, so he's going to take some beating on to bring down. He's also not going to pull any punches...
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am

You guys can also post your actions now.

...I just asked you not to previously, as Dr. Zero had a crap roll for initiative, but was going to Seize it. It doesn't matter too much what order you post in, as he's gone and you all get to go before he goes again.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby SDarkshine » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Hmmm...
Lord Fell wrote:GM Post
Deje, to Daze you'd need to break concealment. Your character has no particular Assessment skill to look for or find weaknesses, and there's no "called shot" type of maneuver in M&M3e that would make seeing any additional "human parts" on Dr. Zero mechanically advantageous. That's the bad news.
The good news, is that your illusions are Independent. You can still act this round. I'll give you some time to Act. I'm going to turn over giving advice to your fellow players.
Dr. Zero; disbelieving illusions: L'Char, Wildfire, Deje, Matrix (-2 Demoralized) (1d20+10=15, 1d20+10=12, 1d20+10=14, 1d20+10=30)
You didn't state what Matrix's illusion was doing, but that's OK... Dr. Zero sees through it.

...uh oh, how am I going to act now? I certainly can't have Deje tackle Dr. Zero, now can I :lol: ?

I do have an idea, though. I was wondering, is it possible for me to switch my illusions of L'Char, Wildfire, and Deje from standard Illusion into an Illusory Attack? I was thinking of scaring the crap out of Dr. Zero by having my illusions glare at him, then zoom right into him - either turning them into some sort of vicious gaseous stuff before 'smashing' into him, or leaving them as they are as they super-tackle him.

Now, I'm not 100% certain how rotating from one power into the alternate works, despite me reading the rulebook over and over again. Any statements from you on this, Lord Fell?

By the way, would Deje's Skill Mastery (Deception) be useful in this combat?
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 pm

In retrospect, Deje is pretty limited in what she can do right now.

You can do an illusionary attack, but as you observed, you'd have to drop your illusions to do so, and they may well prove useful for another round or three.

Because Deje is Dazed, she can't both move and attack... and here I'm thinking physically.

SDarkshine wrote:By the way, would Deje's Skill Mastery (Deception) be useful in this combat?

In conjunction with a Daze, yes or Setup if you have it. Distracting Dr. Zero so your team can stand a better shot of hitting with a Power Attack is a good example.

On a different note, I think this is your first game on ATT, and maybe your first PbP? I like that I was able to take a rookie player and give you some play experience. On a continuing note... I think it would be negligent of me not to offer suggestions. Now, despite Bladewind's assertion that I'm actually a nice guy, I'm actually really mean; I just pretend to be nice to you because you're a noobie. But, I want to say some stuff which is critical, without being mean about it. Ok? Ok.
The first thing is... don't over post. In the IC post, your post is... that you have a post in the OOC. I know you have a post in the OOC because I read my OOC thread. You do not need to post in the IC to indicate you are posting in the OOC.
The second thing is... don't over post. A lot of your posts kind of ramble. Sometimes this is good. Writing builds up that your character has a personality, has interests and quirks. In an actual campaign, there is often segments of downtime where you can really bring this out and develop your character... and when I'm a player I enjoy this. For me, ATT is an excellent creative writing exercise/tool. Part of being a writer (and a player) is finding that balance. When I dropped the Inspiration on you, that was a good time to drop some exposition and let your character react to a GM Cookie. Conversely, when you're posting a combat round, your posts should probably be limited to 1-3 paragraphs.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gazman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Lord Fell, what are your rules on stacking combat maneuvers? Specifically can Spartan both All-Out and Power Attack for 5? Or is it one for 2 and the other 5 or only one at a time or what?
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:47 pm

If you have the Feat, absolutely you can stack it. If you're doing the freebie maneuver you can only do one per round. I'll allow you to stack one freebie with as many Feats as you possess.

I'll move onto Round Two this evening, giving SDarkshine a couple more hours to post an action should she have one to post.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby SDarkshine » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Okay, then.

I learned a lot from that post. Following that, I think I'll keep my illusions.

Now I get why it looked like I was posting longer posts than everybody else. My bad...I promise I'll be good and nor post too long during combat! ;-)

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 pm

You guys can also post your actions...
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm

@Gazman
Previously, L'Char missed the Zero Sum Device with a better roll than a 13. Just an FYI.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 am

I'm sorry. I'm going through some stuff right now. I don't think I'll be able to post again til the weekend at the earliest.

If you need to roleplay me to move things along, please do.

Thanks.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gazman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Lord Fell wrote:@Gazman
Previously, L'Char missed the Zero Sum Device with a better roll than a 13. Just an FYI.

Ohhhh. I thought there was a force field and he failed to beat Toughness. Oh well. Swing and a miss.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:19 pm

I'll do a round update early tomorrow, and finish the round. I think everyone has posted, except Matrix who I'll NPC, as Roguescribner's had a rough couple.

@Deje
I feel slightly bad, because I helped you make your build, but you're a bit limited as to what you can do in this situation. The one thing you can do, is refresh the missing illusions of the other Saints.

@Sweetja
The Zero Sum Device is essentially a PL10 Minion; Defense and Toughness both at 10... but you hit, and it can't make that toughness roll. Go, you! You defeated a computer! :P
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 am

Regarding the new arrival...

he hasn't actually done anything hostile yet, although it's obvious he's been invited there by Dr. Zero.
It's also worth mentioning that L'Char is pretty much dead last in the initiative order (since he declared an attack on the new arrival). It may be appropriate for L'Char to revise his action...
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Yeah... a more socially apt character **cough** Deje **cough** might be able to sway him.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room