Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Pokemon Academy (IC Temp Pause.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:35 am

I wrote this up while at work, sorry for any errors.

Alister

Hiro laughed, "Ya, right. A Geodude!" As the smaller boy laughed he booted the rock a few times.

"Rhy!" The rock growled.

Hiro's laughing stopped cold and his face twisted in horror, as the rock stood up. It was not a Geodude, it was a Rhyhorn, and it looked very unhappy about being woken up with a boot to it's backside... Hiro's only response was a mild and meek squeek like a mouse as the beast stared him down.

~~~

Sara

The mountain river is a perfect place to do some photography, like the day before, there are plenty of peaceful pokemon with in sight. A magikarp and goldeen can easily be seen swimming in the shallow waters, and on the oppisite side of the river bed, a Nidoqueen with her young are enjoying a sip of cool water.

The moment the three girls emerge from the forest, the Nidoqueen glares them down, as if challenging them to try and hurt her babies, and see what happens.

Thankfully she makes no hostile moments but simply watches the group. From there the girls can hear plenty of sounds of other pokemon in the distance. Bird types and Bug types can be heard all around. So entranced by the beauty, Sara nearly stumbles over a big rock.

A big yellow rock.

"PSY!" A large yellow foul screams in pain as Sara kick's him in the head by mistake. Immediatly the Psyduck darts for the water! Screaming the entire way and scaring away many of the nearby pokemon before the girls can finish getting photographs.

~~~

Henry

Henry chose well using Pidgey to look for the shiney object. Most birds have a keen eye for flashing objects, and it doesn't take long for the Pidgey to report back the location. With a baring in mind Henry begins his trek in the direction, but stops when Rustle suddenly spots a berry bush and runs over to collect a berry.

Cubone snorts in annoyance as it watches the Pikachu ignore orders again.

Yet just as the Pikachu reaches for an Oran berry, something snaps the berry up first. A long vine like appendage form inside the bush grabs the berry and dissappears back into the bush.

