Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Pokemon Academy (IC Temp Pause.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Pokemon Academy (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Henry Soil
HP: 2

Henry was flabbergasted. His thoughts stopped only long enough to ponder such a funny word and then raced back to the news he'd just received. 'Why?' he wanted to know. The fact that Mr. Saotome was quitting hadn't sunk in yet. The pain of losing the club was still stinging.

"Why do you have to quit? That doesn't make any sense when the school year has just started," Henry pointed out. Maybe if he could understand why Mr. Saotome was leaving, he could accept the loss of the Wilderness Club.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby ZamuelNow » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Reuben
HP: 1
Credits: 1,000

Reuben was rather shocked at Mr Saotome's announcement. However, something didn't sit right with him. It seemed odd for the teachers to take them all the way out here only to cancel things. While it's possible they could have gotten a phone call, cell reception would probably be poor. Did something happen late at night? Was this actually a test of some sort to see how the students handled bad news? So lost in thought, Reuben wound up bumping into Ryoko. "Sorry! Didn't notice you. I mean I did but..I didn't. But..." Reuben struggled to regain composure with how embarrassed he was in almost knocking her over. Managing to calm down, "I...I think something is up. Try to see if you can get any details from your big sis about what's going on. I'll ask Henry if he's got any idea what could have happened after we eat."
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Sakuro » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 am

Alister
HP: 0
Cnd: Healthy

Alister received the disbanding of the wilderness with a perturbed look on his face. But no comment came from the teen, as once the announcement was given he grabbed himself a plate and some eating utensils. Settling down he watched Mrs. Itou cook the eggs with no real interest in the cooking. Actually, he paid more attention to the cook herself.

"Scrambled ... and I'd rather stick around for the weekend."

In saying the latter comment Alister rose his voice, so as to clearly annoyance his stance on the staying or return to school issue.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 am

Sara Kite
Condition: Determined
HP 1+1 limited

The news shook Sara like an earthquake. This club had meant freedom, adventure, being able to do what she wanted to do with her pokemon. And now it was all ending. The question on her mind was 'why?' But she felt it a rude one to ask so instead she simply said "I joined to learn about the wilderness, since we only get this one trip I'd best learn all I can while I can. Scrambled please."
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:20 am

Henry

Mr. Saotome sighed a little as Henry demanded more information, "The world rarely works how we want it to. A certain opportunity has arisen. I have no choice to take this chance to complete something very important. That is all I can tell you."

Ruben

Ryoko nodded, "Ya this is weird... Reika-nee-chan was up really late last night..."

Group

Once everyone was fed, Ms Itou clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. "Since everyone wants to keep going, we're going to play a bingo game!" Jiyuu and Reika began to hand out hip bags with reinforced sides to keep a perfect rectangular shape. Inside the bags were a dozen small plastic containers, each empty. There was also a Camera and a note book inside.

"The book has detailed information on all berries, wild herbs, and any poisonous plants on this mountain side. The game is very simple, you will break up into teams, you can choose your team size but we want you to be at least in pairs. Use the containers to collect berries and herbs, and the camera to take pictures of wild pokemon, and poisonous plants. Of course catching wild pokemon also count. The team with the most unique things spotted or collected in 2 hours wins a special prize!" Ms. Itou smiled brightly towards the students.

"With the berries and herbs collected, we'll then use them to teach people how to make potions, antidotes, and other medicines."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
HP 1+1 limited

"Sounds as good a way to learn as any" Sara says before casting a contemplative gaze over the other students. She had worked well with both Henry and Reuben before as well as Ryoko so they would be her best options. Eventually deciding she turned to Ryoko and says "You up for a team up again?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby whiteprofit » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Henry Soil

Since Henry was sharing a tent with Rueben, as well as their small business at school, he thought it was safe to assume they'd work together today. He looked for eye contact to confirm and then grabbed Terry and Kaoru as well. He saw Sara talking to Ryoko and decided it best to limit the size of their team so they didn't have to split the prize too many ways, though he wouldn't object if they asked to work with them. The more the merrier in Henry's mind.

