Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Nova

Stacy showed up at HQ shortly after getting the call. Things were heating up in the super criminal area and the team had been called in to discuss a response. When she got a chance, she slipped a business card for the club to Derek and gave him a brief 30 second overview of her boss's idea. She reminded him to consider how this might affect the team's image.

When she saw Connor, she pulled him aside for a moment.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm impressed with your progress with AYA."

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Split Second

Code: Select all

To: Juan
Subject: New contenders
Backwash Man
The Effluvinator
Felch (with optionial Latino sidekick 'Dirty Sanchez')
Whoopty-Woo, the Precious Bongo Boy

whacha think?

OOC wrote:Hero Point... A Hero Point to you. I don't know what else to say...

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 am

Justitia

Not unlike Derek, Justitia arrived still holding her cell phone to her ear. " Yes...yes, I'm at HQ at the moment. I know, Juan, she's due to come back in 2 hours...but I'm not Derek, I can't be in two places at once. No, I have no idea what's up and if it concerns the government, I couldn't tell either of you anyway. Juan...seriously...look, just do me the favour and get her from the airport. Tell her I'll be home as soon as superhumanly possible. Now I really got to go..."

Sighing, she snapped the phone shut. The call from HQ had come at exactly the wrong time. For the last week, Silvia had been away on a meeting with her publishing firm - and was due to arrive by plane today. Just when Maria had no time to spare.
This was not going to win her any favours. They had parted in a rather sour athmosphere, after a very unpleasant argument Maria did not want to dwell on for long. Suffice to say that working basically two jobs, training her brother and training with Derek had seriously diminished the time she'd spent with her wife. Which did not sit well with Silvia, despite her not wanting to come with during their bar haunts.

She's never been that much of a barfly...still, it's all kind of unfair. I did invite her to join us, after all Maria sighed again, then shook her head to clear her mind. There were - hopefully - more important matters to deal with than her love life.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Mainframe
HP: (I had like 8, but if they reset, I am back at 1. I might cry lol)

Conner sat as his work table, a tablet in one hand, "blue tooth" like communicator in his left ear. "Mother, we've been over this. If Father won't listen to the doctors about his diet, and he won't listen to you, there is nothing I can say that will make him change his mind. Please I am working on my final thesis on the Potential of Artificial Intelligence and how it can change and revolutionize the world, and how we should embrace them as members of our society with equal rights and privileges as partners not slaves. I really do not have time for this."

As the young genius spoke, the doors to his lab swooshed open like on so many sci-fi television shows. A tall, beautiful orange haired woman walked in, wearing a semi-professional outfit. She was carrying a small silver tray with two tea cups and a small pot on it. Her movements were a little stiff and awkward. Like a stiff breeze might knock her over. Yet she managed to cross the room and set down the tray with out spilling a drop. She began pouring a cup for Conner while he continued.

"Mother... Please... Mother the guild trips won't work. There is nothing I can say to him. No I can't pray to Jesus. I told you, I do not believe in religion. Mother don't cry. Mother. Alright. I'm sorry Jesus, I was wrong to say you don't exist." Conner rolled his eyes before turning to Aya and mouthing thank you for the cup.

She smiled and nodded before sitting down beside the work station. It was true she did not need to eat or drink to survive, however Conner had designed her so she could eat and drink to simulate the dining experience. As such she poured her own cup. She smelled the blend. Green tea. Fresh. It had taken months worth of testing to be able to properly simulate taste and smell, but even still there were a few bugs in the programming. As for some reason, Aya enjoyed creating odd meal choices... like make a chocolate sundae and putting grape tomatoes on top.

"Look... mother... If the doctor says he should stop eating it, then don't make him fried peanut, chocolate, and banana sandwiches. We both know the man has never cooked anything that didn't go in the mircowave, or on the BBQ in his life. He probably doesn't even know where you keep the frying pan. Mother... Mother.... Mother.... can I get a word in please? I told you I have to go... Seriously, I need to finish my paper... It's not godless heathen garbage... Mother... I love you too. Bye."

Conner hung up and ripped the communications device from his ear so fast, he might have actually gace Derek a run for his money.

"Thank you Aya." Conner said sipping his tea for the first time.

"You're welcome, father. How is Grand mother?" She as with a small smile.

