Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Pokemon Academy (IC Temp Pause.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Sara

Night is the first to move, trying to lull the aggressive bug pokemon to sleep, yet it's will is to strong and it bull rushes past the Owl Pokemon.

Next up, Shadow dive bomb's the bug, in an attempt to peak it hard with it's razor sharp beak, yet the agile Scyther dodges the strike with ease.

There is nothing left to protect Sara from the infatuated mantis pokemon, or is there? At the last possible second a yellow blur leaps in front of Sara and a power wave of water catches the Scyther in the chest and blasts it away, knocking it clear across the clearing.

The Psyduck puff's up it's chest, proud of it's work. The yellow duck pokemon turn's to Sara, this Psyduck looks nothing like the ones in the picture book. It's big, dumb eyes, are instead sharp, small eyes, showing a glint of intelligence not normally seen in a Psyduck.

The water foul pokemon winks and gives an odd thumb's up with it's feather fingers, before turning back to ward the Scyther.

The green bug pokemon, now enraged stares down the duck with fury, and prepares to strike. Moving so fast, the Scyther is practically a blur, it cuts the distance in a heart beat. It's claw raised high, ready to strike the bird pokemon, when the Psyduck released an ice beam!

With the Scyther's claw only an inch away from the Psyduck, it stops as it is completely covered in ice, frozen solid.

The Psyduck snorts and pound's it's feathered chest with pride.

Henry

The Bulbasaur seems to laugh as the Cubone fumbles it's strike, and completely missing the grass pokemon.

Suddenly the Grass pokemon seems to dig it's feet into the ground, bracing it self for something, and then...! It does... nothing?

Bulbasaur is actually using Solar Beam!

Here are the mechanics I worked out. Turn 1, Bulbasaur uses "Improved Aim" which means he can not move or do any other action.

Next turn the following will happen. Solar Beam(Grass Attack) 8 Ranged Damage, +4 Accuracy(+9 from improved aim), Requires: Direct Sun Light, Requires: Use of Improved Aim Prior to use. (4 PP)

If this sound's too funky, let me know.


Alister

The competition doesn't take long, before long the Machop is named the winner, turning it's final boulder to nearly sand, devastating the Hitmonlee who had been in the lead. The Hitmonlee groaned and seemed to complain, while the Machop grinned and did a small dance.

The Heracross seemed amused by the whole thing and picked up a small object and happily walked over and handed it to the Machop. With pride the Machop held up the prize!

An old belt shiny belt buckle, it looked weather warned, and the silver was tarnished in some places, but it still reflected the light well. Alister and Hiro were too far away to make out the image on the belt buckle.
Last edited by Hound on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby ZamuelNow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Reuben
HP: 1
Credits: 1,000
Location: Woods

The Farfetch'd admittedly had reason to be angry. However, the Growlithe's well meaning playfulness might wind up antagonizing the bird. In an attempt to divert the dog pokemon's attention, Reuben tossed a Rawst berry over his shoulder. With the duck still glaring, Reuben reached for a randomly collected assortment of berries from Kaouru and his collection. Setting them on a bed of leaves as a peace offering, he slowly backed away and motioned for Kaouru to do the same.

OOC wrote:Persuasion: 1d20+1=17

So...whiteprofit, remember that thing with us being on opposite ends of things with rolls? 8)
Last edited by ZamuelNow on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Alister
HP: 0
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy
Location: rock smashing competition


As if the competition between pokemon wasn't odd enough, the arrangement for a prize certainly was. That is, at least Alister had never witnessed it before. A questioning look was sent Hiro's way, as though to wordlessly ask what he made of the event. In any event, once the competition and gifting of the prize was done Alister stopped recording and put his poke'gear away. Not wanting to get caught peaking the three pumped up fighting type pokemon, he began to withdraw from the scene lest their intrusion anger them.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Changed Damage to solar beam
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Frightened but Good
Location: The River
HP 1

Believing herself doomed Sara cowers behind an upraised arm and is surprised when the duck pokemon easily wards off the large, green, bug. Looking to it in thanks she orders her pokemon to help finish it off. "Night, Shadow, Peck that thing. Thank you for your help little guy, want to keep going?"

Night and Shadow come at the bug from opposite sides, trying to trap it between them, beaks gleaming in the sun.
Night: 15 Shadow 23 DC 24 i believe Flying
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 1

"He's getting ready for something, Cubone! Be ready!" Henry calls, unsure of the attack coming. Cubone didn't know any better either but he knew enough to be wary of the growing light on the end of Bulbasaur's back. The helmeted Pokemon flung, with all his might, a curved Bonemerang attack and then made full haste to a tree to provide cover.

