Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: 3e: Earth-47: The New Guardians Reboot (IC)

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Jack Vandal / Apex
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Cracking Codes.

Does anyone else have any abilities or training that could assist in gathering or analyzing evidence?"

Jack cracked a lop sided smile. "While not exactly a super sleuth, or the guy to go to when you need a forensics analysis, cryptography shares some aspects of those fields. Look for a pattern, determine it's nature in relation to the situation, and then identify and examine the things that are out of place. I've broke NSA, CIA and half a dozen other alphabet agencies databases, and even cracked an alien language and spy network. So I can assist you in working from the computer side of things." Jack cracked his fingers and began quickly tapping out an email on the keyboard at the communications console. "A museums computer security should be joke, or we could ask, being the Guardians and all."
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Cond: normal

"So, we got a hacker to turns into some musclebound brute in the team. And I thought I was the only ex-crook. No to the question, by the way, I'm more experienced with trying to leave no evidence than to find some." Gloom chuckles and explains.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:21 pm

I might device information through rituals; whatever thou art speaking about is unknown to me." the wizard says.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:53 pm

The guard motions you to wait while he calls on his superiors to verify your claims. After a moment, he returns, nodding. " Seems everything checks out...good work saving our president's butt, by the way. So, whom do you want to talk to?"
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Trissa
HP: 1

Trissa thought for a moment and glanced at Valkyrie. Of the four, there was only one that might talk.

"The Brit."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Valkyrie

Valkyrie looks over to Trissa and speaks quietly to her as they head towards where they would question this "The Brit" guy. "Anything you can tell me about this guy why you chose him to question?"
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:44 am

Trissa
HP: 1 LP: 0

"Process of elimination. Hyena is an animal, Flying Fox is insane and Morticus has motivations that are clearly inhuman. But The Brit might still want to save his skin. And he might take issue to being a throwaway pawn." Trissa shrugged. "But I'm open to suggestions if you think otherwise."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 am

Valkyrie

Valkyrie shakes her head. "Process of elimination is good. Given that information, I'd choose him to question as well if given one choice. Let's get this done so we can rejoin the others."
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Quickly, the two heroines are brought to the cell that currently holds the Brit. It is one of the lower-security cells, having three solid metal walls, the fourth being a see-through pane of glassteel, a substance originally salvaged from downed Yazur vessels. The villain is chained to the other wall, hands and feet held immobile by a set of heavy manacles. It would almost seem barbaric if he hadn't managed to take out a battlesuit and its wearer with only his bare hands.
The Brit raises his head as the heroes step in front of the glassteel pane, cocking a brow. " Visitors already? And such beauties... I am honored." His voice is calm, collected and slightly amused.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Trissa
HP: 1 LP: 0

"Never mind that." Trissa spoke sternly. "We have questions for you to answer. It is in your best interest to cooperate."

"Are you aware of the intent behind your attack today?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Jack Vandal / Apex
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Ready to begin.

Jack looked around the cabin at his fellow Guardians. The Enlightened One, refined, dignified, and studious, sitting solemnly on his seat, centered and focused. Gloom, the European gentleman, slinging insults towards Apex. Dangerous, but also worthy of some respect, just for having the courage to do so. And finally Timberwolf, looking pensive as he tapped into his small keyboard scanning and analyzing information as it came to his attention.

These were good men, men with strong skill sets, and talents. Jack was confident they would be able to find the information needed to get to the bottom of this situation with this attack on the Vampiric delegation, and the theft of the Necronomicon.

He cleared his throat, partly to get the attention of everyone in the cabin, the other to overcome his nervousness and appeal to their handlers. "Ahem. Computer, please patch me through to Mr. Cauldwell. It seems that by transporting us to the plane here, already in transit, we're losing valuable time to get the leads we require to resolve the current situation. If that transport effect is still available, I would advise him to ensure that Wolf and I arrive at the scene of the theft, and the team of Gloom and Enlightened are able to transport to their Necronomicon expert. Obviously it is the most efficient use of our time, unless we are being paid to play Euchre."
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

The Enlightened One

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am

"A sound suggestion" agrees the Enlightened One. "Come friend Gloom, let us be ready."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Walking Dad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 am

Gloom
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Cond: normal

"I'm always ready. Will you have the honor again to transport us, or will we take the shadows? I'm not in favor to experience the gut wrenching, if it can be avoided. And someone should make sure the autopilot is engaged before we all leave the plane." Gloom first responds the elderly wizard before addressing the "new" New Guardians.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:44 pm

TimberWolf
HP - 1
Condition - ready

The detective looks up from his device.

"You and me, huh, big guy?

"Sounds doable. We'll do an inward spiral on the crime scene, looking for any clues we can find.

"A full sweep could take considerable time, the rest of you will probably be done before we are. So I would suggest the crime scene as a rendezvous site. Once we're all back together we can look at the evidence and brainstorm from there."

He stands, brushing his palms against his leather greatcoat before sliding his smartlink back into it's pocket.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:12 pm

" No worries", Watcher responds, " I am as good as any human pilot."
And shortly after that, either via magic or quantum displacement - also known as gut-punch-teleport - the groups arrive at their respective destinations.

----Prison ----

" Not aware per se", the mercenary answers, " but it was quite obvious we were merely a distraction." He pauses for a moment. " I would be willing to cooperate with you...if you could do me a little favour...make them let me out of these shackles at the very least. It's undignified and I have no means of breaking out of this cell. The only thing superhuman about me is my fighting sense. You, by the way", he continues, nodding into Trissa's direction, " need to guard your left knee more. It's one of your few weak spots."

---Arkham----

The Town that Time forgot - that's how Arkham is being described in at least one tourist guide. A small place, home to one of the most prestigious sorcerous colleges in the world, it seems to be stuck in the mid 1800s, if not the century before. Small, crooked-looking houses dominate the quaint streets that could never endure the traffic of the modern age. One might almost feel as if on the set of one of the Harry Potter movies...except that Arkham radiates...malice. It is a very subtle feeling, but no one can deny that there is something dark and sinister at the heart of this town. As if it does not like its human inhabitants.
You end up in front of a huge, rambling manor on the outskirts of town, standing almost completely free, as if shunned by other houses, its only neighbour being an old, decrepit-looking church.
Dark stone steps lead to a front door into which letters are engraved.
" Lovecraft Manor. No visitors allowed!"

--- LA---

You materialize right in the middle of a police blockade. In front of you, the Los Angeles Superhero Museum looms large, its entrance flanked by super-sized statues of the original Guardians. The entire entrance is cordoned off and a large group of policemen can be seen mulling about, visibly jumping back as you materialize practically in their midst...
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room