The Injustice Gang [DCA/3e] OOC-(Full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Injustice Gang [DCA/3e] OOC-(Full)

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm

In a dive bar called The Darkside in the Suicide Slums of Metropolis, a group of disaffected youths sit around a table. The lighting is dim. The music is low. The walls are made of reinforced concrete lined with lead. The furniture is built extra durable...if somewhat dingy looking. Most college students or other youths wouldn't be caught dead in a place like this. You aren't most. On the television you can see a WGBS report by Cat Grant about how Young Justice captured Dr. Light. Behind the youthful heroes their mentors stand proudly. Supportive. There.

The dam breaks. You know what sucks? Not Having support. Not having anyone there. Christmas cards sent from some secret hideout, or prison...if they come at all. You know what sucks? Watching your other parent slave away at menial jobs because they can't get anything better...because of him or her. You know what sucks? Knowing your parent has millions, if not billions of dollars to their name, but you get to eat ramen noodles and generic cereal because daddy has to finance a new death ray. Young Justice sucks too, because they can call it a day and go home to caring family and mentors. It's a great injustice is what it is.

In the middle of your conversation, the bars' owner, a gene spliced clone of Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman, brought about when Luthor decided to create his perfect bride, saunters up to your table. "Okay kids, if you're gonna drink, I'm gonna need to see your fake Id's."

"Legs" Luthor owns this bar, along with her boyfriend, a renegade Parademon named Irv. You all like Legs and Irv, they understand the injustice of it all.

In the middle of getting completely soused, one of you...no one can quite remember who, has an idea. Why not fight crime like those Young Justice punks? Not for truth, justice or the bleedin' American way. Nah. You'll do it to get a little payback. You'll get your pound of flesh, but not as a League, or Titans or a Society, but as a Gang befitting your roots...

...an Injustice Gang.

This is a DCU Legacy game where the PC's are legacies of villains. Choose your parent. Unleash your powers. Fight crime for all the wrong reasons. Stick it to those deadbeats! Bwah-ha-ha---ha!!

The crunchy...

This is a DCA/3e game. PL9 135PP

The game is set in a contemporary, Post Crisis on Infinite Earths, Pre-52 DCU timeline. The tone will shift from light to dark depending on the storyline and uses Keith Giffen's Justice League International as a thematic model.

The characters are legacy characters of DC Villains, and should bear some resemblance to their parent thematically.

I am looking for 8 characters, though 5 slots are potentially already spoken for. Recruiting is open.

The Gangway-63 pts
Size: Huge Str: 8 Speed: 8 (Flight) Def: 8 Tough: 9 Features: Alarm 3 (DC30), Navigation System, Remote Control, Swimming 6( 30mph), Immunity 10(Life Support), Ranged Damage 10, Feature 1(skywire, allows movement from Gangway to ground while airborne), Enhanced skill 12 (Investigate +6, Ranged Combat-Heavy Weapons +6)

Once known as "The Bug", the craft belonging to the second Blue Beetle, after his murder by Maxwell Lord, it was acquired by the team and redesigned by The Muscle to serve as the team transport.

The Hideout- 31 pts
Size: Huge Tough: 16 Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 3, Defense System, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security system 4 (DC35), Workshop.

Formerly a Cadmus facility abandoned and assumed destroyed after, Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Superman), Superman and Doomsday had a battle within it, it is now the hidden Metropolis HQ for the team.

The cast-

Andre Luthor/Lex Talionis
Atomic Skull III
Boomer
Gloom
the Muscle
Putty

Ex-members-

The Crane
Emperor Wasp
Jade Veil
Psyke
Terry Fortune (Young Injustice)
The Audit
Sarvak

Established Youth Hero team memberships-

Titans (east) New York
Nightwing
Beast Boy
Cyborg
Donna Troy
Starfire
Raven
Lightning

Young Justice Happy Harbor
Red Robin
Kid Flash
Superboy
Wonder Girl
Miss Martian
Arrowette
Aqualad

Last edited by Horsenhero on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: The Injustice Gang [DCA/3e] Recruiting

Postby Bladewind » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Woah. Now that's an idea and a half.

Count me interested, I will go scour H&V for inspiration...

You mention spots spoken for... are those characters already tied down?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Characters, no. Players, yes.