Rustle lets out a "PIKA!" in surprise, and on instinct shocks the bush hard. In response a bulbasaur rushes out of the bush and tackles the electric rodent. The grass type glares at the ground for a moment before observing the two ground types. As if to look down on the ground trainer, the Bulbasaur upturn's it's lip in a sneer and makes a weird snorting sound.

~~~

Reuben

At the sound of Rawst Berries, the Growilthe's ears perk up, and his tail wags faster. The dog pokemon runs around in a circle for a moment then stops when his nose sniffs something good. It lets out a small bark and runs into the woods. Reuben and Kaoru, quickly follow and before long find the Dog pokemon gorging on a Rawst berry bush.

Kaoru quickly takes a photo before the berries are all devoured. "Sorry, for a dog, he's a pig." Kaoru made a nervous laugh.

Reuben spots a brown feather sticking out of the bush.

Reuben you still havn't added your Krabby to your profile.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 am

Alister
HP: 0
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy

At hearing the grumpy Poke'mon cry Alister turned around to see what trouble Hiro had caused. Following Alister's advice no doubt. The teenager let out a quick amused laugh while pulling out his poke'gear. Casually he brought it up and took a picture, making sure to get Hiro in on it too. The look on his face was too good not to snap a picture of.

"Well, you better start apologizing or get ready for a fight."

Nope ... Alister wasn't going to fix the problem Hiro had created. Not when it seemed possible for him to solve it without getting hurt. Though he did offer a quick idea that might help out if Hiro didn't want to battle the Rhyhorn.

"Got any snacks on you?"
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 am

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
HP 1+1 limited (Spending limited)

I was right Sara thought to herself, The river was a perfect choice. There were tons of pokemon here and plants aplenty growing nearby. She started snapping off pictures and was feeling so pleased with herself she did not notice the large, yellow 'rock' right in front of her. She tripped over it and went flailing into the water with a splash. This woke the poor thing up and spooked it badly, causing it to start running around screaming "Psy ay ay ay ay ay ay Duuuuuuuuck." The nidoqueen and her chicks (cubs? Brood? Kits?) Looked up, spooked by the noise, and mommy did not look happy.
That poor bird "I'm sorry, shhhh, please calm down" Sara said, approaching it. It was scaring off all the other cool pokemon in the area, and the look on mommy nidoqueen did not look good. There has to be something I can do to fix this, wait! Thats it, the thing I bought back at the school! Sara draws a small plastic bottle from her pack. Sweet Scent- Bellossom said the label. This should calm down everything in the area. Sara tosses the contents of the bottle into the air and the breeze scatters it quickly throughout the area. Looking back at the label Sara goes white in the face. May contain trace amounts of Attract Spores, use only in small amounts and never in windy areas. Sara quickly covers her mouth and nose with her shirt and looks around in horror.

Had this idea last night and was too good to pass up. The stuff should calm down the pokemon but also contains a hook that acts like 2e emotion control- love randomized over the entire area
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 2

"Bulbasuar, the Seed Pokemon. It carries a strange seed on its back right from birth. As it grows older, the seed also grows larger," dings the Pokedex.

"You're a Grass and Poison type," Henry announces to the little Pokemon. Henry looks down at Cubone and smiles. "You ready for a warm up? I bet we can take this guy. How about you Bublasaur? You ready for a fight?"

"Bulba!" says the green character, defending it's spot.

"Cubone! Bone!"

And the battle begins!
I'm happy to use the initiative from the OOC, since it's already rolled. Its something close to 0... lol.

Cubone will take a defend action to start. That is a roll of 15, plus his 6 in defenses, totally 21 to hit me. The roll is incorrect because I added the 10 on accident. I guess I assumed i would roll under a ten. lol.
Full Defense (1d20+6=21*)
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm

I can not tell a lie. Guild Wars 2 has me in it's grasp. My wife is even playing it with me. She seems more addicted than me to it. Makes it very hard to sit down and post.

Alister

Hiro nods slowly at Alister's suggestion, and pulls out a bag of beef jerky. Hiro glances at the food, as if it is a long lost treasure and hesitantly opens the bag. The young man whispered a silent prayer for the soon to be wasted junk food and tosses the meat on the ground.

The Ryhorn, curious takes a step forward and sniffs the meat. For the next few minutes, the large rock pokemon seems to debate which is better, eating Hiro, or the beef jerky. Finally it settles on munching down on the jerky.

Hiro, takes a few steps away, once there is a safe distance, he runs over to Alister. "I think I just lost 10 years off my life." He complained, "And the beef jerky! I was saving that..." Hiro groaned.

Sara

Sara re-reads the warning label, sadly her clothing is covered in the sweet scent. It does not take long for the smell to spread, yet the Psyduck seems to ignore it.

Yet others do not.

