Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Pokemon Academy (IC Temp Pause.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Alister
HP: 3 - 1 Inspire = 2
Credits: 3,000
Cnd: Healthy
Champ
LP: 1 - 1 Reroll = 0

OOC wrote:Machopis Resistant to Rock type attacks. That's -50% damage ranks, right?

DC 15 Dodge: 1d20+6=13 Full Tough check.

DC 20 Tough: 1d20+6=25

Caught up in the rock barrage Champ threw punch after punch, smashing the boulders that flew his way into pebbles. When it was all over he let out a huff of air. His tightly muscled little body coiled a spring ready to strike as he glared at the Onyx.

"We got him good guys. Don't let up, press him hard!"

Alister cried out over the Machop's shoulder. His shout was like a primal rallying cry for the four allied pokemon on the battlefield. Champ the Machop gave a kick to the peddles at his feet then ran at the Onyx. Leaping at it's face he pulled back for a haymaker aimed right for the rock snake's nose.

"MACHOP!"
OOC wrote:Alister is spending 1 HP to use Inspire 5.

Machop uses Rock Smash[Inspire 5, Power Attack -2/+2, Fighting Type]: 1d20+9=10

Spending Luck to Re-roll: 1d20+9=27 Critical. DC 28 Tough not counting Vulnerability or any Team check bonuses

Unreliable Weaken Toughness check: 1d20=2

Power Description wrote:"Rock Smash", Strength-based Damage 1 [Extras: Linked to "Weaken Toughness" (+0/r) ; Advantages: Improved Critical 2], Weaken Toughness 6 [Res. by Fort - Extras: Affects Objects (+1/r), Linked to "Strength-based Damage" (+0/r) ; Flaws: Unreliable "Roll" (-1/r)] <Fighting>
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby whiteprofit » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 am

Henry Soil
HP: 1
Credits: 3000

Henry didn't have a clue what Barboach was doing, but he was happy his partner wasn't dodging the boulders of Onix's attack right now. He had to trust his partner and that was challenging.

At Allister's encouragement and when Onix had turned his focus to the other three teammates, Barboach leapt free of the mud, flapping a glowing tail. The attack was similar to the day he had batted Pikachu around but this time the water charged Aqua Tail was super effective!

Aqua Tail: Damage 3, +8 (DC 18)
Attack Bonus 8 + 5 Inspire - 2 Power Attack = +11
Aqua Tail (1d20+11 =28)

Stealth Check
Stealth (1d20+8 =21)
If successful, target is surprised (Stunned and Vulnerable)
The important one is vulnerable, because it halves his defense, which determines damage, below.

Damage DC
Damage 3 + 2 + 2 Super Effective + Multiattack = 7+2/5
If his defense is 16, add 2 for a total of 24.
If his defense is lowered to 13 from stealth, the damage increases to 5, for a DC total of 27!
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby ZamuelNow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Reuben
HP: 3

Banquet (Eevee)
Luck: 1 > 0

OOC wrote:Banquet (Dodge): 1d20+8=27 Not bothering to add both Evasion and Inspire since that beats the DC on it's own and thus the damage rank is halved.
Banquet (Toughness): 1d20+2=21 Just barely managed to beat DC 20

Reuben's Eevee managed to just barely dodge the wave of rocks that the Onix tossed. So far, everyone seemed to be doing well. They just might be able to pull it off if everyone played their part. What they needed was a good opening.

"Time to run interference. Provide a distraction!"

Banquet charged at full speed towards the Onix, deftly bounding up it's side until he was sitting on the rock snake's nose. Annoyed at the furry little critter, the Onix shook his head until the Eevee went flying off.

OOC wrote:While roleplayed as a feint, Eevee is burning a Luck point to use Trump Card. This will force the Onix to roll Toughness twice and take the lower result.
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Night= Bruised 1
HP 2- 1

Dodge= 31
Rank lowered by half so for me and my weakness that is a rank 7 attack now? 15/2 rounded down? Anywho Toughness= 7 oh ouch. That is a flat out KO HP to reroll Toughness= 20 1 bruised

Night was able to fly above most of the rocks but took a few glancing blows to the wings. Sara looked up to make sure her partner was ok, seeing that he was she shouts "Help Machop out again! That last blow almost took it out, lets finish this."

Night flies up behind the little fighting type and again pushes it faster towards the rock snake.

Team attack roll=17 That is another +2 to damage
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Maannn you guys did so much team attacks and inspires. It's beautiful! So much teamwork! I am so happy!

Init order is:
Hoot Hoot
Machop
Eevee
Barboach
Onyx, DC 16 to hit. High Fort, Low Will, High Toughness, Low Dodge/Parry.

28 is.... 28+6=34 Roll 1d20+14=24 -2 means he is staggered... again... which means Machop just fooked his day up

Every one comes together showing a skilled group attack. The onyx can do nothing but fall to the brute force if the fantastic Pokemon trainers.

Alister, Sara, Henry, and Reuben prove they stand above all others. Someday they know they will be counted among the very best, like no one ever was.

THe onyx lay defeated before them, slumbering away...

Truly this was a great victory....

I was worried a level 10 was too powerful, but dang you messed him up good and fast!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Hound wrote:they will be counted among the very best, like no one ever was.

ha. I see what you did there. ;)

Henry Soil
HP: 1

When the scarred rock snake hit the ground, it rattled again and shook Henry to the core. That was more power than he wanted and his new teammate Barboach was clearly enough for him. His burrowing maneuver was one he hadn't seen before, but Henry knew he'd have to adapt if he was going to be a great Ground-Type Gym Leader someday.

