Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited: Issue 5, A Different World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Valor Unlimited: Issue 3, Passing of an Era

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Mr. DNA

With apparent marching orders, Mr. DNA leaves the conference room as most everyone else files out to go to their assignments. After signing out of the buildings new security perimeter, he begins sky-skating towards the hospital.

<<Jackson> Jackson, this is Mr. DNA. I noted that you wanted to be involved in the interview with Jerry Stairs. I didn't want you to feel that I was discounting your wishes or expertise in the matter; mostly my intent was to accede to Mainframe's suggestion to avoid upsetting him. This may actually prove more efficient, as I'll be able to start doing a chemical and molecular workup on the blood right away... on a different note, have you considered using the appellation "Roadrunner"?>
Jackson will have a limited amount of time to respond, before Mr. DNA closes the communication link, and then becomes busy at the hospital.

Also while in the air, Darren places a call to his sister, inviting her to come to Denver on business -and to visit, of course.
If his call doesn't go through, he will use Telepathy

After assuring Dr. McCallister that he will respect the patient's rights, Mr. DNA quietly enters the patient's room.
"Mr. Stairs, I'm known as Mr. DNA, and I work with the group known as Valor Unlimited. We have been asked by local police to assist them in locating the persons who are responsible for nearly killing you... may I sit down?"
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Project Icarus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:19 am

Flare

Flare cleared his throat before everyone could leave the room. "What am I, chopped liver?" he asked, quickly intercepting Jackson and Justitia at the conference room door. "I guess I'm stuck with you guys, then. Let's hit the streets, shall we?"
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 am

GM Post:

Mr. DNA's call goes to straight to voice mail but he's able to leave a message for his sister. A few moments later, he steps into the hospital room and finds himself face to face with a young man in a hospital bed. Jerry is an African American young man who still looks a little unwell from taking the drug. The youth doesn't look like prime drug consumption candidacy. In fact, he looks somewhat nerdy. He seems thrilled to have a costumed superhero step into the hospital room. He sets aside his smart phone and beams at Mr. DNA: "Oh man, oh man, you're like, a real superhero. No way. Get out of here!" The last comment doesn't seem to be a literal command.

A second later, he seems self conscious and explains. "Ummm, I know this looks real bad but it's not about the drugs or anything. I mean, you know, it didn't work for me but the idea was good. I just wanted to be, well, like you." He puts aside his excitement for a second to answer the hero's question. "Yeah, sit down. Man, you can definitely sit down! Ummm, I'll help you if you want to find the guys selling this stuff. I guess it isn't safe yet..." He looks down at his body, which is a little infirm at the moment. "... but you know, it isn't a total failure. It worked for Jake. I mean, it worked really well. No side effects or nothing."

He looks down for a second and then explains, "You see, I didn't take this alone. This guy I know, Jacob Vance, he took some too. He's been pushing really hard to, you know, get powers. Something in his life went bad and he's got the whole 'something he needs to fix' origin story. Except, for him, it was crazy successful. The guy said it was Viltriumite DNA that we injected. For Jake, I guess it took. He just lifted a truck, we laughed like crazy, and then he flew off."

OOC wrote:That natural 20 gives him a critical success for another degree of success.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Jackson Wright
HP 2
Cond : normal

Mr. DNA wrote:<<Jackson> Jackson, this is Mr. DNA. I noted that you wanted to be involved in the interview with Jerry Stairs. I didn't want you to feel that I was discounting your wishes or expertise in the matter; mostly my intent was to accede to Mainframe's suggestion to avoid upsetting him. This may actually prove more efficient, as I'll be able to start doing a chemical and molecular workup on the blood right away... on a different note, have you considered using the appellation "Roadrunner"?>

Telepathy is going to take some getting used to..., Jackson thought to himself. <It's alright, DNA. It's a good call. Mainframe needs a little space. As far as "Roadrunner" goes...I've heard tale of a guy in LA who got into trouble using Cal State's mascot on his suit. It got settled, but he had to move to New York over it. Thanks for the suggestion, though.>

Moments later, as Jackson prepares to lift off with Justitia and Flare, a thought occurs to him. "Hey, the guy in the hospital, do we know where he lives? It's a shot in the dark, but if he lives near one of Mainframe's sites, we might as well start there."
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Split Second
hp 4 lp1

"So, the first address is... in a not-so-nice part of town, the next is... hey, they had a shooting last month, the third is... at least it's near McDonalds. Lunch?" Derek asks Nova.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Nova

Stacy's mind was elsewhere while Split Second was talking about the places they had been assigned to investigate. She had been debating whether or not to tell him about her date with Jackson but wasn't sure how he would react. She also considered trying to set Brittany up with Split Second on a blind date. She almost didn't catch him asking her to lunch at McDonalds.

