Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Pokemon Academy (IC Temp Pause.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 am

Sara Kite
Condition: Night- Bruised 1
HP 1

Night touches down gracefully and Sara runs over and hugs her plump little partner, "You did great" she tells the little bird while checking him for injuries. Seeing only a few very minor ones she relents when he starts to squirm. When she sets him down he looks up at her expectantly with a "Hooot." Sara laughs and grabs a handful of dried berry seeds and gives them tohis him. That done she turns to the rest and asks "So, are we still going to have that grooming lesson?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Wrap up. 1 PP to each Pokemon used in the battle. If I remember correctly, I was awarding 1000 credits per capture. Upon returning and registering, you have the cash.

School, Monday

The school was lit up with rumors about the weekend, with the highlight being the former Pokemon champion, Mr. Saotome had quit with out warning. Some feared this was the start of the school collapsing just like the predictions. A few thought he was quitting to make a come back on the pro circuit. The day blurred by and was over before most knew it.

Let me know what you guys want, and I will set the scene for you.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
Hp 1

After a quick visit to her girlfriend, Sara and the rest of the girls set out on their mission. They had a name, now they just needed more information to find this James O'Mally. Jess was stubborn and had decided to tag along, to give this boy who had violated HER girls privacy a piece of her mind. Sara was much more of the mind to give him a pokemon based beat down but her company was appreciated. Many ideas to draw out the kid had been suggested but eventually they decided to simply search out contacts of his. They spread out across the grounds, but realized signs of illegal activities would be carefully hidden. By now the pictures of them would be hidden on sight. They got leered at a few times, especially Sara and Jess who where openly holding hands, but that was not near enough a sign of guilt to pursue the kid.

After a morning of failure the girls met back up for lunch to compare notes. Deciding their present approach was not working they decided to try and find the two boys that had led them to his name.

In 3E is Search covered under perception or investigate?
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 1; Credits 6000 (2000 arriving + 2000 award + 2000 for captures)

Henry's Monday morning had started early with a Student Council meeting. He had fought the yawns until he saw other students fighting the same problem of an early day after a fun weekend. Though he doubted anyone's weekend was as great as his had been. Nor as productive.

The room buzzed with the news of Mr. Saotome's leave and though he couldn't offer any facts himself, telling them that the teacher had only announced the disbanding of the Wilderness Survival Club, Henry was tuned in to hear who seemed to have the answers on the council. And who seemed relieved, shocked, and worried about the groups absence.
I'm interested in finding out who on the student council reacts to the news, who doesn't, and with that solidify some theories about who's a Seviper and who would be apposed to them. Not acting on any of it yet, just looking for some base knowledge and a place to start.

Edward and the Bubble Gum girl (maybe) are the only student council members I remember. I'm assuming there's two from each grade, so if I could just get a rough outline, I don't need names and descriptions of all seven students, I'm just wondering where they are politically.
Last edited by whiteprofit on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 am

Alister
HP: 3
Credits: 6,000
Cnd: Healthy

After classes Alister went to the gym and worked out for a while. Afterward he did some exploring in the forestry around campus. During his explorations he found some wild honey. A Beedrill had as well. A brief skirmish ensued, but Alister wound up scaring the bug off and took the honey for himself. The leather clad teen brought his spoils back to campus and watched some other students battling at the school stadiums.

All in all, he didn't put any effort into seeking out Shinji to report to him like some grunt after a completed mission. But he did check his credit account to see if there had been any increase in his funds. Credits. Worthless. Technically he hadn't done what was asked of him: everyone returned from the trip. For now, he wanted to see if one of the Sivipers would come to him, and if so how subtle would they be. He didn't want to fall into another ambush either.
Last edited by Sakuro on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 pm

Henry

The student council room was empty when Henry arrived, but he knew it wouldn't be for long. The President, Edward, and the Vice President would be along soon. They always got together shortly after school, even when there were no meetings to discuss events and share tea. Henry, the information monger that he was knew this well.

As he expected he didn't have to wait long. "Henry!" Edward said with surprise and a smile. "Joining us for tea?" He asked as he made way for the water kettle.

"How was your camping trip?" The Vice president asked. Must like Edward, the Vice President was tall, and had an air of maturity, however she was much prettier. She had long raven black hair that went down to her mid waist. She wore the perfect level of make up to give her a natural look, and had no needless accessories. She bowed her head slightly in greeting.

Sara

It was the tall skinny boy they found first. They had found him as he was making his way back to the dormitory from his Science Club. He was as foul looking as ever, his hair was greasy, and his smell suggested he hadn't showered since they last met. "W-what do you want? I told you his name last time!"

Alister

As usual Hiro and Alister had found a quiet corner in the cafeteria to enjoy the school food. Neither seemed to care to go out of the way to find speciality items. Alister's only item out of place was his jar of honey he had obtained while trekking around the Campus.

Much like before Elisa made herself at home by storming over and sitting down with out even bothering to as if she was interrupting. "You, you sexy thing you, are at the centre of all the good rumours." As she spoke she sucked on a lollipop, muffling her words ever so slightly. "I have an interesting tid bit of information for you. But to get it, you need to tell me what you know about Mr. Saotome's sudden quitting. You were camping with his group this weekend, right? Tell me, was it a lover's Quarrel? Did he as Ms. Itou fight? Ooo I bet it was because he hasn't proposed yet!" She laughed to her self.

Reuben

Reuben had gone straight to the pokecenter when the returned on Sunday to make sure his Fatfetch'd was well taken care off. The nurse on duty had told him to return after school, and that was just what he did.

He was greeted the bird pokemon, whom quacked at his approach. The duck seemed mad that it had taken Reuben so long to get there, but the boy could tell he was actually happy to see him.

