Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat [Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat [OOC]

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 pm

I know, right? One minute, he's being polite, giving constructive criticism, even complimenting me saying my character has potential, and then it almost feels like he's rejecting me from the thread!!
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Spectrum wrote:Fell, I'm starting to suspect that you're having problems with the security of your ATT account. Some other person keeps sneaking on and is a really nice guy or a complete bastard. I'm.. not sure who the real owner of the account is at this point ;)

I once killed two campaigns with one post. If you don't think I'm a bastard, you're not paying attention.

:P
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Spectrum, I don't think Madame Rouge has left yet. What Coyo said was that you have a chance to act before she does.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks again- Fixed now.

Catching up and replying to things too quickly.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm

@Shock
Is Barbara foregoing the chance to bitch about Selina to Trevor? I can keep Selina entertained for a few more moments...

@Coyotzin
It occurs to me that the Guildhouse doesn't seem to have any permanent staff... Alfred probably stays close to the manor, Miss Cassie should be wherever LOrd Wayne is, since she's his body guard, and Lucius should be at work in Wayne's factory, or... wherever it is he works. I was thinking the Guild House could use a solid, dedicated overseer. Possibly Master Richard Greyson, or... Mistress Victoria Vale, I dunno...

In any case, I need to know who's around for Selina to interact with.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Lord Fell wrote:@Shock
Is Barbara foregoing the chance to bitch about Selina to Trevor? I can keep Selina entertained for a few more moments...

She tried bitching and he ignored it so I switched gears.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm

He's too much of a gentleman to indulge and not enough of one to listen sympathetically or at least that's my excuse. I swear I did not miss the turns to trevor bit. Ok maybe.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:39 pm

sweetja713 wrote:He's too much of a gentleman to indulge and not enough of one to listen sympathetically or at least that's my excuse. I swear I did not miss the turns to trevor bit. Ok maybe.

LOL. It's ok. I feel safe in speculating that Selina will provide more opportunity to bitch in the future ;}
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Oh course! Like... helping make breakfast tomorrow...

...I imagine it will look something like that. Except Selina doesn't have a tattoo sleeve.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Well- I won't be able to check this thread from work until we go to the next page..
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Ok; I was out most of the weekend and full of urgent work today, but I have caught up with my IC threads, now for OOC!

@Spectrum: As was mentioned, Rouge had not left yet. It was not her initiative yet and thus Kirsten was not yet released from her grasp; that is immaterial given the rolls you made so it's just a matter of shuffling things about for the same result. It's now Brunel's turn and her chances of escaping are very much in the air, barring GM fiat ;)

@Lord Fell: A permanent staff is an idea I have been working with, but it will prolly not be implemented until the team returns from abroad. Right now, only Alfred and Cass are in the house (which may mean Lord Wayne is present, just keeping to himself). Also, I remember Furyan too :)

@Harry Ham Bone: Given how the game is now being shaped, character concepts are no longer as open as during recruitment, so I'm going to outright reject a Green Lantern build. The game is intended as Steampunk Batfamily in tone and development, so low-key powers and builds are much preferred. Also a focus on investigation and skills, as some players have recently discovered ;) Also, the Justice League characters are undisclosed NPCs, agents of the Hanseatic League as exposed in the IC trhead.

On recruitment... if all current players are ok with it, I may do a sneaky thing and welcome an additional character for introduction without announcing it in the OP or the title, with a couple of caveats: The character must adhere to the current and developing tone of the game, and suggest how the character can be introduced into the story. That means applicants read both the OOC and IC threads and won't need any catch-up. What do you think, oh, players who are on the forums more frequently than I am these days? ^^;;
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm

It's alright. I understand. I'm actually trying for a fantasy RPG on another thread called Legacy of War.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

It would be a little hypocritical of me to have a problem with a soft recruitment where you target specific players and character concepts ;)

The big thing is to make sure that the two threads both have enough juice to them to keep going. On the other hand, not having so much going on that you loose track of advancing the two separate lines.

I do not envy you on that.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:21 pm

@Coyotzin re: a new player
I'm content with our numbers, actually. I was mostly moved by a whim based on Harry's character being the right tone for the game... although I did wonder if a JLA-type might not be exactly right for the Guild. My suggestion that we consider Harry's application was entirely motivated by our "duty" to develop new players for the boards. Of course, my suggestion put you in a tough spot, especially when Enigmatic One immediately voiced an interest in joining as well...

If Harry's moved on to Legacy of War, and hopefully gets into that game, then maybe this is a moot issue. On the other hand, lots of us play in more than one game, and he may not even get into that game... I think the cast for Legacy of War is going to be decided shortly; perhaps if he's without a game after that recruitment, we can revisit the notion of developing an appropriate GoB character for him.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Well, Fell had already (with a suspicious amount of patience and understanding I note) already mentioned this to me, so my comment on the subject is, if I can have a shot at submitting, great. If not, sorry about being an intrusive bounder and good luck to all currently in the Guild.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room