Conner paused, "She's... the same as always. She wants me to visit."

"Oh yes! I so want to go meet her." Aya's face lit up like a child on Christmas morning.

"That... maybe. When my doctorate is complete." Conner forced a smile.

~~~

A few hours later Stacy dropped by the Lab. Conner noticed she liked to look at his various equipment. He wasn't sure how much of it she understood, or if she just liked the pretty colours, but he appreciated her interest none the less.

"Thank you, Stacy. I was actually hoping you would do me a favour. You see... I purchased most of her current wardrobe online, but most of it doesn't quite fit right, and I think it would be a wonderful experience for her to go shopping, but... I don't think I have the experience to help her. You on the other hand are so fashionable. I was hoping... you and maybe Maria, is she's interested, could take her for a girls day out? All on my credit card of course. You both can feel free to buy what ever you want as a thank you. I have plenty of disposable cash these days."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Kaisius » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Jackson Wright

It was a plain, simple marker. JACOB VINCENT VANCE it read, with the dates of birth and death underneath. Sadly that was all Jackson could afford. At least it matches his dad's, Jackson thought as he finished setting it in place. Thankfully, Jacob's mother hadn't fought the idea of burying him next to his father, in what would have been her space. Maybe it had finally sunk in how badly she'd hurt Jacob, damaged him, over the years and this was the last small mercy she had for her son. Maybe she just wanted to finally be done with him. Either way, this is the right place for him.... Kneeling by the headstone, he bowed his head and prayed a wordless prayer for his old friend. Before standing, Jackson fished a coin, a new quarter, from his pocket. It was an personal ritual of his, started when he was 6. The earth was still soft, the grass not yet fully covering the new plot. He scratched out a small hole, just an inch deep, and laid the coin in it. Covering the hole, Jackson stood. "Goodbye, Jacob.", he said. "Rest in Peace." He turned and walked a short distance to a corpse of trees out of sight of the grave and then took to the air.

Derek wrote:"What's up folks?"

"Not much. Eat, sleep, save the world.", Jackson deadpans, taking a seat at the table. "You know, the usual.", he adds with a smile.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Nova

Stacy was briefly speechless when Connor asked her to take Aya shopping. It was an odd request but after a moment's thought, Stacy realized that it might be interesting to see how Aya acted outside the lab and HQ. As for bringing Maria, she wasn't sure about that. Stacy had no idea about Maria's sense of style and color coordination.

"Sure, sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if the stores will let us use your credit card though. Did you have any particular type of clothing in mind? Business dress, business casual, high fashion, or something else?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:04 am

Split Second

Kaisius wrote:"Not much. Eat, sleep, save the world.", Jackson deadpans, taking a seat at the table. "You know, the usual.", he adds with a smile.

"Jackson!" Derek says offering a high-5.

"Mr. Wright. Captain Right. Oooh, Captain Jack Rightness. You know the Valor Graphic Novel writers can still work in a good name for you. It's your opportunity to get the one you want out into the world. And if not, have you thought about my suggestion of fan - write-ins? We weed out the dumb ones like 'Major Hard-On' and release a short list of the best for readers to vote on. The author gets a visit to Valor HQ, maybe a trip in the Valjet. It's PR gold, my man! Graphic Novel sales will skyrocket! What'dya say?" As he says this he types 'Major Hard-On' into his phone as a text to Juan and hits Send. It's away in a blur of motion.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Mainframe
HP: ???

Conner sighed, "When it comes to clothes, I paid a woman to buy them for me, otherwise I my entire wardrobe would cost less than 100 dollars from a super store. However I would rather entrust Aya to you than to some random woman who's job is to shop for busy rich people. As to what kind of clothes? Well... I figured girls just want shopping and picked out what ever was cute... Clearly I need more data on the subject."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Nova

Stacy sighed with exasperation.

"Connor, not everything needs more research or more data. Yes, sometimes we buy clothes just because they are cute. Sometimes we buy clothes for certain situations or occasions. For job interviews or working in an office , you need to wear nice business clothes. For working in the yard, painting the house, or other dirty work you should wear jeans and t-shifts for example. Just leave it to me. I'll make sure she gets an outfit for nearly any situation."

Return to “M&M Game Room”