With in a seconds, bug pokemon begin pouring out of the forest in droves, each one making a "bee" line for Sara. Yes, nearly every bug pokemon imaginable appears, each one with the uncontrollable desire charge Sara. Anyone who knows anything about bug pokemon know that nearly every single one of them loves sweet things, and enjoy eating sugary treats. In the wild, most everyone loves licking sweet tree sap.

Sara smells like something very sweet.

The bugs may wish to sample her...

Henry

Cubone readies itself as the Bulbasaur suddenly unleashes a vine whip attack, yet the well prepared Ground pokemon evades the lashing grass attack by striking the vines away with it's bone club, just like a samurai deflecting an incoming attack.

The grass pokemon growls in annoyance.

So... since Bulbasaur is head of Cubone, normally the attack would have landed BEFORE it switched to defensive mode, but for the time being I will just shrug it off. What ever. Cubone's move, then Bulbasaur just to make it easy. I won't restrict the use of Pikachu or Sandshrew, since this is a non-official match, but I think Cubone would be offended, but I don't know.

If you want, all three of your pokemon can go next on your next turn.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 am

Sara Kite
Condition: Oh... crap
HP 1

When the first few begin to come out of the woods Sara took a few excited pictures but when the pure numbers hit her she knew she was in deep trouble. She quickly set down her camera and jumped toward the river, hopeing to wash the scent from her cloths. As she jumped she released Night and Shadow, hopefully they could protect her.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Alister

"As long as you learned something from the experience, it's worth it. Besides, check out the picture we got out of it ..."

Alister held up his Poke'Gear and brought up the photo. There was the Rhyhorn who had just had it's butt kicked by Hiro, all angry and ready to brutalize the kid ... and Hiro, nearly scared out of his wits. The taller teen managed not to laugh this time around and settled for slapping his companion on the shoulder in a congratulatory fashion. Instead of getting eaten, Hiro had walked away unscathed and without having made an enemy.

"You handled yourself well."

After Hiro had gotten a look of the picture Alister tucked his Poke'Gear away and refused his walk with a light chuckle. The scene replaying itself in his mind's eye again. 'A Geodude, yeah right.' Boot, boot boot. Grrrr.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 2

"Watch those vines, Cubone," Henry directs. "Get him in a good position to strike..."

Cubone focuses in, knocking back the vine attacks with his club and preparing for his opening.

"Now!" Henry calls when he sees the opening. Swinging his club, Cubone rushes the Bulbasaur.
Bone Rush (1d20+6=25)
That adds damage to the 21 DC based on how much it beats Bulbasaur's defense by. If successful,
increase the attack’s resistance check DC by +2 for two degrees of success, and +5 for three or more

And if there is a bonus for tactics score, here's a roll for that too.
Tactics (1d20+8=12)
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am

Sara

Her quick thinking quickly dilutes the situation, the combination of the bird pokemon, a nature enemy of smaller, weaker bug pokemon, combined with the washing of her clothes, causes many of the smaller bugs to go running.

Yet one pokemon remains charmed by Sara, despite her bath, and seems to not care about the flying bird pokemon.

A scyther continues to charge, not in an angry or violent way, but more like a fan girl at a convention ready to jump and tackle someone with a hug...

Well... maybe that is a little scary...

Alister

As Hiro and Alister try to walk away, the Ryhorn suddenly charged at Hiro. Hiro instinctivly raised both arms to protect his head, yet the head butt never came. Instead he felt a gentle nudging. Hiro looked down to see the ryhorn, begging like a bog wanting more jerky.

Hiro looked to Alister with shock for a moment then smiled as a plan formed. "Ryhorn... I don't have any more snacks right now, but if you get in this pokeball..." He held up an empty ball, "I promise you'll get more when I go back to school."

The Ryhorn tilted it's head in confusion but didn't seem to resist as Hiro tapped it with the pokeball. In a flash of red light the rock pokemon disappeared. It shook for only a moment before settling down. "That... was way to easy." Hiro sighed, "Something really bad is going to happen now..."

As if on que Alister and Hiro could suddenly hear something in the distanct, it sounded like a hammer hitting a boulder. "I need to stop speaking now." Hiro groaned as the two boys stared off in the direction of the sound.

Henry

Tactics rolls was a little too low...

Truth be told, Henry's timing was a little off when he ordered the attack, but Cubone who knew Henry well was ready to strike anyways. Launching forward half a second before Henry's command, but performing exactly how Henry wanted.

The ground pokemon rushed and struck the plant pokemon with all it's mine, landing a nearly perfect blow. The grass pokemon groaned in pain as it was bruised and staggered, but it barely held on. Not wasting a beat the plant pokemon attempted a vine whip attack.

Vine Whip:20
Strength Based Damage 1, Linked with Enhanced Strength 3, Linked with Elongation 3(60ft) Improved Critical 18-20 (12 PP)
Has Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold.

So first you have to resist the 4 damage, since he is weak to grass, it is DC 21