Nurse Joy giggled, "Reuben your pokemon is ready to go home with you. His wing has healed nicely. Mostly due to the excellent first aid you provided. The pokemon really seems to trust you for being so newly caught. Have you considered a career in medicine?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:35 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 1; Credits: 6000

He took a seat and flipped over a cup so he could partake. "It went well, though bitter sweet. We had a great time and then found out the group would be disbanded before we really started. Mr. Saotome wouldn't say why, just that he was resigning," Henry shrugged. "I bet it was because of Mrs. Itou," he added casually, letting them take that to mean whatever they wanted. "Have you heard anything different?"
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Sara Kite
HP 1

It took them a while but with Night covering the air and them covering the ground they were bound to find one of them eventually. The boy seemed nervous to see them, and rightly so, so Sara approached him in a non threatening manner, "It's ok, we just want to know where we can find him. Can you tell us that?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Alister

After taking a taste of the honey an idea had come to him, and he decided to save it. He was just finishing up his well rounded, ultra health yet utterly mundane meal when Elisa stormed over and settled into a seat at their table. Dark eyes swung over to the older girl and lingered on her as she spoke. Alister was quiet for several long seconds before speaking up.

"Alright, I'll bite. Yes, Ms. Itou and Mr. Saotome were sharing a tent over the weekend. Also, after coming back to camp from catching pokemon I heard the tail end of an argument they were having."

The youth paused, then raised his right hand, inviting Elisa to take her turn at the sharing table. When his hand lowered it moved over to a glass of water, which he held onto rather than bring to his lips for a drink.

"Now, what is this 'interesting bit of information' you mentioned?"
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby ZamuelNow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Reuben
Credits: 3,000

While he wished the weekend could have lasted longer, Reuben didn't feel bad about returning to campus. Everything was going pretty well despite the dark shadow of what might come in the future.

Returning to the PokeCenter, he was almost surprised to see how well his Farfetch'd had recovered. It was almost like the bird had never been injured at all. What did surprise him was Nurse Joy's question. He wasn't that good at first aid, was he?

"Well...I never really thought about that. I've always had my heart set on cooking so I never thought much about medicine. It just seemed like something you need to know since we don't have a local PokeCenter. I guess learning to be a chef and a doctor at the same time would keep options open. Um, did you have any suggestions?"
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Hound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 am

Henry
Roll an insight

The President frowned, "Yes we heard the bad news. A real shame about Mr. Saotome. I rather liked him. I am sure the Principle will hire someone new quickly." Edward poured a cup of a tea for everyone and sat down at the council table. "What do you think, Nana?"

The vice president sat to Edwards right and took her cup. "Very sad. Ms. Itou seemed very upset during english... Can't imagine why though. They always seemed so close."

Edward forced a smile and motioned Henry to sit down, "How's that cooking side business going? Rules say I should bust you." Edward laughed, "But it seems to be doing wonders for raising the student body's spirit, so I'll let it slide."

Alister

"A lover's spat? Juicy." She grinned ear to ear and began to stand. Then as if remembering her promise sat back down, "Sorry. Sorry."

She took a slow breath, and organized her thoughts, "Well lets see... First. The Sivipiers are throwing a part this Friday. One guess why. Where the part is, I don't know. Two. A small warning, Mr. Saotome was the only one who really opposed the Sivipers, so they are going to get bolder now. Might want to be careful. Lastly, despite losing his most famous employee, my sources say the Principle seemed to be in an excellent mood all day. Humming, Whistling, practically dancing. A little odd, when you consider he needs this year to go perfectly."

Sara

The boy paused for a minute, weighing his options, "The Modern Study of Art and Literature recently moved to a bigger club room. The old one is still un-used. He's been using it as a hang out. It's on the second floor, G sector. Room 27." He licked his lips, "May I go now? And uh... please don't tell him about me."

Reuben

Nurse Joy smiled, "Well, we can't really teach you anything beyond first aid. First you will have to graduate with high grades and go to University, but we could always use a hand taking care of the sick pokemon. It would give you an oppertunity to observe how we treat pokemon, and if you think it would be the right job for you. The biggest thing we need however, is someone to play and groom the sick pokemon that we find, either abandoned or wild."

Her smile faded, "Most pokemon we get are owned by trainers. So of couse their owners are here constantly checking up on them, but a few are abandoned or wild to begin with. They get lonely and sad. We find that they take the longest to recover. Someone keeping them company would help them alot."
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:02 am

Alister

Elisa seemed to have a different criteria for interesting than Alister, because he didn't seem intrigued at all by notion of a Siviper party, or the principle having a good day. Maybe he could find a way to exploit the party. A large number of Sivipers in one place made for a large target, if you wanted to do them harm. Rubbing elbows with them for information gathering purposes wasn't an option, unless he were invited. As for the principle, Alister already had suspicions about the man. The teen brooded on these things in silence for a time, how brow furrowed. But he didn't exactly look pleased with what he'd gotten in the exchange of information.

"The Sivipers are throwing a party. What? Are you hoping I'll crash it with you?"
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:32 am

Alister

Elisa purred like pleased little cat, "Oh don't give me that look. Yes, you told me the truth. But by omission You also lied to me. I have sources everywhere. Which is how I know you won't be crashing the party this Friday. Have fun, and avoid the punch. I garuentee atleast 10 different idiots will add something to it creating a god awful mixture." She stood up, "Put on a good show for me, Friday." and walked away...

When Elisa was out of earshot, Hiro sighed, "You know. I think I hate that woman."
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:49 am

Sara Kite
Hp 1

"Tell him about you? Now why would I do that? I have a friend who could use a good informant like you." With a sly smile Sara and the girls walk away, headed towards G27. They get their rather quickly and Sara knocks on the door.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am

Henry Soil

Insight: 1d20+6 =22
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room