Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Age of Heroes II: Gods and Monsters (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Age of Heroes I: Fire in the Sky (IC)

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Hound
HP: 2

Kifi spoke of many complicated things. Things far beyond the simplistic schooling the young slave had ever received. There was one thing he did understand, the thought of Kepi ascending to the throne was terrifying. It was one thing to let her lash him, but if she took the throne she might last an entire village should she be in a foul mood.

She continued to speak of things Hound barely could comprehend. As one last grand gesture he lowered any defences she had, and opened her arms wide as if trying to embrace the small boy.

Tears streamed down the boy's cheeks as an internal war waged between his loyalty to the Pharina, and the information provided to him. The boy clenched his teeth and raised his sword high, he leapt forward and began to swing.

Hound's blade stopped an inch from her throat. Yet Kifi did not flinch at his movements. She had placed all her trust in the boy. It had paid off.

Hound fell to his knees and dropped his sword. The hunter bowed his head, "Gods forgive me... I... believe you."

Unless Kifi want's to add anything, you can scene with Hound having followed her orders about the sniffing for Ahti's scent on bottles, and yadda yadda yadda...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Jabari
HP: 1 Condition:

Jabari's knuckles tighten on his sword grip and sparks fly from his eyes. He is about to draw the weapon when he reconsiders. The young officer looks around the dismal surroundings and the poor wretches held there, by chains or by duty.

The lord's son lets his posture slip and speaks to the jailors again, in a voice more coarse and familiar. "Think we got off on the wrong foot there, lads. I know you're busy here and I'm not trying to make more work. Its the lords and them upstairs dumping more on me. Maybe you let me know what you need help with and then you can help me get some answers out of these scum. Eh?"

Persuasion (1d20+9=17)
Circumstance bonus? :D
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby knitcat » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 pm

PANYA

With minimal effort you command the winds themselves to knock Ahti out of the room, slamming the door shut. Inetkawes and Kepi both appear from behind the screen and look wildly about the room. A deep thud can be felt from outside the room. "What just happened?" the elder sister asks you.

"Just... a gust of wind, your Highness."
knitcat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby roguescribner » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Panya

You listen intently for movement outside of the door, but all you hear is silence. No one is coming to check on the disturbance it seems.

"Did I hear my toad?" Kepi asks. "Did you send her away?" Kepi moves towards the door to investigate.

Jabari

"Wanna help?" the gruff guard asks, placing some putrid smelling buckets in front of you. "Dump these chacha pails outside and then put the empties over there. We get our hands dirty doing our business. And dealing with this scum is dirty business. Do that and we'll see about your questions."

Kifi and Hound

Hound acquiesces and searches the room, sniffing the multitude of bottles that align against a wall above a mixing table. One bottle in particular catches the boy's attention and he obediently proffers it to Kifi. Kifi inspects the bottle and easily identifies it as arsenic trioxide, a fiery poison that when mixed with natron disappears in water in a clear solution. It very easily could be mixed into a beverage or sprinkled on some food and the recipient would be none the wiser.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gazman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Jabari
HP: 1 Condition: Complying

Jabari stares at the buckets of refuse with his stormy grey eyes again sparking with lightning. He grimaces his teeth and forces his words out past them, "Sure thing, fellows. I'd be... happy to help you. We are all in this together, yes?"

Trying not to breathe, Jabari hangs the buckets from his spear and carefully balances it as far away from his face as he can. He sets off towards the middens as fast as his burden and his elemental swiftness allow.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Coyotzin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Kifi
HP: 1 Luck: 1 Cond: Doubly suspicious.

"Thank you, Hound." Kifi said. Her thanks were meant for much more than just finding the compound. She knelt to be level with him, one of her hands gently caressing his cheek. "I'm sorry to bring you in on this horrible situation, and I'm sorry I need to ask you something else."

She walked over to her worktable and poured the sleeping draught plus antipoison into a dainty glass bottle, then handed it to him.

"Take this to the Pharina." She said. "Say nothing of our suspicions, and, when you are in her presence, use your prodigious sense of smell to look for the smell of this substance on her."

She pointed to the powerful venom that he had identified and held it close -but not too close- for him to get an impression.

"Do nothing, absolutely nothing. If you do find the smell on her, then come back and tell me when she dismisses you. That will be the final link we need, and from that we can figure out how to tell the Pharaoh without losing our heads."

Once he had departed, she leaned back against the wall. How did Kepi know about that poison? And how to give directions to Ahti? Ahti couldn't read and didn't know the symbols they used to identify each jar. Could someone in this very building be also in league with Kepi? One of Imhotep's priestesses?

And Imhotep was still missing.

She yawned and closed her eyes. It had been a very, very long day; she could do with a short sleep before tackling the questions still open, still hanging over their heads.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Hound
HP: 3

Hound took the sleeping drought and bowed to the Healer. "May the gods guide us, and may their will be carried out." He whispered, barely loud enough for her to hear. The young boy turned and made is way back to the Pharina's chambers.

The journey was quick, as Hound used his enhanced speed to quicken the journey. In a matter of moments he arrived at the door...

