Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Valor Unlimited: Issue 3, Passing of an Era

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:15 am

GM Post:

Jerry shrugs. "A couple of officers came in here and talked to me. They didn't mention charges, but people think of what I took as a drug, you know? I mean, it wasn't recreational - I don't even do that stuff. It's just experimental medical stuff." He scans Mr. DNA's face for signs of sympathy. "Other than them, my ma, grandma, and sisters came by."

Mr. DNA puzzles over the smell that he got from Jerry's memories but can't quite place it. It smells like some sort of cleaning product.

OOC wrote:As indicated before, Jerry doesn't know where Jacob lives but he has a cell number for him. From what Mr. DNA saw, Jacob definitely flew away, not leaped.

The two officers who visited him, Hugh Dacus and Sharron Kaler, are the same two who approached Valor Unlimited about assistance the case. I don't think I named them before. If I did, I'll have to edit for continuity...
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 am

GM Post:

Justitia approaches the building, gaining the full attention of the two hoodlums out front. They look her up and down and one says, "Girl, I don't think you belong here. Take your straight-laced #%& somewhere uptown, 'less you're looking for a bit of slummin' with hard boys like us." From the look of it, they seem quite territorial and are aware of who lives in the apartments and who doesn't belong.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 am

Split Second

"Dude, Thanks!" Derek gives a peace sign to the guard before ushering Stacy onward.

He knocks on the suggested door.

the guard sizes him up, decides that Derek definitely looks clueless,
LOL! :lol:
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Justitia

HP:2

Condition: Normal

" Ohhh...is that supposed to scare me off?" Justitia asked, sizing the speaker up, consciously assuming a pose of fresh arrogance. Casually, she put the bag down...and slammed her foot into the pavement with almost all her strength, cracking the concrete like thin wood. " But you don't scare me...anymore. Now get out of my way." The last words she attempted to affect with just enough urgency to make it seem like she really really needed to get inside but was trying to hide it.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Nova

Stacy throws her arms around the guard and gives him a quick hug.

"Thanks so much. I really appreciate it." she says with a huge smile.

Then she releases the guard and goes with Derek to the indicated door and knocks.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:59 am

GM Post:

Once inside of the facility, Derek and Stacy are able to knock on the door. They are greeted by a graduate student who starts showing them around the building. Stacy is able to make enough small talk - relying on her background in science - that she doesn't raise suspicion over her interest in the work done at the lab.

Ten minutes later, she's met someone in almost every lab and seen inside all of them briefly. While she never had the opportunity to check all of the equipment herself, she is convinced that all of the work in the lab is legitimate and legal.

OOC wrote:I figured that we can skip over the small talk since the two heroes unfortunately were barking up the wrong tree.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:07 am

GM Post:

The two thugs back off, genuinely intimidated by Maria. She is able to enter into the building with no further resistance.

Across the street - One of the detectives in the faux exterminator radios into the station. "We've got a visual on powers usage at," he reports, adding in the address. "Female person of interest just strong armed two of the suspects, using probable superhuman strength. POI is female, physically fit, mid-30s, dark hair, skin tone: probably Latina. No visual on POI's face yet. Request orders, over."

OOC wrote:Perception: 1d20+8=16.

Note that they hadn't noticed her approach until the display of powers: previous roll.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Project Icarus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 am

Flare
HP: 1

RedBstrd wrote:Both Jackson and Flare see what looks like a person quickly fly into one of the windows on the second floor of the chemical factory. Neither got a good look at him or her.

Flare looked at Jackson over the top of the dark black sunglasses he wore with his civilian clothes. "Did you see what I just saw? Definitely not a pigeon, right? Something sketchy's going on here."
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 am

Split Second
hp4 lp1
2.) Another industrial asset, this one working on metallurgy. One of the owners of the enterprise got himself into legal trouble providing high-grade materials to criminals interested in making tech for super crimes. The other owner distanced himself from the man after the conviction. Little drug-related crime has been reported in the area recently, nor is there much in terms of gang activity.

3.) An industrial refrigeration company, involved in transport of goods, maintenance and construction of cooling systems, and development of cooling agents used for commercial purposes. At least one of the lab geeks in the last decade has been convicted of working in meth labs in his spare time, while a small number of customers allegedly use the various products of the company for drug manufacture and storage.

Derek frowns at the lack of criminal activity at the university though that one undergrad, wearing the ill-fitting top and skirt combination, that was near-enough a crime. Gah!!

"Okay, metallurgy place sounds too legit. Shall we try the refrigeration/transport company? And I'd say just to go in costume and meet on the roof." Derek says.

"Sound good?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

Without further words, Justitia walked past the guys, who apparently did not have any powers of note, for otherwise they might have upped the ante. Once inside, she headed towards the cellar and the boiler room, casting markedly curious glances around, as if looking for something...
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Nova

flynnarrel wrote:Split Second
hp4 lp1
2.) Another industrial asset, this one working on metallurgy. One of the owners of the enterprise got himself into legal trouble providing high-grade materials to criminals interested in making tech for super crimes. The other owner distanced himself from the man after the conviction. Little drug-related crime has been reported in the area recently, nor is there much in terms of gang activity.

3.) An industrial refrigeration company, involved in transport of goods, maintenance and construction of cooling systems, and development of cooling agents used for commercial purposes. At least one of the lab geeks in the last decade has been convicted of working in meth labs in his spare time, while a small number of customers allegedly use the various products of the company for drug manufacture and storage.

Derek frowns at the lack of criminal activity at the university though that one undergrad, wearing the ill-fitting top and skirt combination, that was near-enough a crime. Gah!!

"Okay, metallurgy place sounds too legit. Shall we try the refrigeration/transport company? And I'd say just to go in costume and meet on the roof." Derek says.

"Sound good?"

"That does sound like the most likely place on the list although the metallurgy place might be involved in criminal activities of a different type. So you think we should show up conspicuously? The main drawback to that plan is that if they are involved in criminal activities, having two costumed heroes show up might scare them so they destroy evidence."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Split Second

Derek purses his lips in thought. "You do have a point. What approach do you suggest?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Nova

Stacy purses her lips in thought for a moment.

"I don't suppose you know how to drive a truck? We could 'borrow' one to allow us to drive past the gates. Otherwise we will need to find a way to sneak in. We could hide under, or on top of, a delivery truck. It always seems to work in the movies."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Split Second

"I think we just walk in wearing business clothes and talk to the manager. Tell him the truth and get his cooperation to take a look around. He can introduce us as OSHA inspectors or something. In fact, I can run to a printer and get two OSHA logo's printed out and we can tape them to the back of clipboards. Shall I do that?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Nova

"OSHA inspectors might work if we had business cards and I.D.'s. I'm familiar enough with lab equipment in general to be able to spot potential safety hazards. Another possibility is we pose as Department of Labor employees and demand to see their employment records."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room