Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Pokemon Academy (IC Temp Pause.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Alister
HP: 1
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy
Location: rock smashing competition
Gastly
Cnd: Healthy
Luck: 2


"You've got him on the ropes Gastly. Now crush him!"

Alister hollered amidst the battle between pokemon. The ghost was busy cackling up a storm, enjoying Machop's momentary vulnerability when Alister called out directed. It continued, maniacally, while sending purple gas tendrils out to grasp hold of a tree branch over head and pulled it down towards the immobile fighter.
OOC wrote:Alister will use Startle's feint option on the Machop. Skill Mastery will be used to take 10 on the Intimidate check for a result of 20.

Gastly is using it's Telekineses to try and bring a tree down on Machop again [Psychic]: 1d20+6=13 DC 21 Tough, not accounting for Weakness

* Gastly will use Hex to force a re-roll if a super effective (one they're weak to) or critical hit lands on either Rhyhorn or Gastly.
Power Description wrote:"Hex", Luck Control 1 [Force Re-roll], Enhanced Luck 2 [Flaws: Limited to "Luck Control" (-1/r)] <Ghost type>

"Telekinesis", Move Objects 6 [Flaws: Limited Irection "Up and Down" (-1/r) ; Extras: Accurate 3; Advantages: Improved Hold] <Psychic type>*
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Henry

Cubone, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, and Barboroach are all "tired" and in need of a good rest. Sandshrew is still ready to roll. Do you wish to go further or head back to camp?


Reuben

Eevee leaps to action, striking the Ekans with ease, anbd causing moderate damage. The Snake pokemon glares snaps it's jaw, trying to intimidate the Eevee, and then lunges in for a poison sting attack!

Intimidate check: 13

The attack roll is 15, your parry is 16, can't remember if intimidate will lower that or not. If it does, then attack hits, if not, miss. Here is the attack.

Poison sting, Strength Damage 2: DC 21, Poison Damage, Linked with Affliction 6, Impared, Disabled, limited degree, cumulative, Quirk: If Damage does not beat Toughness, do not roll Affliction.


Alister

Between Alister's startle, and Gastly's next attack, the Machop doesn't stand a chance. Another huge branch strikes the fighting pokemon knocking it flat out.

The Heracross and the Hitmonlee stare in amazement. Both stop what they are doing and kneel before Alister and Gastly...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:47 am

Henry Soil
HP: 0
Condition: Cubone [fatigued] Rustle [fatigued] Barboach [KO] Bulbasaur [KO] Sandshrew [Active]

Henry called Rustle back before he could get too far, but not before letting munch a few wild berries. Turning to Terry he asked, "Have you seen Rueben and Kauro yet?"

"Naw, I was too busy watching the action! That was so great!"

Henry hid proud smile and looked through the trees and then at his PokeDex. "We don't have a much time left as I thought we would. Lets keep our eyes open on our way back to camp."

Ill head bak to camp with my eyes open, taking a ten on any checks.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Alister
HP: 1
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy
Location: rock smashing competition


"Gaaaaa-sty!"

The ghost cried out in victory as the Machop fell under the weigh of it's last assault. Floating, it made a victory lap around the battlefield, a trail of purple gas following in it's bake. Finally the pokemon came to a stop hovering over Alister's right shoulder. There is looked down at the two fighting pokemon showing their respect, malevolence in the ghost's large eyes.

Alister eyed the kneeling fighters curiously. He'd seen a lot of unusual behavior from these three. Or at least he'd never seen pokemon act like them before. After a few seconds of silent observation he pulled a pokeball out of a side pocket on his backpack. Enlarging it he tossed the device down near the fallen fighting pokemon, though his eyes remained on the other two to see how they would react to their beaten companion being snatched up by a trainer.