When Henry had the three boys together, and anyone Ruben had brought too, he made the following suggestion: "I think we should split up for the first hour, cover more ground. Rueben and Kaoru head across the river and make your way out and then back. Terry and I will stay north along the bank and then cut into the woods above where w are now. We can meet up for the second hour to compare notes at a cave up the river from us. Just be careful, there is a rather large and ornery Onix living there. We should try to at least get a picture."

I would like to capture the Barboach for sure and then have us all try to fight the Onix after. Unless of course Sara goes after it first. I can't remember if I built Barboach and sent it to you yet. Let me know if you need that still.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Alister

Alister took his time eating and cleaning up after himself. He was interested in learning, but putting a treasure hunt spin on the exercise didn't do anything for the teen. When he had finished cleaning up Alister took note of the groups that had started to take shape the darkly clad youth beckoned over anyone who hadn't found partners of their own already with gestures from his right hand. Loitering by the fire he skimmed over the information packet and looked for information on the berries he had found near camp the other day.
OOC wrote:I don't remember who all is in the Club. Alister will work with anyone though.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby ZamuelNow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Reuben

"Just a little too much salt." Reuben chewed, contemplating the situation at hand. The scavenger hunt exercise would prove to be very useful but it had an air of busy work that seemed like the group was being distracted. Well, he might as well make the most of it.

Seeking out Henry, he joined with the other boys as they planned the course of the day. He was mostly on board with it until Henry mentioned the cave. "Um...if the Onix is ornery, shouldn't we avoid taking pictures or doing anything else near it? Considering we already had one poke-calamity this week, I'm a little wary about inviting another."
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:54 am

Henry Soil

Henry contemplates Reuben's worry and decides its pretty rational. "That's true. Lets see what happens and if we even need it. It's a back up plan in case we don't find anything good. Deal?"

Wasting no more time, the group splits up.
I split us up like this so the players could post independently from eachother. As im going to try and catch something. But if you'd rather us stay together let me know. Whatever is easier for you.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Groups are

Sara, Ryoko, Yukari

Terry and Henry

Reuben and Kaoru

Alister and Hiro

I don't think I missed any 1st year NPC's, but if I did, let me know

Henry

Henry, eager to find the Barboach makes a bee line for the river, along the way Henry spots some Oran berries, and him and Kaoru quickly grab a sample, as well as an extra berry for their pokemon. (1 time use, recover 1 Status effect)

Along the river, Henry begins searching...

I'd like to know how you search, you may perform an investigate roll, perception roll, or use your pokemon. Or if you have an interesting idea on how to find the Barboach, you may go ahead and do it, if I find it especially good, I may award a bonus

Sara

Sara and the rest of the girls begin their search, and quickly spot a Ratata. Wasting no time the girls take a photo, before the rodent scampers off. Next the girls spot a Sentrent, and like wise take a photo. As the girls search, Ryoko turns to Sara, "Where do you want to search? There is a lot of different terrain around here. There are a few caves in the area, we can stay in the dense forest, we could head for the river, or we could find one of the main tall grass marsh areas. Depending where we go we will find different pokemon."

Feel free to pick an environment that will influence the kind of pokemon that appears, please note any kind of pokemon that might be in the area, and if it is not obvious, your reasoning.

Reuben

Reuben's skill at cooking allows him to spot plenty of herbs and berries on his travels. In fact, with in only 20 minutes he is quickly able to find nearly a full dozen different samples, and with out knowing it he quickly takes the lead in the bingo contest.

Kaoru's Growlithe sauntered around the forest sniffing everything in sight, "So..." Kaoru said with a sigh, "Anything you're looking for? I think we have the advantage with Growlithe's nose."

Alister

Hiro frowned as Alister and him searched, neither working too hard at finding things, "So... I'm guessing you're responsible for Mr. Saotome quitting? I guess that's better than someone... dying." Hiro said with a frown, "I just hope you don't get hurt doing... what ever it is you plan. By the way.... we looking for anything specific, or going anywhere in particular? Or are we just walking in circles?" Hiro pointed to a rock, "Have we passed that already? I can't tell."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Alister

Alister didn't respond to Hiro's initial question. He didn't need to. The boy had figured it out already. Alister's dark eyes were panning the brush along the trail he had gathered firewood the previous day. He did have an objective beyond wondering around doing nothing, which he explained after Hiro inquired about their destination.

