Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat [Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat [OOC]

Postby Shock » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Yeah, I figured that Trevor and Selina were waiting to see what happened with Barbara.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Blergh! I didn't receive any update messages for the OOC thread and waited to see if anyone had anything to add.

There's no roll for Trevor and Selina to notice the bag. It's painfully obvious. And yes, immunity to poison doth include similar toxins, which includes alcohol.

And yeah... RL has been demanding lately, but I try to keep things posted and moving.

As a note, however, I'd like if you posted what your character intends to do even if it's still not the time to do it; that helps me add pointers that may give additional clues or openings to those courses of actions, or subtly discourage them if they are not bound to yield results :)

Also, like I told Spectrum... read closely. I never write anything that cannot be used for the story, even the details I add just for color can be used as sources for Complications or Hero-Point-Usage, or have some hidden clues or side/subplot seeds.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Assuming the guild of the bat has some minor fundage given to us I plan on challenging the others to a drinking contest and snatching the bag when they're so drunk they don't know what's going on.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Coyotzin wrote:Also, like I told Spectrum... read closely. I never write anything that cannot be used for the story, even the details I add just for color can be used as sources for Complications or Hero-Point-Usage, or have some hidden clues or side/subplot seeds.

Darnit Coyo! I'm a witch hunter not a mind reader! :)

Sorry, needed to say that.

Hopefully, we're able to pick up on those subtle clues. I'm sure that I'm stumbling through many of them.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

sweetja713 wrote:Assuming the guild of the bat has some minor fundage given to us I plan on challenging the others to a drinking contest and snatching the bag when they're so drunk they don't know what's going on.

Sounds good to me. If I can get him to follow Barbara outside, that part should be easily taken care of.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Since Selina spotlight hogged at the Docks, I'll take a step back and let you run with your plan... it's more subtle than mine anyways. Selina's plan: Here's a punch for you, here's one for you too, I'll take that bag. Bye! Trevor actually stands a chance of getting out of the bar without someone calling the cops...
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Waiting on your post, Sweetja.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 pm

sweetja713 wrote:Assuming the guild of the bat has some minor fundage given to us I plan on challenging the others to a drinking contest and snatching the bag when they're so drunk they don't know what's going on.

Unless you have "dirt poor" as a Complication, you can certainly afford the glorified bilge water that's served in this place :)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 am

250? I didn't realize Kerstin could move that fast. Those are some nice boots ;}
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 am

Yep, jump 8 boots- as a step down from flying.

It looks like I spent many points on 'unncessary' items for the type of game and am currently feeling a little.. 'weak'?

At some point soon, it would be nice to go oocly through what we know and what we don't know in our mysteries and try to get a clearer picture of what's happening and what our next step should be.

I suspect (at least in my case) that I'm/we're missing some of the breadcrumb clues.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:43 am

I'm sure Coyo would have told you if your build was waaay off. ;} You are missing the Insight skill. That's going to hurt for a bit but it's not terrible.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 am

I think that one of the flaws with M&M3e is that at lower PLs, characters who are primarily skill-monkeys are really hard to make. I had a similar problem with doing Catwoman, she has a lot of major deficits. Well, maybe not a "lot" but several.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:55 am

Same here. Barbara is slightly off PL defensively and way off on offense as well as still being a bit short on the skills I wanted. So having Kerstin around can only help cover up those deficiencies.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:07 am

I *always* build my characters to offensive and defensive caps, unless there's a very specific reason not too. All of Selina's deficits are in terms of Skills, and I'd actually like her Cat Suit to have more functionality, which explains the earlier wrangling about whether I could give it a variable power, etc...

Anyways.

Shock, since you're online, I was planning on having Selina accost Barbara and McClintock to keep them in the alley. Would that completely screw up what you had planned? If Selina starts yelling at Barbara, would she stop, turn around, and play along?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 am

I was actually expecting Selina to intervene once they were outside of the bar, so yeah that'd be fine.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room