"Well fought Machop."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby ZamuelNow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Reuben
HP: 0
Credits: 1,000
Location: Woods

OOC wrote:Using Intimidation to Demoralize would cause a -2 circumstance penalty. However, I assume that Eevee would get a chance to try to resist. If so...
Banquet (Insight): 1d20+4=22


Banquet hissed in a surprisingly defiant response to the snake's attempts to scare him. He wasn't having any of it. Almost like a mongoose, he was sizing up the enemy and preparing to strike. Circling around to where the Farfetch'd was, Banquet took a swipe at the ground spraying moist dirt in the Ekans direction.

Mud Slap: Ranged Damage 4 [Ground; Accurate 1], Linked to Ranged Affliction 4 [Resisted by Fortitude (Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled); Limited Degree]: 1d20+2=20


With the battle unfolding, Reuben tries to shake off the jitters from having the Ekans nearly attack. Eevee was handling things quite well but it was always possible for things take a turn for the worse.

OOC wrote:While he should still be affected this turn, how long will the Intimidate last for Reuben? Also, what are Kaouru and his Growlithe up to this turn?
User avatar
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
Location: The River
HP 1

"That is logical, how much time do we have left? Do you think we have enough to win, with all those" she shudders "bugs?" If they still have some time she may snap a few pictures of some of the water pokemon she saw on the way but the other two seemed content with what they had now.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Henry

Heading back to Camp, Henry and Terry can hear a small skirmish. The two decide to investigate, and find Kaoru trying to catch Growlithe. Upon a quick survey of the scene, they could see that the Growlithe had grabbed his own Pokeball and was now enjoying the chase as Kaoru tried to catch him. Kaoru on the other hand looked very panicked.

Reuben

Reuben notices Kaoru and Growlithe are no longer behind him, they must be close however because they were just behind him a moment ago.

With out time to worry about that, he commands the Eevee to attack, the mud slap strikes the poison pokemon square in the face, and is super effective!

The mud blinds the snake, making it's next attack miss the Eevee...

Sara

Sara and the girls spot a Lum Berry bush on the way back...

Alister

(Taking a 10 on insight roll)

Alister can visibly see that the Heracross and Hitmonlee look distressed by the loss of their companion, not so much in anger, but by the displeasure of being seperated.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Alister
HP: 1
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy
Location: rock smashing competition


At seeing the disappointment in the Hitmonlee and Heracross concerning their friend being captured, or rather that they would be separated from him Alister reached into his pack and took out two more pokeballs. He held them in his palm as if to show or give them to the two fighting pokemon, his fingers curled inwards slightly to keep the miniaturized devices from rolling away.

"You two could come along as well ..."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:10 am

Henry Soil
HP: 0

A smile krept across Henry's face as he watched Growlithe test Kaoru's patience. The young pup was clearly playing, as far as he could guess. But his friends exacerbated look was not one of pleasure, so Henry decided to help.

"Shrew, help keep Growlithe contained. It will be a good test for your rolling. Just keep him close enough so Kaoru has a chance, how's that sound?" Henry smiled, offering the speed challenge to the small Sandshrew.

"Shrew-Shreeww" squeals the small sand pokemon before balling up and taking off in a curled sprint to counter the pups movements.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
Location: Berry Bush
HP 1

Sara starts to pluck one of the berries when Night bursts from his pokeball and tries to eat the one she grabs. She scolds the insatiable bird and gives it some large seeds she had in her pack before placing the berry carefully in a container and asking "Neither of you grabbed one of these already right?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Alister

Both pokemon accepted, not wishing to be far from their friend. Hiro stared dumb founded. "That... was amazing. You got three pokemon today! Maybe you can win?" Hiro beamed with excitemen.

Henry

Sandshrew does an excellent job looking like a ball, successfully engaging the puppy pokemon, and make it chase after her, dropping the pokeball in the fun. Kaoru strikes, grabbing the ball and recalling Growlithe.

"Man, I owe Sandshrew a box of treats for that!" He said with a sigh. Suddenly he remembered. "We got to find Reuben! He has an injured pokemon with him."