"McDonalds? Big spender. Don't you think we would cause a commotion if we walked in there in costume? Speaking of which, do you think it would be better if we investigated these places in street clothes? We would be less conspicuous that way."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Split Second
hp4lp1

"Hey, if the potential drug house was located by Chez La Petit I woulda suggested there." Derek smiles. "As it is, we'd be going dutch unless, you know, it were an actual date." He hints.

"As for street clothes, Stacey, I'd think you'd get double takes and stares no matter what you were wearing." He says with a smile. "But sure, trouble is, I don't have a car here, they're too slow. We'd need to change there, which, we might be seen, or we'd have to take another vehicle. I guess we could do a... taxi." Even the word sounds foreign from his lips.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 am

Kaisius wrote:Jackson Wright
HP 2
Cond : normal

Mr. DNA wrote:<<Jackson> Jackson, this is Mr. DNA. I noted that you wanted to be involved in the interview with Jerry Stairs. I didn't want you to feel that I was discounting your wishes or expertise in the matter; mostly my intent was to accede to Mainframe's suggestion to avoid upsetting him. This may actually prove more efficient, as I'll be able to start doing a chemical and molecular workup on the blood right away... on a different note, have you considered using the appellation "Roadrunner"?>

Telepathy is going to take some getting used to..., Jackson thought to himself. <It's alright, DNA. It's a good call. Mainframe needs a little space. As far as "Roadrunner" goes...I've heard tale of a guy in LA who got into trouble using Cal State's mascot on his suit. It got settled, but he had to move to New York over it. Thanks for the suggestion, though.>

Moments later, as Jackson prepares to lift off with Justitia and Flare, a thought occurs to him. "Hey, the guy in the hospital, do we know where he lives? It's a shot in the dark, but if he lives near one of Mainframe's sites, we might as well start there."

Well, dearest GM, does he?
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 am

Neo-Paladin wrote:Well, dearest GM, does he?

OOC wrote:He lives close to the first one on each list. Please see the OOC thread for more info.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Mr. DNA

Startled by the warm reception, Mr. DNA blinks uncertainly for a moment before crossing the room to sit next to the bed. This isn't the encounter he was expecting... the fact that it seems to be going so very well has actually thrown him for a bit of a loop. He lets the young man ramble to a stop as he settles into the chair.

"Well Mr. Stairs, I'm pleased that you're happy to see me. I'm also pleased that you are in a condition that you are able to see me, if you follow my drift." He pulls out his data pad. Mr. DNA doesn't need to take notes, but he feels he should make appearances. "Your friend Jacob Vance. Have you seen or spoken with him since he took the drug? I don't want to invoke a negative self-fulfilling prophecy, but I would anticipate the harmful effects of the drug to take effect after the beneficial effects wore off."

Considering Jerry's apparent interest in super beings, Mr. DNA continues. "Mr. Stairs, would you be interested in communicating with me telepathically? I won't read your mind without your permission, but it will be an interesting experience for you, I think. If we link telepathically, you'll be able to relay the events leading up to your purchase of the drug, and ending up here in the hospital."
Last edited by Lord Fell on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 am

Justitia

HP:3

Condition: Normal

" Alright, people", Justitia said once her group is on the way, " I suggest a preliminary sweep of the area in street clothes, maybe a flyover. We ought to learn who hangs around, suspicious vehicles etc etc."
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Project Icarus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:48 am

Flare

"Sure." He nodded. "I've figured out a way to get myself airborne with a bit of speed, so if we split up, we can each take one of the addresses." He held up a hand as if to ward off argument. "Don't worry, I won't take all the bad guys out on my own. Oh, and street clothes sound like a good idea. Nothing like a guy in red spandex to shout, 'Hey, you're in trouble!'"
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 am

Split Second

Derek thinks a moment longer. "Yeah, plain clothes, we'll take a cab to the university lab first and check that out. It has a number of places we can eat in walking distance of the campus. Some of them probably even... healthy." He makes a face.

"I'll dress 'smart' to better blend in at a colledge lab. I'll try for 'sexy geek'." He smiles.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Nova

Stacy smiles when she thinks about Split Second trying to look like he fits in at a college lab.

"I wouldn't worry too much about eating healthy food. While I enjoy a good salad from time to time, I've eaten my share of pizza and wings during my undergrad years. Of course, like most students, my freshman year diet consisted of lots of Ramen noodles."

"I used to work in my university lab before I was blamed for an accident. I shouldn't complain too much though since that accident made me the woman I am today. My science experience will be useful when we look around the lab. Tell you what, if you enjoy a good sub, I know a few places near the school we could go to. I'll even treat."
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Split Second

"I uh... take it you aren't referring to sub-and-Dom games?" he asks in a I-hope-she-means-yes sort of way before smiling disarmingly. "Sub as in, hero sandwiches? I could go for that. Or at least a side-kick sandwich. And I take it we are calling a cab to the University?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room