Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Age of Heroes II: Gods and Monsters (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Age of Heroes I: Fire in the Sky (IC)

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Kifi
HP: 1 Luck: 1 Cond: Scared.

Whatever sleep her body might have yearned, it fled in the space of a heartbeat. Without thought, Kifi's form dissolved and flowed out the window, splashing harmlessly on the ground and then speeding towards her destination. Her heart, as well as her body, was now water, but still Kifi felt it pounding in her head with fright and worry as she arrived with her beloved teacher, mentor, and master, no wall or gate keeping her from reaching him.

Treatment check - Diagnose (1d20+14=32)
Treatment check - Treat (1d20+14=18)
Not risking using Healing yet. It wouldn't do to fall unconscious in the middle of the desert ^^
And I was ready to let the day end for Kifi, you know? ;)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Hound
HP: 3

Hound bowed as the two Pharina crawled into bed. He turned and left the room, taking up guard duty just outside of the room. He was very silent as he stood contemplating what Kifi had told him earlier... Today had been a long... tiring day. He had learned much and more. Something that maybe he should have never known. What would become of this young slave boy? What did the gods have planned? Hound's one tiny little world, had suddenly and with out warning grown very, very large today.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby knitcat » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50 pm

PANYA

Panya glowered. She couldn't believe Hound left the room and didn't even answer her question about the guards who were supposed to be outside the door. Is he in on this too? she wondered. No, couldn't be. One cannot act that clueless, Panya muttered to herself. As usual something must needs be done, and I am the one who has to do it.

Panya is confident that Kepi did not drink a drop of that sleeping draught. Better to keep that to herself... for now.

"Pharinas," she said sweetly. "I wish you pleasant dreams. I promise to watch over you while you sleep. Nothing will pass under my gaze - I vow it."

Panya placed herself against the far wall so she could watch the door and the bed. She was determined to stay on her toes. Yet, with all of the activity today... it is the longest of days. What she wouldn't give to be lying next to Pharaoh right now... and clean. No. Best not to wish.
knitcat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby roguescribner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Kifi

You closed your eyes for what seemed like the briefest of moments, but you will later realize nearly two hours had passed. You exit the city, which still smells of smoke and death, and wind your way through the terrain until you reach the familiar fronds. The moon light is hardly helpful, but you find your mentor lying still on the ground. Though his body is cold, life still flickers within him. He was struck with a poison arrow and succumbed almost instantly. Imhotep's head struck a tree as he fell, inflicting a mild concussion. You're able to stabilize him, but you'll need to treat him further to flush the poison from his system.

Panya and Hound

You both take your positions and settle in for a long night. The quiet and darkness cause your eyelids to grow heavy. You listen intently for any disturbances. All is well... and serene... and...

GM wrote:See OOC thread for rolls vs sleep!
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm

Jabari
HP: 1 Condition: Dealing

"For now, let us say that I am prepared to help you die for your beliefs. Quickly and painlessly. I am not a cruel man given to torture or inflicting suffering... or betrayal." Jabari carefully watches the man tied down before him and nods. "I know already that Salih is the one who let your people into the palace. But here he is, mutilating your flesh and keeping you from the peace of Duat. If you tell me something I don't know, then we will see what I am willing to do."

Persuasion (1d20+9=22)
Fortitude (1d20+8=10) +5 Great Endurance. Jabari is still going fine.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby roguescribner » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:13 am

Jabari

The prisoner genuinely looks confused at your words. "Why would Pharaoh's dog help us? Leave me out of your politics, boy!" The haggard but angry man spits for effect.

From across the room, you hear a weak murmur. "I have... knowledge you seek..."

You cross over to a middle-aged bearded man lying on the floor. He's missing an arm and has other more recent cuts to his abdomen and face. "Promise to... end my misery... Save the others... if you can... Be merciful... if I tell you..."

GM wrote:Your previous persuasion will work on the new guy. Just say the right words and he'll spill.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gazman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Jabari
HP: 1 Condition: Agreeing

Jabari is aghast at the damage done to the prisoner before him. He looks away and speaks. "By the gods. This is not right. A warrior should be free to feel the thrill of battle or the peace of death. I will end your misery. Tell me what you know and you will leave this place" Jabari forces his eyes back to those of the bearded man and nods once.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Hound » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Hound
HP: 3

Hound turned to Panya, "If you wish to bathe, I can stay here. However if you insist on remaining here, then I will go get us some food." The boy had to report to Kifi, but didn't want to rush off too quickly.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby knitcat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:18 pm

PANYA

Panya offers a weak smile to Kepi's servant boy. "Food would be much appreciated, dearest Hound," she says, resigned to the notion that Hound wants to split up for some unknown reason. "And perhaps a damp cloth to wipe the blood and gore from my person."

If the boy wishes to leave, she cannot stop him. She dismissed him as politely as her annoyance would allow and then refocused her attention back to the pharinas in her charge.

Here are my sleepy-time rolls.

1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=8, 1d20+6=16

knitcat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby roguescribner » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Jabari

The one-armed man coughs and leans his head against the cold wall. "There is a betrayer... within the palace... I know not the name... But the gate... We were told... it would be open... And we were to kill Pharaoh... the queen... but not to harm the children..." He coughs again and rolls to his side. "I swear upon Set that is all I know... show my men mercy... show me... mercy..."

Hound and Panya

GM wrote:I'll let you finish conversing before updating. Panya made her first save but failed the second and third, so after midnight she'll be exhausted and then after 3 am asleep.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gazman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Jabari
HP: 1 Condition: Pressing

Jabari grasps the man head and pull it back to face him, gently but firmly. "I will show you mercy. More, I wager than you and your men would have done. But one thing more. You know there is a betrayer, but not his name. How were you to recognize him? There must be something else. Was there a sign? A sigul? A passcode? Tell me this one thing more and then you will know peace." The storm warrior releases the captive and awaits his reply.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby roguescribner » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Jabari

"I was not in command...," he says weakly. "A group was sent to the palace... A group was sent to the river... A group was sent to the path to Saqqara... My group was to secure the gate after entry... We very well could have killed... the one who let us in... I know not who... I swear upon Set I speak true... I am not of high rank... to know such things..."

Hound

You leave Panya to watch over the pharinas. You find it strange there is no guard at the door, but with Panya inside you know at least someone is guarding the Pharaoh's daughters. You obediently walk down to the lower level and down the hall to Imhotep's sanatorium to report to Kifi. When you reach the door you find Ahti standing outside staring blankly into space. She is blocking your entry.

When you greet her and ask to pass, her dark eyes fixate on you. "Mistress Kifi is not to be disturbed. She is resting. Come back after daybreak."

Strangely enough, you feel compelled to comply.

GM wrote:Ahti is using mind control on Hound. It's cheesy, but it makes a kind of sense that maybe will become apparent later. But for now, GM fiat. Take a hero point. And Coyotzin can take one too for me preventing the reunion.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 am

Kifi
HP: 2 Luck: 1 Cond: Scared.

Once she had carried her master back to the sanatory, Kifi set off to work once more. She wished she had kept some of the compound she prepared for Kepi, but she'd have to work with what she had.

She laid Imhotep on one of the beds and cleaned the wounds. Fatigue nipped at her consciousness but she paid no mind as she prepared everything. Then, looking down at his ashen face, she breathed deeply and closed her eyes, then leaned down to kiss him gently.

Pain burned through her body as the poison traveled to her body, and her head swam with the stabbing pain on her flesh and her head... the combination was enough to send her to blessed unconsciousness, resting on top of her beloved mentor.

Fortitude check (1d20+7=19), resisting

Healing check (1d20+10=13); Imhotep recovers only his worst damage condition; which would be Incapacitated. He also recovers 10pp's worth of poison damage as her power is also Restorative. And since the power is Empathic, Kifi takes on that and drops Incapacitated on Imhotep's lap.

Which would make the following check moot :), but I rolled both Fortitude saves before the Healing check...
Fortitude check (1d20+7=9)
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby roguescribner » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Kifi

As you slip into unconsciousness, a silhouetted figure appears in your peripheral vision. "Don't worry, healer," Ahti says barely above a whisper. "I will watch over you."
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Hound
HP: 4

Unless there is something you need, Hound will go back and stand guard for now.

Hound suddenly felt the strong urge to leave Kifi alone for the night. He dashed of to the kitchens and swiped some food for him and Panya before returning to his guard duty...

Yeah I got nothing...
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room