Just incase there is a surprise waiting for me, I won't presume the guards are still there, or I can enter freely.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 am

Jabari

When you return from your putrid task, the gruff guard's burly companion approaches you. "Name's Adofo," he says, taking the empty pails from you. "If yer willin' to wallow in chacha just to talk to these pissers, I guess we can be of some aid. Most of these dregs wouldn't know if their mothers were here to pamper their asses, but the more lively ones are in the back. Just follow the screams." And as if on cue, a man screams from inside a small room in the rear of the chamber. "Don't know what yer lookin' for, but if anyone knows, it'll be them back there."

You thank Adofo and make your way to the small room in the back. Upon entering you see about half a dozen men in various states of undress and physical health scattered about the room. One mean looking guard stands next to Salih, whose attention is currently occupied with a captured Setite strapped to a table in the center of the room. The captain of the guard is holding a freshly bloodied blade in his hands. "You will tell me, sir. How did you come to Memphis at her most vulnerable? What treachery has spawned from these walls to call your attack?"

Kifi

You watch as Hound exits. You realize Ahti is not where you left her. Hopefully, she is not getting into trouble. This has indeed been a long day and you look forward to sleep at some point. You just hope you don't lose your head in the process.

Hound

You arrive outside Inetkawes' chamber. You notice the lack of a guard outside the closed door and a damaged wall further down the corridor. Otherwise, the area is empty and quiet.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

Hound

Senses 11: Extended Vision, Extended Hearing, Accurate Hearing, Accurate Scent, Acute Scent, Analytical Scent, Extended Scent, Danger Sense[Scent], Tracking Scent

Stealth Check: 1d20+16=19 Ouch that sucks, but I will roll with it.

Hound slowed down, and tried to hide his presence, but his concern for the well being of the two Pharina made him rush. He sniffed the air, trying to smell blood, sweat, fear, or any other indicator of what might have happened. He strained his ears, trying to hear anything out of the ordinary, and where it might be.

If there are no indicators/signs outside of the room, he will enter.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Jabari
HP: 1 Condition: Intriguing

"Ah. Captain Salih. How fortuitous. I was just wondering the same thing." Jabari enters from behind the guardsmen as quietly as he can and asks his question over Salih's shoulder. "So, Settite, is there anything you would like to say to the true sons of Horus?"
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby roguescribner » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Jabari

Salih is pleased to see you. "Ah, Jabari! I could use a man like you. This scum is either dumb or so devoted to their cause they'll take the most brutal punishment and still not talk. Perhaps you can do better."

Salih's prisoner spits. "Pharaoh claims to unite kingdoms, but there is only one true supreme being! Djoser wears a false crown upon his snake head!"

Salih backhands the Setite. "Blasphemy!" The captain of the guard turns to you. "I've done what I can with these men. Suggestions?"

Hound and Panya

Hound enters the pharina's chamber, brandishing a small phial of liquid. "Is that the sleep nectar?" Kepi asks. "From Imhotep's own making?"
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Hound

The young boy slowly approached the pharina, then took a knee, bowing and lowering his head. "I have returned with the draught you wished for, Pharina." He held up the small vial for Kepi. As instructed he began taking slow deep breaths through his nose, trying to smell every little thing in the room, searching for the scent Kifi was looking for.

The hunter had carefully chosen his words. He had no skill for lying, and dishonestly left a foul taste in his mouth...
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:25 am

Jabari
HP: 1 Condition: Not Lying

Jabari pulls his lips back and bares his teeth at the guard captain, the fake smile immediately strains the tired lad's face. "I do have a suggestion. I think that you should go from the room and leave this dog to me. I believe that I can get answers from him, but you may not like what you see." Jabari punctuates this statement by slamming his spear on the floor and setting it sparking with his lightning.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby knitcat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 am

PANYA

Before anybody can drink anything.

To Hound, "So glad you had time to bathe. Maybe one day I will too. What of the guards who were outside the door?"
knitcat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby roguescribner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Jabari

Salih chuckles in a mixture of awe and nervousness. "Yes, Captain," he bows in amusement. "Do your worst." Salih nods at his guard and they leave you alone in the room with the fearful and weak Setite prisoners.

The restrained prisoner glares at you. "I've suffered much already, boy. I'm prepared to die for my beliefs. Are you?"

Hound and Panya

Kepi wraps her arm around Inet's waist. "Come sister," she coos. "Let us drink and sleep and dream of more pleasant tomorrows." Kepi takes the phial from Hound and quickly drinks from it. She then hands it to her sister who empties the remainder of the phial. Only, neither Hound or Panya are positive Kepi actually drank the elixir. "Come sister," Kepi takes Inet's hand in hers. "Let's douse the lights and put an end to this day."

"Yes, Kepi," her elder sister nods. "We'll safeguard each other."

"You two do what you must," Kepi says dismissively. "Only, do not disturb our slumber." The two sisters climb into bed together and embrace each other under the linens.

GM wrote:I made some rolls for you and you both did well. :)

Kifi

You gaze out the window of Imhotep's sanatorium, soaking in the moonlight. A cool breeze brushes against your face. You close your eyes and see the briefest and faintest of visions of a cloaked figure prone amidst some fronds. When you open your eyes your heart sinks. Imhotep... outside the city walls. Not moving.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room