Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Valor Unlimited: Issue 3, Passing of an Era

Postby CaptainChaos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:31 am

Nova

Stacy shakes her head at his comment. What is it with him? Is he really like this all the time or is it just an act?

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not into that sort of thing. I do know a couple of women that like to be domineering if you like that type. One of them works with my roommate at Lookers."

"As for a car, I could probably borrow my roommate's. She doesn't have to go to work until 9 tonight. It's nothing fancy, just a basic four door sedan but it will be inconspicuous on campus. I can change into something more comfortable while at the apartment as well. As for your street clothes, sorry I don't keep mens clothing at my place and you would look silly in mine."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Split Second
hp4 lp1

"I'm not quite sure me in your clothes would be... inconspicuous." He smiles. "I can meet you in front of your building." He pauses only a moment. "If you can tell me where that is, it's not like I'm a stalker or anything. Or at some nuetral location you choose."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

" Good...you take the first adress, I'll take the apartment building", Justitia agreed, eager to get this investigation started.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Nova

flynnarrel wrote:Split Second
hp4 lp1

"I'm not quite sure me in your clothes would be... inconspicuous." He smiles. "I can meet you in front of your building." He pauses only a moment. "If you can tell me where that is, it's not like I'm a stalker or anything. Or at some neutral location you choose."

"I trust you to keep the location of my apartment a secret. A couple of others on the team know where it is. The address is 9465 Ivy Brook Road. My apartment is number 306. I'll see you there soon."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 pm

GM Post:

After a brief detour, Split Second and Nova arrive at the complex where the graduate student science labs are. Security seems minimal, consisting of a lone man with a walkie-talkie and a flashlight. He seems to know most of the visitors to the complex. The complex itself holds as many as a dozen individual labs. From an initial glance, nothing seems out of the ordinary. No one, the security guard included, takes much notice of the plain clothes heroes.

OOC wrote:Jackson hasn't indicated a destination yet, so I'll just put him with Flare at the first place on the list, the chemical plant.

Justitia's destination, the alleged drug den, by contrast has a couple of hoodlums out front who seem likely lookouts. They seem to harrass those entering or leaving the building, but don't get physical with anyone in the period that Justitia watches. Across the street is a van labeled "Eddie's Exterminators," which shows a cartoony cowboy firing at a trio of cartoony anthropomorphic rats. Justitia knows that the van is an undercover surveillance unit from her department. Whoever is inside would easily recognize her in her street clothes if they got a clear look at her. She can't get a good sense of what's going on inside of the apartment building's boiler room, the primary suspect for drug manufacturing.

Elsewhere, the Jackson-Flare duo stake out the chemical factory. From the outside, no lookouts are visible but the pair can make out some basic security cameras. A couple of shady looking pedestrians go into the building, presumably customers, but the truck ports seem mostly inactive at present. A bored looking man loads boxes onto one of the trucks, but the endeavor appears rather mundane.

OOC wrote:I will need Perception rolls from Jackson and Flare, please.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:53 am

GM Post:

Jerry nods enthusiastically. "Alright, I don't mind a bit. If it helps you keep people safe, then go right ahead..." Mr. DNA ignores the following few statements of agreement, all of which hinge on ideas such as "Hey, if I do get powers when I recover, is there any chance I could join Valor Unlimited?" or "Umm, you're going to tell the police that I'm cooperating, right? I mean, I don't have a criminal record and I was really trying to help people..."

Instead, Mr. DNA focuses on the memories of my Stairs, digging deeper and deeper into the cooperating man's mind. He sees the duo of Jerry and Jacob hanging out in a pool hall while the two discuss hearing about the drug. Jerry is winning because Jacob doesn't at all care about the game. Jerry, being a trusting individual, is blind to Jacob's burning desire for powers. From the sequence of the conversation, Jerry's primary role is supposed to be to drop a few hundred dollars on the drugs; Jacob is broke. The contact with the dealer, however, is all Jacob's business. When the meeting happens, a guy with a vaguely European accent greets the two boys. They meet in one of the city parks, close to some of the older and rougher neighborhoods. It looks like a good percentage of people in the park are aspiring gangbangers, trying to look tough in public, possibly with the hopes of getting noticed by someone involved in a gang that isn't primarily for show.