So with Enhanced Strength from the vine, the Grab DC is 13...? with Improved Hold... does that become DC 18, or is it only 18 after the grab is initially completed and to escape a compelted hold is 18?
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ZamuelNow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Reuben
HP: 1

With a quiet chuckle, Reuben casually steps around behind the bush and tries to collect as many Rawst berries as possible. "If you eat them all, I won't be able to cook anything special for you." Buffet scowls as the Growlithe devours the berries he hoped to get. The Eevee starts to walk away but yips as he sees a brown feather. Reuben picks it up and slowly inspects it. "Kaoru, do you recognize this?" Pulling out his PokeGear, Reuben scans it to see that it comes from a...

OOC wrote:Sorry for the posting delay, been a bit busy. Also, trying to finish that Krabby build I procrastinated on.
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Alister

Alister whirled around to confront the charging Rhyhorn. But before he could take any action he noticed the Rhyhorn wasn't attacking, but seeking more snack foods from the kid that kicked him in the butt. The teen shook his head when Hiro managed to coax the rock pokemon into letting him catch it. Pokemon were weird sometimes. Then the hammer on rock sound caught his attention and he looked off into the distance.

"It sounds like a pokemon using rock smash. Come on, let's check it out."

Ignoring Hiro's theory of something bad about to happen, Alister's instincts drew him towards the curious noise. Breaking into a light jog he headed off in the direction of the strange sound.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Reuben

Going to back peddle you a tad bit, sorry bro.

As Reuben reached down to pull on the brown feather sticking out of the bush, he found it stubbornly attached to something. A quack suddenly boomed from the bush and out popped a Farfetch'd, in one wing, it clutched a large leek, and in the other wing several berries.

The feathered pokemon glared at Reuben, apparently upset by having a tail feather pulled on. The flying type took a berry and spat it at Reuben, perfectly aimed for his face. Growlithe however saw this as a game, and intercepted the berry with perfect timing, eating it with gusto.

The puppy pokemon waged it's tail at the bird, thinking a new game had started...

Alister

Alister quickly found the source of the sound. It wasn't hard, the sound of rock cracking filled the air, and lead the two boys with ease. Alister, the ever cautious type slowed down to take a peak at what he was dealing with before jumping out.

(Hope that's okay.)

Through the bush he spotted three pokemon. A Machop, a Hitmonlee, and a Heracross. The pokemon had lined up more than a dozen large boulders, and the three were taking turns crushing the boulders.

It seemed to Alister they were having a competition to see who could crush the boulder into the smallest pieces with a single strike. So far, the Machop was winning, but the other two seemed determined to change that.

Crack!

The Heracross smashed another boulder into rocks so tiny, they could be used for a fish tank. Machop groaned, while the Heracross laughed.

Meanwhile Hitmonlee took position for it's next turn...

Some days I hate myself. I make a huge cast, and I give every pokemon a personality. Shoot me now.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Got to say though, it is one of the reasons I am loving this game

Sara Kite
Condition: Scared
Shadow: Luck 3-2
HP 1

"Night, Shadow, stop that thing!" Sara yells to her pokemon hysterically. She looks imploringly at the duck, just sitting there watching her misfortune, to help her out.

Activating Bird Friend Persuasion: 19+8+4=31

Night looks deep into the large mantis's eyes, his own glowing the dark, soothing, blue of the night sky in the mind of a child. Attempting to lull it to sleep.

Hypnosis 6 (Cone, Subtle, Sense Dependent: Eyesight) <Psychic> DC 16 dodge save followed by DC 16 will save

Shadow flies at the bug, the most direct way to protect his trainer. Seeing his allies strategy he pushes his will into the attack, his eyes glowing an angry red in contrast to the soothing blue.

Attack Roll 14 I doubt that hits a pokemon as known for its speed as a scyther. If it does Peck (Strength Based Damage 7, DC 21)<flying> which I think makes the DC 24. Using Evil Eye to force reroll for the will save for Hypnosis.

Adding a new complication for Sara when this is over, this event has left her with a fear of most Bug pokemon
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Alister

OOC wrote:It is your own masochistic fault for getting us use to it.

On finding the trio of competing pokemon Alister hunkered down behind some brush to conceal his observation of their challenge. While Hiro caught up Alister pulled out his poke'gear, brought up the camera, and took video footage of their rock breaking sport. A simple picture wouldn't do the event justice. Rather than take a quick shot and leave, Alister risked being noticed in order to catch the competition on video. Besides, he was curious to see who won, and what happened when someone did.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 2 > 1

The vines snapped and stung Cubone's flesh. But before they wrapped and coiled around him, Cubone shifted his weight and folded under the reaching vines. Lashing out with his club again, Cubone hoped to gain more ground in the battle but his wild swing went wide.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room