Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Pokemon Academy (IC Temp Pause.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Alister
HP: 0
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy
Gastly
Luck: 2

"Don't worry so much Hiro. Its just a friendly battle. If these guys wanted to hurt us they'd have attacked when we were undefended."

While Alister made an effort to ease Hiro's nerves Gastly was eying the two fighitng pokemon menacingly. A big wicked grin on his face displayed the ghost's fangs making him look like a vampiric cloud. The toxis mist around it churned, ready and eager to spring into action.
OOC wrote:Initiative: 1d20+3=20

If the Fighters go before us, Gastly will use Hex on Critical or Super Effective Attacks that would land on either itself or Ryhorn.
Power Description wrote:"Hex", Luck Control 1 [Force Re-roll], Enhanced Luck 2 [Flaws: Limited to "Luck Control" (-1/r)] <Ghost type>

Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Reuben

Reuben successfully scolds the pup and retrieves the leek. The young cook successfully tends to the Farfetch'd performing nearly perfect first aid on the wing.

The Farfetch'd reluctantly allows itself to be carried. Buffet, the Eevee follows with a concerned look. The Growlithe is still confused about why it's play time is over, and Kaoru follows Reuben in concerned silence.

Roll a stealth check to see how much noise you make while in a hurry to get back...

Henry

You still don't have the pikachu's build up so I don't really know what it can and can not do, or what it's dodge is...

The Barboach is angered by the stealing of it's treasure and recklessly persues the pikachu out of the water, causing it to lose one of it's largest advantage, and drasitically lowering it's speed...

Alister

Order:
Alister,
Hiro,
Machop,
Heracross
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Yikes
HP 1

"Gah" Sara yelps and stumbles back into the lake "Yah," She says, her voice much higher than normal "Cute, hehehehe. I'm going to go look for some water pokemon, you guys go back to what you were doing" she walks off looking closely at the water to see if there were any pokemon in there. Bug Pokemon, Bug Pokemon, Bug Pokemon YUCK she thinks to herself, frightened by her recent encounter. Remembering she forgot her camera back with the others she heads back that way to get it.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Alister
Gastly

"You might be good at breaking rocks, but we're the ones who're going to bust you up!"

Alister called out, his right hand pointing a finger at the Machop like a spear prepared to thrust into him. Gastly let out a malicious laugh in response to his trainer's declaration.

"Slow 'em up with your hypnosis Gastly."

Given this direction Gastly's eyes took on an eerie countenance, swirling and whirling. The intensity of it's gaze grew as it glared at the two fighters standing opposite it.
OOC wrote:Alister will attempt to Demoralize the Machop. Skill Mastery will be used to take 10 on the Intimidate check for a result of 20.

Gastly is going to use it's Hypnosis on the two Fighting types. DC 16 Dodge for half, DC 16 Will. It's a Psychic type move too.

* Gastly will use Hex to force a re-roll if a super effective or critical hit lands on either Ryhorn or Gastly.
Power Description wrote:"Hex", Luck Control 1 [Force Re-roll], Enhanced Luck 2 [Flaws: Limited to "Luck Control" (-1/r)] <Ghost type>

Hypnosis: Sleep 6, Cone Area 60ft, Reduced Range(Close), Sense Dependent[Vision]

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:10 am

Sara

In the river, Sara can spot several small common water type pokemon. Magikarp, Goldeen, Tentacool, and Krabby. A good investigation would be required to find harder to spot pokemon.

Yukari is busy playing "fetch" with her Caterpie, while Ryoko thaws her newly obtained Scyther.

Alister

Resistances, Weaknesses, are to damage only, not effects.

Machop fails horribly the first roll, GM Fiat to re-roll... fatigued this time. Alister Earns a HP. Heracross is also Fatigued

Gastly's eyes glow and both fighting pokemon slow down, their eyes begin to grow heavy but neither succumb to the sleep.

Ryhorn, under the command of Hiro, curls up into a ball, and performs a roll out attack, slamming into the Heracross. The bug pokemon manages to evade the brunt of the force but does not get away with out a bruise.

Machop identifies the Gastly!

Heracross performs a Rock smash, aimed for Ryhorn but misses by a hair... if either pokemon had hair.

Identify. Feature 3: Machop uses a standard action, to change all attacks with descriptors "Normal and Fighting" to "Special Normal and Special Fighting" respectively. Special Normal and Special Fighting are treated exactly the same, except they can hit Ghost pokemon for 1x normal damage. (3 PP)

Sound fair?
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Alister
HP: 1
Gastly

OOC wrote:I won't complain about Identify. We can see how it works in practice.

Since you didn't mention it in your OOC message I'll ask, did you remember save for Alister's Demoralize against Machop?

When Hiro's Rhyhorn missed the fighting bugg Alister raised a fist threateningly at his competition.

"One wrong step and Rhyorn is going to squash you Heracross."

His attention was quick to return to the Machop and his Gastly. From his fist the index finger extended, pointing up.

"Good, you've slowed him down. Now keep your distance and bring the canopy down on Machop's head."

"Gas-tly!"