The dealer himself isn't dressed in that fashion, however. He's got jeans on and a jean jacket, complemented by a slightly stained undershirt. His fingernails look like they've been dyed from whatever his day job or former profession might have been. Jerry remembers him smelling bad in a pine-scented cleaning product way. He says few things of interest save for the fact that he's in a hurry to get back to work. Jerry hurriedly pays for a small plastic bag full of four pills, then turns and walks off in a determined pace, looking around for cops. Jerry stops paying attention to him at this point, focusing instead on their purchase as they quickly move away from the scene of their illicit dealings. Jacob and Jerry both take their pills as quickly as possible, swallowing them with some bottled water they brought along for that purpose. Within moments, Jacob starts flexing and looking at his muscles, saying that he feels like he can win the Olympics. Looking at one of the nearby cars, Jacob hurries to the vehicle. Misunderstanding Jacob's intention, Jerry warns Jacob: "Hey man, you don't look any different. No need for the mirror..." His words cut off as Jacob lifts the car in the air, then tosses it a dozen feet away. Stunned, Jerry's objection comes a few seconds after the car stops rolling across the parking lot, "Whoa, whoa, don't man! That's someone's car!"

Jacob laughs and jets up into the sky like he's been trained how to do it his whole life. The less lucky of the two young men reaches for his smart phone, hoping to take a picture. Instead, he feels dizzy and starts coughing. He notices in horror that his hands are subsequently covered in blood. At the sight of his own blood, however small the amount, he faints and awakens in the hospital.

Mr. DNA is able to jot down a cell phone number for Jacob with minimal intrusion into Jerry's mind. The young man doesn't know where his acquaintance lives.

OOC wrote:Since the target is cooperating (i.e. automatically and intentionally failing his safe), Mr. DNA has four degrees of success and can access any information he needs - the only restriction being time. Each topic/question that Mr. DNA raises requires 1 round. Note that Jerry is aware of any information that the hero accesses, so delving into private matters will provoke mental resistance on his part.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Project Icarus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:10 am

Flare
HP: 1

Perception check: 1d20+7=17
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Kaisius » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Jackson Wright
HP 2
Cond : Normal

OoC wrote:Perception 1d20+10=19
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

Justitia watched for a while, uncertain of what to do next. The place was already under surveillance, but her colleagues could do little without proof. She, however, was not bound to that. Going back to her car, she got out a heavy-looking bag and walked towards the house, her steps certain, her posture indicating that she was supposed to be here.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Mr. DNA

With his attention on the information and narrative being drawn from Jerry Stair's mind, Mr. DNA is only paying polite attention to Jerry's spoken word, but it is easier to keep the two streams of communication separate. "Are you actually being charged with a crime, Jerry? I would have thought your role in this incident would have been defined as a victim."

Trying to borrow Mr. Stair's olfactory senses Mr. DNA tries to identify the chemical scent on the dealer. He also sifts through Jerry's knowledge of Jacob; where does he know where his acquaintance live? Does he have a phone number or other contact information? Darren replays the scene of Jacob throwing the car... is it certain that Jacob flew away? Not leaped?

"You have only been awake for a little while? Have you had any other visitors or outside contact aside from me?"
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Split Second
hp4 lp1

"How shall we handle the guard? Distract or go around?"

[What time of day?]
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Nova

I believe it is still during the day.

Stacy smiles at her teammate.

"Trust me, we shouldn't have any problems getting in. We'll just pretend we're recent transfer students who are interested in working in the lab and just wanted to look around first."

Then she walks purposefully up to the guard.

"Hi." she says smiling sweetly.

"I'm Stacy and this is my friend Derek. We're new here. Just transferred in UNC and we would like to take a look around the lab. We're thinking of applying for a work study program there and wanted to make sure the kind of research they do is in our interests."

Persuasion = 1d20+5=14 If the Attractive feat applies, then it will be a 16.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Split Second

"Yeah, we can hardly find our way around this campus." Derek interjects looking dumfounded.

persuasion (1d20+5=22) aid other for +2
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 am

GM Post:

The guard seems hesitant to bow to Stacy's requests despite the fact that he clearly finds her attractive. "Ummm, ma'am, I really can't let anyone in without a pass." Despite his formal refusal of her request, he doesn't seem entirely certain of his position. After Derek speaks on her behalf, the guard sizes him up, decides that Derek definitely looks clueless, then the security guard turns his attention back to Stacy and revises his answer: "You know what? It's no problem. Just knock on that first door to your right. It's a lounge. As long as one of the grad students is in there, they can show you around. But if you're going to stay longer than 15 minutes or so, then you'll want to get a guest pass from the Sciences admin building." He points to a building that looks to be about 5 minutes casual walk away.

OOC wrote:Correct; it is during the day.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:57 am

Kaisius wrote:Jackson Wright

OoC wrote:Perception 1d20+10=19

Project Icarus wrote:Flare

Perception check: 1d20+7=17

Both Jackson and Flare see what looks like a person quickly fly into one of the windows on the second floor of the chemical factory. Neither got a good look at him or her.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room