Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 am

GM Post:

As the duo move closer to the hotel, Darren telepathically contacts his sister. About 30 seconds later, she calls him back using her cell phone. "Hey there! You know I don't like telepathy. It's crazy cool, but it feels weird when you're in my head. Plus, what if I'm thinking, you know... sex thoughts or something? Anyway, good that you're here." After a few seconds of Darren acknowledging what she said, Dora addresses his question: "Wait, you ran into Blake... and he was hostile? Like hostile hostile? Huh." She seems taken back by the information. "Yeah, I know he's here. We've talked a few times and he wanted to know more about what we do. I guess he's still got some things to work out about you guys, but I don't think he's dangerous or anything."

The car pulls up in front of the hotel, prompting a valet to greet Darren and Derek.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Split Second

Derek decided he would drive. At least operating the vehicle would be some distraction from the mind-numbing slowness of street speeds.

He didn't mind staying in a suite of rooms at a ritzy hotel.

"So, what are we doing here?" He asks.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Err,,,what about Justitia and Mainframe?

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Nova

RedBstrd wrote:GM Post:

Nova's trick is effective and catches Jacob completely by surprise. He roars with rage as he holds his eyes and struggles to regain his vision. "I'll kill you! I'll kill you!" he threatens. The subsequent variants of his threat include liberal use of cuss words and insults focusing on Stacy's gender or sexuality.

Giving up on trying to rub his eyes into effectiveness, the attacker begins wildly blasting the room with his heat vision.

Stacy decides to take advantage of her attacker's momentary blindness to get Brittany out of the room. She moves quickly to her roommate and puts her finger to her lips to indicate that she should be quiet. While holding onto Brittany, Stacy moves her out of the room as quickly as possible while keeping her own body between Jacob and Brittany.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 am

GM Post:

While Jacob rages and blasts the room, Stacy is able to lead her friend out of the house. Jackson sees the two women by the curb. Brittany is climbing into her car. Nova, meanwhile, has her eye on the house. From what Nova can determine, Jacob is still blinded and trashing the room in an effort to make sure both young women are dead.

OOC wrote:Will resistance check: 1d20+8=16. He fails by 2 degrees again, so he is unable to recover from the Dazzle this round.

It's the top of round 4 so Nova can act. At the end of the round, Jackson shows up but that's all he can do.

Meanwhile - The plane closes the distance between headquarters and the house.

OOC wrote:With Jacob's poor rolls, Nova has a breather and can inform the rest of the team what is going on if she wishes. She isn't expecting the cavalry to arrive so soon, so she probably doesn't look up to the sky to see Jackson unless she wants to spend a move action to make a DC 20 Perception check.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Nova

Stacy relaxes slightly after she gets Brittany safely out of the house. However, she still needed to deal with the thug who was still inside wrecking the place. She also realized that Jackson was very likely on his way here but she had no idea how fast he was. Stacy felt she needed to deal with this threat herself. He had hurt people she cared about and now was probably going to get her evicted.

Not wasting any more time, the young heroine sprang into action. She raced back into the house a mere few inches above the ground using her flight ability. Once inside, she quickly changed into a more suitable outfit. When she reached Brittany's room, she saw her attacker still wildly shooting around the room causing massive amounts of damage.

"Hey dumba**! I'm over here!" she shouted to get his attention.

Stacy was counting on the fact that she was tougher than the walls and furniture were. If she could lead him outside, it would be easier to deal with him there. she briefly wondered if he could survive at 30,000 feet.

Nova will move out of the room and head towards outside if Jacob heads towards her. If he just tries to blast her, she will use Move Object to slam the dresser into him, using it as a trip attack. Move Object = 1d20+10=16

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 am

GM Post:

Jacob chases Nova out of the room, following the sound of her voice and movement, he vaults into flight and strikes with his superhuman strength at the woman. "I just wish my old pal was here to see this," he taunts as his fists come into contact with Stacy.

OOC wrote:Attack roll: 1d20+10-5=19. That's a DC 27 Toughness save for Nova.

Will resistance check: 1d20+8=27. He successfully recovers from the Dazzle effect at the end of his turn.

Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Kaisius » Fri May 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Jackson Wright
HP 1 LP 1
Cond : Fatigued

Comeoncomeoncomeon...., Jackson thought to himself, as an old familar pain began to grow in his head. It had been years since he'd last had one of these migraines, they had always been a sign that he was pushing his abilities too hard. Dangerously hard. Finally, he began to close in on Stacy and Brittany's house. He could make out movement in front: two figures, one in silver, darting around the other, a car pulling away. Oh, Thank Go..., his thought began, when he saw Jacob land a vicious blow on Nova.

"BASTARDDDD!!!", Jackson howled as he plowed into his former friend.

Using All Out Attack and Power Attack puts me at -5 Parry/Dodge and +5 on Effect.
Close Atk on Jacob 1d20+10=11
....IC, I hate you with the passion of a thousand white-hot suns.
LP to re-roll 1d20+10=21
....Okay, I was kidding before, but now, I REALLY hate IC with the passion of a thousand white-hot suns. Toughness DC 30 if that hits.
Initiative 1d20+7=8
OH, YOU [insert explitive filled rant here]
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Nova

Stacy kept taunting her attacker leading him outside where he wouldn't do any more damage to the house. Once outside, her attacker managed to land a viscous blow which sent her flying backwards several yards, slamming into a tree.