The ghost cried as streams of toxis gas rose to the branches over head. Grasping hold of them with it's telekenisis Gastly pulled a sizible weakened limb down to slam on the fighting pokemon'. After making it's attack the ghost floated away, trying to make the Machop chase it down and get further away from it's ally Heracross.
OOC wrote:Alister will use Startle's feint portion on the Heracross. Skill Mastery will be used to take 10 on the Intimidate check for a result of 20. Then Set-up will be use to transfer to benefit to Ryhorn.

Gastly is using it's Telekinesis to try and hit the Machop with a tree limb [Psychic]: 1d20+6=17 DC 21 Tough. That' not accounting for weakness.

* Gastly will use Hex to force a re-roll if a super effective or critical hit lands on either Ryhorn or Gastly.

"Telekinesis", Move Objects 6 [Flaws: Limited Irection "Up and Down" (-1/r) ; Extras: Accurate 3; Advantages: Improved Hold] <Psychic type>*
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Henry Soil

Rustle was breathing hard but was far from quitting. "Are you sure you're ready for this fight?" Henry asked the small rodent.

"Pi," Rustle confirmed.

"Alright! Barboach! We challenge you to a battle. If we win, I'm going to train you and make you part of my team. If you win, we'll give you the golden pendant back."

"Baaarr-boach," says the shallow water fish, flapping in the muddy banks of the river. Whether that means he agrees or not, Henry isn't sure. But the way he readies let's him know the battle has begun.

"Rustle, stay alert for that tail and jump in for a quick attack!"
Charging, Defensive Attack (If such a thing is possible lol)
This means the quick attack requires a toughness save on my behalf, but also adds 2 to my defense to avoid getting hit by him. Plus it will require a move action to get me because of my speed and move-by advantage. Damage is DC 21
Defensive Quick Attack (1d20+8-2-2=22)
DC 16 toughness
Toughness Save (1d20+4=23)
Pikachu is fine from his own damage.

OOC: I posted Pikachu to the Roll Call thread. I haven't put him in my character sheet because I'm still planning on doing something else with him. He's not a permanent part of my team, similarly to Bulbasaur, as neither of them are ground type.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Alister

Sorry, forgot to mention you succesfully "goated" the pokemon, so they are less accurate in their anger.

Also Heracross missed Ryhorn, and the Heracross is bruised at the moment.

Alister's threats distract the Bug pokemon, making it glance in anger at the squishy human. At the same time the Gastly uses the chance to psychicly attack the Machop. A large tree slams down, smacking the Machop and taking it unaware.

The Ryhorn takes the oppertunity in the confusion to control it's roll, so to speak, and continue it's Roll out attack. Distracted by Alister, the Heracross is too slow to dodge and takes another blow from behind, harder than the last, dazing it slightly.

Yet the fighting pokemon don't want to take attacks lying down. The Machop leaps after Gastly with surprising strength in it's small legs and at point blank direction, performed a Flame thrower attack, blasting a cone of fire at the target.

Heracross meanwhile performed another Brick break, embarressed by it's earlier failure. This time however it catches the Ryhorn, which takes the blow poorly, causing it to become dazed, bruised and even a little weakened.

Flame Thrower: Cone Area Damage 6 (60 ft cone, DC 21) Dodge 16 to reduce damage by half. Rhyhorn was hit, but not too badly, I figure you want to stop them from doing anything serious that could knock one of the pokemon out.

Henry

The Barboach, handicapped by it's inability to move well out of water, is unable to dodge the fierce strike. The blow causes the pokemon to see stars, but doesn't knock it out yet. Angered, the pokemon blasts a powerful wave of water out of it's mouth in all directions, trying to hit the evasive mouse pokemon.

Surf: Cone Damage 6, 60ft cone. Damage DC 21, Dodge 16 to reduce damage in half.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 am

Henry Soil

The blast of water catches Pikachu on the turn and lands him on his head. "Chu!" Rustle says in discomfort.

Henry looks at the situation and realizes that this just isn't going to work. Pikachu is fast, but not fast enough to dodge all that water. "We need to get him out of that mud," He says aloud, more to the air than anyone in particular. Looking around, Henry finds inspiration from above. "Rustle, I want you to blast that branch up there!" he points, motioning toward the branches above where they are fighting. If hit just right it would fall and force Barboach to move from his electric free zone.

Ruslte hesitates at being directed, but then realizes the brilliance of the idea. "CHUUU!" He screeches as a long bolt of energy sizzles up into the trees.
Thunderbolt (1d20+5=19) to hit the branch and cause it to fall, DC for the branch is 22.

Not sure how you want to set the branch falling mechanically. I was thinking normal descriptor damage, and either use my rolls from above and calculate the attack as my own attack with the new descriptor, or make it an area attack of damage 6 (the PL) with a reflex save of 16.

Or another way if you've handled it differently in the past.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Alister
Gastly

OOC wrote:
Hound wrote:Rhyhorn was hit, but not too badly, I figure you want to stop them from doing anything serious that could knock one of the pokemon out.

You can't choose to have them re-roll the attack after you've rolled Toughness, if that's what you're talking about. But you're right in that the intent is to avoid the more dangerious attacks.