Kaoru dashed off to where he last saw Reuben, Terry hot on his heels.

Sara

The girls chit chat about random things, like grooming techniques, best food brands for pokemon, and the latest movie or book that has their attention. Suddenly Kaoru and Terry dash past their vision, obviously in a hurry.

One more over all turn of actions/any last comments/ from each player and I will move on to the next scene to keep things moving at a fast pace.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby ZamuelNow » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Reuben
HP: 0
Credits: 1,000
Location: Woods

OOC wrote:Reuben using Intimidation then Setup transferring to Banquet: 1d20+5=22


It seemed like the Ekans was regretting the decision to attack the pair. Reuben kicks up dirt and makes a lot of noise in an attempt to scare the debilitated snake off. Meanwhile, Banquet continues his assault with another Mud Slap mirroring the commotion his owner is making.

Mud Slap: Ranged Damage 4 [Ground; Accurate 1], Linked to Ranged Affliction 4 [Resisted by Fortitude (Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled); Limited Degree]: 1d20+2=19

Specifically trying to run it off as opposed to catching the Ekans. If caught, it wouldn't be statted out and would be purely for the school point system and/or trades.
User avatar
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Alister
HP: 1
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy
Location: heading to camp


Alister didn't look content, despite Hiro hopefulness. Then again, he usually didn't. Even when he'd won something, the kid wasn't satisfied. He always seemed to hunger for something more. After collecting the newly caught pokemon, he slid their balls into holsters on his belt. Only one holster remained empty. Straightening up Alister looked over at his smaller companion and counted off the pokemon they had caught between them.

"That's Rhyhorn, Heracross, Hitmonlee, and Machop. I'd like to pad our pockets a little more, but we're getting close to the two hour mark."

With a tilt of his head he indicated the way they had come from. Then started down the path back to camp himself.

"Lets go. Maybe we can find those berries I was looking for on the way back."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 0

"DId you hear that, Shrew? Treats! Let's go!" Henry called with a laugh. He was having a ton of fun and forgotten the fact that the club was going to be shut down.

The duo chase after the other boys to find Reuben.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Group

Reuben had managed to scare off the Ekans with amazing skill from his Eevee, when the rest of his friends arrived. Henry, Kaoru, Terry, Yukari, Ryoko, and Sara all arrived to find Reuben tending to the injured Farfetch'd.

Henry and Yukari immediately moved to Reuben's side. All three were skilled in first aid, and the group pooled all the berries and herbs they had found up to that point.

The three young trainers were able to tend to the wing, to their relief it was only sprained, not broken. The Farfetch'd even seemed to be in a better mood. With delight, Reuben used a pokeball on the pokemon to capture it and keep it save until it could see a nurse, just to be safe.

As the group wrapped up the seen, Alister and Hiro suddenly appeared, clearly on their way to the camp.

While Alister remained cool and icy towards the group, he didn't object when Hiro suggested the whole group head back to camp together.

The group laughed and talked, sharing stories about their little adventure as they moved. Yet the good mood quickly came to an end, when shouts in the distance could be heard. The group quieted down and approached slowly.

At first they were too far to hear, but as they got closer, they knew it was their teachers fighting.

"This is getting out of hand!" They could hear Ms. Itou shout. "He is just a boy, you have no right asking him to do such a thing!"

"Hana, please, he came to me. We're going to take precautions." Mr. Saotome tried to ease the situation, but he seemed to have little effect.

"Alister is fourteen years old! You can't do this, we'll find another way!" Ms. Itou insisted. Some of the students looked at Alister, curious why his name was brought up.

"Look what happened last year. We can't wait any longer. We need to get proof now! We need solid evidence." Mr. Saotome continued to remain calm, though something in his voice made it sound like he was running low on patience.


You are within the tree line, hidden from sight, but you can see the tents through the thick bush. You can't see but you can hear your teachers.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests