Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat [Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat [OOC]

Postby Spectrum » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Did the officer "Johann" ever put down his pistol at the nice English gentlemen?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Officer Johann holstered his pistol reluctantly, looking between the foreigners and the woma

Tsk, tsk, I feel under-appreciated ;)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:57 pm

*drama sigh* You know how these English are around even itty bitty little guns. I just had to make sure that they didn't have room to be excessively worried ;)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Been meaning to get a post up... I'll work on that next-ish.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:56 pm

I'll admit, I've been out of comics for the last few years (got tired of both major companies insisting on blowing up their worlds to get ratings).. but is this anywhere close to who Catwoman is these days?

Truly, this isn't meant as a knock, I am really that out of the loop.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Shock » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Lord Fell's taking a bit of artistic license ;}
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 pm

In the last 20 or so years, I've bought three comic books... In Defense of Fascism, a compilation of Bob the Angry Flower, a Watchmen Graphic Novel, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting my original first editions damaged, and the sequel to Batman: The Dark Knight Returns -whatever the hell that was called.

So... I guess the question of what I'm basing my Catwoman on is worth discussing. While I was still a comic collector, I was getting Batman, and I picked up Year One (again, first editions as part of the regular Batman comic run at the time, I think they were #400-403), which prompted me to pick up Catwoman Year One, which was a mini series. In those books, Selina's origins are a bit vague, but the implication is that she might be Carmine Falcone's daughter. She also has a sister who's a bonafide Catholic Nun; I incorporated some of that into my versions background. My Selina's father is the singing chimney sweep, Kyle Prendergast (an entirely original creation). Selina's half-sister, the nun in my imagining is the illegitimate child of her father and Falcone's wife (although I've anglicized him to be Cameron Falconer).

Looking at the Catwoman at Comic Vine, what struck me most about her is that despite being one of DC's truly iconic characters, Catwoman does not have an official origin. She doesn't. Again, that gives me a lot of room to do what I wanted, and it also brought me back to Frank Miller's work. Now, Frank's an excellent writer, but when he is criticized, it's usually to point out that "The Frank Miller Method" of writing is "just add whores." I don't know if Catwoman was a prostitute before Miller wrote an origin for her, or if DC has been reluctant to adopt his background for her as canon because of it... but it's what I'm most familiar with. In any case... Miller's Selina Kyle did seem to be somewhat more of a dominatrix than prostitute, and there is a difference -at least as far as Canada's criminal code (my home country) and what a dominatrix would tell you. So, I tend to lean a bit more to that way of thinking than to just simply say "Selina was a hooker." I'm actually drawing a certain amount of influence from Lady Heather for the concept and personality.

In any case... if you understand where my vision of the character is coming from, you can probably see that having her dress up as a Strict Nun and take a riding crop to someone is hardly taking license with the Catwoman personality at all.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Has the Tunguska event happened in the game world? We're probably still a little early for it. Or are we about to cause it? :shock:
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:33 pm

It happened already. It was caused by a space pod from Kripton ;)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Kripton- Krypton's gangster twin sibling?
Crypton- Krypton's dead twin sibling?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Kripton - Spanish spelling from a native Spanish speaker GM with extra freelance translation work about to deduce HP awards from smartass player ;)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am

I had a very busy end-of-week (which included Thu-Fri) and I'm thoroughly smashed as the last piece of work peters out from my schedule; I'll post stuff later (much later) today prolly, earlier if I need to write something creative to avoid going mad ^^;
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 pm

I should have posted myself, I think.

Actually, I had to blink when I checked my list of games and realized I was in 6 games, and running a 7th. This isn't my only game that could be moving a bit faster... but we did pick up a little, now I need to make sure I'm keeping up with my own posts.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Rest up Coyo. We don't need a cranky GM ;}
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 am

I'm on the fence as to whether Barb's gonna slug him or play along.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room