No character has been pitched yet, but I have a small group of players I gave right of first refusal on spots in the game.

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Nineofspades » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 pm

This is a very, very neat idea. Props to you for such a spiffy concept.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:24 am

I'll join this. I'm gonna be the teenage apprentice of Scarecrow.

Effigy

Jack Hale used to be an average metahuman with pyrokinetic abilities until Jonathan Crane took him in as a test subject. Being an orphan growing up on the street, Jack took whatever he could get. However, Crane's experiments were much more insidious than he thought. Giving him high doses of his newest fear toxin, Jack was exposed to enough of Crane's fear gas to kill a lesser man. However, not only did Jack survive, but something happened that not even Crane expected. Jack's body began producing a strain of the fear toxin naturally. However, this unique strain could only be activated when he used his fire powers. Seeing a unique chance to spread his own brand of fear and destruction, Crane took the young criminal under his wing, naming him Effigy.

However, Effigy's power soon became a liability. Scarecrow found him to be a loose cannon, useless in his more 'subtle' plots of spreading terror. So he abandoned his new apprentice, finding a new secret hideout without telling Effigy. Lacking the planning ability of his mentor, Effigy left Gotham and headed to Metropolis, growing ever spiteful of Jonathan Crane along the way. Now he finds himself in a seedy bar, spending time with other abandoned villain legacies.

Personality
Effigy is a prankster through and through, seeming to take much more laughter out of the Scarecrow's toxin than it's creator did. He has a tendency to crack bad jokes around those hallucinating on his Terrorflame, only to make some pun about his "Jokes being so bad, it's scary." He sees himself as very charming, often trying to woo pretty civilians, heroines, or even the occasional villain. He doesn't fear judgement in social situations, usually acting on impulse to get some sort of adrenaline kick out of it.

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 1,
Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 4

Advantages
Beginner's Luck, Evasion 2, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless,
Improved Critical 4: Pyrokinesis: Energy Control 9, Power
Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 6, Uncanny Dodge
Skills
Close Combat: Terrorfire 5 (+6), Deception 2 (+6), Expertise:
Chemicals 2 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+12), Investigation 2 (+4),
Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 2 (+6), Ranged Combat:
Terrorfire 7 (+10), Technology 2 (+4)

Powers
Energy Aura: Energy Aura 3 (DC 18; Linked: Fear Toxin:
Burst Area Affliction 8)
Terrorfire
-Fear Toxin: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Linked; 1st degree:
Dazed, 2nd degree: Defenseless, 3rd degree: Controlled,
Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere,
Reaction 3: reaction)
-Pyrokinesis: Energy Control 9 (Linked; Fire, DC 24)
-Create: Create 9 (Alternate; Volume: 500 cft., DC 19)
-Damage: Damage 8 (Alternate; DC 23)
Offense
Initiative +2
Damage: Damage 8, +6 (DC 23)
Energy Aura: Energy Aura 3, +1 (DC 18)
Fear Toxin: Burst Area Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 10)
Pyrokinesis: Energy Control 9, +9 (DC 24)
Throw, +9 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 15)

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 2, Parry 3, Fortitude 0, Toughness 0, Will 1

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 72 + Advantages 18 + Skills 17 (34
ranks) + Defenses 2 = 135

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: Effigy is an adrenaline junkie through and
through. Overexposure to the fear toxin now running through
his body has made this habit a difficult one to maintain.
Whether it is being persued by the cops in a high speed
motorcycle chase or fighting an opponent twice his size, he
seems to have little care other than getting his next thrill.

Enemy: Effigy holds a huge grudge against his old mentor, Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. Even though he is angry at his mentor for leaving him on his own, Effigy does not wish to kill him. He finds it more fun to spite him, foiling his criminal plans whenever he gets the chance.

Loose Cannon: Even though he's now doing good, Effigy has too little patience to be a true paragon of justice like Superman. He finds the rules and red tape of "superheroing" to be tedious, and would much rather burn through them.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 4, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 56 + Advantages 10 + Skills 18 (36
ranks) + Defenses 19 = 135
Last edited by dreamking89 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 am

Dreamking, Effigy doesn't even get close to PL either offensively or defensively. Also, you can't link the Affliction to the Aura without making the Afflication a Reaction effect as well.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:43 am

Also, I don't think that sounds at all like what the concept asks for, IMO.

