Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: 3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:04 pm

---LA, museum----

Kerberos does not take the bait offered by Timber Wolf. Instead, he just walks by the hero, muttering, " We'll see how far your idealism lasts when your friends get slaughtered."
Then, before anyone can respond, he is out and, a heartbeat later, gone.

So, what do our heroes do now?

---Prison----

Morticus shakes his head, grinning. " They might not...yet, anyway. But others can and will...they will tear down the walls of sanity and I get to watch this whole stinking pile of shit that is humanity tear itself apart. You know, I almost wish you knew what you were up against, just to see how your mind would crack."

---Highway----

They have, indeed and the sands immediately stop any motion that still presents danger. The only vehicle not slowing down is the van which means that its stop comes very sudden. None of the passengers inside have used seatbelts...resulting in the almost comical sight of the front pane shattering under the impact of five garishly clad luchadores who slam into the sands...miraculously unharmed!
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

"We art se new Guardians. Deliver the Necronomicon thou stolen, and thou will be shown mercy." commands the booming voice of the wizard, his eyes ablaze with cyan energy.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Timber Wolf
HP - 1
Condition - ready to move on

He watches Kerberos pass by and disappear into the night.

"I think someone needs some prozac."

Looking back to Apex with a wide grin he reaches up and activates his communication link.

"Breaker, breaker. You got the TimberWolf here. What's your 20, come on back"
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:22 am

Trissa
HP: 1 LP: 0

Trissa ignored the comm for the moment. An interruption now would be counter-productive.

"Indeed." Trissa looked back at Valkyrie and winked. "Perhaps you should wait outside." She turned back to Morticus. "I won't have you panicking my team."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Valkyrie

Valkyrie looks at Trissa, catching the wink. Not sure exactly what she plans to do, Valkyrie would prefer not to show any kind of dissention and simply trust the amazon. After all, if they did face off against Morticus in the future and he thought her a coward, he's be in for a rude shock.

She nods and leaves the room. Once out of the room, she looks around and she flags down an officer. "Can you direct me to someone who can tell me about the girl in the other cell?"
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Cond: normal

Gloom hovers near the genie wizard. As he speaks shadows coagulate around the luchadores to utter darkness, but with subtle manipulation, somehow TEO is still able to see. Gloom himself isn't hindered by the darkness at all. "You should give up now..."

Arrays on flight and Obscure (concealment cloud attack.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

---Prison----

Morticus grin turns truly predatory. " Oh, an innocent soul, then? How sweet...My employers would love her..." he stands up, moving towards the glass, the runes covering it glowing with a greenish light as they keep him at bay. " But you...you are different. Hardened...it would take so much longer to break you..."

The officer frowns as he thinks for a moment. " Oh, yes...nothing special, really. Her name's Lucy Farrows. Apparently she's got a minor magic talent and attempted to resurrect a zombie from a veteran's grave on a dare. We kept her here to protect her from possible magical backlash while we wait for her mother to pick her up. Kids...they really shouldn't mess with that stuff..." He shakes his head.

---Highway----

The two heroes are met with a salvo of insults and denials in mexican Spanish while the five brothers seem to...organize themselves without being able to see each other, doing a concerted effort to run out of the cloud, all headed in the very same direction...which is away from the voices and over the now-parked cars, jumping, sprinting and somersaulting like world-class athletes...
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Trissa

"Some people just have less tolerance for depravity than others." Trissa shrugged. "On the other hand, I doubt that you have what it takes to give me a bad night's sleep, much less break me." She stepped right up to the glass and stared into his eyes. "What can you do that would threaten a true Amazonian warrior's soul?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 pm

---Prison---

" I could show you the true darkness that lies beneath this illusion you take for reality", Morticus hisses, apparently very much enjoying having an audience. " I could peel away layer upon layer of your very soul and drag you, screaming and bleeding into the endless wastes beyond the gates of sanity where the true inheritors of all that is lie in wait."
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Cond: normal

Gloom is slightly disappointed that they are so easily escape his summoned darkness. On his wink the darkness hardens to a leash and he tries to catch one of the fleeing Mexicans. Somehow his dark emotions seem to enhance his powers...

Arrays on flight and Shadow Grip (Move Object).
Shadow Grip Grapple (attack, "strength") (1d20+8=28, 1d20+12=31) :shock: Crit :lol:
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Sorry to say...please reroll the attack, use the lower. Luck manipulation :(
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Apex / Jack Vandal
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Bored.

Apex ducked low and maneuvered through the museum, coming to the entrance. He paused a moment, to look around until he spotted someone. "Hey wolfie try to get dem on da radio again, we done here right?"

He waved his massive hand as he strode towards the pretty young officer, his long stride had him beside her side in two large steps. "Five-five-five ... uhhh ... eight-nine-four-seven ... yeah, dats it." He leaned closer grinning, "Jack want you to call him, but him too puny to ask pretty girl. Hur. Hur."

He turned his back and walked towards Timber Wolf. "Dey coming to pick us up, or Apex gotta find a taxi dat'll fit him?"
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Hazid frowns. "Thou have chosen thy destiny sen." The sands threaten to grab all the luchadores again, but this time it rises up, creating a massive wall of sandstone blocks ahead on the highway. "Quickly Gloom, capture sem"

Using Illusions in the sand, rank 7 illusion, Three senses types, Area 125 cft, independent 6.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Trissa

Trissa shook her head slowly. "So far all I've got is the impotent ravings of a defeated foe." Her head stopped and she stared at him again. "Try me."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 pm

TimberWolf
HP - 1
Condition - getting ready to go...

TimberWolf turns to Apex.

"They're not responding.

"In the case of Trissa and Valkyrie that probably just means they're still working the interrogations. But, with Gloom and TEO it means that they are either someplace the comms don't reach or they're in trouble.

"Let's see if we can find out which."

He activates his comm, "Watcher, if possible I need locations on Gloom and The Enlightened One. We'll need transport to them asap if you can locate them."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room