Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:15 am

Hazid nods at Gloom. He pronounces words of arcane power, and his shape bluurs, his skin turns blue and his eyes ablaze with cyan energy. From his waist down his body turns into a whirlwind of magical energy. He speaks, and when he does, his voice is hollow, and omnipresent. "Thank thou Sire Lovecraft." and flies through the portal.

OOC: Assuming Genie form: Concealment 4 visual, Immunity to suffocation, Insubstantial 4, Standard action activation [-2]
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Re: 3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:07 am

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Cond: normal

Already in his shadow form, Gloom just nods at Lovecraft and flies after the wizard through the portal.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:08 am

Trissa
HP: 1 LP: 0

"It does seem unlikely. And you're hardly in position to make demands." Trissa shrugged. Morticus was more talkative than she expected but about as cooperative. "But I find it hard to believe fun was the only payment for your services. What else did you get?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 am

---The Highway, somewhere south of LA---

It is a good thing that both of our occult heroes step through the portal in incoporal form...for it leads them directly ONTO the highway. The first car passes directly through them, the driver, a middle-aged besuited man, too shocked to do anything besides keep on driving. The others, however, act as anyone would...by stepping on the brakes as hard as they possibly could. Tires screech and you both know that within mere seconds, you could be center in a traffic catastrophe of epic proportions. The Hermanos' van is still a bit away from the scene but they are heading here...

Both of you get a hero point for me dropping you smack dab into trouble

---Prison----

" The usual for a man in my profession...contacts, knowledge that would boil your pathetic brains...", Morticus states, grinning. " One of the others ratted me out as the go-to guy, hm? Who was it? That snotty prick Brit? Hyena, for letting him rut your leg? Or the Flying Loon?"
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 am

Apex / Jack Vandal
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Arguing ... with Jack?!?

"You listen Kirby, cuz Apex knows what it like to be hunted you got 'til da badges get back." Apex nodded his massive head towards the 'Exit' sign. "But you leave dese Herman guys to da New Guardians."

Whaaaat! Big guy he's a criminal, a bad guy, there's an APB out for him!

"Maybe him did what he had to." Apex rolled his shoulders caused his neck muscles to bulge, and tilted his head to the side. Then he looked down at Kerberos and stuck out his jaw. "When you leave, do Jack a favor, hit Apex wit all you got, make it look good for the badges. Hur. Hur."

And you say Apex not smart. Heh. Puny Jack.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:42 am

Hazid simply dissipates seemingly out of existence.

(He has concealment of all visual senses BTW)
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:25 am

Trissa

"What makes you think you're special?" Trissa kept her expression neutral. "I think they promised you a lot but never intended to deliver. You were never anything but a pawn to them."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Cond: normal

Gloom curses silently that he hasn't learned the need trick to blend with shadows yet. On the other hand, it was already to late, as they already hitting the brakes. He flies up raising the first stopping cars with shadowy tentacles, hopefully lifting them out of the way and keeping the worst from happening.

Arrays on flight and move object.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 am

---Prison----

" Everyone is a pawn to them", Morticus retorts. " But this here?" He makes a sweeping gesture across his cell. " This is nothing. How long are you going to imprison me? Ten years, twenty years? They'll still be there when I walk free again. Besides, it's highly unlikely I'll ever sit in court for that little stunt. The days of your kind are numbered."

----LA Museum----

Kerberos hesitates for a moment before he nods. " They did not kill anyone here so I can leave them to you. But know this: I will be watching. The Guardians were my friends and I will not let anyone defile their name."
Then, suddenly, with a whirring of servos, he whirls around, lunging at Apex, his right hand delivering a thundering punch to the grey beast's face.

Since Apex allows him to strike I'll assume he hits. DC 27 to resist.

....Which is exactly the moment when Timber Wolf enters.

---Highway---

Gloom can hear surprised shrieks as his tentacles lift cars out of the way, allowing the ones behind them to race on, though there are still a few crashes and tight spots. The van is also coming closer and closer...
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:11 am

Apex / Jack Vandal
Condition: Content.

The blow that could easily have shattered steel didn't even stagger the beast. A single line of blackish-green blood slowly dripping down his chin only seemed to highlight the grin that Apex gave the man in his wolf head armor.

"Keep yer head down Kirby, I'd rather bang heads wit da bad guys, not da last Guardian." With that he turned his back to the armor clad hero and looked at his companion. "What cha find on da roof, wolfie?"

If an internal dialogue could roll it's eyes, well, Jack was trying.

"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:34 am

TimberWolf
HP - 1
Condition - wtf?

TimberWolf is running towards the strange pair, the monster-turned-hero and the hero-turned-monster, his fists encased is flickering fields of electrical power when Apex suddenly turned and addressed him.

"Well, um, everything fits the Hermanos for the break-in. Nothing to give us any idea of why they did it, though. Haveta say I'm a little disappointed in the crazy bros.

"They could still have been working under duress. One way or another, we need to find 'em though."

He pauses for a moment, then looks at Kerberos.

"Y'know, you were the reason I chose the wolf motif, back when you were more than just a bloody-handed vigilante.

"I can guess why you're here. And, you are neither welcome nor wanted, so why don't you slouch back to whatever dark alley you're hiding in these days, huh?"

Turning his back on the armored man, he thumps Apex playfully on the arm.

"No joke, dude, you can take a punch. You sure we should just let him walk, though?"
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Apex / Jack Vandal
Condition: Thinking about it ...

Apex shrugged his massive shoulders at Timber Wolf's friendly punch. "Better Kirby punch Apex dan puny humans, sides Apex got nuthin' important in his head anyways. Hur. Hur." The monster slowly thought about it, and it was rare that people didn't run away from him, and there Timber Wolf was giving him a thumbs up. It was an odd sensation.

It's called friendship big guy.

"Huh, we not got many o dose do we Jack?"

If you keep talking to yourself, we're bound to lose the ones we have.

You sure we should just let him walk, though?

"It fine, he do sumthin' stupid next time, you out think him, Apex out thump him." The monster grinned a big toothy smile and extended a massive grey-fisted thumbs up. "Time to check in wit da others?"
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:12 pm

TimberWolf
HP - 1
Condition - agreeable

"Yeah, we might as well catch up with the others. I think I got everything I need to know here."

He pauses for a brief moment, shaking his head.

"It just doesn't fit what I know about the Hermanos, though. I hope there's more to the story than the evidence suggests."

He shrugs at his last words, but the casualness of the gesture doesn't quite cover up the disappointment he's obviously feeling.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Trissa

Trissa shook her head. "Our kind? Neither you nor your employer has the means to wipe out all of humanity."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Hazid materializes over the dividing wall casting a spell over the van. The concrete around it instatly turning into sand that binds it on its place, along with any other vehicle around it, thus preventing any accident. The wizard hoped that the drivers having seem Glooms dark tendeils raising in the air would have slowed down.

Using grasping sands, area snare dc 18 I believe over the van
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room