Anyway, I call Andre Luthor... son of Lex Luthor. Rich teen, the power behind the throne of an agribusiness, genius, probably a little arrogant, it does run in the blood. Not sure if he should be a gadgeteer or a battlesuit.
Impeach the peach!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:50 am

Shock wrote:Dreamking, Effigy doesn't even get close to PL either offensively or defensively. Also, you can't link the Affliction to the Aura without making the Afflication a Reaction effect as well.

Also his Terror fire linked to the Environmental Control must be Radius. Linked Powers must have the same range and both components of the power pay the full cost for their effect.

It's a decent concept, BUT, Effigy doesn't really have a reason to fight crime. The point of the set up is, these characters have been left to 'twist-in-the-wind' by their parents/mentors and are looking to 'get even'.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:56 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:Also, I don't think that sounds at all like what the concept asks for, IMO.

Anyway, I call Andre Luthor... son of Lex Luthor. Rich teen, the power behind the throne of an agribusiness, genius, probably a little arrogant, it does run in the blood. Not sure if he should be a gadgeteer or a battlesuit.

That's up to you. Since 'The Darkside' is an important location in the game, it'll be fun to have Andre and Legs interact.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:05 am

I'm looking at a son of Cheetah named Tomcat. He's been disowned by his mother, and has a keen dislike for Wonder Woman as well as he sees her "feminist" approach to things is why his mother was disappointed in not having a daughter.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:07 am

Nice concept CB. I'm looking forward to seeing him.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 am

Tomcat (Thomas Minerva)
Male; Age: 22; Height: 5' 8"; Weight: 175 lb. Eyes: Blue; Hair: Strawberry Blond

Power Level 9, 135 PP; Abilities 64 + Powers 64 + Advantages 6 + Skills 1 (2 ranks) + Defenses 0

Abilities
Strength 0 Agility 4 Fighting 7 Stamina 11 Dexterity 4 Intellect 4 Awareness 2 Presence 0

Offense Initiative: +12
Retractable Claws: . . . . . . . . .. .. .. .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Strength-based Damage 8 +7, DC 23 Crit 20
Throw . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .+4, DC 15 . . . . .Bludgeon, Crit 20
Unarmed . . . . . . . . . . . . .+7, DC 15 . . . . .Bludgeon, Crit 20
Powers
Cat's Senses: Senses 5 (5 PP)
Darkvision, Extended: Sight 1: x10, Extended: Smell 1: x10, Extended: Hearing 1: x10 (Personal - Permanent)
Metabolism in overdrive: Immunity 4 (4 PP) Aging, Disease, Poison, Sleep (Personal - Permanent)
Regeneration: Regeneration 10 (10 PP) Every 1 round (Personal - Permanent)
Retractable Claws: Strength-based Damage 8 (16 PP) DC 23; Multiattack (Standard - Close - Instant)
Speak with felines: Comprehend 2 (2 PP) Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand; Limited: Cats only (Personal - Permanent)
Speed of the Cheetah (26 PP)
Advantages: Improved Initiative
I'm Finished!: Quickness 10 (12 PP) Perform routine tasks in -10 time ranks (Free - Personal - Sustained)
Moving so fast that I don't fall!: Movement 5 (alternate)
Environmental Adaptation: Choose Environment, Safe Fall, Trackless: Choose Sense 1, Wallcrawling
1: -1 speed rank, Water Walking 1: you sink if stopped (Free - Personal - Sustained)
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (alternate) This power uses the same part of Tom's brain as his quickness so they can't work simultaneously, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood (Personal - Permanent)
Run! Run! Run!: Speed 13 (13 PP) Speed: 16000 miles/hour, 30 miles/round (Move - Personal - Sustained)
Tail and Ears and Fangs: Feature 1 (1 PP) (Personal - Permanent)
Advantages
Attractive 2 Circumstance bonus to interaction based on your looks.
Benefit, Wealth (well-off) Gain a significant perquisite or fringe benefit.
Improved Initiative +4 bonus to initiative checks per rank.
Jack-of-all-trades Use any skill untrained.
Well-informed Immediate Investigation or Persuasion check to know something.

