Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Guild of the Bat [Closed]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Guild of the Bat [OOC]

Postby Macguffin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Pretty sure Selina and Babs were on their way back from the alley at that point.
Macguffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Macguffin wrote:Pretty sure Selina and Babs were on their way back from the alley at that point.

Fairy muff.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Here's a query related to the scene...

Where did Slade come from? Did he not have to go past Selina?

He could have come from somewhere else in the bar.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Rolling at -5 to use a move action for a skill check normally requiring a standard action is a house rule, but it's one I adopt, so it's safe to leave it. Otherwise, only remove the roll for defense :)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:29 pm

A woman staring through the main window of a bar would have been to obvious, so I assumed that Selina was spying inside through a side window, while Wilson came through the front door.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Removed references to the roll.

Sorry, read this on p 6 of the book under Deception, didn't realize that it was a house rule.

Deception takes as long as it takes to spin-out your story. Uses of Deception in action rounds are generally standard actions, although you can attempt to deceive as a move action by taking a –5 penalty to your check.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Oh, bugger. they added that to the general description rather than to Feinting.... so it's not a house rule/addenda anymore. Well, I was allowing it anyway ^^.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 am

Boots of springing and striding: Leaping 8, requires an acrobatics skill roll (AE Speed 4) + Movement: Safe fall, wall-crawling 2 sure footed 1, trackless removable (9)

Does this get me any kind of bonus on that balance roll? I suspect that I may have been much better off purchasing flight after all. :)

edit: Or given that the boots are supposed to represent Hong King wirefu awesomeness, could she jump from where the car starts spinning to where it rights itself?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 am

Is Selina closer to where Barbara would be in reference to Slade?

Also, for DC knowledge, as a Player I assume that Deathstroke would mop the floor with Madame le Chat, probably all three of us would be in trouble. On the other hand... DC Steampunk Fusion!!! Does Selina have a notion of how tough Deathstroke would be in this world, comparatively?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:00 pm

At a guess, the side window should be closer to the alley than the front door. The way I read the description, he'd wipe the floor with us unless the Chemist managed to hit him with something nasty.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Oh I can do that, let's just hope the confusion of two McClintocks would allow for a surprise attack. Or that he someone completely fails to notice the unconscious one.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:01 pm

I think Shock is right... Selina can't be sure exactly sure how dangerous Slade is (comparatively), but the description leads me to believe that what she knows would lead her to believe that he's extremely dangerous (even comparatively). So... Selina's going to try and prevent (run away) from a confrontation with him.

To whit, I need to know where Trevor is going, where Slade went, and how those places/directions correlate to where Barbara and she are.
...Selina would kind of like to recover her manacles (not because she doesn't have a spare) but because the fact that McClintock is manacled but not robbed indicates something very hinky just happened to him. If recovering those manacles is probably not possible without running into Slade, then she'll have to do that as well.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:12 pm

trevor would be headed behind slade hoping to catch up to him before he gets to you two.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 am

I'm sorry. I'm going through some stuff right now. I don't think I'll be able to post again til the weekend at the earliest.

If you need to roleplay me to move things along, please do.

Thanks.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Damnit... the board insists on not sending me notifications for the OOC thread :P

OK; let's say the bar's main entrance is facing North, and the backstreet behind the bar where Barbara and Selina took MacClintock is South, parallel with the street in front of the bar. Selina is spying through a side window on the West side, and Stephanie is on the South East corner. Slade turned right, which means heading East. It will be a bit of time longer for him to reach their spot (he doesn't know where Barbara took McClintock and is not 100% familiar with the area, so he's starting at random). I'll leave sweetja to decide whether to overtake and walk past him, or head West. It might help Trevor decide if Selina signals him :)

Selina knows that Slade is, indeed, a very dangerous man and is safe to assume she can't handle him on her own. The three of them might have a chance if worse comes to worse, but they have to be ingenious.

For this game, I'm reducing the PLs of all NPCs from the Heroes & Villains books, so Deathstroke is not the PL 13 he is in the book, bot something lower, but still a heck of a challenge.

@Spectrum: With the boots, no roll necessary :) I was only looking at your skill bonuses.

Also, pondering whether to wait for roguescribner or skip Blackstone and give him a free action on next turn... I'll decide by tomorrow, but feel free to say something on the matter, Spectrum and Macguffin.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room