Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Valor Unlimited: Issue 3, Passing of an Era

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 am

Hound wrote:Mainframe
HP: 3

Conner yawned as he sat down at the common room dinner table. The young man wore only his blue boxers and a white muscle shirt, which showed up how uncommonly thin he was. He poured a bowl of bran flakes, added milk, and began eating.

"Somedays... I scare myself at how good I am." He forced a chuckle.

OOC wrote:At this point, Aya would inform Conner that the receptionist sent an IM through the network to Aya. Mr. Kamikaze is looking for Mainframe.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:45 am

Mainframe

"Have him meet me in the main lab." Conner informed Aya before running off to put on his armor. He might have been considering revealing his identity to the team, but not just yet. At the very least, he needed everyone to be present, so no one was left out. Still he was unsure...

I dont know how long it takes to put the armor on... Iron man does it in like 10 secs, but that may be "feature"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

Ok, it was definitely time for a new approach. Lightning-fast, she grabbed his throat and slammed him against the wall, using just enough of her strength to convince him she was superhuman. " I need to get in there...and I think you know why...so either you open that damn door or I'll crack your bones like matchsticks!" She hissed, trying to inflect her voice with enough urgency and need to sound like one of the myriad junkies she'd met during her career as a police officer.

Let me know if you need an attack roll for this
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm

RedBstrd wrote:
OOC wrote:With that roll, Stacy doesn't need to say anything. I should still get some Investigation rolls, and perhaps Insight rolls, from both heroes.

insight (1d20+5=8) was this for the guard? Derek is oblivious

Split Second
hp4lp1

Derek smiles amiably at the manager before shutting the door.

"Good afternoon Mr. Reiser. We apologize for interrupting your work day like this but we are on a matter of some importance." He sets down a Valor Unlimited business card. "We're from Valor Unlimited and are under contract with the local police department. The number of a detective is on the back of the card if you wish to verify our credentials but I must ask that you keep our visit here confidential from your workers. We're investigating a growing drug epidemic and... people of interest work here at this company. I'm sure you'll want to provide full cooperation knowing how serious such an issue can be if left unchecked. We'll need access to personel files and to take an unobstructed look around the refridgeration plant. We will be subtle and discrete, and will not upset the operation of your business or your productivity." He delivers his speech smoothly, with stutter or hesitation. It helps when you can practice it a hundred times in your head before delivering it.

"Do you have any questions or may we proceed with making this city a safer place to live?"

persuasion, no attractive (1d20+5=21)
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Nova

Investigation = 1d20+7=20
Insight = 1d20+2=10 Persuasion = 1d20+5=24 (+ Attractive if needed)

"Mr. Reiser, as my colleague stated, we will be as discreet as possible to reduce the possibility of interruptions in the work. We can start by reviewing the personnel records first to narrow down the number of people we may need to interview. As you are no doubt aware, employees with serious drug and alcohol problems can cause serious accidents in the workplace. Additionally, they are more likely to take shortcuts in production and assembly operations which would lead to defective and hazardous products. I'm sure you don't want that, do you?"
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:09 am

I dont know how long it takes to put the armor on... Iron man does it in like 10 secs, but that may be "feature"

OOC wrote:Iron Man probably has the Quick Change feature to do it as a free action pretty much as quickly as he needs it. Getting in your armor should probably take a move action and a few seconds for Mainframe.
Last edited by RedBstrd on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:12 am

GM Post:

The handyman struggles a little but knows that he's outclassed by a huge margin. "Lady, whoa, lady, whoa! You're killing me if you do this. You are killin' me!" He seems genuinely afraid of the repercussions of her opening the door. At the same time, he surrenders the ring of keys at his hip.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:20 am

GM Post:

Nova and Split Second secure the cooperation of the floor manager but they can tell that they haven't won any friends among him or his workmen. As the pair walk through the plant, everything seems to be in order. A few of the men have drug records but their random urine tests have been clean for the job. When the duo are leaving the floor to inspect the men working on the trucks, she does notice that one of the trucks seems to be running (presumably to keep the refrigeration running), but no one is loading or unloading anything from that truck, which is parked at an inconvenient spot for loading and unloading.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:59 pm

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

" Then get the hell out of here", Justitia hisses, grabbing the keys and tossing him out of the room, still taking care not to hurt him too much. Patiently, she waits until he is out of the general area before proceeding towards the door and unlocking it....
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm

Nova

Stacy noticed the truck sitting off to the side, away from the loading docks. The engine was running, which was unusual, but perhaps not out of the ordinary around here. After all, she had very little experience with warehouses and manufacturing facilities.

"Derek," she whispered, "how fast can you check out that truck over there without being seen? I don't know much about manufacturing operations or shipping and receiving but that truck is parked in an out of the way spot for loading or unloading."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Mr. Kamikaze

After being relayed the message to meet Mainframe in his lab, Double-K heads on down there. He sets the caffeinated monstrosity he acquired for Mainframe on a desk, and the bio-hazard labeled box on a work table. Mr. Kamikaze himself perches on a chair like a lanky vulture and checks his smartphone.

His email from his brainier counterpart indicates that he failed to get ahold of Dora. Somewhat more concerned than Mr. DNA seemed to be, Kristian dials Dora.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:11 am

Mainframe

Conner entered his lab in full armor, closely followed by the holographic image of Aya. She was carrying a virtual tablet like a real secretary, but the fact that she faintly glowed gave away what she truly was. "Mr. Kamikaze, it has been a while." The armored teen said with a nod. "What have you brought me?" He asked, though his tone denoted it was more of a demand.

Aya faked a cough and Conner tilted his head in her direction. "Erm... Welcome back. How have you been?" He forced a pleasant tone, "Did the mission end... well?" Aya smiled as Conner spoke, and nodded slightly in approval.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 am

CaptainChaos wrote:Nova

Stacy noticed the truck sitting off to the side, away from the loading docks. The engine was running, which was unusual, but perhaps not out of the ordinary around here. After all, she had very little experience with warehouses and manufacturing facilities.

"Derek," she whispered, "how fast can you check out that truck over there without being seen? I don't know much about manufacturing operations or shipping and receiving but that truck is parked in an out of the way spot for loading or unloading."

Split Second

Derek, not having spotted the truck before, takes a closer look and notices the oddity.

"I can try to ninja it, we kinda stick out though. My speed let's me be a blur but not go invisible. Cover me."

Derek steps in to a blind spot and ducks behind some equipment. He tries to make his way from pile to pile at superspeed, staying low.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:07 am

GM Post:

Project Icarus wrote:Flare

Flare motioned for Jackson to follow him, then, remembering Jackson couldn't see him, tugged on his partner's hand in the direction of the railing. As they reached it, Flare leaned over to see what he could see.

Kaisius wrote:Jackson Wright

Jackson lets Flare lead him over to the railing.

Over the railing, Flare and Jackson can see more evidence of fighting. Someone or something has been plowing through the building, knocking aside the workmen with ease. Both heroes can see that the workmen are much more heavily armed than they ought to be.

Sounds of fighting carry from the lab section of the building. The labs are on the bottom floor and neither hero can get a good look inside without dropping down to the bottom floor.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:11 am

GM Post:

Split Second is able to sneak over to the truck without raising any alarms among the workmen. Peering into the back of the truck by opening the rear doors, he sees what looks like a medical operation going on inside. A man is on a table and a doctor stands above him, operating on the man. Some medical equipment sits atop carts in the truck but Split Second can't make out what it all is.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room