"Great job, buddy," Henry said, moving in to congratulate Barboach. Henry petted him on the head and was greeted by a whiskered embrace. The Barboach wrapped it's long whiskers around Henry's arm in what he could only fathom to be a handshake or hug of some kind.

"Boachhhh," replied the cod. His happy, flapping tail smacked the mud.

Once Barboach was back in his Pokeball, Henry made a round to his fellow fighters and shook each of their hands or patted them on the back.

"Great job Sara, you and Night are getting so good together."

"Rueben, I can hardly believe that was the same Eevee that we found in the woods last week. What a great team!"

"It was an honor fighting with you Allister. I would like to help you keep this group working together when we get back to school. Clearly we can work well together and if you need anything, let me know."

The rumbling Onix shook with outward snores that seemed more than enough to cause a small earthquake of thier own. "I think... yeah, I think he's sleeping," Henry laughed. "I bet he'll wake up in a few hours like nothing happened." Henry didn't plan on being here when that happened to change his mind.

He looked to his teachers for direction.
Last edited by whiteprofit on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Alister
HP: 2

Champ landed in a crouch on the opposite side of Onyx after HootHoot had sent him flying. The giant snake pokemon crashed down behind him and the Machop turned around to see that the battle was over. Lifting his hands in the air Champ danced a victory dance, smiling as he did so.

Alister's reaction was considerably more stoic. Victory was to be expected. Defeat unacceptable. A subtle nod was given to Henry after his congratulatory statements. Once Champ had done a little celebrating Alister returned the pokemon to his ball, and secured it to the holster on his belt.

"Nicely done everyone."

Like he had with Champ, Alister stood off to the side, letting the other's have a minute to celebrate and get their various 'yay we did it' comments out of the way. Then he made a gesture back down the trail to encourage the group to continue on it's way.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Mr. Saotome eyed the grand pokemon for a few moments then turned and began aiding Ms. Itou, and the students(besides the main four) in clearing up the mess.

He gave Henry a glance, "I won't stop anyone... but such a pokemon would be quite... difficult to tame, and may cause alot of problems. It may be best to leave it in the wild..."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Alister

Alister gave the crowd a quick look of warning when Mr. Saotome suggested that someone might try to capture the unconscious Onyx.

"Mr. Saotome might not, but I will stop anyone who tries to take Onyx. He should remain here to test others, like he did us."

After his 'you'll have to get through me' statement Alister waited a beat to make sure no one made a move on the Onyx. As long as no one did, he took to the groups extended stay during clean as an oppertunity to approach Karou and Terry. Lifting a hand he would motion for them to come with him away from the group.

"I want to talk to you two in private."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 pm

The two boys exchanged nervious looks. They had never mentioned it, but Alister intimidated the two. With mild caution the followed the taller boy, if only out of fear of what he might do if they didn't listen.

"W-what can I do for you?" Terry asked with a smile once the group was far enough away to not be overheard. Kaoru just fidgetted with his pokeball containing growlithe, unsure what to do.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Alister

Now away from the rest of the students Alister glared at Karou and terry with no small measure of menace in his expression. His right hand's fingers hooked into claws and he reached for two pokeballs holstered on his belt. With a click he pulled them free and thrust his hand at the teenagers.

"Here."

A pokeball was shoved into the hands of either bow. Them relinquishing the ball Alister drew his hand back and pursed his lips together before saying anything more.

"Three fighting types is more than I need. Make sure they get some time to hang out with each other and Champ on a regular basis ... and you can have Heracross and Hitmonlee."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 pm

The boys stared, completely and utterly dumb founded. Kaoru took the Hitmonlee, while Terry took the Heracross. They then exchanged looks and a smile crept on their face. The two turned back to Alister and bowed deep at the wasit. "Thank you very much" They shouted at the same time.

Alister earns a Hero Point.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Alister

Alister's jaw clenched when he saw the pair smile, the muscles in his cheek flexing. But otherwise he reacted very little to their response.

"If you find a strong psychic or dragon pokemon, you can thank me by letting me know where it is."

Tilting his head back the way they had come from he added;

"Lets finish cleaning up."

Without waiting for Karou or Terry Alister began the trek back to camp, and to aid with what was left of the clean-up labors.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby ZamuelNow » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:43 am

Reuben

Everything worked out rather well. Despite the obvious differences in personalities and tactics, they worked pretty well as a team. High fiving Henry and giving a silent nod to the rest during the victory, Reuben silently agreed with Alister's sentiment. It wouldn't have really been fair to capture the Onix after defeating it as a group. Despite the Onix starting things, a capture felt too much like ganging up on it.

While cleaning up, Reuben sat and thought about the recent course of events. While they had formed a general agreement to stand together, a few more specifics might be in order before they got back. At a bare minimum, he wanted to touch base with Henry and Ryoko but upon seeing Alister return from talking with Terry and Kaouru he figured it would be a good idea to see what was on his mind. As most of the cleaning chores were being completed, he tried to find a moment to speak with him in private.
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 am

Henry Soil
HP: 1; Credits: 3000

Henry saw Alister take the boys off to the side and he was incredibly curious. Luckily, in this case, neither boy was very quiet or at all good at keeping secrets and it took less than a word to find out what Alister had done for them. Henry knew this was good and would help bond the group together. It was a wise decision that would make the group stronger, and he hoped he could find an equally positive place to trade the Bulbasaur he'd caught. Something that would help the group stand up to the Sevipers by either finding him a strong partner on the team, or securing a bond with another group.

Henry didn't take very long to finish cleaning up and was ready to go.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room