Movement
Base Movement Speed - 2 miles/hour, 30 feet/round (run 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; swim 0.5 miles/hour, 6 feet/round)
Moving so fast I don't fall!: Movement 5 - Environmental Adaptation: Cold, Safe Fall, Trackless: Choose Sense 1, Wall-crawling 1:
Routine Jump Distance - Running jump: 10 ft.; standing: 5 ft.; vertical: 2 ft.; standing vert.: 1 ft.
Run! Run! Run!: Speed 13 - Speed: 16000 miles/hour, 30 miles/round

Defenses
Dodge 4 Parry 7 Fortitude 11 Toughness 11 Will 2
Hero Points: 1

Throwing Distance - Throw 200 lbs. 6 feet; throw 50 lbs. 30 feet; throw 12 lbs. 120 feet
Complications
Quirk Voracious Reader
Rivalry With both mother and Wonder Woman
Secret Prostitute

Skills

Acrobatics +4
Athletics +0
Close Combat: Cheetah's Claws - +7
Deception +0
Expertise (AGL): Dance +4
Expertise: Business +4
Expertise: Seduction +4
Insight +2
Intimidation +0
Investigation +4
Perception +4
Persuasion +0
Sleight of Hand +4
Stealth +4
Technology +4
Treatment +4
Vehicles +4

Languages: Native Language- English

Background Information

Me a crime fighting super hero? Wouldn't that just piss in Mom's boots. Never was good enough for her. I don't think she ever forgave me for being born a boy instead of a girl. She really seemed to have bought into all that bullshit Wonder Woman kept spouting about the purity of women and that kind of garbage. Yeah right- purity. The reason Mom got cursed when she took the power of the Cheetah was because she wasn't “pure”. About age twelve I couldn't take it any more and just left- at mach 4. Mom is fast, but I'm faster and she hasn't been able to catch me yet. Been on my own since then.

As for being “pure” it's not like I can make that claim either. I'll admit it. I'm a whore. I made good money at it too, I picked my clients, and they paid well- and the work was easy and sometimes even pleasant. I've managed to live fairly comfortably on it. I started out “dancing”. That led to other things, and I quickly found out there was good money to be made for someone who looked like a Japanese neko-boy and was willing to “go the extra distance”. I just happened to be able to defend myself well enough to make sure I had a choice in my “clientele”.See Mom did teach me a few things- like how to make less than legal contacts.

But you know something, I know there's something better out there. I know it because I've read about it. You know, my bank account would probably be double what it is if I didn't spend so much on books. But I LIKE to read, and I'll read anything I can get my hands on. Reading in English is easy. I can finish most books in a matter of minutes. Reading in other languages is somewhat harder. Evidently the part of my brain that lets me understand ANY language is also the part that lets me do things really fast- and I can't use them at the same time. That's at least my theory.

I haven't had that much of a formal education, but I've been a “companion” to many men- and a few women- of power, and they've almost always been amused at my voracious appetite for knowledge. Hell, one of them even paid for two years at Met U for me. Can't say I was very focused though. I just wanted to learn, I didn't want an actual degree.

Another of my clients taught me to fight. But then again, he had a thing for cats, and for a while I was his special little project. I think he wanted to use me to get back at Mom. I'm not going to do that. If I tie into with Cheetah, it'll be over what's been between us- not to amuse Tom Blake. But you know, I've got a nice nest egg- nothing like the Luthors mind you, but I can live comfortably- maybe it's time to broaden my horizons. This idea of yours- become superheroes to irritate our folks- that sounds purrrfect.
Last edited by cobalt-blue on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BelayaVezha
Bystander
Bystander

Postby BelayaVezha » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 am

Excellent concept, Horsenhero. I love how it's integrated into the existing canon, and yet contrasts enough to stand on it's own. I'm curious to see how an encounter with Young Justice might play out.
I'd love to participate, and have a bit of an idea taking root(the son of Killer Kroc, raised by the state), but I won't have access to any 3e books until the 5th of May at least, and wouldn't want to hold up your recruiting past a reasonable point.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:17 am

This do sound interesting to me, been wanting to play a DCU game for ages.
I'll have Vandal Savage as mentor. He will have a limited immortality, compared to Vandal's. Otherwise he will have no other powers.

