Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: 3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

Postby Shock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Trissa
HP: 1 LP: 0

Trissa had to admit, to herself at least, that the man's masters were powerful beings, if he spoke the truth. And she believed that he did. But she wasn't about to let Morticus know that. "And why would beings of such power need a lackey like yourself to work for them? They'll be stopped, as they always have, because they are powerless to prevent it. They are nothing but an empty threat."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:32 pm

---Prison---

" Lackey? Lackey? You still do not understand, you dumb ditz!" Morticus hissed, clearly enraged by her lack of respect for beings that could easily annihilate not only earth but the galaxy at the very least if not stopped. For a brief moment, his concentration slipped and Trissa was able to catch a glimpse of someone else...someone clearly human, even though she gave her the creeps...a tall, willowy woman of ageless, pale yet disturbing beauty...

By the way, I need something from Gloom for the Highway scene
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Cond: normal

Gloom flies straight up, hopefully out of reach of any further acrobatic attacks. Also he takes his "prisoner" with him and addresses his audience: "Please, stop the hostilities. I could loose the grip on your compatriot. On this height, this could proof itself disastrous."

sorry, wasn't sure he could act again. Do you need any further rolls?
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Neo-Paladin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

---Highway---

Hazid's mental attack is shrugged off by sheer stubbornness, it seems. For a moment, it seems as if they are intent on ignoring Gloom's ultimatum. That is, until the one in green kneels down, grabs something from Wolf's belt...and launches another series of tear gas pellets at Apex...though they miss him by a wide margin, exploding in another spot...where, this time for everyone to see, a gaunt figure becomes visible for a moment.

At the same time, the one held by Gloom bellows, " That's our watcher, you idiots! Attack him and be quick!"
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Hazid knew it. His blazing cyan eyes focus on the watcher. He speaks words of power, conjuring the One thousand and one nightmares, a spell from his darkest repertoire. The figure is attacked by its deepest fears, flashing before his eyes. The sheer force of the psychic attack threatens to rip its mind apart!

One thousand and one nightmares: Mental blast: Dmg will DC 21, perception attack.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Shock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Trissa

"I am stupid indeed, it seems." Trissa smiled inwardly. She was very close. "So make me understand.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Walking Dad » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 am

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Cond: normal

Gloom looks from the shape in the smoke and gas and then to the man held by his shadow tentacle. His face shows a wry smile as he asks: "Do you want to get down gentle or shall we try a cannonball team-move?"

free action to talk, waiting for the NPC response.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:02 pm

---Highway---

Amidst the dissipating clouds, the creature crooks its neck to look at Hazid, apparently completely unaffected by his spell....

Sorry, immune to mental effects.

The luchador grins at Gloom, showing a few gold teeth among his pearly whites. " Go ahead, give me all you've got! But we only got one shot at this!"

---Prison---

Again, the image of the pale woman flashes through Morticus' mind, but before he can do something, she looks directly at Trissa, then shrieks, " What is she doing here? Slay her already!" Morticus groans, then jerks completely straight, an empty look in his eyes as he begins to chant, his voice changing into an angry female hiss....
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Apex / Jack Vandal
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Excited ... still ... and Fatigued ... [3/3 Close Combat & Ranged Attack, 0/3 Enhanced Strength]

"That's our watcher, you idiots! Attack him and be quick!"

idots! idiots! idiots

"Who you call idiot, puny mask man!?!"

Apex! NO! He's right, we're idiots!

"Huh?"

That thing, their 'watcher', that's what made them do this, look at these guys do you think they'd really steal something like a page from an occult book?? This is what Timber Wolf was thinking ... HELP THEM!

Looking up at the grinning Lucadore held aloft by Gloom, Apex screamed at him. "Nobody call Apex idiot! Me keep your brother handy in case you try to run after dis. Den me beat you both to a pulp!"

With that he surged forward, clearing the distance between him and the large creature. Completely unafraid for his own safety, Apex delivered a crushing blow with his free hand as he landed before the large figure, off balance and wide open for a counter attack.

OOC: Move Action: Leap 4(3 due to Fatigue) to Creature; Standard Action: All Out Attack & Power Attack Full (Net +0 Accuracy; +5 Effect; -5 Active Defenses) (1d20+8=23) If Attack is Successful Free Action for Fast Grab; Strength or Dodge vs DC 27 (Strength +5 Effect from Power Attack); -5 Circumstance Penalty for Apex' Improved Hold. 2nd Free Action to Maintain my right hand grab on the Luchadore. Dodge -1; Parry 1 until Apex next turn re: All Out attack
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby EPIC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Valkyrie

Valkyrie watches as the runes start to glow, knowing that cannot possibly be a good thing. The mist make her a little nervous, but didn't seem to be doing anything, but now Morticus was definitely doing something that warranted some extreme and immediate intervention.

She whirls to the guard. "Get me in there! I need to shut him down!"
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Trissa

It seemed that Trissa had gotten all the information she was going to from Morticus. She jumped forward and threw a punch straight at his face, seeking to disrupt whatever magic he/she was trying to work.

All-out attack for 2 with the brass knux.
Melee attack (1d20 + 13=32) That's Toughness DC24 and Trissa's Parry/Dodge are at 18.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 am

---Prison---

The guard nods and storms in...but as that happens, Trissa's fist already slams into Morticus' face full force, knocking the dark sorcerer to the floor and ending his spell. Nevertheless, the guard rushes over before Mortucs can get up and clamps a pair of handcuffs over his wrists. " secure", he says, turning to Trissa, " I told you this was a bad idea."

---Highway---

The thing does appear to look surprised, if such a thing was possible without a face. Even as the last clouds dissipate, cloaking it in invisibility again, Apex's massive hand slams into it, closing around the impossibly slender form. To touch this thing makes every primal instinct within Apex writhe and squirm. Being a creature of fury and primal emotion, he feels the wrongness of this being even more keenly than the others. It immediately tries to wriggle free by bending its body at impossible angles, but for the moment, Apex' grip holds steady, even though it looks like he is holding nothing in his fist.

I assume the damage dc is 32 again, you did not post it. The creature is at -1 and staggered, nearly slipped free but he still holds it immobilisied for the moment, the Brother's luck control having forced it to reroll to escape. Gloom?
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 am

Trissa

"Quite the opposite." Trissa gestured for the guard to leave and followed him out of the cell. "Morticus confirmed that we are dealing with an attempt to summon the power of an Outsider to our dimension. And he provided me with a mental picture of the one responsible for hiring these mercenaries. I did not recognize her but we may still be able to locate her."

"Thank you for your cooperation, Morticus. Rest assured that we will use your information to thwart your employer's plans shortly."

Trissa turned to Valkryie. "Is there anything else we could accomplish here or shall we be on our way?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Valkyrie

The newbie heroine let out a sigh of relief when she saw Trissa reach out and touch Morticus with extreme prejudice and break his spell. Looks like the amazon had things well in hand.

"Well..I assume you learned something useful from him. Other than that, I can't think of anything else. We should check in with the others and meet back up."
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Condition: normal

Gloom nods and uses his shadow tentacle to hurl the luchadore.

Ranged attack (1d20+8=14)
Ranged attack (brother re-roll) (1d20+8=23)
needed the re-roll. but that succeeded without the skill bonus.
Last edited by Walking Dad on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room