Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Valor Unlimited: Issue 3, Passing of an Era

Postby Kaisius » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Jackson Wright
HP 2
Cond : Normal

OoC wrote:Jackson lets Flare lead him over to the railing.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

" Oh, hi...", Justitia responded, her voice given a slight tremble to show her nervousness, " I have a slight problem with the heating...no matter what I do, it just doesn't get warm. Hoped to have a look at the boilers, but then again...I know nothing about heating...so if you could help me out?"
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Mainframe
HP: 3

Conner sat up in bed screaming at the top of his lungs. A holographic image of a young woman appeared beside his bed, and Aya's voice came from the hologram. "Conner, are you alright?"

Sweat beaded on Conner's brow, his breathing was laboured, and his eyes were wide with fear, "N-Nightmare. It-it's nothing really... Wait? Did you?"

"Yes I created this holographic representation while you were asleep. In the future, I hope to have a body constructed to appear like this..." Aya trailed off as she examined her own image. She had chosen a mature looking female body. About 5'8 or so in height with orangeish red hair cut short just below her chin. She had emerald green eyes, but for some reason had holographic glasses on. She wore a black knee length skirt with matching black high heels, a white blouse, and over that an orange low cut, v-neck sweater. She looked like a teacher, or a librarian.

"I... I see." Conner sighed and swung his feet over the edge of his bed. He sighed heavily and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"What did you dream of?" Aya asked softly.

"I... I had a girlfriend... we were... doing things. Do you have any idea what kind of diseases can be transmitted with the exchange of bodily fluids?" Conner shuddered with disgust.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Nova

Stacy ran several possible outcomes to their plan through her head. She was sure that to Derek, it seemed like a lifetime. She had no idea how good an actor he was but given the amount of time he spent in front of the cameras, he probably wasn't too bad.

"Okay, let's go pretend we're OSHA reps. Do you own a suit or at least a dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie? I have a few business suits I can change into quickly enough or I can run into the mall and pick up something. We might as well look official."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Split Second

Derek just smiles. "Margo insisted I keep big-boy clothes, just in case. Meet you at your place again?"

Derek will show up in a professional outfit with clipboards and hardhats all bearing the OSHA symbol.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Mr. Kamikaze

Kristian treats the secretary to a dose of double-pistol fingers and heads out. He was generally aware that coffee could be had inside the Valor HQ, but also understood that the nature of employer provided coffee was that it was always terrible. His long legs and surprisingly ground eating strides brought him to Koffee Knook quite quickly. He orders a triple espresso with a caramel flavor shot and five sugars, and an extra large Mountain Dew from the fountain.

In short order, Kamikaze is knocking on the door of Mainframe's suite of rooms. He has the blood samples in the crook of one arm, and the Koffee Knook coffee as well. He's already made a respectable dent in the soda.
"Bro?"
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:41 am

GM Post:

The maintenance man cautions Justitia not to proceed with her plan. "Oh, you don't want to go down there ma'am. I'll check out your apartment and if it's a problem down here, I'll fix it for you. Which unit are you in?"
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 am

Lord Fell wrote:Kristian treats the secretary to a dose of double-pistol fingers and heads out.

OOC wrote:Awesome.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 am

flynnarrel wrote:Derek will show up in a professional outfit with clipboards and hardhats all bearing the OSHA symbol.

OOC wrote:Let me know when the two of you are ready and I'll start the event from the moment you show up.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

Damn..., she thought, taking a cautious step towards the man. " Why? I never thought boiler rooms were that dangerous..." was what she said, at the same time concentrating on amping up her personal speed, watching him slow down in her perception while her heartbeat got faster and faster.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm

OOC: Nova and Split Second will show up at the main gate of the company and convince the guard that they are OSHA inspectors.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Split Second.

for the propr' authenticity: deception(disguise) (1d20+8=17)

"Look, Mr.... Jenkins..." Derek notes this on his clip-board "We will start by talking to your supervisor, if you don't mind. The sooner we can get started the sooner we can be out of your guys' way."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Mainframe
HP: 3

Conner yawned as he sat down at the common room dinner table. The young man wore only his blue boxers and a white muscle shirt, which showed up how uncommonly thin he was. He poured a bowl of bran flakes, added milk, and began eating.

"Are you sure you should be up?" Aya's holographic image suddenly appeared beside the table from thin air. "Five hours hardly seems like enough..."

"No it isn't. But it is enough for a nap to regain focus." He replied between bites. "It's amazing how humans recover so quickly from sleep deprivation. I just want to be up for a few hours before I go back to bed for a full night's rest. The team should be reporting in soon, and I may be required."

"Your bio-readings are showing a marked improvement..." Aya agreed, yet something in her tone suggested she still felt he wasn't ready. "Is it a good idea to be in a common area with out your armor? I thought you were keeping your identity secret."

"About that... I am debating showing myself to the others. Though I still fear they may judge me poorly when they notice how young I am..." Conner sighed before finished off his bowl with a slurp of the left over milk.

"Judging by their psychological profiles, I do not believe that will be an issue." Aya smiled. Oddly this fake life form seemed far more comfortable smiling than Conner ever did.

"Somedays... I scare myself at how good I am." He forced a chuckle.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07 am

GM Post:

The refrigeration company seems to be what it seems on the surface: the facility clearly has refrigerated trucks and people are actively working on things that seem to be valid workplace practices for such an enterprise. The two heroes feel that their costumes are legitimate looking and proceed inside, talking to one of the men working there. There's no formal security, with the workmen themselves keeping an eye on foot traffic in and out. Some seem to be playing the role of being as suspicious of outsiders as security guards might be; Nova and Split Second draw some distrusting - and perhaps dirty - looks.

Fast talking a workman, Derek gets a nod of consent and has only to follow a finger extended in the right direction to reach an office. Inside is some sort of manager. His office door reads: "Floor manager." He introduces himself as Ted Reiser.

OOC wrote:With that roll, Stacy doesn't need to say anything. I should still get some Investigation rolls, and perhaps Insight rolls, from both heroes.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:10 am

Neo-Paladin wrote:Justitia

Damn..., she thought, taking a cautious step towards the man. " Why? I never thought boiler rooms were that dangerous..." was what she said, at the same time concentrating on amping up her personal speed, watching him slow down in her perception while her heartbeat got faster and faster.

It doesn't take much skill reading people to intuit that the handyman is starting to grow suspicious of Maria. "What apartment unit were you in again? I'm not sure our paths have crossed before..."
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room