Toughness (with a -1 penalty) = 1d20+10=27

While the blow stung and her back would be aching for a few days, she managed to avoid any serious harm for now. This bastard was tough but she wondered how he liked heights, say 40 or 50 thousand feet?

Just as she started to stand up, she saw a blur slam into her attacker. She knew it had to be Jackson but how did he get here so fast? That was a question she could ask him later. Right now, they had to work together to take this guy out.

She quickly maneuvered to get a clear shot at Jacob. Stacy decided to try to hold him to make it easier for Jackson to take him down. She pointed her hand at Jacob and visualized a rope made of pure cosmic energy reaching out and wrapping itself around him.

Snare attack = 1d20+7=20 DC 17 dodge save if it hits.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat May 04, 2013 1:36 am

GM Post:

As Stacy flies backwards and slams into a tree, Jacob unleashes a deep belly laugh and lands on the ground. Jacob's laughter turns to confusion as the woman begins to step back up. This moment is only the first item on a short - but important - list of things that go tragically wrong for Jacob's plans.

Jacob glances upward and sees Jackson, then unleashes the most powerful blast of heat vision he can offer the dive-bombing hero. The light comes out as little more than a momentary flash only as impressive as a common flashlight. The psychopath doesn't have time for everything to sink in before Jackson plows into him. Had he been given a few more moments to process everything, he would have come to the terrifying realization that he was pushing his powers further than they were meant to go for such an experimental serum that never promised to be permanent...

... but he doesn't have those moments. His powers had burned out at the most inopportune moment imaginable. Jackson hits the now powerless villain with the force of a cannonball before swooping up through a spray of red mist. Shrapnel of bone shards and bits of flesh rain onto the street.

Stacy visualizes a rope of pure cosmic energy and then realizes that she would be better suited with a mop and bucket, or perhaps a trash bag.

OOC wrote:Mainframe, Justitia, and Aya should be arriving now, but Jackson and Nova should have an opportunity to react to what just happened. :twisted:

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Sat May 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Nova

Stacy stood motionless in shock as the realization of what just happened hit her. Jacob was now dead, more than dead actually, and Jackson was at fault. It had been an accident , of course. None of them had anticipated Jacob's powers to suddenly vanish.

"Oh my god! How could that have happened?"

This was all wrong. They were heroes and everyone knows heroes don't kill. What would happen to them now?

Stacy sat down on the grass. It wasn't supposed to be like this. The bad guys are supposed to go to jail.

Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Kaisius » Sat May 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Jackson Wright
Hp 2 Lp 0
Cond: Normal (if somewhat...sticky)

At the last possible moment, catching a glimpse of Jacob's eyes flaring red, Jackson closes his own before impact. In rapid succession, he feels a too brief sensation of contact with Jacob (sonovabitchmissedhowthefu...) before hitting the ground beyond. He gouges a rut a foot deep across the length of the yard. At the end, centrifugal force flips him over and out, sending him sliding another 15 feet. The pain in his body is nothing compared to the power-migraine behind his eyes. It seems to get worse and somehow distant at the same time. nononopassoutStacyStacyJacobgettoStacy, he thinks as he scrambles back toward Stacy's house. "Where...where'd he go, S-, Nova?", he calls out. He sees Stacy, about twenty feet away. She's sitting on the grass, white as a sheet, unaware of the tears streaming down her face. "N-Nova, where...which way?", he called again. She turns toward him and somehow turns another shade whiter. He starts to take a step toward her, when he kicks something. He looks down and first sees that his arms and the front of his costume are covered in blood and viscera. It takes him a moment to focus past his dripping hands to see Jacob. Or rather his head, a profound look of "Damn it, WTF?" on what's left of his face. Looking back to Stacy, his headache fades away. "One dose.", he says clearly and evenly. "He took the one dose and it took so long to wear off, he must have thought it was permanent....He wasn't like this. He was my friend.", he adds, sadly.
Oh, wait. That's right. When the headache just goes away...that's bad...., he remembers, falling backwards.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat May 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Mainframe
HP: 8(Really hoping to use some of these eventually... lol)

Jackson and Nova's communicators lit up, "Jackson, Nova, We're almost on scene. 30 seconds ETA. What's the situation? How many enemies? Do you require medical assitance?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun May 05, 2013 8:07 am

Nova

Stacy just sat there on the ground for several seconds. When she realized that Jackson was now lying on the ground, she snapped out of it. She made her way to him and checked for a pulse.

Thank god he's still alive.

Mainframe's voice suddenly registered in her brain. How long had he been trying to contact them?

"This is Nova." she started, her voice cracking. "The situation has been contained. Jackson is down but doesn't appear to be injured. Everything's gone so very wrong here."

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 am

GM Post:

Aya pilots the jet into range of the house, giving Mainframe and Justitia an aerial view of the aftermath of the fight. The ground features damage in a few spots, like artillery fire had rained down on the area. One lawn has a large patch of grass missing, the road has a pair of gouges in it like a car had been driving through it while the asphalt was soft, and the worst of it is a hole in the ground where it looks like a bomb must have gone off. Bits of human body parts are scattered across the hole.

A dozen feet away, Nova is kneeling above Jackson. Even from a distance, he's clearly covered in a respectable amount of blood. With a closer view, Mainframe's keen optical overlay can see that he's very pale and his nose has been trailing some blood. Nova appears almost entirely unhurt. Nova's friend Brittany is moving over to where Stacy is and throws her arms around her friend, crying.

There's no clear sign of where the attacker might be.

Return to “M&M Game Room”