All-Out +/-5 Attack/Defense Bonemerang (1d20+6+5=24)
Move Action to Full Cover.
Total Cover applies a –5 circumstance penalty to your attack check, with three-quarters or more of the target behind cover, like a narrow window, or crouched behind a wall.
If a target is completely behind cover, then you cannot attack that target (although you can attack the cover it- self ).

**If not, I would like to not trade the defense in the attack roll because I would be destroyed when he hit with that improved aim attack! :{

My goal is to force him to move and lose his improved aim or be unable to attack me at all.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Reuben

The Farfetch'd eyes the food suspiciously for a moment, reaches down and... Smacks it away. The Fatfetch'd drops the berries in it's wing and holds the Leek like a sword. It suddenly makes a mad dash at surprising speeds and attempts to strike at Reuben.

Once again Growlithe leaps in to save the day, grabbing the leek like a stick and shaking it wildly. The Farfetch'd is thrown about and releases the Leek. The fowl smacks the ground with serious force, and lets out a cry of pain.

The Farfetch'd tries to stand but it's wing appears sprained, maybe even broken...

Alister

As Alister and Hiro begin to leave, Alister spots a Ratata a few seconds too late to stop himself from stepping on the tail of the rat pokemon. Immediately the rodent lets loose a terrible cry, drawing the attention of the fighting pokemon.

The three charge over and surround the two humans just as the rat makes it's escape. The three suddenly look disappointed. They sighed and relaxed their poses. The three broke their ranks and grouped back up. The Machop wearily waved off the humans, as if to say, "Not worth my time."

With that the three fighters begin to march away.

Sara

Night and Shadow find no reason to keep attacking, the Scyther is completely encased in a block of ice, and unable to move. The Psyduck is extremely proud of it's self and sticking almost uncomfortably close to Sara.

Ryoko and Yukari peak out behind a bush, obviously they had hid from the whole thing. "No way! A Scyther!" Both of them stared in amazement.

Henry

Cubone's bonemerang struck hard, nearly knocking the Bulbasaur out, leaving it staggered once more, yet the tiny grass pokemon held on tight and released it's blast of solar energy.

Cubone however had taken cover just in the nick of time. The blast of energy struck the tree, shattering it into splinters, yet the Cubone was left unharmed.

When the saw dust settled, the bone club gently flew back to Cubone's hand, who caught it with ease.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 1 > 0

"Great job," Henry calls. "Get him again!"

Cubone ran in all out and brought the club down with a powerful slam!

Move action closer
Attack: Slam 1d20+6=7
This is seriously not funny.

HP reroll to avoid looking stupid... 1d20+6=9
And it's almost as bad. That's a 19 total. sigh.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Henry

The Bulbasaur is struck with the powerful slam, and the grass pokemon faints and falls to the ground...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 am

Alister
HP: 0
Credits: 1,000
Cnd: Healthy
Location: rock smashing competition


Alister cringed as his foot came down on the Ratata. Both in empathy for it's pain, and at the horrible noise it made as a result. Quickly he jerke dhis foot back up for the pokemon's tail wouldn't be pinned down under his weight.

"Watch out rodent!"

Looking up he eyed the trio of fighters as they came to investigate. The teenager's dark gaze studying their reactions. Their demeanor, and attitudes. When they show disappointment, and the Machop waved them off Alister took Gastly's pokeball from it's holster and enlarged it with a brush of his thumb.

"It looks like they want a battle. What say we give them one Hiro?"

Without waiting for Hiro's response ALister flicked the pokeball forwards and as it burst open the maniacle gas pokemon tha let out a challanging cry to whomever it's trainer had brought him for to combat.

"Gastly!"
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 am

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
Location: The river
HP 1

"Yah, yuck, yuck, yuck, YUCK" she shivers in disgust "Did you guys see that? Must have been hundreds of them! Crawling and flying and buzzing! It was horrible, please tell me you got some decent pictures. If either of you want this big bug feel free to catch him, you on the other hand," she turns to the psyduck, "were brilliant, would you like to come with me?" She places a pokeball on the ground next to it.
Her other pokemon seem mostly unaffected by the battle, Night is picking berries off of a nearby bush while Shadow is, is he? Yes, Shadow is flirting with the Psyduck but she is ignoring his advances. Turning back to the girls she says "So, what did you guys get?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 am

Henry Soil
HP: 0

Leaving the Bulbasaur unprotected in the wild felt wrong to Henry, especially when he had just been looking for a good challenge. So he withdrew his fourth Pokeball and captured the seed Pokemon. "Great job, Cubone. You fought hard. And smart," Henry complimented with a look to the smoking tree.