"I'm looking for a patch of berries I found the other day. Had a fight with some bear pokemon yesterday and it left Grifter worn out. So I want an edge in case we come upon something grumpy."

When Hiro pointed out a rock that he seemed to believe they'd walked by previously Alister looked over at it, and studied it for a second before resuming his trek.

"Why don't you give it a good swift kick and make sure it isn't a Geodude following us around."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Sara Kite
Condition: Good
HP 1+1 limited

"Everything needs to drink, plants, humans and pokemon alike so our best bet would be the river. Yukari, you stay on the lookout for berries and herbs and be careful, but photograph if you can, any poisonous plants. Ryoko, you and I will search for pokemon. Feel free to catch something too, I have a feeling you may need it when we get back to school." With this Sara leads the girls to the river and begins her search.

A list of 10 possible pokemon
Psyduck*
Corphish
Magicarp
Wooper
Slowpoke
Goldeen
Mudkip
Nidoran (getting water)
Houndour (likewise)
Shroomish (As well)
The last 3 are mostly so if you choose to have Ryoko catch something it does not have to be a water type. If there is a Psyduck I would like to try to catch it. It is not a flying type but it is a Bird type and was thus overlooked when I made my list
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Henry Soil

Henry pulls out his Pokedex and scrolls to the Barboach page. "Ground and Water type..." he contemplates allowed, adding to Terry, "I'm at a complete disadvantage! Even if Pikachu would listen to me, his attacks never hurt yesterday when Barboach burrowed into the mud. And the water he has will blast through Cubone and Sandshrew's defenses."

As they wandered the river bank Henry recalled the shiny object from the day before and wondered if it could be used to lure the Barboach out of the water. "Terry, can you have your Pidgey look for a shiny object in the river? The Barboach wasn't far from it yesterday and I think that will lead us to him."

With Pidgey on the hunt, Henry summoned Rustle, Shrew, and Cubone.

"Alright, team. I hope you enjoyed breakfast because now it's time to earn ourselves a victory. I will need all of your help to capture the Barboach from yesterday. I think we can do it, if we work together."

"Pika," says Rustle, folding his little yellow arms in front of him indignantly. He seems less than enthused.

"Oh, don't worry Rustle. If you don't think you're fast enough you don't have to participate."

"PI!" he yells, determined to prove his prowess.

"Oh yeah? Do you think you can get that shiny object from the water again? This time, you have to get Barboach to come out of the water though. So you'll have to get up the bank and back by me."

Pikachu doesn't answer verbally, but Henry is sure he'll perform when the time is right.

"As for you two, I'm worried about the battle. This is a water type Pokemon and we have to expect a watergun blast or two in there. Are either of you up for that?"

Shrew seems less than ready, but doesn't want to disappoint. Cubone spun his bone club around and thwacked the ground. "Bone! Cubone!"

"Alright, that's settled. You'll be our backup, Shrew. Let's catch this fish!"
Pikachu will be dashing for the [locket?] and drawing the Barboach out of the water. Once it's on land, Cubone and Henry will challenge it to a battle.
Terry should take a picture also, just in case we don't make the catch... :D
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby ZamuelNow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Reuben

Deep in thought, Reuben was slightly startled when Kaouru broke the silence. "At first I was trying to get a little bit of everything but I think we should get some Rawst Berries. Fire types like them and I know both you and Ryoko so they'd go to use."

Reuben went back to thumbing through his guidebook and then he suddenly stopped. It seemed like an idea crept into his young mind. "What if...what if we found a Miracle Berry? It's not on the bingo but it is in the book. Those are incredibly rare, used in both VERY high end cooking and medicine for dire emergencies. So, what do you say? Want to try for it after we get some Rawst Berries? The book gives a description of what they smell like."
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room