Dodge DC 16: 1d20+8=18
Tough DC 18: 1d20+4=22

As the Machop leaps at him, Gastly gives a surprised look, it's large eyes widening even larger. The flame attack washed over the ghost, who lets out a scream as though it were in pain. In the bright light of the fire onlookrs could see the ghost pokemons gaseous form dissipating ... burning away.After the flamethrower attack had ended gastly was no longer there.

But a maniacle laugh behind the Machop informed everyone that Gastly was still in the game ... and was just playing withthe Machop. Turning insubstantial the ghost had used the dazzling light of the flamethrower to cover it's movements and come up behind it's opponenet.

"Rip his soul out with a Lick attack Gastly!"

Aiden cheered his pokemon on, but there was a dread, chilling viciousness in the youth's voice as he demanded the Machop's soul. Gastly didn't hesitate, and while in close proximity stuck out it's tongue and swung it at the fighting pokemon. Then, cackling once more, the ghost flew off again.
OOC wrote:Alister will use Daze on the Machop. Skill Mastery will be used to take 10 on the Intimidate check for a result of 20.

Gastly uses Lick to attack machop [Ghost]: 1d20+6=16 DC 21 Tough, DC 16 Fort

* Gastly will use Hex to force a re-roll if a super effective (one they're weak to) or critical hit lands on either Rhyhorn or Gastly.

Lick: Damage 6 Linked with Affliction 6: Limited degree[1st Vulnerable, 2nd Stunned]
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby ZamuelNow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Reuben

With incredible urgency, Reuben rushes through the woods almost recklessly as he tries to rush back to the camp, barreling through lower limbs while using his free arm to shield the Farfetch'd. Kaouru and his Growlithe manage to keep up but none of the group was making much effort to be quiet. Banquet's ears perk up as he actively listens to various sounds throughout the woods. Something might be out there...

OOC wrote:Stealth: 1d20+1=7
Figures. I usually fail stealth in the offline campaign I'm in. Well, at least things will be interesting.
Banquet (Perception): 1d20+10=20
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
HP 1

"Hey," Sara calls out "How many things have we got? I think we have picked this area just about clean, the boys are probably running all over the place, you guys ready to move on? There are probably some cool pokemon in the caves nearby, good source of food, water, and shelter. I bet those Nido's from earlier live in one, who knows what could be in the others. How much time do we have left?" She picks up her camera, shoots off a few of the closer water pokemon before getting ready to move on.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Sorry, had a really rough week. So thankful for the weekend. Not really feeling the juices flow, but will post anyways.

Henry

The branch fell, striking the poor water pokemon hard. The branch was large enough to pin the pokemon, which flailed helplessly.

Alister

Alister helps distract the Machop long enough to give the Gastly a surprise attack on the Machop. The lick is so effective, that the Machop freezes up completely.

Ryhorn and Heracross continue to wear each other down, exchanging blows. Neither look like they will go down any time soon.

Machop on the other hand looks like he is having a difficult time, and is unable to act this turn.

Reuben

I love random generators for things like this...

Reuben runs into... an EKANS! Which is... gluttonous!

The wild snake pokemon stares down the injured bird in the arms of the young man. The ekans hisses loudly in an attempt to intimidate the human and make him drop the easy prey.

Intimidate check 16

Sara

Yukari snuggled her Caterpie, "Didn't Henry mention a big mean Onyx? I don't think caves are a good idea."

Ryoko frowns, "Both my Scyther and my Vulpix are weak to Onyx, Geodudes and the like... Caves are bad places for them..."
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ZamuelNow » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Reuben

Reuben (Will): 1d20+2=11

Frozen in terror, Reuben's body trembles and goes limp. Slowly loosening his grip, the Farfetch'd falls to the soft underbrush with Reuben unable to do anything. The snake greedily slithers towards his helpless prey when it is suddenly caught off guard by a sparkling volley.

"Vee!" Reuben's Eevee wasn't going to let it be that easy.

OOC wrote:Banquet (Initiative): 1d20+4=8
If an initiative roll is needed that's not very good. If it can be considered a surprise attack then
Swift: Normal type Ranged MultiAttack 4 [Feature: Precise Attack Ranged (Cover & Concealment)]
1d20+8=11
Hero Point re-roll 1d20+8=10 + 10 = 20
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Henry Soil

Henry watched the Barboach with sympathy for only a second, then threw a Pokeball from his belt to capture him. The red light sucked him up and dinged when he'd admitted defeat and capture. Henry hoped Barboach wasn't too sore about the defeat, because he knew that he would be an intricate part of his team.

Turning to his Pikachu, Henry smiled. "Great job, Rustle. We did so well together!" Henry said, sharing the victory. Rustle wouldn't have it. He humphed at the work he'd done and slinked off to find some berries to enjoy. Henry rolled his eyes and sighed, sad that the battle hadn't brought them closer like he'd hoped.

As a currently retired GM, I totally understand. No worries, you've got four different campaigns running right now within this one game. Take your time. Worry not. We love it here. :)
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room