Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (OOC) *Finished*

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (OOC)

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am

Sorry I haven't prompted this game recently... was away for the weekend...

Are you guys about ready to finalize the plan and move on?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby roguescribner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm just waiting for us to land or whatever. Seems like we're stuck in the air for some reason.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 pm

pffft. Don't blame that on ME, most of you super-types can fly.

I'm just waiting on the solid "this is what we're doing" post, although it looks like Deje has dropped the first shoe on that.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby SDarkshine » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 pm

:D Yes I did!

Sorry to have dilly dallied with plans. Being over-concerned about details and what-if's, I was overthinking again. After that 'prompt' from Zorran (and still remembering what that merc said), I figured that a little basic recon would be good for the moment.

So, without further ado, we...

8)

Move out.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm not entirely sure how to adjudicate Matrix's attempt to activate the security systems. Normally, a security system can't be armed while it's already "in breach" (eg, you guys have the door open, and there is motion inside). Presumably, Matrix can force the alarm system from disarmed directly to triggered through the use of Electronics control.

What did you intend this to accomplish?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby roguescribner » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Well, Matrix failed is notice check (I presume), so he's not really sure what's going on inside. There's a voice calling the heroes out, so he would figure someone is inside, even if no one can see him just yet. By activating the security system, he's hoping that a) whoever is inside will trigger the alarm, and b) the alarms will momentarily spook whoever is inside so someone else can catch him off-guard.

However, you're right about the door being open so that wouldn't really work. Matrix was on the side of the house so we can chock that up to him being ignorant of the particulars of the situation. Eventually, he'll get antsy enough and probably send his board through the window or something. :P
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Well, there is an actual Monologue, and I decree that it's dramatically necessary, if for no other reason than that it is DRZ approved. I think an alarm going off would interfere with the monologue.

Also, I don't really think that the alarm going off is going to provide any really useful benefit to you guys as players. You were fairly unsubtle early on (what with the Cherub hovering at the edge of the property for several minutes) so you're not going to be able to catch Dr. Zero by surprise, and he's far too seasoned to be rattled by something as minor as an alarm going off.

So, having said that, I'm going to cut directly to the one-two. You aren't able to make the alarm go off, have an HP for GM fiat.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby SDarkshine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:03 am

Alrighty! I get an inspiration! Hmm…interesting addition of detail - Déjè gets some Romani bloodline plus True Vision! I greatly appreciate it!

Hmm…the Fool…currently not in my favor, but that can be changed. I gotta think of something…

By the way, who is this Bonne-Maman? I tried looking for the name on the internet and all I could get is either it being some sort of jam or the French word for Grandmother. Do you know who this is?

Anyway, on with the adventure!
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 am

French term for grand mother.

Bingo.

I specifically meant your paternal grandmother, and I "think" that's supposed to be Ma Pere, but I dropped out of French.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:50 am

@SDarkshine,
Deje has enough Illusion Power to create phantasms of The Saints and move them around as a group. She does not have enough left over to also Cloak the team at the same time. However, what you can do is activate your Blending power, and burn an HP to add an Effect Others extra to that for the scene -it would be at a Touch range, so everyone would have to get their hands on you. Other than that, I have no problem with your plan.

@Captain Chaos
Unfortunately, Wildfire has Infravision, but none of the additional Senses you'd need to do what you're looking for (Penetrating and or Tracking). Your infravision is going to give you fairly limited information.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Normally, Touch range Affect Other means just an additional person, she'd need Affect Other and Area, if we were being strict. Lord Fell is oftentimes very generous though.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm

hmm....

Yeah. I'm still going to allow it.

If you want to go ahead, just mark off the HP, and edit your post to an "Action that you're doing" as opposed to an action you'd do if allowed.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby SDarkshine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Thank you, oh Generous Game Master!

Ok, I have edited my previous post. It is ready.

Let me know if I need to change anything, please.

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 pm

So... into the breach?

Anyone who wants to do something other than follow along Deje's plan should make a post to that effect by early Monday. Any other actions you might want to take, whatever they may be, should also be posted by that time. I'm going to move things along in about 35 hours.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby roguescribner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:18 am

Gazman, I so want to give you a hero point for this. Ha ha!
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room