Vittorio Di la Croce AKA Made man

Born in the 8th century, son of a roman general, Vittorio climbed up in the military ranks of the Roman Empire. It was then that he met Lucius Savage, another general. Savage saw potential in the young Di la Croce, and decided to turn him into an immortal ally. Using magic instead of the energies from the meteorite tha gave him his powers, Savage granted Vittorio a limited immortality.
Nearing the fall of the Roman Empire, Savage left his ally to face the consequences of his failed plans for the empire. Savage's path took him to be one of Earth's most dangerous masterminds, but Di la Croce's path was not as successful. He remained in Itally, taking the full blow from the fall of the empire, and the wars that came after. In many occasions where he would happily die and stop the suffering, he cursed Savage.
Regardless, Vittorio fought in many wars, participated in many conflicts, but always as a pawn. He deserved something better.
He joined the Mafia in the early 1900's and that put him in the streets of Chicago with a tommy gun in hand. But still, he was an underling; his attempts to become a Don were ever frustrated. He was killed and had to climb up the ladder again to hide his immortality.
In the present, he met Savage again, and Vandal left clear who was the master and who the apprentice. Seeing the asset of skills Vittorio had developed, he got him working for himself.
Again an underling. But no more, not again; this time, he would lead, he would be the puppeteer behind the curtain!

Complications:
Proud: Vittorio wants to be a leader, and is not likely to take orders from anyone, regardless of how reasonable they would be.
Secret powers: Vittorio won't reveal his powers to anyone, and will do almost anything to keep them a secret.

Mentor:

Portrait

Abilities
( 36 pp)
Strength: 3
Agility 4
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 5
Fighting 5
Intellect: 4
Awareness: 4
Precence: 6

Combat

Guns + 12 Attack for DC: "From 3, to 5" Ranged
Sword + 12 Attack for DC: 3 Melee
Imp. Weapons + 9 Attack for DC: 8 plus the type of object Melee

Initiative: 12

Saves
( 12 pp)
Parry: 11
Toughness : 7
Fortitude: 7
Dodge: 11
Will: 7

Skills
( 27 pp)
6 ( 2 ) Acrobatics
11 ( 5 ) Deception
5 ( 2 ) Athletics
6 ( 2 ) Insight
4 ( 0 ) Treatment
9 ( 3 ) Persuacion
8 ( 4 ) Technology
9 ( 4 ) Close Combat Unnarmed
12 ( 7 ) Close Combat Sword
5 ( 0 ) Close Combat
5 ( 0 ) Vehicles
9 ( 4 ) Sleight of Hand
12 ( 7 ) Ranged Combat Guns
5 ( 0 ) Ranged Combat
9 ( 5 ) Perception
8 ( 2 ) Intimidation
6 ( 2 ) Investigation
9 ( 5 ) Stealth

Advantages
( 40 pp)
Equipment 6
Move by action
Set-up
All out attack
Defensive attack
Accurate attack
Precise attack
Power attack
Assesment
Benefit: Ambidexterity
Benefit: Cipher
Benefit: Security clearance
Connected
Contacts
Well informed
Ediatic memory
Improved aim 1
Improvised weapon 8
Interpose
languages 4 (English, Italian, Latin, Russian)
Jack of all trades
Redirect
Quikdraw

Powers
(Rank) [Cost] ( 22 pp)
Immortality ( 9 )[ 9 ]
Limited: Can't rise if burned to death.

Immunity ( 3 )[ 3 ]
"Aging, disease, poison"

Regeneration ( 10 )[ 10 ]

Equipment
Cost & Bonus
Night vision googles 1
Lock release gun 1
Binoculars 1
Mini tracer 1
Fire extinguisher 1
Undercover shirt 2 "Protection 2, subtle"
Rebreather 1
Camara 1 0
Audio recorder 1
Cell phone 1
Commlink 1
Computer 1
Parabolic microphone 1
0 0 0
Equipment array: Weapons 11
Heavy pistol 1 Ran. Damage 4
Sniper rifle 1 Ran. Damage 5
Light pistol 1 Ran. Damage 3
Stun gun 1 "Affliction 5, electrical"
Sword 1 Damage 3
Last edited by Evolución on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby timothy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:19 am

Cool idea.

Put me down for the bastard son of Deadshot. Will work out details and post asap.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Return to “M&M Game Room”