"Now, lets find that Barboach! Rustle, are you ready!?" Henry turns around to find Shrew staring up blankly. "Rustle??"

Shrew points sheepishly toward the river where Pikachu is already dangling from a branch above the shiny spot in the water. As Henry turns to see, Rustle dives for it....

Wasn't sure if Pikachu needed to roll anything.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Henry

The Bulbasaur is caught with out futher problems.

Rustle makes a diver for the gold pendent yet at the last moment the Barboach appears and hops out of the water, aiming to tail whip the mid air rodent. Yet as the two collide the Pikachu sends a powerful eletrical assault into the pokemon.

Caught in mid air, the pokemon is unable to ground it self and is actually affected by the attack.

The two fall to the river with a splash...

Alister

Hiro glances as Alister with unease, both his Pokemon are weak to fighting types, and one of Alister's is also weak. This seems dangerious...

Hiro considers his choices for a moment. He knows he won't be able to talk Alister down, his best bet is to join in. His newly aquired Ryhorn will be on even ground with the Heracross, but his Smeargle will be weak against all three.

With an all or nothing move, Hiro tosses out Ryhorn...

Meanwhile the three Fighting types turn and examine their new opponents. They all seem to grin. The Machop steps forward while the Hitmonlee and Heracross turn to face each other. The two perform an few odd hand movements, Alister can guess it's a form of Pokemon Rock-Paper Scissors.

Hiro is in Luck and the Heracross is selected.

The Hitmonlee is dissappointed but takes a set near by while the two fighters step forward...

Sara

The Psyduck taps the ball and in an instant Sara has a new bird pokemon.

Ryoko doesn't hesitate for a second and tosses a ball at the frozen Scyther, eager to capture the sword pokemon.

Meanwhile Yuriko releases her newly caught pokemon... She holds it up infront of Sara, almost uncomfortably close to her face, "I caught a Caterpie! Isn't he the cutest?" The caterpie makes a squee sound and smiles at Sara and wiggles in Yuriko's arms. Yuriko beamed with joy and pride.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby ZamuelNow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 am

Reuben
HP: 1
Credits: 1,000
Location: Woods

Everything happened so fast, Reuben didn't have time to react. Suddenly, the Growlithe had the leek and the Farfetch'd was whimpering with silent squawks of pain. He was a little shaken up by it all but he had to get the situation under control. The leek of a Farfetch'd was far too important to them to be used as a simple chew toy. Walking over to Kaoru's Growlithe, Reuben grabbed one end of the leek while looking directly into the puppy's eyes.

"NO."

There was a firmness to his tone the Reuben wasn't used to coming out of his own mouth. Actually shook him up a little. Taking the leek, he walked over and gave it to the Farfetch'd. The wing looked pretty bad. Seemed like it was obviously broken. Reuben would need a little more than the first aid kit's basics. The salve would help reduce the swelling and the pain but it was back at his tent. He'd need to make a splint to set the bones then head back. All of the nearby sticks were either too curvy or too fragile to be used. Then he realized the one thing that would work--his fishing rod. Originally, he had hoped they could photograph some water types but this was more important. Surprisingly sturdy, the fishing rod took some effort to break but soon he had short poles for setting the wing. The Farfetch'd wasn't very cooperative and Reuben got pecked and thrashed several times. However, he managed to get the wing set in a splint. While the Farfetch'd was still giving Reuben death glares, it managed to calm down a fair bit.

Looking over to his shoulder at Kaouru, "I hate to leave Terry and Henry behind but we're gonna need to go back. I have a healing salve we need to use on this little guy and the teachers may be able to help too."

OOC wrote:Intimidation to get Growlithe to let go of leek: 1d20+5=20
Treatment: 1d20+6=25
User avatar
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 am

Henry Soil
HP: 0

"Rustle!" He called in surprise. The small rodent had disappeared, but his attack had been successful. Beneath the rippling surface the Pikachu was scrambling to find the surface, but not before grabbing the gold pendant!

"Pika!" He said with a gasp, the pendant around his neck. He swam to the side and launched himself out with all the speed an agility he could to get distance between him am the barboach.

two move actions to get the pendant and get out.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest